Increase Max Value of Spinner

The Maximum Value of the "Spinner" form is 30,000. Is there any way to
increase it? I'd like to bump the maximum value up into the millions.

0
sobel (18)
4/16/2006 6:41:28 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can use the spinner button from the control toolbox instead

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging."  Lord Healey

"Lon" <sobel@entertainmentlawreporter.com> wrote in message
> The Maximum Value of the "Spinner" form is 30,000. Is there any way to
> increase it? I'd like to bump the maximum value up into the millions.

0
Peo
4/16/2006 7:48:23 PM
Peo,

Ah . . . yes. Now I see that there are two types of spinners.

I was using the spinner from the Forms tool bar, which is easy to "program."
That is, it has its own Format Control dialog box, which makes it easy to
assign its actions to data in a named cell.

I see that the spinner button from the control tool box is "programmed"
through a Properties box. I also see where (in the Properties box) to set
the maximum value and the linked cell. I take it, though, that there's still
more to do. Is this where I have to learn some VBA, or is there some simple
step I'm overlooking, that will get the spinner button from the control box
to work?

Thanks again,

-Lon

The Spinner I have been using is the one I got from the control box.
"Peo Sjoblom" <peo.sjoblom@nw^^excelsolutions.com> wrote in message
> You can use the spinner button from the control toolbox instead
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> Excel 95 - Excel 2007
> Northwest Excel Solutions
> www.nwexcelsolutions.com
> "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes;
> if you are in one stop digging."  Lord Healey
>

> "Lon" <sobel@entertainmentlawreporter.com> wrote in message
>> The Maximum Value of the "Spinner" form is 30,000. Is there any way to
>> increase it? I'd like to bump the maximum value up into the millions.

0
sobel (18)
4/16/2006 10:59:52 PM
It should be that simple.  But make sure you're out of design mode (another
button on that Control toolbox toolbar).

But that's a pretty large number for a spinner.  Have you thought of using a
scrollbar (also from the control toolbox).  It might be easier for the user to
get to the number they want.

Lon wrote:

> Peo,
>
> Ah . . . yes. Now I see that there are two types of spinners.
>
> I was using the spinner from the Forms tool bar, which is easy to "program."
> That is, it has its own Format Control dialog box, which makes it easy to
> assign its actions to data in a named cell.
>
> I see that the spinner button from the control tool box is "programmed"
> through a Properties box. I also see where (in the Properties box) to set
> the maximum value and the linked cell. I take it, though, that there's still
> more to do. Is this where I have to learn some VBA, or is there some simple
> step I'm overlooking, that will get the spinner button from the control box
> to work?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> -Lon
>
> The Spinner I have been using is the one I got from the control box.
> "Peo Sjoblom" <peo.sjoblom@nw^^excelsolutions.com> wrote in message
> > You can use the spinner button from the control toolbox instead
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Peo Sjoblom
> >
> > Excel 95 - Excel 2007
> > Northwest Excel Solutions
> > www.nwexcelsolutions.com
> > "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes;
> > if you are in one stop digging."  Lord Healey
> >

> > "Lon" <sobel@entertainmentlawreporter.com> wrote in message
> >> The Maximum Value of the "Spinner" form is 30,000. Is there any way to
> >> increase it? I'd like to bump the maximum value up into the millions.

--

Dave Peterson
0

You were right . . . on both counts.

I was still in design mode. And now that I've clicked out of that mode, the
spinner works just fine.

I'm using large numbers because I'm designing a decision tree to be used by
trial lawyers, and the numbers are dollars. These days, lawsuits often
involve amounts in the millions of dollars. I thought I'd deal with the
problem you alluded to by having the spinner increase the amounts in
increments of $1,000. But the scrollbar works too, even better, and even in
increments of just $1.

Thanks . . . "a million."

-Lon

> It should be that simple.  But make sure you're out of design mode
> (another
> button on that Control toolbox toolbar).
>
> But that's a pretty large number for a spinner.  Have you thought of using
> scrollbar (also from the control toolbox).  It might be easier for the
> user to
> get to the number they want.
>

> Lon wrote:
>>
>> Peo,
>>
>> Ah . . . yes. Now I see that there are two types of spinners.
>>
>> I was using the spinner from the Forms tool bar, which is easy to
>> "program."
>> That is, it has its own Format Control dialog box, which makes it easy to
>> assign its actions to data in a named cell.
>>
>> I see that the spinner button from the control tool box is "programmed"
>> through a Properties box. I also see where (in the Properties box) to set
>> the maximum value and the linked cell. I take it, though, that there's
>> still
>> more to do. Is this where I have to learn some VBA, or is there some
>> simple
>> step I'm overlooking, that will get the spinner button from the control
>> box
>> to work?
>>
>> Thanks again,
>>
>> -Lon
>>
>> The Spinner I have been using is the one I got from the control box.
>> "Peo Sjoblom" <peo.sjoblom@nw^^excelsolutions.com> wrote in message
>> > You can use the spinner button from the control toolbox instead
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Peo Sjoblom
>> >
>> > Excel 95 - Excel 2007
>> > Northwest Excel Solutions
>> > www.nwexcelsolutions.com
>> > "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes;
>> > if you are in one stop digging."  Lord Healey
>> >

>> > "Lon" <sobel@entertainmentlawreporter.com> wrote in message
>> >>

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
sobel (18)

formula not replaced by value
Friends Some time formula will not be replaced by values as shown below, even after hitting 'ENTER' What may be the reason A B C D +BS ^ =CONCATENATE(A1,(REPT(C1,31- LEN(A1))),B1) SUBID 000000000013 ^ Thank you Babu ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Your cell with the formula is probably formatted as "text". Try to change it to at least general. (J...

Find Min and Max in variable length arrays
I have a spreadsheet of 1,247,000 rows displaying prices (Date, Time,Open,High,Low,Close). I would like to find the lowest Low and the highest High in various daily time slots (like 937am thru 1017am) to then test against buying above the highest High and selling below the lowest Low in the time range selected. I can use Min and Max in fixed array periods but I stumble badly when I try to make the formula dynamic enough to accept many different time brackets. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Dave LeVeck Assuming you have numerics in ColD..(high)..the below arra...

Duplicate value error although there is no duplicate value
I have a table where I have assigned a primary key and index for a specific number. The db worked for approx. 1/2 year and today I get a duplicate value error when I try to create a specific number in the table (in this case, the number is T-1379-1). The table prohibits duplicate values and the number T-1380-1 can be inserted to the table without a problem. I started at (or the last good number was) T-1378-1. I've checked the complete table, but couldn't find number T-1379-1. Can anyone help? On Sep 11, 9:46 am, Mike <michael.re...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a table where ...

Increase size of pie chart within control?
Is there a way to increase the size of a pie chart within its control? I have a limited amount of space in which to display the chart, so the overall size of the control is restricted. But within it there's quite a lot of "wasted" white space and I would like to make the pie itself larger and more legible. Can do, or not? Many thanks CW In design mode, double-click on the chart within the control to select it for editing. Then use the sizing handles to resize the chart area to the size of the control; this does not have to be square. Click on the plot area to select it ...

find the max in different columns
I have a spreadsheet for a sales group. I want to be able to format a cell to find the biggest month of all of the salespeople. then, I want the cell next to it to state the name of the salesperson who had the highest month. Example - Beth's totals are in A3 - A15, Valeries are in D3 - D15, Vicki's are in G3 - G15. The highest month was in march, it was 63 units, and it belonged to valerie. So the cell would look like this: March 63 Valerie How can I get all three of those results (knowing they have to be in different cells). Hi! Where is the month and how is it entere...

How do you not include 0 value data on a graph?
I have a chart made that is formulated so that data fills in automatically every month. I then have a graph attached that plots the data. My problem is that when there is no data for that month then the graph plots a continuous line that shows 0 after the real data. Is there anything that I can put in the formula so that if there is no value or 0 value it won't plot it on the graph? Hope this question makes sense! Absolutely, use NA() if you don't want to graph the point. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "bergie" wrote: > I have a chart made that is formulated ...

Looking Up Values On Different Sheets
is it possible to look up values from different sheets ??? *for example: * i have created a page called *print-out* and this is where i want th findings to be put. i need something that will look up all values tha say *10.00am* and copy columns A-D onto the printout sheet. But thes are all on differnt sheets. Sheet 1 Sheet 2 Sheet 3 Sheet 4 10.00am 10.20am 10.00am 10.00am 10.20am 10.40am 10.40am 10.20am 10.40am do you understand ???? this if for a tournament scheduler where i need to print out al fixtures star...

max and min in an array
hi, i have these two data columns 1 0.34564 2 0.4645 3 0.464 4 0.4786 5 0.47611 6 0.951 7 0.894 8 0.65785 9 0.654 I have two known numbers, 3 and 5, which relate to column 1. i want to find out what it the minimum between the corresponding numbers in column 2 between 3 and 5. note that 1 may not relate to A1 (or B1 C1 etc) so is not related to cell position, so if the cell position is needed, this needs to be found. e.g. the numbers in column two which correspond to between 3 and 5 in column 1 are: 0.4645 0.464 0.4786 0.47611 the minimum is 0.464. the maximum is 0.4786. how can i do ...

SUM for logical values
Using Excel 2002 SP3... If I type logical values into the formula, like this: =SUM(TRUE, TRUE, TRUE), my formula returns the value 3. If I reference cells containing logical values, like this =SUM(A1:A3), my formula returns 0. Does anybody know why there is a difference? -- tj Try: =A1+A2+A3 -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "tjtjjtjt" <tjtjjtjt@discussions.microsoft.c...

Drivers for percentage increase
I am trying to set up a driver to include in my budget profile so that my managers can select the percentage from a driver and see on each budget line what the outcome will be i.e staff costs may be calculated at 150,000 but if I used my driver to calculate an increase of 3.5% that would change the staff costs to 155,250. Can anyone help? Regards Jo I am not sure what you question is but this may help:- In cell A 2 I have 150,000 In cell B 2 I have 3.5% In cell C 2 I have:- =(A2*B2)+A2 - and this returns 155,250 to cell C 2. If my comments have helped please h...

to increase quantity
hello everybody, i have a question: i want to use project to calculate the delivery time of a machine component. I know the bill of material and the time of every step (manufacturing, mounting, etc.). I don't have problem to create a gantt for this item: but i have problem when i want to create a gantt for a number greater than one of my item. I think that i have to use a function that increase the duration of each step of the process, but i don't know how. Please help me. thank you -- sentenza ------------------------------------------------------------------------ s...

sending empty value to optional parameter
If you have a function that accepts an optional parameter: Function select_live_nodes(ByVal sf_node_parent As Integer, Optional ByVal node_orderby As String =3D "my_default_value=94) I know you can call the function with X =3D select_live_nodes(2) Or X =3D select_live_nodes(2,=94another order=94) But how do I send a varialbe as the optional parameter that might or might not contain a value? X =3D select_live_nodes(2,myvariable) Even if =91myvarialbe=92 is empty the function does not resort to its default value, "my_default_value=94 I=92ve tried sending dbn...

Date Increase
I currently have a form for entering current passwords for systems. I have a field to enter the date the password was last changed, and another field for the date the password expires, which is every 30 days. Is there anyway i can set the date password expires field to update automatically? The 2nd field is just calculated from the 1st and better left as a calculation in a query rather than a field in a table. There are no triggers at the table level in Access. Dan Wood wrote: >I currently have a form for entering current passwords for systems. I have a >field to enter...

spin button value
Hi Does the value in spinbutton properties have to be numeric or can it be a day eg mon tues wed etc if so how do I dio this Thanks tina A Forms toolbar spinner control returns an integer. You can have another cell with a formula that references the cell linked to the spinner like =CHOOSE(A1,"Sun","Mon","Tues","Weds","Thurs","Fri","Sat") Here A1 is linked to the spinner. You'd want to limit the spinner's minimum value to 1 and maximum value to 7 in this case. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "tina" <tina@...

can I increase excel column numbers to more than 256?
I am trying to analyse tables including more than 256 variables. I cannot transpose them into rows because the program i am using in association with excel (xlstat) takes the columns as the variables. Is there a way to increase the number of the columns?? or is it a fixed specification of the excel worksheet? thank for any help! Yes, it is fixed - you cannot increase the number of columns. You can, of course, split your data up into chunks of 250 columns - the first block of data on row 1, for example, then the next set starting on another row etc. Pete ...

Shading Blank Cells Between Values?
Hello, I have a program that I would like to keep track of pending leave for our employees. There is a sheet for every employee. I enter leave start dates and duration into these sheets. There is a master sheet with all employees names that looks like a calendar. A function places "Start" in the cell of the start date of leave, and "End" in the cell of the end date of leave. I can use conditional formatting to shade the cells that have "Start" and "End" in them, but I can't figure out how to shade the blank cells between the two. I...

SMTP Session MAX session time
Is there a way to set a maximum session time for a SMTP session. I have tried setting the "session timeout" to 10 minutes, but it only works for Idle sessions. I believe I am having SMTP sessions from spamers that are connected for DAYS at a time. I have IMF installed and I am using blacklists, but still these sessions are occuring. Once a week I login to the server and manually drop these sessions, but I don't want to do that anymore. Any thouights? Thanks, Brandon No solutions, but I've noticed the same think in the last month. What a pain! -Peter "Brandon M...

XmlNode.Value
Can anyone from M$ or anyone else for that matter explain to me the reasoning behind the intended usage for this property? I was quite surprised to find that this property may be null depending on the XmlNodeType. If one imagines a scenario where some hapless programmer adds a new node to an XML-document, e.g. childNode = doc.CreateNode (XmlNodeType.Element, "foo", ""); and then decides to set the *value* (the "string" between <nodename> and </nodename>) of this node, one could easily imagine that our programmer would look for a method or property ca...

Newbie: counting repeated values ???????
Hello all, I know little about Excel that's why i am posting this message here. I have a sheet with several columns, one of those columns have always one of this 2 values: YES or NO My question is, is there a way to count how many YES or NO are in that column and display the number in other cell? I already tried =+COUNTIF(D10:D240,"Yes") but i get a msg saying my form have an error. Thanks in advance, Helder Portugal Helder Take the + sign out of your formula =COUNTIF(C3:C8,"Yes") >-----Original Message----- >Hello all, > >I know little about Excel...

Counting rows, then counting values.
I have a lot of spreadsheets with many rows and columns of numbers. I need a way to find the highest value in each row, (mark it some how, bold the number maybe), then count the number of "highest" values are in each column. Is there an easy way to do this? Thank You, Michael Hi Michael You can use this to get the value =MAX(A1:A20) and this to count =COUNTIF(A1:A20,MAX(A1:A20)) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Michael via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:152907df2ac24b6ab6ee8d51d46958d9@OfficeKB.com... >...

Increasing alphabectically
Windows XP and Excel 2003 The first time through the program should read: With Active Sheet .First = Sheets("Rates").Range("B2") .Second = Sheets("Rates").Range("B3:B186") End With The next time through the Ranges should read "C2" and "C3:C186" Then next time "D2" and "D3:D186" and so on until it reaches "X2"and "X3:X186" Can someone suggest a good way to do this. Please. You could use index values rather than th...

Want make chart express Inventory value
want to make chart express inventory ending value ...

Increasing Months
Hi Here is a simple question and I cannot find the answer. On a report I have a text box [Text301] and when display I see Fev-07 I would like to add something like 35 other text box so month would increase by 1 What could be the formula for [Text302] to display Mar-07 or Mar 2007. The formula should be issued from [Text301] Then [Text303] related to [Text302], [Text304] related to [Text303], ....... So the day I change [Text301] for let say Apr-08 [Text302] would give me May-08 [Text303} would be Jun-08, etc... I dont realy care with the format; it can be Mar 08 or Mar-08 or Mar-2...

Minimum nonzero value for non-adjacent columns
Dear Friends I use Xls 2003 and I would like to ask for help in the following problem: I have separate (non-adjacent) columns of data. I need to extract the mimimum value (higher than zero) on each row. I would like to have a solution without using helping ranges (to copy my non-contiguous range to a contiguous range) or named ranges because there are too many rows involved. Thanks in advance, Catalin Hi Catalin, how many columns are we talking about, and are they regularly or randomly seperated? Knowing the columns involved may aid with the solution. "Cata...

increasing arguments
I'm performing a simple addition calculation for material that is neste within other data, therefore i am unable to simpley sum the entir column........ Currently its telling me i have too many arguments......... =SUM(N146,N142,N138,N134,N130,N126,N122,N118,N114,N110,N106,N102,N98,N94,N90,N86,N82,N78,N74,N70,N66,N62,N58,N54,N50,N46,N42,N38,N34,N30,N26,N22) that is a total of 32 cells notated.......how can i increase th argument level from 30 to 32 or 33 ? Your assistance is greatl appreciated ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.c...