indicate identity between two fields

Probably a simple one for you Excel wizzards.
Could someone explain me how I can, in an Excel, sheet automatically
indicate whether two values (actually letters A, B, C,D) are identical or
not? So I have column X with a long list of A's B's C's and D's (one per
field) and column Y with a similar but different list and I would like to
see where the diffrences are on the same row  either by a symbol given in
column Z or for instance by a color assigned to the different or similar
values.
Thanks in advance.

0
wvc (14)
6/13/2006 8:54:47 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=X1=Y1

will return TRUE if they are the same and FALSE if different - this
goes in row 1, drag down the column to autofill

<aidan.heritage@virgin.net> wrote in message
> =X1=Y1
>
> will return TRUE if they are the same and FALSE if different - this
> goes in row 1, drag down the column to autofill
>
> W van Cothen wrote:
>> Probably a simple one for you Excel wizzards.
>> Could someone explain me how I can, in an Excel, sheet automatically
>> indicate whether two values (actually letters A, B, C,D) are identical or
>> not? So I have column X with a long list of A's B's C's and D's (one per
>> field) and column Y with a similar but different list and I would like to
>> see where the diffrences are on the same row  either by a symbol given in
>> column Z or for instance by a color assigned to the different or similar
>> values.
That helps a lot, thank you very much.

0
wvc (14)

Different Styles for Multiple Indices
Hi, I have a rather large document in which I'm creating two indices: one for acronyms {\f "a"} and the other for definitions {\f "d"}. I'm using the \t switch to contain either the acronym description or the word/phrase definition, since I don't really want page numbers to show. The problem however, lies in when I try to apply different Index styles to my {INDEX} field. For the {INDEX \f "a"} acronym index, I've chosen an indented index type so that the acronyms & associated descriptions appear in a columnar fashion; I&#...

Is there a way create a identity for Windows Mail
Hello, I am working in earhlink. I want to whether there is way to create a identity in Windows mail. Thank you. ...

configure two leased lines
Hi All, Can anybody give me detail idea that...... How to configure two leased lines on a exchange server 2003 as I want to use one line as backup purpose. Your help is highly appreciated Thanks "manoj" <mpande2@rediffmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >Can anybody give me detail idea that...... >How to configure two leased lines on a exchange server 2003 >as I want to use one line as backup purpose. > >Your help is highly appreciated >Thanks You wouldn't do anything in Exchange. For inbound mail you configure your external DNS (or ask the ISP's to...

Windows identity getting confused between users
We are observing some strange behaviour in our web server logs where where the Identity of the currently logged in user seems to be getting swapped with another user. I will describe our set up before explaining further. We are running an asp.net web site (v3.5 of the framework) on 2 Windows 2008 web servers and use forms authentication.They are load balanced using a separate server running Apache 2.2 on Linux (Cent OS 5). The load balancing simply attaches a cookie to a user and directs them to a particular server for each subsequent request. We notice on occasion patterns i...

Application Pool of non-supported identity
Hi, I would like to install CRM 3.0 Prof on W2k3+SP1 + SQL2005+SP1 with Report Server + SharePoint Server 2003 + Project Server 2003. The Environment Diagnostics Wizard say: "The Web site for installing SQL Server Reporting Services {0} uses an Application Pool of non-supported identity. Supported identity is Network Service." But its account is Network Service. The http://localhost/reports and http://localhost/reportserver work fine... Please help me Peter Bump I found a workaround, not so sure that this is the way MS wants it. I created a new Application Pool named Netwo...

open two instances of outlook with seperate profiles
I have a few users who require sending email from two different mailboxes with different senders as in: jbloggs and ITsupport. When they compose the email, they must enter in the 'From' name. Is there any way to automatically set this up so that when they send from the 2nd profile/mailbox, the recipient sees that it came from the 'ITsupport' and same fro the 'jbloggs mail? Or does it always default to a the profile that was used to open Outlook? many thanks! ...

can't rename field in MS Query?
I'm using Microsoft Query to bring in some data. I have the query in SQL so i can do some groupings and count values in one of the fields. My problem is I'm having difficulty renaming a field, so it comes back with no name at all. The SQL line is: SELECT [lots of fields], Count(StudentHistory.Status) AS CountStatus The count comes back properly, but the changed field name (i.e., CountStatus) doesn't appear. The field name is blank. How does this need to be written so the field name comes back as CountStatus? Thanks rachael ...

Price Lists
I think I know what the answer is going to be. Our retail arm sells all products at 100% of list price; the item price lists are set up accordingly. However we'd like to have a price level of cost+0%, which we can use to sell items to certain wholesale divisions of our company. It doesn't look like I can assign two price levels having different price methods to the same item. Am I right? Our list price includes GST and markup, so figuring cost backwards from list will always be a two step process (in case anyone was about to suggest that). Am I missing something? You can set...

Two Computers #2
I currently have Microsoft Money 06 on my desktop and it works great. With my subscription running out for online updates I need to buy a new version. Does anyone know if about using two computers for one file will work? I would like to be able to switch between my desktop and my laptop. Thanks Money works marginally with network stored files. Performance is the big issue here. Money works very, very, poorly if two machines try to access the same file at once. If you move the file from machine to machine that would be fine but tedious. Synchronizing an offline copy would probably work ...

Using a two-dimensional array in Excel 2002 or 2003
I am trying to improve my coding skills in Excel VBA and I just can't seem to find a good, very basic, example of how to use a 2-dimensional array. I've looked in several reference books & browsed VBA Forums but can't find an example I can understand. What I was trying to do was define a 3 x 4 Array that has a data type of Single. My sample data is located in Cells E1:H3. E F G H 1 3.4 8.1 11.6 100.3 2 5.2 7.3 45.2 632.4 3 1.7 9.6 39.7 161.5 I've been trying to use the LBound and UBound functions too, thinkin...

Find and Replace indicator
HI Group Using the Find and Replace command in Access 2007, how do you change the background color that highlight the word when found. Currently, it shows in black. I'd like to change it to Red. Can it be done and if yes, how do you do that? Thank you ...

data exchange between two windows
Hey, I've an application with different windows, which have to exchange data between them. I realized this, with windowsmessages and dynamiy allocated memory. Steps: Allocated memory with malloc() Send adress and size of the memory with a message to next window. ReceiveWindow: Read data from memory, free memory with free(). The Problem: Unter Win2000 it works perfect, but under WinNT4 the program won't run. It crashes after the start. Do you have any advice? Do you know an other way to exchange data between the windows? My system: MS Visual Studio 6, Win2000 and WinNT Th...

Two columns on X-axis
How can I get a 90 degrees text alignment on x-axis from two columns. It's only column B taht rotate. Column A is still horisontel. The serie in column C gives a graf. Select whatever it is you want rotated 90=B0 Press Ctrl + 1 On the Alignment tab, under Orientation, set it to 90=B0 Click OK ...

Combo values from query based on form fields
I am setting the values for a combo box in a form(s) via a query that 'filters' the results with criteria based upon the values of other fields on the form. The combo is a field that is bound. However, this is giving all kinds of problems ranging from Access completely crashing to being asked for the parameter values of those criteria fields when closing the form. I have tried making the combo an unbound field and then setting the value of the bound field to that unbound field after update, but that still leads to the same issues. How can I do this? As example - I have a form w...

Multiple Baseline/Indicators
One of the biggest challenge, which I am facing is to determine what baseline # is set against the task in order to determine the status [RAG]. We are using almost each option in the projects to track the projects [i.e. Baseline entire project or Baseline selected tasks]. If this feature is not available in 2007, can any one know is Microsoft is covering in upcoming version of 2010. -- Regards, Hyder Zaidi This is actually a training issue, as the best practice is to always ensure the most recent baseline is Baseline 0. Initially, you create Baseline 0, then copy it to Bas...

"Switch Identities" in Outlook
Hi, I see plenty of posts stating that one can't "switch identies" in Outlook after running the office program. None of these posts seem to explain how to correctly manage 2 separate profiles (and yes, we need 2 profiles). I can not seem to get the 2nd profile's emails out of profile #1. Suggestions? Thx! Have you checked the Outlook help files for "using profiles?" Once you have read that, post back with anything that you are still unclear about. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsoli...

Spell check indicator off
Is there a way to turn off the wavy red underlines indicating misspelled words? I'm doing medical documentation, and there's red all over the page - very distracting. In Word, I can "Hide Spelling Errors", but I haven't found a way to do this yet in Publisher. Can it be done? Thanks, Bob On the Tools menu, point to Spelling, and then click Hide Spelling Errors. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ab4c01c41e38$0...

New Record Indicator not Indicating (?)
Using Access 2002, I've noticed that on many of my forms, when a new record is being entered, that the record-selector shows the triangle instead of the asterisk. Is that a bug, or am I doing/interpreting something wrong? -- Thanks, croy ...

Business Portal, Req Mgmt
The quantity (amount) field for an item on an requisition cannot exceed 6 digits. Great Plains allows 12 digits. The Requisition should be the same. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow...

a contact file is stuck in the attachment field when reply/sendin
when replying or sending a new message, an outlook contact file automatically keeps appearing in the attachment field?? You would do better asking Outlook questions in an Outlook forum. This one is for Word. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "tomtario"...

identity password
I haven't used Outlook Express in awhile and now when I try to open, I can't since I don't remember the password for my identity. I apparently also had a password for default since I can't open that either. Is there a way to delete the identity or password without knowing the current one? How can I get back in!!!????? -- Thanks for your assistance! Karen Karen wrote: > I haven't used Outlook Express in awhile and now when I try to open, > I can't since I don't remember the password for my identity. I > apparently also had a password for default s...

User is two
Hi, In Exchange 2k3 SP2, a user send me email internally. When I reply, I get a postmaster report that the address does not exist in the organization. When composing a new message, and when writing the first few letter of that user account name, two identical address appear. I can send to one but receive from the other, to which I can not send. How to fix this creepy situation? Thanks Yba On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:59:02 -0700, yba02 <yba02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >In Exchange 2k3 SP2, a user send me email internally. When I reply, I get a >postmaster repor...

two personal file folders on OL2003 ?
I migrated from my desktop (OL2000) to a new laptop (OL2003) and have a problem. In 2003 I have two personal file folders...it appears one is for 97-2002 OL version and the other for 2003 ? I have only one pst file on the laptop. Also...both folders seem to be identical ? However...the little icon is different Where did the 2003 folder setup come from...and can I delete one or the other. When I have tried...it says you cannot delete the main mail folder ? Thanks, Tim TimR, you wrote on Thu, 2 Feb 2006 08:45:10 -0700: > I migrated from my desktop (OL2000) to a new laptop (OL2003)...

Outlook 2002 identity crisis!
[This followup was posted to microsoft.public.outlook and a copy was sent to the cited author.] I have an installation of Outlook XP/2002 that was an upgrade from a previous Outlook 2000 installation. It is configured with 2 e-mail accounts: one using Exchange 2000 and one using SBC POP e-mail. The SBC account is that default e-mail account. When e-mail is sent from Outlook it uses the e-mail address from the Exchange account as the FROM: e-mail address. How can I get it to use the (correct) e-mail address from the (default) SBC e-mail account as the FROM: e-mail address? ...

Two Personal Folders #2
Hi, I am using Outlook XP. I don't know why but in the Folder List column there are two instances of Outlook today. They both point to the same Personal folder.pst. How do I get rid of one of them? Thanks, vnh Right-click one of them and select close. "VNH" <vnh84@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G80yc.82767$%34.10426@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com... > Hi, > > I am using Outlook XP. I don't know why but in the Folder List column there > are two instances of Outlook today. They both point to the same Personal > folder.pst. How do I get rid of on...