Incorporating detail of one sheet into another. #2

There are 2 excel worksheet. I would like to incorporate detail of sheet
2 into sheet1. e.g

Sheet2 Contain the following details
A            B              C            D             E
F       G
Agent1    Agent2       Agent3   Agent4     Agent5

1      Apple       Cycle

2      Mango      Car

3     Banana       Bus

4     Coconut     Motor         and so on in coloumn c , d , e,f and
g.

Now what I would like to do is If in sheet 1 If I select Agent 1 all
the detail of sheet2 which has column as agent1 should appear exactly
as it is in sheet2.  And the same thing for Column B, c ,d, e.

Thanks and Regards.
Mangesh Khati.

--
mangesh

mangesh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6746
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=504897

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Move Public Folder to another Administration Group
Hi all, Is there way how to move public folder from one adm. group to another adm. group? I enabled replication of some public folder to another exchange server in second adm. gr. and I don't know what should I do next. Can u help me somebody of you. Thanks a lot. Radek P.S. can u send your response to radek.vopenka@ffastfill.com On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 07:31:03 -0800, "Radek Vopenka" <Radek Vopenka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Is there way how to move public folder from one adm. group to another adm. >group? I enabled replication of some...

Create a new sheet for all Unique values
Hi, I have some code that I got off of Ron DeBruin's site for Creating a new sheet for all unique values. It works great but it puts the header at the top of each new sheet. Is there a way to modify this code to make it so it does not add a header at the top of each new sheet? I'm just looking to put the raw data on each new sheet. Any help is appreciated. Sub Copy_With_AdvancedFilter_To_Worksheets() Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ws1 As Worksheet Dim WSNew As Worksheet Dim rng As Range Dim cell As Range Dim Lrow As Long Set ws1 = Sheets("Sheet1") &...

Re: One Note on Mac
If one day MS developed a huge and powerful (more powerful than one for Windows) office suite for Mac, and other companies do so, would we continue using Windows? I think I wouldn't. But it won't happen. I turned to work on Mac three weeks ago easily learn it by myself without reading any books guiding how to. Maybe Mac Os X is a little bit too easy making me feel it not powerful compared with Windows XP Pro with a lot of components which are complex for most people. But then I understood 'Simple is the best' cause OS is not App, just being a platform Mac OS X offers en...

Using Data Validation in one column, based on contents of second column
Hello, This is the first time i've ever posted on this board, so bear with me. I am trying to add data validation to one column, that checks the value of another column in the same form, and if the value is true, not allow a 0 to be entered in the column. For example, Column 1 = Type, Column 2 = Usage. If Column1 = Gas, Electric, Water, or Sewer, Then Column2 should not allow a 0 value. If Column1 = Fire, Garbage, Sanitation Then Column2 should allow a zero value. Currently my validation is >0 which works, but doesn't filter its validation based on column1, only on the value of ...

make excel files with same names to be opened at one time
It is very difficult to work if you want to compare changed data made in the file with old one ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cde27763-1bc7-4299-874f-ac53e066ae7a&dg=microsoft.public....

excel-i want it to go to a certain cell when i 1st open the sheet
when i open a spreadsheet that i created, how do i get the cursor to go to the cell i want it to.. in this spreadsheet i will have to enter information in different columns and i want it to automatically go to the first cell under the first column. how can i do this? Hi Lindsey, I can think of two options off the top of my head: 1) Go to the cell, save and close. The next time you open the workbook, the active cell will be the same cell. 2) Use Excel Events. This requires programming Excel using VBA and when done properly can be extremely useful !!! The desired cell will always be t...

Microsoft Outlook
I need to insert my company´s contact details in every email I send out without having to type it out every time I write an email. How can I do this? Can anyone help please? Create a signature. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Maria Helga Muscat" <Maria Helga Muscat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:516483E8-B4AF-4E06-AA4C-59A3ED65CB80@microsoft.com... >I need to insert my company´┐Żs contact details in every email I send out > without having to type it out every time I write an email. How can I do > this? Can anyone help please? ...

one to one relation in visio 2007
how can I create many to one or one to many relation in Visio 2007?? The problem that all the relations that we have there are like inheritance... There is no line relation... there is just line with an arrow at the head.. Thank you Look at the properties for the line. Assuming that you selected the Entities correctly, I think that you'll find that there is a one to zero-or- more relationship. The arrow points to the master Entity. HTH "Wael" <Wael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4B7D89D-61DB-4A2B-AF56-2539A816E19B@microsoft.com... ...

How to incorporate voice commands into a VB6 application on XP?
On my new PC, which is running XP, I have been playing around with speech recognition. How can I get my VB6 program to respond to voice commands? VC works with, say, Word straight away. I don't have to configure XP or install anything. I just rand through a couple of the training exercises and then I could dictate into Word or switch to Voice Command mode and say things like "file open". I once experimented with Microsoft DirectSpeech in VB6, but I had to download a ton of SAPI stuff first. Ideally, I would not want a user to have to install anything other than wh...

Retrieving data from another workbook (path?)
Happy Saturday! Please can anyone help. I've done the searches and can't find an clues...I think maybe my question is just too simple.... I am getting a macro to password protect a worksheet with a password i a specif cell in another open workbook. The code: ActiveSheet.Protect Password:=Sheets("sheet1").Range("a1").Value ....works perfectly for inputting the password from within the sam workbook, but I'm blowed if I can find the code for referencing specific cell in a different open workbook. Logic tells me it should be ActiveSheet.Protec Password:...

copy worksheet to another workbook
I have a workbook with a worksheet that referances other worksheets within the same workbook. When I copy this worksheet to another workbook, it still referances the old workbook....instead of referancing the new workbook. The worksheets have the same name. How do I make it referance the new workbook? -- john jtaiariol wrote: > > I have a workbook with a worksheet that referances other worksheets within > the same workbook. When I copy this worksheet to another workbook, it still > referances the old workbook....instead of referancing the new workbook. The > worksheets h...

how do I send email + attachment to several recipients except one
I am using Outlook to send an email with an attachment to several recipients. But one of the recipients does not want to receive the attachment. She only wants the text message but not the file. How do I do this? Thanks (my Outlook version is 2003) You'll need to send a separate email without the attachments. "aml.rofso" <aml.rofso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCC7B431-0DFF-49F7-A934-E82EEA8A3295@microsoft.com... :I am using Outlook to send an email with an attachment to several recipients. : But one of the recipients does not want to re...

xla #2
What is an xla file? What is it used for? ...

cell reference problem #2
I am trouble with cell references in a spreadsheet. Some cells will display the cell reference rather than the value it points to. For example the cell will display =A1 as text rather than the content of that cell. What could cause this???????? thanks in advance david Hi David, First check that you have calculation turned on. Tools, Options, Calculation, automatic calculation If that is the problem and it recurs, see my slowresp to see how to spot the problem earlier. The other possibility is that you have Text formatting instead of General or a numeric format. Other things t...

How to incorporate MultiSelect in userform
1. The following code opens a user form which gives the user a choice to select 1 or more items (which are sheets). He then enters how many to print. What I can't work out is how to make the procedure print EACH of the selections and for the number of copies desired. (selecting the number of copies will apply to each item selected.) 2. The ' choose an item part doesn't do its thing either as it still prints if nothing is selected. Works OK if set to single selection, just can't work it for multiple. 3. ALSO, if its not too difficult, can the AddItem section cause the userf...

In Excel 2 columns data into one?
I have a spreadsheet with several columns. I have a last name column and a first name column and I want to merge the last name and first name into one column instead of two. Help, I can't fugure this out. Hi in a helper column =A1 & " " & B1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kelgal123" <Kelgal123@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:22255EDA-F202-4D1B-A818-39E2D674D60D@microsoft.com... > I have a spreadsheet with several columns. I have a last name column and a > first name column and I want to merge the last name a...

Mail addressed to one user going to another
Hello! I've got a root/child domain setup with three Exchange servers in the root domain. One of the Exchange servers acts as a front end server while the other two hold the mail for all of the users in the enterprise. I'm having a problem with mail being sent to the wrong user. We have a couple users with the same login names but they belong to different domains. bob@child1.domain.com and bob@child2.domain.com for example. Depending on what day it is and the position of the sun and the moon, if I send mail to bob@child1.domain.com either he will get it or bob@child2.domain...

How do I use the "More Details" in a newsletter? #3
In Publisher 2003, you can do email newsletters which have a paragraph of the article and a link, I assume, to the full article using the "More Details" just under the article summary. ...

Can't add another domain in Recipient Policy
Hi Everyone, I'm using Exchange 2000 and I'm trying to add another email domain to my Recipient Policy but the "New" button is grayed out and not clickable. I can add a new email to the default recipient policy, but that is not what I want to do. Our company has a policy for each office, so using the default policy would affect all offices I believe. I just want to add a domain to the policy that my office uses. Does anyone know why the button would be grayed out? There are two offices where Exchange 2000 was installed from scratch and do not have site connectors. Thei...

Dynamic sourcedata when copying chart within sheet
Hi! I'm working on a document that needs to allow the user to add more "rows" (a "row" contains a list of numbers and a chart depicting these numbers). The problem however is that when copy-pasting new "rows", the charts in the new "row" point to the numbers in the original "row" above. Is there a a way to make this operation userfriendly? A macro maybe? I tried to make some kind of macro but due to my limited skills I don't seem to get it right. For example, how do I select a specific chart from the new row (a row can contain up to ...

Header? Footer? Detail? Form?
Header? Footer? Detail? Form? Can someone please tell me why these things exist. I realize they are different sections of a form, but why is it necessary to have them divided up? Please help me to understand this. These allow you to organise the output of your report. In a Form: Header - always appears at the top of the form Detail - is usually where you would place any subforms Footer - always appears at the bottom of the form In a Report: Report Header - prints on the first page of your report. Report Footer - prints on the last page of your report (you can also use this for Grand T...

Multiple worksheets in one Excel 2000 HTML file
Hi everyone, I am programatically generating the data and saving it as HTML/XM format of Excel 2000. Everything works fine but Excel 2000 seems t need one HTML file per spreadsheet. What I would to do is have all th sheets in one HTML file. However, I have not been able to do so. I have tried setting the x:WorkSheetSource HREF property to an ancho defined in the same document. <x:WorksheetSource HRef='#myanchor'/> However, excel takes all the data after the xml tag and renders it o the same sheet. Does anyone know of a way to have all the data in one HTML file. I d not ne...

Allotment Details area and the Total Cases/Minutes box
Scenario: Service Contract Template with allotment type set to time. Contract created with that template and contract line set accordingly with 121 total hours, units in hours and in the Case/Minutes box i entered 7260 (multiplicity of 121 and 60). When i create a case and had it resolved for a period of 3 days. The allotments remaining only decrement by one. Whats going on. Thanks ...

What type of graph and how? #2
I need to help my daughter graph her results of her scienc experiement...Which is the strongest paper towel? She used 3 brands o paper towel. She used 3 items each of a different weight. She trie the 3 items on the 3 brands for the first round. None broke. Th second round she doubled the weight of each of the 3 items. One pape towel brand failed on all 3. The third round she tripled the weight o each of the 3 items. Only one paper towel brand withheld all 3 items. Can't figure out how to graph this. 3 paper towel brands, 3 items o different weights, the 3 items increased in weig...

Money 2002 will not start #2
Subject: Money 2002 will not start NNTP-Posting-Host: 68.43.208.224 Message-ID: <3c977ffa.0402221400.530431f0@posting.google.com> If you are here(like me) wondering why your Money 2002 won't start, the bottom line is Microsoft downloaded updates that caused a bug preventing Money from starting. If you have the original CD, you will have to reinstall Money 2002(reinstalling will not affect your .mny file, so don't worry yourself about it). This is the only fix available! If you do not have the CD, you will have to upgrade to Money 2003 or 2004. Or you can wait until hell freeze...