Insert calculated median field in pivottable

Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table?  I've tried
inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field.

Thanks,

Joel

0
joel9064 (1)
11/16/2005 12:19:44 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Not supported in a pivot
--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table?  I've tried
> inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joel

0
terre081 (3244)

Using onchange event to Hide a field
I would like to dynamically show / hide certain fields on my CRM form based upon the user's selection from a Picklist. Is there any way to dynamically show / hide a field on a form using the onchange event of the Picklist? There is no supported way to do this. You could try setting the visibility of the associated DIV to false, but no guarantees. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:50:12 -0700, "cdobkins" <cdobkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would like to dyn...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Showing a date field as a number
Hi. I was wondering if there was any way that I could have a column showing the date and time (20/12/2007 06:00:00) and another column show the date and time as a number, (29548). This would be done in a select query, but I am not sure how? Is it possible? Regards AJ AJ, Use format... mm/dd/yy hh:nn:ss for 20/12/2007 06:00:00 Use format... #.0000 (with Decimal Places = to suit your needs) for 39436.2500 Use format... # (with Decimal Places = 0) for 39436 -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccs...

Insert trigger

Calculation of pricing where both value incl. as excl. tax are whole dollars
For a quotation I need to mention the price in USD, that is including 10% tax. Both this value and the value without tax should be values that has no dollar cents as rest value, like USD 30,00. I am looking for a small tool that gives me the nearest price value incl. tax above the value that I type in and met above condition. Sample: I type: 1300 Value incl tax 1320 Value excl. 1200 Excel 2003 / VB code ok. "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote: > For a quotation I need to mention the price in USD, > that is including 10% tax. > Both this value and the...

Formatting 'Hours' in work field with out decimals
I need help in formating the work hours showing rounded off to next hr, rather than showing with one decimal. Appreciate help What about using the Round function? Round([Field],0) - or something like that syntax. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I need help in formating the work hours showing rounded off to next > hr, rather than showing with one decimal. Appreciate help > On Jan 26, 2:05=A0pm, drjayr2002 <drjayr2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need help in formating the work hours showing rounded off to next ...

Calculate cumulative elapsed time in Excel?
In column B, I have the time in hh:mm:ss. In column E, I am trying to calculate the cumulative elasped time (ss) of column B. Please advise. Use the usual SUM() formula and format the formula cell to FormatCells>Custom>Enter: [ss] or to display in hour minute format [h]:mm:ss -- Jacob "Courtney" wrote: > In column B, I have the time in hh:mm:ss. In column E, I am trying to > calculate the cumulative elasped time (ss) of column B. Please advise. Thanks, that helped. Since I am trying to capture the elapsed time for many cells, I used =...

Font in drop-down field too small
I created a drop-down field with multiple menu choices. I am not able to increase the font size for those menu choices. The adjacent cells have a much larger font, and I would like my spreadsheet to be consistent. If these are data validation dropdown lists, you can't change the font size. There are a couple of workarounds here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger Juana Cafe wrote: > I created a drop-down field with multiple menu choices. I am not able to > increase the font size for those menu choices. The adjacent cells have a > much larger font, and...

Variable field names?
Hi I am trying to execute the following code: - strSQL = strSQL & Nz([" & strCOM_Year & "], 0) where strCOM_Year is a string I want the system to use as a field name. It doesn't like this. Keeps saying 'can't find the field "|" referred to in you expression', even though I can clearly see in the debug window that the current value of strCOM_Year is "2006/2007". i.e. I am looking for the value in the field called 2006/2007. Any ideas? Stapes Stapes wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to execute the following code: - > > str...

inserting hrs and minutes

Pivot Table field settings #2
How can I change the default settings in the field settings? I want it to SUM instead of COUNT. I am having to change multiple fields one at a time. Thanks. You can't change the default settings for the data fields. If a field contains blank cells, or cells with text, it will default to COUNT. Otherwise, it will SUM. You could change existing data fields with a macro: '========================= Sub PivotSumData() 'changes data fields to SUM Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField For Each pt In ActiveSheet.PivotTables For Each pf In pt.DataFields pf.Function = xlSum ...

Using calculated item to calculate running balances
I have a Pivot Table of a cash book showing monthly transactions per account as per example below. A B C D 1 Acc Jan Feb Total 2 100 1000 500 1500 3 200 200 300 500 4 Total 1200 800 2000 5 Running 1200 2000 I would like to add a row at the bottom showing a running balance. This is easy enough with a normal formula eg B5 = sum(B4,A5) and copied to the right. This row gets overwritten if the pivot table expands downwards. I would think adding a calculated item must work, but I do not know how. Can someone help? ...

Calculate Daily Interest, Paid out Weekly
Not sure if the subject makes sense I have 2 dates Rate = 8% Start = 12/28/2009 End = 2/18/2010 This is 7 weeks 3 days Daily interest = .08/365 = 0.02192% How do I find what the total for say $35.95 and the end of the period 02/18/2010 - If daily interest is applied at the end of every week. 1. Do I add the 3 days to 35.95 before calculating week1? 2. Is there a built in function that does this I'm thinking the total should be around 253.20 + the 3 days Thanks Steve What is the principal and when is it paid. Are you talking about one investment of $35.95...

Calc Field to list invoices paid by same check on one line of repo
Hi I have a customer who wanted a check dump file to send to their bank. Once the bank receives the file (in txt or tab delimited), they will use the infomration to actually print the checks for the customer. (This is not a positive pay file situation.) I was able to take one of the check forms and modify it to get all the data required by the bank. I am running into a snafu with getting it down to one line per check with multiple invoices listed one one line. It is listing the total check and one line per each invoice paid by the check: Example: Ck 2345 for $800.00 -...

Insert with a where condition

Calculation of weather data help
Hi, I have a data file (at http://www.weatherweb.net/cliall.dat) which contains daily weather data from 1881 in the format: dd,mm,yy,max temp,min temp, rainfall, sunshine, wind speed, wind gust, pressure What I would like to do is to calculate means for max, min, wind speed, wind gust and pressure, and also total rainfall and sunshine for each month. I would like the output in the format: mm,yy,mean meax, mean min, total rain, total sunshine, mean wind, mean wind gust, mean pressure Can anyone give any assistance as to how I might do this in excel to create a sngle file contain all th...

Insert

Error when adding a custom field through Deployment Manager
I am receiving an error when trying to add a custom field through the Deployment Manager: "An error occurred during the addition of the new field. The addition failed. For more information, see the event log". The Application event log lists the following entry: "dmLog: Failed to grant access to the regenerated view Account after inserting new attribute CFSTest." My domain login has domain admin privelages and is a member of the System Administrator role in CRM. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! this usually means the field is already there... if you c...

how to insert data in a table

DAO recordset on memo type field >255 long
Hi I have a table with a memo field with data frequently > 255 characters. My ultimate goal is to copy data from that table into a word document table. The method I am using is to query the table using a DAO recordset and then I loop through the record in the record set and insert them in my word table using vba code. When the data is > 255 characters long, the characters after 255 are not displayed properly in the recordset and therefore in the word document. Any idea what can be done about this? Maybe a different method for accessing the data? Thanks ...

Case (in)sensitivity of table names/field names
Hi ! I would like to work with Microsoft Access 2003 and Windows XP or Windows Vista. Are table names case insensitive? What about field names? Thank you very much for your kind help. Peter Yes, both are case insensitive, as is data. IOW, a search for either peter or Peter would find you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "peschrader" <peschrader@hREMOVEMEotmail.com> wrote in message news:up9WEFmeKHA.5136@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi ! > > I would like to work with M...