Insert a blank row

Hi,
I need some help to insert a blank row in a range where column A has a
series of dates. There will be several of the same dates and I need to both
sort the dates and then insert the blank row at the end of each sequence. In
the blank row I need to total figures that will be in columns B through  to
G.
Thanks,

Jim S

0
anon8156 (3)
1/17/2004 8:24:32 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Jim

maybe an easier solution
1. Sort your data (use 'Data - Sort', e.g., column A ascending)
2. Use 'Data - Subtotals' This will insert a row after each date and
calculate subtotals automatically for you

HTH
Frank

anon wrote:
> Hi,
> I need some help to insert a blank row in a range where column A has
> series of dates. There will be several of the same dates and I need
> to both sort the dates and then insert the blank row at the end of
> each sequence. In the blank row I need to total figures that will be
> in columns B through  to G.
> Thanks,
>
> Jim S

0
frank.kabel (11126)
1/17/2004 8:54:13 PM
Hi Jim,
Frank's answer is essentially he same as you got in another newsgroup,
meaning many people whether they answered or not  read your question
twice and either Frank or Harald might have made better use of their
time doing something else had they known the question was already answered.

0
dmcritchie (2585)

removing blank fields in a query
I need to build a table using a old database. the field I want has some data in them but can also have blanks. I do not wan the fields with blanks how do I accomplish this. -- Les >>I do not wan the fields with blanks Just omit that field. Or do you not want records that have blank fields? Use criteria of Is Not Null on the field. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Les" wrote: > I need to build a table using a old database. the field I want has some data > in them but can also have blanks. I do not wan the fields with blanks how ...

Linking a Column List to a Row List #2
Thanks for the help, it worked perfectly -- Mo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1250 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27428 ...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Excel
When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are displayed. Your question has fallen into an Access news group. Try an Excel news group for a better chance at getting a quick answer. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Rachel" wrote: > When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are displayed. "Rachel" <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> 在郵件 news:DE18E8EF-5A6D-4661-A768-41D3B4D85D6C@microsoft.com 中撰寫... > When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are ...

Alternate Row Shading
I'm a newbie who's got a five-column worksheet and about 900 rows, most of them already typed. Grateful if someone could advise how to shade all of the rows in an alternate fashion, i.e., light-gray, then dark-gray, etc. Thanks! AB Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Alex_Bachrach wrote: > I'm a newbie who's got a five-column worksheet and about 900 rows, > most of them already typed. Grateful if someone could advise how to > shade all of the rows in an alternate fashion, i.e., light-gray, then > dark-...

How To Copy Rows without Work Art
I have some Word Art in say Rows 9-23, I use some Macro code to copy cells 9-23 down to 10 grouped rows below 23, but everytime I run the Macro it also copies a 'New' Work Art over the existing Art below Row 15. My fear is that my file size will balloon. My code simply states Sheets("Starters").Select Rows("9:23").Select Selection.Copy Range("A25").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("A41").Select ActiveSheet.Paste How can I copy Rows 9-23 without the WorkArt also (which is 'floating' over Rows 14-18) Thanks Anot...

Insert trigger

PO's printing Blank
When a user creates a PO and prints to screen they are coming up blank Please Help Hi What happens when they print to printer? Does the printer prints a blank page? "Edward Perrier" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2c00701c469a4$56b91660$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When a user creates a PO and prints to screen they are > coming up blank Please Help Are they completely blank, or are the lines missing. If it is just the lines, it could be the release dates? Carol "Edward Perrier" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

empty rows at bottom of worksheet
My worksheet has about 66,000 empty rows at the bottom of the sheet and that affects my usage of the scrollbar on the right of the screen. Anyone know how i can get rid of those miscellaneous rows? Michael If you will turn on the page break preview (piece of paper with a magnifying glass) which is the icon on the on the Standard Toolbar to the right of the Printer icon it will show you exactly what is going to print. There are solid blue lines that the edge of the page, the dashed blue lines are soft page breaks. Find the solid blue line at the bottom of the spreadsheet and drag it ...

blank business cards from printer
I can print preview the cards I created but paper comes out blank. printed test page and other documents. Printer goes thru the motions but no ink. using publisher 2003. Is the content of the card an image rather than a mix of images and text? If the card content is a picture, be sure you have "Print full-resolution linked graphics" enabled. (Advanced Print Settings in the print dialogue). Are you using a template from the built-in templates that are part of the Publisher program? Special Paper Business cards will not print the built-in images. These cards have to be purch...

inserting hrs and minutes

GETPIVOTDATA and (blank)
I have created a spreadsheet which has two pivot tables in it on separate sheets. In addition there is a summary sheet which I use the GETPIVOTDATA function to extract data from the pivot tables referencing adjacent cells for the Manager and Rep ID's. The original data includes some rows without ID's in either the Rep or the Manager fields resulting in some "(blank)" entries on both pivot tables. Where this has happened on the first table I have entered "(blank)" in my reference cell on the summary sheet and the data is extracted as nomal. When I...

blank cd cover designs
Looking for some cool cd cover designs for all types of music "OL' MUSIC LOVER" <OL' MUSIC LOVER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92CA53B2-8A1B-43CB-A087-60535D52C0E7@microsoft.com... > Looking for some cool cd cover designs for all types of music Google it. I don't want to... http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011387531033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "OL' MUSIC LOVER" <OL' MUSIC LOVER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Empty rows
When I do Shift+Page Down+End+Arrow Down from the first selected row, it goes to row 65,536. How do I get it to go to the end of the report (the last typed row)? Connie Hi clear your used range first: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Connie Martin" <Connie Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:61708D1A-8D45-4213-A35A-54953A8C90E5@microsoft.com... > When I do Shift+Page Down+End+Arrow Down from the first selected row, it goes > to row 65,536. How do I get it to go to the end of the re...

Visio Viewer 2003 shows blank pages in Internet Explorer 6
Hello, When opening a Visio .vsd file created with Visio 2002 or 2003 using Explorer -> right mouse button -> open with -> Internet Explorer, I get a blank page. Already tried the following but nothing helped: * Uninstall/Reinstall of Visio 2003 Viewer * Repair of Visio 2003 Viewer * http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910349 * Install of Visio 2007 Viewer Visio Professional 2003 is also installed on my pc, but I don't know which was installed first: Visio or the Viewer. But the problem appears also on pcs without Visio Pro. Currently we have no other option than to advise our user...

Insert with a where condition

Text wrap does not expand row height automatically.
Cell/row height only shows one line, even if the automatic row is chosen. What seems to be the problem? Help. Frank - Make sure the cells that should cause expanded heights are formated to wrap. -- Daryl S "Frank R" wrote: > Cell/row height only shows one line, even if the automatic row is chosen. > What seems to be the problem? Help. You must set Wrap Text and Row Autofit. BUT.........if you have any merged cells they will not respond to row autofit. Either get rid of them or you will need VBA code to deal with them. See google search thread f...

Max number of consectutive blanks in a range
I have this formula in column G =IF(SUMIF(Montana!$A$3:$A$700,C3,Montana!$N$3:$N$700)>0,SUMIF(Montana!$A$3:$A$700,C3,Montana!$N$3:$N$700),"") In Column H, I like to count the maximum number of consecutive blanks in that entire range. Meaning, there may 5 consective blanks, then 3, then 18, then 7. I'd like 18 to be returned. Thanks, Steve In H1 enter1 In H2 enter: =IF(G2="",H1+1,0) and copy down In another cell the answer is: =MAX(H:H) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Steve" wrote: > I have this formula in col...

Insert

how to insert data in a table

Select alternate rows to copy
I would like to select alternate rows within a range on a worksheet to copy to another sheet. Any ideas on how to do this? -- Christina Christina Use a spare column (I used B but any will do), enter this formula and copy down to the full extent of your data. You will get alternating TRUE, FALSE =MOD(ROW(A2),2)=0 Now invoke an autofilter (Data>Filter>Autofilter) and filter on which one you want. Copy that data and pate to another sheet. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Christina" <Christina@disc...