insert a row in a protected sheet

hello out there,

does anyone know in excel.

how do insert a row in a protected sheet without unprotecting the sheet.
i have a document where i do not want the formula to be touched in no
way form or fashion but i would like my users to constantly add or
delete information as they occur and the only way to do this is by
inserting or deleting a row to enter information.

thanking you all in advance for your continued help.

thank you,

rennoyinc

Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! Free Support at
http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/ **
0
rennoyinc (1)
10/25/2004 6:27:50 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Which version of Excel?

In 2002 and 2003 you can choose various options including inserting rows when
going to Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet.

Pick from the list of options when the dialog box pops up.

In earlier versions you would have to unprotect the sheet.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 25 Oct 2004 18:27:50 GMT, rennoy <rennoyinc@aol.com> wrote:

>hello out there,
>
>does anyone know in excel.
>
>how do insert a row in a protected sheet without unprotecting the sheet.
>i have a document where i do not want the formula to be touched in no
>way form or fashion but i would like my users to constantly add or
>delete information as they occur and the only way to do this is by
>inserting or deleting a row to enter information.
>
>thanking you all in advance for your continued help.
>
>thank you,
>
>rennoyinc

>Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! Free Support at
>http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/ **

0
Gord

how can i search for sheet with any part of sheet name
hi every on i need code for userform of textbox and listbox to search for any sheet in workbook with any part of that sheet name on i enter on textbox to populate on listbox all sheets named contain that enterd text on textbox . any help appreciated . thanks This code takes a string and searches the sheet name for it. Set strData to your textbox value and instead of msgbox, do a listbox.add Dim strData As String strData = "Dat" For i = 1 To ThisWorkbook.Sheets.Count For j = 1 To Len(ThisWorkbook.Sheets(i).Name) - Len(strData) + 1 If UCase(Mid(ThisWorkbook.Sheets(i).N...

Lookup selective from another sheet
Assume I have one sheet as below. How can I create a new sheet and display only those entrys that are greater than a entered value. i.e main sheet abc 2 def 5 ghi 6 jkl 5 fgh 3 krk 4 on second sheet, if 4 is entered only entrys >4 are shown. i.e def 5 ghi 6 jkl 5 krk 4 Try something like this: C1=IF(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A$1:B$4,2,FALSE)>Sheet1!B1,VLOOKUP(Sheet2!A$1:B$4,2,FALSE),NA()) Your main sheet is A1-b6 and Sheet 2 is A1:B4 "Jim" <Jim Forrest@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:WBb4f.34203$U9.12412@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Assume...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Linking a Column List to a Row List #2
Thanks for the help, it worked perfectly -- Mo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1250 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27428 ...

Alternate Row Shading
I'm a newbie who's got a five-column worksheet and about 900 rows, most of them already typed. Grateful if someone could advise how to shade all of the rows in an alternate fashion, i.e., light-gray, then dark-gray, etc. Thanks! AB Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Alex_Bachrach wrote: > I'm a newbie who's got a five-column worksheet and about 900 rows, > most of them already typed. Grateful if someone could advise how to > shade all of the rows in an alternate fashion, i.e., light-gray, then > dark-...

Excel
When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are displayed. Your question has fallen into an Access news group. Try an Excel news group for a better chance at getting a quick answer. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Rachel" wrote: > When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are displayed. "Rachel" <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> 在郵件 news:DE18E8EF-5A6D-4661-A768-41D3B4D85D6C@microsoft.com 中撰寫... > When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are ...

How To Copy Rows without Work Art
I have some Word Art in say Rows 9-23, I use some Macro code to copy cells 9-23 down to 10 grouped rows below 23, but everytime I run the Macro it also copies a 'New' Work Art over the existing Art below Row 15. My fear is that my file size will balloon. My code simply states Sheets("Starters").Select Rows("9:23").Select Selection.Copy Range("A25").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("A41").Select ActiveSheet.Paste How can I copy Rows 9-23 without the WorkArt also (which is 'floating' over Rows 14-18) Thanks Anot...

Insert trigger

Automatioc spill over data to a new Excel sheet from Xml source?
I have an XML source file with data for more than 256 columns. Since one sheet can contain a max of 256 cols, Is there a way to make Excel, create an additional sheet to keep the excess data? Preferrably using Xml map / template? ...

PROTECTING FORMULAS #2
I have a sheet where when opened, it runs an auto macro to move cell contents from one column to another and uses a formula to do some calculations. If I select the columns I want unlocked, then protect the sheet and try to run the macro, I get an "run time error 1004 unable to set the numberformat property of the range class" When I debug the following is highlightd "Selection.NumberFormat = ";;;" " I was a Lotus user and in Lotus I could select a range of cells or columns to protect, I'm having a hard time to get Excel to do the same. I appreciate th...

empty rows at bottom of worksheet
My worksheet has about 66,000 empty rows at the bottom of the sheet and that affects my usage of the scrollbar on the right of the screen. Anyone know how i can get rid of those miscellaneous rows? Michael If you will turn on the page break preview (piece of paper with a magnifying glass) which is the icon on the on the Standard Toolbar to the right of the Printer icon it will show you exactly what is going to print. There are solid blue lines that the edge of the page, the dashed blue lines are soft page breaks. Find the solid blue line at the bottom of the spreadsheet and drag it ...

inserting hrs and minutes

protecting formulas
I am trying to find a way to protect formulas on a spreadsheet whil still allowing users to put in new data. Is there a way to do this? am using excel 200 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Cherilyn unlock the cells where you want input and then protect the sheet with a password. Format | Cells... | Protection tab | Locked = false (not ticked) Regards Trevor "Cherilyn >" <<Cherilyn.16krpe@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Cherilyn.16krpe@excelforum-nospam.com... > I am trying to find a way to protect formulas on a spreadsheet while ...

Empty rows
When I do Shift+Page Down+End+Arrow Down from the first selected row, it goes to row 65,536. How do I get it to go to the end of the report (the last typed row)? Connie Hi clear your used range first: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Connie Martin" <Connie Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:61708D1A-8D45-4213-A35A-54953A8C90E5@microsoft.com... > When I do Shift+Page Down+End+Arrow Down from the first selected row, it goes > to row 65,536. How do I get it to go to the end of the re...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

Auto Sum unknown number of rows
Im using odbc to import data from a database. Imported is a list of products in column A and then various columns containing sales figures. Because of the import from the database, I do not know how many rows of products will appear, this week we sell 500 different products, next week 550. I need to add totals to the columns directly under the last product. I've tried creating the totals in an empty template and then inserting the imported data so the total figures move down and appear at the bottom. However the imported data moves the total cells to the right instead of down. Tried ...

how to insert data in a table

Print Chart in New Sheet on Two Pages
Is there a way to print a chart on more than one page if it is a "new sheet" as opposed to an object in a worksheet? I noticed that Page Break Preview is disabled in this case. Thanks ...

Select alternate rows to copy
I would like to select alternate rows within a range on a worksheet to copy to another sheet. Any ideas on how to do this? -- Christina Christina Use a spare column (I used B but any will do), enter this formula and copy down to the full extent of your data. You will get alternating TRUE, FALSE =MOD(ROW(A2),2)=0 Now invoke an autofilter (Data>Filter>Autofilter) and filter on which one you want. Copy that data and pate to another sheet. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Christina" <Christina@disc...

insert downloads into power point