Inner Borders in Excel 2007

Before in pre-Excel 2007 world, I used to be able to select a range of
cells, click on a button to get vertical or horizontal boarders for
the range selected.  In Excel 2007 I can only apply outer boarders.

Was this feature removed?  I now have go to "format cells", then
select the "borders" tab to do the same.  Where did the buttons for
inner vertical/horizontal boarders go?

Thanks.
0
louishong
2/10/2010 2:17:45 AM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

louishong  -

Home ribbon > (Font group) drop down between Underline and Fill Color

-  Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

<louishong@lycos.com> wrote in message
Before in pre-Excel 2007 world, I used to be able to select a range of
cells, click on a button to get vertical or horizontal boarders for
the range selected.  In Excel 2007 I can only apply outer boarders.

Was this feature removed?  I now have go to "format cells", then
select the "borders" tab to do the same.  Where did the buttons for
inner vertical/horizontal boarders go?

Thanks.

0
Mike
2/10/2010 3:17:17 AM
On Feb 9, 9:17=A0pm, "Mike Middleton" <M...@MikeMiddleton.com> wrote:
> louishong =A0-
>
> Home ribbon > (Font group) drop down between Underline and Fill Color
>
> - =A0Mikehttp://www.MikeMiddleton.com
>
> <louish...@lycos.com> wrote in message

> Before in pre-Excel 2007 world, I used to be able to select a range of
> cells, click on a button to get vertical or horizontal boarders for
> the range selected. =A0In Excel 2007 I can only apply outer boarders.
>
> Was this feature removed? =A0I now have go to "format cells", then
> select the "borders" tab to do the same. =A0Where did the buttons for
> inner vertical/horizontal boarders go?
>
> Thanks.

Or just select your range and right click.  A box will come up with
the same option as going to home, font group etc. Go down to the
bottom where it says more borders
0
Suzanne

Excel and MRP. Scheduling...
Hi everyone. Does anyone here uses Excel sheets to calculate MRP, Scheduling, and s on? Need to exchange some ideas... Cyas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com .. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Copying Border Formatting
Hi folks, I have a large spreadsheet which is essentially a diary. I want to format the days and weeks, with thin and thick borders to distinguish between them. The spreadsheet already has lots of varied fill formatting for meetings that are held. I can't see a way of either format painting, or paste special-ing, just borders. Is it possible? Thanks -- StainlessSteelRat http://www.stainlesssteelrat.net Stanley: It's not gonna end like this. Gabriel: Oh, come on, Stan. Not everything ends the way you think it should. Besides, audiences love happy endings. True enough that...

Cell formating in Excel?
Is there a way to have a scroll bar in a single cell? No. -- Best Regards, Luke M "pmarina" <pmarina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D25B665-B7B8-477D-AAF8-80A347FFA0DD@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have a scroll bar in a single cell? ...

Inserting Columns in Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I select a column or columns to enabalize inserting additional columns, nothing happens. I can't get columns to insert in either the page layout view or the normal view. Why is something so simple not working? All I get is a little paintbrush icon that wants me to decide if I want the formatting of the adjacent column or not. Please help, it can't be that hard! No offense, but my guess is that you're misinterpreting the feature & perhaps using it on a blank sheet. The command does not increase...

Naming columns in Excel
I am trying to set up a database in Excel. I need to change the columns (A, B, C,...etc) to name, date, ssn, etc. I am having trouble and dont know how to do it. PLEASE HELP! I want to be able to have each column name to reflect the information that will be put in that respective column. Thank you for your help Hi you can't change the column headers. The best you could do is use the first row as heading row "Peggy" wrote: > I am trying to set up a database in Excel. I need to change the columns (A, > B, C,...etc) to name, date, ssn, etc. I am having troubl...

Excel function names in different languages
Hi all, One of the most annoying "features" in excel has been that excel only recognizes the function names in the language the excel is for. I myself have Finnish (language from Finland) excel at home and English excel at work. Now you can believe the mess I'm in when I have used excel at work whole day using english functions and start to use excel at home. That's just not very convinient. Is there any way to enable i.e. Finnish excel to understand standard english functions? Is there even a reference list out there where I could check what any given english function nam...

Excel 2007 Crashing Problem #3
My company has been riddled with Excel 2007 crashing since we started migrating to the 07 suite. Two users who prominently use Excel for their job tasks have seen many issues mainly when converting .xls documents to .xlsx. The common theme i have seen here has been file size and weather or not the file contains links. Both users also work heavily with graphs. My question is, has there been reported problems with converting large excel files to the new format? Or has there been a graphing problem? ...

Outlook excel
When I double click an Excel file in Outlook, I get the message "The system cannot find the file specified". However, for Work, PDF or other files, they work just fine. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? jdwms@usa.net have you got Excel installed? "joey williams" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008b01c3aa04$c92174f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I double click an Excel file in Outlook, I get the > message "The system cannot find the file specified". > However, for Work, PDF or other files, they work just > ...

Formula Excel
Wondering if someone would be able to help me with this: A B C Year Year Service 01-Sep-89 30-Jun-10 = 21 Years Teachers From September 1, 1989 to June 30, 1990 = 1 Year of Service. I know it only 10 months, but that is their year. Is there a formula that could caculate the number of years from September 1, 1989 to June 30, 2010. -- Newfie The general formula for years between dates is =Year(latest date) - Year(earlier date) and 2010-1989 = 21 years. So that might work for most cases? A complication arises if they begin, but do...

How do I doanload Excel 97?
I'm taking a accounting class on line and our teacher say we can download free templates. I can download the templates but I can't edit or do the work to email to my teacher. Every time I go to open and edit it tells me that microsoft excel is not downloaded correctly. Help me please because I have to turn my work in. Hi you need to actually purchase excel 97 - templates are just predesigned workbooks. However, having said that, the latest version of Excel is 2003 (so there's excel 2000 & 2002 between 97 & 2003). The latest version can be purchased from just a...

making the header larger in Outlook 2007
I am a new Outlook 07 user. Is there a way to increase the size of the To; From: Subject line when composing or reading an email? LindaH wrote: > I am a new Outlook 07 user. Is there a way to increase the size of the To; > From: Subject line when composing or reading an email? They get as wide as you make the window. To increase the font size? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlookti...

Excel 2003 to Excel 2007 graphs
I have a bunch of Excel 2003 graphs that are now being updated with new data. In the course of this, we are also saving as Excel 2007 macro-enabled files (.xlsm). Any time the file is saved it has a message re: invalid name or range and says it will change the name to "_CHARTA_xxyy" for example. You are prompted to say "okay" or "okay to all". If I follow it through, there are about 82 instances of this, so I figure it has to do with components of the graphs on the 2 worksheets. There are a total of 4 graphs. Any quick solutions to this compatibility ...

format text in excel
How do i format a text cell in Excel, for example: 1122AA to 11-22-AA Assuming that the text 1122AA is in cell A1 - =LEFT(A1,2)&"-"&MID(A1,3,2)&"-"&RIGHT(A1,2) Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "JFlorindo" <JFlorindo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0E13D27-EB18-4FC5-B705-3E1D12072C87@microsoft.com... > How do i format a text cell in Excel, for example: 1122AA to 11-22-AA if the length is fixed, and your text is in cell A1, then use: =LEFT(A1,2)&"-"&MID(A1,3,2)&"-"&RIGH...

Excel XP Bottom Double Border Problem
I had previously corresponded with Debra on this subject, and have followed the suggestions on creating a macro for the button. It works while excel is open; but when I close and re-open excel it does not work. I have to re-assign the macro to the button. What have I done wrong? Is there a solution to this? A couple of observations: 1) A few of the steps described in Dave Peterson's suggestion can be skipped: select tools > customize; right click on Bottom Double Border button (if it is already on toolbar - if not then go to format & drag the button to the toolbar); then assign mac...

Select Inner.* from nested(outer)-nested(inner) query
Hi, Is it possible to "SELECT *" just the fields of a sub-nested query (i.e., I don't want * of a nested query, but of a nested-nested query)? For example (SELECT Inner.*): ---------------------------- SELECT Inner.* FROM ( SELECT Inner.* , ROW_NUMBER() OVER ( ORDER BY x ) AS ROW FROM ( SELECT x FROM y ) AS Inner WHERE ROW BETWEEN @Start AND @End ) AS Outer ---------------------------- So I want the result to be everything from the sub-nested query (and not the extra fields added in the nes...

Formatting Excel
I have a table in excel, all of the information in this table is linked to AutoCAD. I have added an example below: Example 1 NO. NAME BOTTOM BOTTOM TOP TOP MAT FIN MAT FIN 101 CORRIDOR PLASTIC SMOOTH RUBBER SMOOTH 102 CORRIDOR PLASTIC SMOOTH RUBBER SMOOTH I am trying to get Example 1 to look like Example 2 without having to re-enter everything. It is the same info. but a different layout. I tried a Pivot Table but was not successful. Does anyone have any ideas? Example 2 NO. NAME BOTTOM TOP 10...

Error opening Excel File
Hi, I'm currently having these days an error while opening an excel sheet. The sheet is shared among five users. When one tries to open it, a message indicates that the file is locked for editing by another user and after checking with the user, I understand that he has already closed the file but the latter remains locked. Can someone help? ...

Excel Save button
Version: Excel 2002 (10.4524.4219) SP-2. We recently moved and updated links from about 14,000 excel files from a Novell Netware environment to a Microsoft Networking environment on a Win2k server. We had to do some "linking" issues on several thousands and the files seem to be working fine. The issue that we are experiencing are files on the network that you open up on the client machine, make even a few characters on a cell, and try to SAVE it, when a SAVE window dialog box comes up and asks if you want to save it as, "SAVE AS" or "Overwrite." It give...

show month number as month name in Excel?
I'm trying to format a field in an Excel Spreadsheet in such a way that it displays a month name rather than a month number. For Example, if a cell contains 8, I want the cell to show as August. Conditional formatting only allows me 3 levels of condtions and isn't therefore suitable. I don't think you're gonna be able to use formatting for this. But you could use a helper cell: =date(2005,a1,1) if A1 contained the month number. Format this cell as MMMM and you can keep the value as a real date. or =text(date(2005,a1,1),"MMMM") If you want the text string fo...

signing VBA Macros for Excel
Hi, Below is a question from one of my friend. would be great if someone can answer this "We have a requirement to sign VBA macros in Excel sheet, will only self-signed certificates work or any certificate installed in root certificates folder can be used, if yes how to install the server certificate to use in Excel VBA" -- Thanks, C.Prashanth C.Prashanth - http://vbadud.blogspot.com/2008/04/creating-digital-signature-for-vba.html - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "C.Prashanth [MSFT]" <prashcha@online.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

policy border
What is a policy border? I am using a long document that was created by another user, and am adding text. I noted under the formating that policy border is selected but I cannot tell what that is. Thanks, Carol Probably a Style created by the other user/creator of the template upon which the document is based. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "CIW" <CIW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F2403E1-4189-4C2D-8DEB-68589AF...

When I add a row to excel how can I stop formulae changing
I've done this before, but can't remember how. I want to add a row at the top of a sheet, but without formulae with a range eg =sum(a1:a5) changing to =sum(a2:a6). $ isn't the answer =SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A5")) HTH Kostis Vezerides "vezerid" wrote: > =SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A5")) > > HTH > Kostis Vezerides > Thanks for that. How about if I after inserting a row A1:A5 changes to A1:A6 TIA Dave ...

If statement in excel
Folks- I need your help in preparing an evaluation sheet... A B 1 Total 75 2 Completed task A Yes 3 Completed task B Yes 4 Completed task C Yes 5 Total score based on task X Given above is an example of how the sheet looks consider A as the row and the numbers in the side as coloumn. B1 has the value of the total score by measuring some other tasks. But B5 will contain the actual score of an individual after measuring the 3 main task mentioned...

Marquee in excel?
Has anyone ever heard of a marquee in an excel work sheet? I'm wanting to put one in but cant seem to be able to. I've been using Office 2003 in the past and just upgraded to 2007 but cant seem to find any way of doing it. Cheers Stewart Hi, The following link would be relevant http://safari.oreilly.com/9780735623040/ch03lev1sec2#snippet "Stewart2003" <Stewart2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA7C6226-E911-4398-911D-67612DF88129@microsoft.com... > Has anyone ever heard of a marquee in an excel work sheet? > I'm wanting to put one in bu...

Excel Changing hyperlink
where is puts the ../../../../ instead of the network location. I searched and found some good information, just wondering if there is a way to get the ones that have already been changed by excel, to be changed back to there original location, without having to do everything manually. ...