Index Match Functions

Has anyone ever combined the Index and Match functions to do lookups?

0
aburnett (1)
6/24/2004 3:09:37 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Trouble matching overdue payments
This seems to be a constant problem that I would like to find a fix for. Money (2005 s.b.) somehow doesn't match payments from my credit card to reoccurring bills. It then shows that I have an overdue bill even though I paid it. Is there some way to match the overdue bill to a payment I already made? It seems like my only options are "skip occurrence" (which I always do) or "enter into register". Both options suck. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks. ...

To index or not to index
I have a table of stuff stored in a repository and an attached table of inventory dates, linked one-to-many by an Autonumber ID field. I regularly need to find the oldest or newest inventory dates (or all, in order by date) for each item record in the inventory table, which is normally an automatic case for indexing. But this stuff is not inventoried very often, so far, only two out of over 80,000 records have three records in the inventory table, all others have zero, one or two inventory records. This is NOT going to change. It will likely be decades before there are as many as...

Function in query or recordsets and arrays?
Hi I have to use the results of a query as the basis for a number of calculations to produce a summary table. I can do this by feeding the data into variables from an array based on the recordset (or directly) and then use append to place the results into the output table. I was wondering if I should perhaps make a function that is called from within a query instead but having never done this I'm not sure. Purpose: Calculate weekly wage information from Jobdata Process as follows: Grouped select query returns all records for specific week ordered by employee with sum of hours for ...

INDEX/MATCH help
I just learned about the INDEX/MATCH function while searching some of the Excel tip pages - and I think I can make good use of it. What I want to do is this: worksheet 1 - is the format of our Income Statement worksheet 2 (titled TB) is our Trial Balance. I want worksheet 1 to read TB (worksheet 2) and pick up the YTD amount for each account #. I tested this out and my formula is working fine. However, sometimes an account # on worksheet 1 doesn't appear on Worksheet 2 because there wasn't any activity. In this case I get a $N/A. I need to edit my formula so that if there ...

IF and LOOKUP functions
I have one spreadsheets with two tabs - one is called full and one is called partial. What I would like to do is is pull information from full sheet to partial, i.e. if in the full sheet there are six lines with the number 1234 in cell A and 6 lines of numbers in cell B, I would like to get them over to cell B on one line in the partial sheet that has 1234 in cell A. I hope I've made sense. thanks much! JBennett >.. there are six lines with the number 1234 in cell A .. Do you mean six rows with the number 1234 in column A? >.. would like to get them over to cell B on one...

Paste option does not appear to be functioning correctly?
I have two different versions of Office 2007 that are installed on different laptops. In the last week or so, I have noticed (as has one of my co-workers!) alot of problems with getting the Cut/Paste or Copy/Paste to work. The text will be cut from the documents but nothing pastes in and I have to undo. Also, when trying to open .docx files, Office keeps going into setup. I uninstalled, reinstalled and updated both versions to no avail. I don't know if this came over in a prior update. I am wasting so much time re-typing information I am never going to meet my deadline...any ...

Create Clustered index or Covering Index
Which would be better on a 3 column temporary table? A Clustered index or a Covering Index? In this case the uniqueidentifier is always the same and is done this way because there are about 20 procedures that already use this as a static table and I don't want to impace all the procedures with this change. CREATE TABLE #temp (a uniqueidentifier, PID int,CID int) CREATE CLUSTERED INDEX idx on #temp (CID) or CREATE TABLE #temp (a uniqueidentifier, PID int,CID int) CREATE INDEX idx on #temp (CID) INCLUDE (PID,a) Thanks, Tom Tom, Better for what? It depends....

Indexes in tables.
Hi, Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not? Any other ways? Thanks, Vitali I believe any future upgrade will blow away your index. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Vitali V" wrote: > Hi, > > Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index > for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not? > Any other ways? > > Thanks, > > Vitali > > > Suggest you leave the tables alone. You'll just get into a pickle.. "Char...

Regarding Table_Compare function
Hey The below code doesn't give expected result. l_Return = Table_Compare(table tablecmp); if l_Return <> STATUS_SUCCESS then fResult=Table_SetCreateMode(true) ; fResult=Table_DisableErrorChecks(false); {temp storage of data and delete table} release table tableComp ; close table tableComp ; open table tableComp ; close table tableComp ; {restore data and delete temp table} fResult=Table_SetCreateMode(false) ; fResult=Table_DisableErrorChecks(true); end if; The above Table_Compare function doesn't capture if any index/key changes....

Match & Index??
I have the following info in different workbooks. In workbook 1, I have in Columns A,B,C,D: Mark & No. Start End Deal SLGG1234 3/15/2004 6/15/2004 211 SLGG1234 1/1/2004 3/14/2004 111 SLGG1234 6/16/2004 8/15/2004 311 SLGG1255 2/13/2004 8/15/2004 411 In workbook 2, I have Columns A,B, C: Mark & No. Date Deal SLGG1234 3/14/2004 SLGG1234 6/14/2004 In Column C of workbook 2, I want a formula to look at Cols A and B. Compare the info in them to Cols A,B and C in workboo...

text and picture colour matching
Hi there I am producing a document which has a picture and text. I am trying to make them the same colour. I set the text and the picture to the same rgb colour numbers 255 (i.e. royal blue). They look the same on the screen and yet when they print out the picture and the text are very different shades of blue. It's an issue I've had before in pub 2003 but didn't in pub 2000 on the same printer! Any suggestiions greatfully received. Thanks Ken Are you running the most current printer driver? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Ken" <anonymous@discussio...

subtotal, match?
Morning all. I need to do a name check to match with a subtotal function. Is that possible? I was thinking that subtotal(Func_Num,match(....)) might handle it, but I don't see anything that'd allow for that in the list of function numbers for subtotal. My goal is to perform a subtotal type operation, to compare names in a field range from one worksheet to another. I'm already performing a subtotal operation on one field, and wanted to do an if test on the names that show up with each operation. With the false response, I'll then be changing the name eleme...

Functions newsgroup
What happened to the Functions newsgroup? Its gone. Is this the start of the demise of the Microsoft newsgroups? Where would I go to find the forums they talked about in a recent posting? Thanks for your time. Otto http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories see also http://www.rondebruin.nl/nntpbridge.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Otto Moehrbach" <moehrbachoextra@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:eKFSeCaBLHA.5584@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > What happened to the Functions newsgroup? Its gone. ...

Excell XP
We are working in Excell XP. The HOME key works as follows: HOME (alone) puts the cursor in cell A1 CTRL+HOME puts the cursor in the first cell of the current row These keys are working just the opposite as they did in a previous version. I was wondering if there is anyway to change the way the HOME key functions? Thank you. Abby "Transition Navigation Keys" may have been turned on under Tools, Options, Transition. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Jim- The "Transition Navigation Keys" are already turned ON. But when I turn them OFF, we get the keys to operate the wa...

Time Function
=IF(II22<TIME(7,30,),I22-TIME(7,30,),"") Hi there, in I22 the time is 07:38. I would expect the above function to return a blank cell. Instead it returns 00:08. Why? many thanks, Danny I tried various stuff, 7.38, 7:38 as text, and couldn't get anything other than blank. -- HTH Bob Phillips "DannyJ" <youhavegottobekidding@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ujNy75xiFHA.3336@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > =IF(II22<TIME(7,30,),I22-TIME(7,30,),"") > > Hi there, > > in I22 the time is 07:38. I would expect the above function to ...

Why do my data labels do not match source data?
I have created a chart but my data labels do not match the source data. The labels state, Series 1, Series 2, etc. Hi, If the labels read series 1, series 2 etc it would suggest that you have not specified a range in which to pick up the series name from. Right click the chart and pick Source Data... On the Series tab check the Name control contents. Cheers Andy KeithRD48 wrote: > I have created a chart but my data labels do not match the source data. The > labels state, Series 1, Series 2, etc. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Under HELP, where is the INDEX
In Word 2003, is the INDEX completely gone? I always used it to search topics and definitions of terms. Hi MS decided to change the help system :-( So the Index feature is gone. Maybe you have your old Office CDs still available and can copy the old help files -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Perotin" <Perotin@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:34B1A278-5835-48DD-9A74-1E0E78441485@microsoft.com... > In Word 2003, is the INDEX completely gone? I always used it to search topics > and definitions of terms. ...

Hi guys, I have a web site I developed in Publisher Windows 98. We now have a new version. When I work on it and then publish to the web, it does not create a index page, infact it does not see page 1 ! I inserted a blank page as new number 1 and then it made page 2 as the index page ! Appears to work but what am I missing. Also where I have photos and a frame around them, it makes two files/copies of each photo to be sent to web site. Like 505 and 5051. In 5051 the photo is of pour quality but 505 is fine. Have not sent over yet as it appears I have to remove the existing index...

Index of using XPATH?

Performance of XPathNavigator.Matches()

If Function
I have a basic If Function, (see below) Is there anyway I can add a 'and' command? So it could read: =IF(B3=B16 and B16 does not equal to 0,1,0) how can I add 'and B16 does not equal to 0'? =IF(B3=B16,1,0) Aaron Aaron, Try: =IF(AND(B3=B16,B16<>0),1,0) -- HTH Sandy sandymann@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk "aronnov" <arussell@faultlesscaster.com> wrote in message news:OeAWrN5wFHA.2724@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I have a basic If Function, (see below) Is there anyway I can add a 'and' >command? So it cou...

Start_Incremental Full Text indexing job on CRM 4.0 server
We have just completed upgrading to CRM 4.0 in production. We upgraded from CRM 3.0 to 4.0. I noticed that there is a job on the SQL server titled "Start_Incremental on <OrganizationName>.ftcat_documentindex.[7.5]" Th job runs every 15 minutes and fails. I have been able to find information on 1.2 and 3.0 installations, but not 4.0. Is this job even needed in 4.0? We are on SQL 2005 so the index should run every 15 minutes anyway?? I have been able to find the catalog and noticed that the name is not ftcat_documentindex as specified in the job's step1. I was able to g...

Contact Index button
We have some problems displaying the Chinese Contact name in the contact list. Any one can help? ...

Help with INDEX/MATCH
I'm trying to make a top 10 but I'm having problems with non unique values. Raw data : Pink 1 Blue 5 Yellow 3 White 6 Purple 4 Brown 2 Red 15 Orange 48 Black 18 Green 20 Beige 22 Violet 56 Gold 12 To get my top 10 I use this, which works fine. =LARGE(totals,1) - through to 10 I then use this to match the text title to the value. =INDEX($B$5:$C$17,MATCH(B23,$C$5:$C$17,0),1) Result : 1st 56 Violet 2nd 48 Orange 3rd 22 Beige 4th 20 Green This all works fine as long as the values are unique, however if I change Gold to 56 I get the following result 1st 56 Violet 2nd 56 Violet 3rd...

copy data for match word from one file to another file
I need help to merge two files. Any help or macro will be highly appreciated. I have two files. file A and file B. Need to update FILE A from File B. Each file has hundred of rows and about 50 column. If any word or phrase under column "Part" file A matches with any word under column "Part" file b, then copy all the data of matching COLUMN "PART" and corresponding column "NAME" from file B to matching COLUMN "PART" AND corresponding column "NAME" FILE A. See example File A NAME ...