Increasing the number of files as recent files

Hello

When I open file menu, I get the last 4 files I have previously openned.
Is there a way to increase the number of recent files I have openned
before?

Thanks in advance.

Hamed...

0
hamedarab (2)
8/7/2003 1:05:59 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Hamed,
You can go up to  9 entries in Excel 2000.
Tools, Options, General,  [x] recently used files list:   -- 9 -- entries.
---
HTH,

"Hamed" <hamedarab@hotmail.com> wrote ...
> When I open file menu, I get the last 4 files I have previously opened.
> Is there a way to increase the number of recent files I have opened
> before?    [spelling corrected]

0
dmcritchie (2586)
8/7/2003 1:20:02 PM
Hamed wrote:
> When I open file menu, I get the last 4 files I have previously
> openned. Is there a way to increase the number of recent files I have
> openned before?

On the menu, click Tools | Options | General tab.  Crank up the "Recently
used file list" to the max of 9.  I wish that number could go larger than
9...

Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

0
dvt (216)
8/7/2003 1:21:03 PM
Dave, David

Thanks for help

0
hamedarab (2)

This file cannot be previewed because of an error
When I go to open a file in Word 2007, I cannot preview any Word document in the preview pane. The error is: "This file cannot be previewed because of an error in the Microsoft Office Word previewer". This function will work if I start Word with the /a switch (winword /a). I ran diagnostics and all was fine. This is a clean install on Windows 7 and Office 2007. I am seeing some issues out there but no definite fixes. I have only a PDF as an add-in and disabling it does no good. Microsoft...what's the deal?? David It's broken in Word 2007 and has never been...

Creating ID with numbers and text
Hi guys, I'm pretty new to Access but I need some help. I need to create an ID number using first 3 letters of a name followed by 3 numbers that create a unique ID. Is there a way of doing this in the expression builder? Many thanks, I don't think so. You would have to use some VBA. In a case like this, it would be better to use two fields; one for the letters and another for the numbers. You can create an index on the two fields. To get the next available number where the 3 letters are the same, you can do something like this: Private Function NextIdNumber() As Long N...

Increase size of pie chart within control?
Is there a way to increase the size of a pie chart within its control? I have a limited amount of space in which to display the chart, so the overall size of the control is restricted. But within it there's quite a lot of "wasted" white space and I would like to make the pie itself larger and more legible. Can do, or not? Many thanks CW In design mode, double-click on the chart within the control to select it for editing. Then use the sizing handles to resize the chart area to the size of the control; this does not have to be square. Click on the plot area to select it ...

How do i change from a .pub file to a .doc file
Hi , I am new to Office publisher 2007. I have sent an attachment in an e-mail as a .pub, but they cannot open it. How can I change the format in which these documents are saved? Please note, I am not a technology buff. Plain english please. You can send as a PDF. Most folks have the Reader. If you don't care about losing format, you can save as a Word document. Expand the *Files of Type* when you are ready to save your publication. There is an add-in that you can download for Office 2007 Download details 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS https://www.mi...

changing page numbers
I cannot find out how to change my page numbers in a Publisher document in 2002 version. It doesn't come up with Options. Anyone know? Go to menu Insert then Section -- ...

How can I copy pages between two Publisher files?
I have a fairly large Publisher file (200+) pages. As this document is being developed I want to send new/edited pages to others for proofing. I cancopy the file then delete everything I don't want to send, but that is pretty tedious. Also, I would like to insert/replace pages from the proofreaders into mymain document without having to move an object at a time. TIA cvholme <cvholme@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have a fairly large Publisher file (200+) pages. As this document > is being developed I want to send new/edited pages to o...

renaming files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel in word I could rename a file from the open menu so long as the file was not launched. what is the most efficient way to rename a file in word for mac? mtevans14@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel in word I could rename a file from the open menu so long as the > file was not launched. what is the most efficient way to rename a file > in word for mac? Hi, Windows OS lets you change names in File Open dialog boxes. MacO...

Automatic update of invoice numbers
I've created an invoice and would like the invoice number to update automatically each tie I open it just like I've done with the date. Any ideas? D Diamond, A simple way would be to use something like this, Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = _ Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1 End Sub For other ways to do this or if this is going to be used in a temple have a look here http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please p...

Numbers are changed in Excel?
I created a spread sheet of some stuff. I entered some serial and account numbers. For some reason that everyone but me probably knows the numbers are changed by Excel by inserting a ., a + sign, etc. hat are not as I typed. What's going on here? Thanks. I would say it's some formatting (either default or pre-existing) in those cells. Try giving all those cells the "Text" format. Then Excel won't add decimal places or signs. I -think- Excel won't let you do math with those values (unless you convert them first), but you probably don't need to add or subtra...

Password Protect Project Files
Is it possible to password protect local .mpp files in Project '07? I know this functionality is possible in other MS Office applications, but I cannot find that option in Project Pro '07. Does anyone know if it is included in Project 2010? Check File > Save As > Tools > General Options This won't work if you save to the server, but only for local .mpp files. I presume it's the same in 2010. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Is it possible to password protect local .mpp files in Project '07? I > know this ...

Numbering Tickets
How do I number tickets in sequence using excel. Chuck That would all depend upon how your ticket data is laid out and you give very little detail. I do up a lot of numbered tickets for a couple of associations I belong to. I set up my data in Excel with a column for numbers then I use Word Mailmerge to print the tickets. Printing labels or tickets from Excel is trial and error. Word does a fine job because it is designed for that type of operation. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:25:01 -0800, "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I ...

File size and server limit
A spreadsheet I am building has reached a painful size of 32MB where am getting calls from IT on a daily basis as the file ties up most o the resources on the server. Anyone has any idea on size limitation and speed? A better question may be, if I were to modify the spreadsheet, what' the minimal amount of MB's I need to reduce to be speed efficien without congesting server? Thanks for any input -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com To continue with earlier post, the function "sum if" is being use throughout the spreadsheet - is this a taxing function in t...

.xps file unable to read due to security setting
I created a Word 2007 & Publisher file and saved it as an .xps file. I emailed it to myself using Outlook Express. I was NOT able to open up the file due to a security setting problem. I have contacted MS support (Word) and Publisher. No one could find an answer. Any suggestions. The error message comes up under IE7. Have you tried to open the file with IE? A download Microsoft XML Paper Specification Essentials Pack http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b8dcffdd-e3a5-44cc-8021-7649fd37ffee&DisplayLang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.c...

File Version Needed
Could someone running Exchange 55 SP4 go to the add-ins container and get the file version of Internet Mail connecter for i386 (I need to put it back). Many Thanks. If you area talking about \exchsrvr\ADD-INS\SMTP\I386\IMCADMIN.DLL my version is 5.5.2653.23 size is 442,128 (442,368 in disk) Last Modify date is 10/19/2000 -- Regards, Hank Arnold "Mike Parker" <a1200.68030@virgin.net> wrote in message news:1fd801c3a903$cfd9cf60$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Could someone running Exchange 55 SP4 go to the add-ins > container and get the file version of Internet Mail > ...

Drivers for percentage increase
I am trying to set up a driver to include in my budget profile so that my managers can select the percentage from a driver and see on each budget line what the outcome will be i.e staff costs may be calculated at 150,000 but if I used my driver to calculate an increase of 3.5% that would change the staff costs to 155,250. Can anyone help? Regards Jo I am not sure what you question is but this may help:- In cell A 2 I have 150,000 In cell B 2 I have 3.5% In cell C 2 I have:- =(A2*B2)+A2 - and this returns 155,250 to cell C 2. If my comments have helped please h...

double click excel file on the desktop excel opens but not file?
double click excel file on the desktop excel opens but not file? Is there a setting to fix this? JPT, Try Tools - Options - General. Deselect "Ignore other applications." -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "JPT4266" <JPT4266@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1936671A-0A40-44C0-BD3B-93F93990DE4B@microsoft.com... > double click excel file on the desktop excel opens but not file? > > Is there a setting to fix this? That worked thank you "Earl Kiosterud" wrote: > JPT, > > Try Tools - Options - General. Deselect &q...

Outlook Data File Not Closing Properly
I always get the following error message when starting Outlook 2002 (running Office XP and Windows XP) : "The data file 'outlook' was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems." I get this message everytime (whether I hibernate or shut down) when I start Outlook. This checking of the file can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes and is very frustrating. Anyone have any idea what the issue is ? This started happening just after I installed XP SP3. ...

to increase quantity
hello everybody, i have a question: i want to use project to calculate the delivery time of a machine component. I know the bill of material and the time of every step (manufacturing, mounting, etc.). I don't have problem to create a gantt for this item: but i have problem when i want to create a gantt for a number greater than one of my item. I think that i have to use a function that increase the duration of each step of the process, but i don't know how. Please help me. thank you -- sentenza ------------------------------------------------------------------------ s...

How do I retrieve a mistakenly deleted WordPerfect file
I mistakenly hit the delete button rather than the minimize button as I was composing a WordPerfect document. Is there any for me to retrieve my work? jolee made a boo boo wrote: > I mistakenly hit the delete button rather than the minimize button as > I was composing a WordPerfect document. Is there any for me to > retrieve my work? ================================ Check your recycle bin. -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunte...

SBS2008
Main site SBS2008, branch site Windows Server 2008 Main site also has Windows Server 2003 servers as does the branch site. Problem, when accessing files from either the SBS2008 server from the branch site, or accessing files from the Windows Server 2003 from the main site over the WAN (10Mb) link some excel spreadsheets take literally minutes to open up. If I copy them to the Windows Server 2003 at either end then open then up across the WAN they open in seconds.!! Was never a problem before the 2008 boxes came along...am I missing a trick regards the 2008 boxes ? Jim....

Help!!! doing a checksum on all the files
All, I am writing a program that will do a checksum on all the files on my computer. I am able to go through all the files but once I add added my checksum function my programs fails aftter about 400 files. I have added my code. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. I welcome all help. Thanks in advance.. // bVerifyView.cpp : implementation of the CbVerifyView class // #include "stdafx.h" #include "bVerify.h" #include "bVerifyDoc.h" #include "bVerifyView.h" #ifdef _DEBUG #define new DEBUG_NEW #endif #define isdir(hFile) (((hFile).dw...

What defines number or text
Hi folks, I have the following �50...it is defined as a number without me doing anything. I have $50 ...it is defined as text without me doing anything. I have 10% sometimes (depending on the pc) it is a number and sometimes text, similarly 10,000. Now I assume that the �50 is recognised as a number because of my windows settings...but the rest? Trying to get the $50 recognised as currency is possible....if I delete the original $50, format the cell as currency, and then re-enter the 50. I would love to know what deifnes the figure as text or number, and how I can move between the two wi...

Number Counting
This is probably something simple, but I can't figure it out. I have columns with two digit numbers (00 thru 99). I want to write a formula that looks at this column and if any number is repeated, total the number of times it's repeated. Thanks so much for the help!! =countif(data-range,comparison-value) "DNA" wrote: > This is probably something simple, but I can't figure it out. > > I have columns with two digit numbers (00 thru 99). I want to write a > formula that looks at this column and if any number is repeated, total the > number of times it&#...

File and Printer sharing does not stick
Running XP Pro SP3 w/all updates on Thinkpad X200 Can anyone think of a reason File and Printer Sharing settings won'tstick? I can check the File and Printer Sharing checkbox on the network properties sheet and everything works fine. However, if I turn the computer off, the next time I turn the computer on the checkbox is unchecked and I can't share files with i over the network until I check the boxes again. I logged on as administrator so that shouldn't be a problem Any ideas would be appreciated. __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versio...

can't load pub file after NAV update
This may be all coincidental...but I can't load a .pub file that I was using today! (publisher 2000 w/ win xp) and the only thing I can think of that I did was upgrade my virus definitions. I have restarted my computer, I have disabled my script blocking I have copied the file to my laptop to try on another computer (also updated NAV) ;*( I have tried to rename to a .txt file to just get the text from it! I have tried to open it with MS Word nothing works.... any thoughts? Thanks Hi rswc90 (randicohen@columbus.rr.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || This may be all coincidental...