increasing arguments

I'm performing a simple addition calculation for material that is neste
within other data, therefore i am unable to simpley sum the entir
column........

Currently its telling me i have too many arguments.........

=SUM(N146,N142,N138,N134,N130,N126,N122,N118,N114,N110,N106,N102,N98,N94,N90,N86,N82,N78,N74,N70,N66,N62,N58,N54,N50,N46,N42,N38,N34,N30,N26,N22)

that is a total of 32 cells notated.......how can i increase th
argument level from 30 to 32 or 33 ?  Your assistance is greatl
appreciated

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Most argument lists are limited to 30 arguments. You could break
them down:

    =SUM(SUM(N146,N142,N138,N134,N130,N126,N122,N118,N114,N110),
SUM(N106,N102,N98,N94,N90,N86,N82,N78,N74,N70,N66,N62,N58),
SUM(N54,N50,N46,N42,N38,N34,N30,N26,N22 ))

or you could use something like:

    =SUMPRODUCT(N22:N146,--(MOD(ROW(N22:N146),4)=2))

In article <kilroy.xsoby@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 kilroy <kilroy.xsoby@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

> I'm performing a simple addition calculation for material that is nested
> within other data, therefore i am unable to simpley sum the entire
> column........
>
> Currently its telling me i have too many arguments.........
>
> =SUM(N146,N142,N138,N134,N130,N126,N122,N118,N114,N110,N106,N102,N98,N94,N90,N
> 86,N82,N78,N74,N70,N66,N62,N58,N54,N50,N46,N42,N38,N34,N30,N26,N22)
>
> that is a total of 32 cells notated.......how can i increase the
> argument level from 30 to 32 or 33 ?  Your assistance is greatly
> appreciated!
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Increase size of pie chart within control?
Is there a way to increase the size of a pie chart within its control? I have a limited amount of space in which to display the chart, so the overall size of the control is restricted. But within it there's quite a lot of "wasted" white space and I would like to make the pie itself larger and more legible. Can do, or not? Many thanks CW In design mode, double-click on the chart within the control to select it for editing. Then use the sizing handles to resize the chart area to the size of the control; this does not have to be square. Click on the plot area to select it ...

Drivers for percentage increase
I am trying to set up a driver to include in my budget profile so that my managers can select the percentage from a driver and see on each budget line what the outcome will be i.e staff costs may be calculated at 150,000 but if I used my driver to calculate an increase of 3.5% that would change the staff costs to 155,250. Can anyone help? Regards Jo I am not sure what you question is but this may help:- In cell A 2 I have 150,000 In cell B 2 I have 3.5% In cell C 2 I have:- =(A2*B2)+A2 - and this returns 155,250 to cell C 2. If my comments have helped please h...

how do I set up a formula using number ranges as the arguments
If cell figure is less than 287 use a. if cell figure is between 287.01 & 400 use b if cell figure is over 400.01 use c. where a, b, & c are formula, should I be looking at Lookup table? Hi how about =IF(A1<287,formula_a,IF(A1<=400,formula_b,formula_c)) where formula_a, _b & _c are the three different formulas you want to use. -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Ballykea" <Ballykea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8614CBE3-519D-438C-BC7C-77CA612F2550@microsoft.com... > If c...

to increase quantity
hello everybody, i have a question: i want to use project to calculate the delivery time of a machine component. I know the bill of material and the time of every step (manufacturing, mounting, etc.). I don't have problem to create a gantt for this item: but i have problem when i want to create a gantt for a number greater than one of my item. I think that i have to use a function that increase the duration of each step of the process, but i don't know how. Please help me. thank you -- sentenza ------------------------------------------------------------------------ s...

Date Increase
I currently have a form for entering current passwords for systems. I have a field to enter the date the password was last changed, and another field for the date the password expires, which is every 30 days. Is there anyway i can set the date password expires field to update automatically? The 2nd field is just calculated from the 1st and better left as a calculation in a query rather than a field in a table. There are no triggers at the table level in Access. Dan Wood wrote: >I currently have a form for entering current passwords for systems. I have a >field to enter...

Using a callback function name as an argument in a function
Hi. Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong with this problem in my vc6 mfc sdi project, and tell me how to fix it? I understand the general meaning of the compiler's 2664 error message, but I don't understand what's wrong with my approach and how to fix it. The problem lies with argument 3 of lineInitializeEx() and/or the prototype and definition of lineCallbackFunc(). I used Class wizard to add the member function lineCallbackFunc() to my doc class. The function will be used as a callback function, by using it as the third argument in a call to lineInitializeEx() which I ...

Displaying the arguments of UDF in the spertip
I was searching for a way to have a my custom UDF (may be in an addin) arguments be displayed in the supertip similar to the way like all other usual/normal excel functions show. Also, I want to have my udf listed in the application.worksheetfunction in the VBA editor. Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Like; Application.MacroOptions Macro:="L_VLOOKAllSheets", _ Description:="Performs VLOOKUP across all Worksheets and stops at the 1st match" _ & vbNewLine & "E.G: =L_VLOOKAllSheets(Dog,$C$1:$E$20,2,FALSE)", Category:=&...

can I increase excel column numbers to more than 256?
I am trying to analyse tables including more than 256 variables. I cannot transpose them into rows because the program i am using in association with excel (xlstat) takes the columns as the variables. Is there a way to increase the number of the columns?? or is it a fixed specification of the excel worksheet? thank for any help! Yes, it is fixed - you cannot increase the number of columns. You can, of course, split your data up into chunks of 250 columns - the first block of data on row 1, for example, then the next set starting on another row etc. Pete ...

Run-time Error 5 "Invalid Procedure Call or Argument"
I have been having a recurring problem with this error, which is occurring on several lines of code in serveral databases at work. What is most strange is that the code always runs without error on my computer, but it does on other ones. Now it’s popping up on our brand new laptop for a new database I’ve recently created which again, has been working perfectly on my computer. We have done numerous comparisons between the other computers and mine – same versions of Access, same service pack updates, (2003 SP3) same version of Visual Basic, same Library References, same version ...

Increasing alphabectically
Windows XP and Excel 2003 The first time through the program should read: With Active Sheet .First = Sheets("Rates").Range("B2") .Second = Sheets("Rates").Range("B3:B186") End With The next time through the Ranges should read "C2" and "C3:C186" Then next time "D2" and "D3:D186" and so on until it reaches "X2"and "X3:X186" Can someone suggest a good way to do this. Please. You could use index values rather than th...

Invalid Argument on Conversion from A97 to A2K
I'm trying to convert an A97 Db to A2K that someone else wrote. They used the switchboard add-in to build the menu system and I believe that is where the error is. It won't allow me to convert the data nor will it allow me to import anything into an existing A2K database. I can't find anything like this on MSDN so any help will be appreciated. ...

Increasing Months
Hi Here is a simple question and I cannot find the answer. On a report I have a text box [Text301] and when display I see Fev-07 I would like to add something like 35 other text box so month would increase by 1 What could be the formula for [Text302] to display Mar-07 or Mar 2007. The formula should be issued from [Text301] Then [Text303] related to [Text302], [Text304] related to [Text303], ....... So the day I change [Text301] for let say Apr-08 [Text302] would give me May-08 [Text303} would be Jun-08, etc... I dont realy care with the format; it can be Mar 08 or Mar-08 or Mar-2...

increasing arguments
I'm performing a simple addition calculation for material that is neste within other data, therefore i am unable to simpley sum the entir column........ Currently its telling me i have too many arguments......... =SUM(N146,N142,N138,N134,N130,N126,N122,N118,N114,N110,N106,N102,N98,N94,N90,N86,N82,N78,N74,N70,N66,N62,N58,N54,N50,N46,N42,N38,N34,N30,N26,N22) that is a total of 32 cells notated.......how can i increase th argument level from 30 to 32 or 33 ? Your assistance is greatl appreciated ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.c...

Increasing field size in detail inquiry
I would like to increase the size of one of the fields in the account area of detail inquiry. Right now the W in account number W-123-4567-33-us looks like a V. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. -- Dave Christman System Developer Dave, You might have done this already but maybe not. Did you go to the Account Format Setup window and for your first account segment change the Display Width from "standard" to "Expansion 3"? That should do the trick for you. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no righ...

Using CSocket with CSocketFile Increases memory usage
Hello All, I am using CSocket derived class with CSocketFile. After I run the application for 6 hours the memory increases in Task Manager by 30000K. The messages sent per second is 30.Has anybody seen such a issue. Regards Partha No, but there are so many problems with CSocket and CSocketFile that it is probably a Really Bad Idea to have used them at all, for any purpose. It sounds like you are not successfully closing some resource. But you would be a lot better off getting rid of them entirely. CSocket is known to be buggy, for example. joe On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 17:30:47 -0700 (PDT),...

Increasing font size in replies
What would cause font sizes to increase each time an email is replied to? For example A sends email to B B replys to A and so on. The first email is now a huge font, the reply a little smaller and so on until the current email reached where it is a normal size. An email printed should only take 4-5 pages now takes about 30! RD Does this happen when a message travels over a Notes connector? >-----Original Message----- >What would cause font sizes to increase each time an email is replied to? > > For example A sends email to B B replys to A and so on. The first email is >...

Increase Potential
ACTING FOR THE NON ACTOR WITH AWARD WINNING ACTOR/WRITER/DIRECTOR/TEACHER MICHAEL COLE DINELLI www.gravitywavefilms.com Employ the tools of the Actor to enhance your communication creative skills in business, relationships, and everyday life. Learn the exercises and acting techniques the professionals use for their work in movies and stage. These classes are designed for the non-pro to be informative, great fun, and bring out the best in you weather you are a salesman, attorney, teacher, or just looking for something fun and therapeutic. Conquer your fear of public speaking and ...

countif argument for 3 occurences of which 1 refers to a range
If - anyone can help please I need to count rows based on 3 criteria The first two arguments refer to specific cells but the third refers to a range and it is here where "the solution" is falling down The formula =SUM(IF($I$3:$I$50=N$4,IF($F$3:$F$50=$M24,1,0))) is fine to produce the first 2 true arguments For the third, in isolation =OR(COUNTIF(J3:J50, M5:M12)) produces true Now, simply creating =SUM(AND(IF($I$3:$I$50=N$4,IF($F$3:$F$50=$M24,1,0),IF(OR(J3:J50=(M5:M12)),1,0)))) produces #n/a For arguments 1 and 2 the question is - does it equal cell x or not For argument 3 ...

Percentage increase in excel
Hi, I have a column showing profit over one year and i would like to calculate the percentage increase each month. For example my columns might be as follows. Jan - �3000 Feb - �4500 Mar - �7000 Apr - �9000 etc. So i need to calculate the percentage increase from Jan to Feb and so on. Does anybody know the formula? Thanks -- fibregrid ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fibregrid's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25707 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401911 fibregri...

Increase Max Value of Spinner
The Maximum Value of the "Spinner" form is 30,000. Is there any way to increase it? I'd like to bump the maximum value up into the millions. You can use the spinner button from the control toolbox instead -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes; if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey "Lon" <sobel@entertainmentlawreporter.com> wrote in message news:sdw0g.3416$oQ2.301@trnddc05... > The Maximum Value of the "Spinner"...

Increase Report Options in Report Group Window
Currently under the Reports - Financial - Groups window there are only 32 reports in the Report Options box. We have more than 32 reports set up, we would like to see all of the reports in order to put them into a group. We only need to add 10-15 reports into the group, but we need to see all of the reports we have set up. We would utilize the Group Reporting option more if we were able to see all of our reports. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I A...

Increase of spam
Hello All, For quite a while I have managed to keep a lid on spam where that my peak of spam would be approximately 2 or 3 per day. There would be the rarity that I would receive 5 of them. Part of this is that I ensure to all my friends never to send me those "joke" e-mails where they automatically forward them to everyone that is in their address book into their "To:" box. This position has been for a number of years. You might can say that I am rather "authoritive" about this procedure. Putting all this aside, Microsoft Outlook 2007 has done a great...

Increase in traffic
Hello A friend has exchange 2000 installed on a Windows 2000 server. All of a sudden there is a huge increase in network traffic and 50% of the users could access emails and the other 50% could not. Then after a while the roles were reversed, and the other 50% could access emails and the remaining 50% could not!!! Apparently there is 1GB of memory installed. I wondered if they had been hit with a virus. Last week they had a few problems with exchange as they no one could access emails. Temporarily the Mcafee Groupshield anitvirus had to be disabled to rectify the issues. The queues ha...

Want to Increase Prices by Percent
New to this. Am using Office-Excel 2000. Have entered three columns of prices for company (List, Dealer, Distributor). Prices will increase next month. How do I increase all rows (example C3-C50) by 10 percent? Will need to do this for all three columns. -- ShirleyF one way 1.. In an empty cell, enter the number that you want to multiply by..... 1.10 2.. Select that cell, and on the Edit menu, click Copy. 3.. Select the whole range of numbers that you want to multiply. 4.. On the Edit menu, click Paste Special. 5.. Under Operation, click Multiply. 6.. Click OK. 7.. Delete th...

Is there a way to increase the storage space for Rules?
We have run into a problem with Exchange 2003 where it keeps giving a user a message that "One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange Server and have been deactivated." The user states that if he deletes a rule then checks this rule it works. So it doesn't appear to be a problem with the rule and he wants to increase the storage of the rules for him. How or can we even do that? Thanks, Jeff It is a hard coded limit... "Jeff" <jdiaz@p1fs.com> wrote in message news:bjW4e.31868$Pc.23177@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... > We have run into a proble...