Importing nested tables from HTML to Excel

Hi, Everyone.

I've got something like the following table:

th>
really really really really really really really really want to know!</
td>
Text,
More text,
Blah,
More text,
Some More Text,
Yet Again Text,
One More Time!</pre>
will wrap.  I don't know what the answer is.  How about you?  I'm
really hoping this does well..</td>
really tough to do, though!</td>
write here.  I don't know if this will work!</td>
The table works fine in IE or Firefox, but Excel insists on making
each of the TDs separate rows.   What I'm trying to do is have
everything show up in one cell, but to keep the breaks so that it's a
list.  Is there a way to do this?  When it gets to "Test", "More
text", etc., I want that all in one cell, but listed just like it is
in the code, instead of w/o the breaks.  Is that possible?

I'm using Excel 2007.  Thanks!
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Usage (scope) of ALTER TABLE in sproc
hi @ll, I have a question about the usage of ALTER TABLE in a stored procedure (SQL Server 2005): First concurrent query, started first, should be later encapsulated in a stored procedure: BEGIN TRANSACTION [Test] ; ALTER TABLE [myTable] NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL ; -- Function from BOL, WAITFOR DELAY wrapper. EXEC TimeDelay_hh_mm_ss '00:00:10'; ALTER TABLE [myTable] CHECK CONSTRAINT ALL ; COMMIT TRANSACTION [Test] ; Second concurrent query: INSERT INTO [myTable] ( [Id], [Abbreviation], [Name] ...

Importing data

How do i change the height and width of a single cell in Excel?
You change the height of the cell by changing the height of the entire row, and the width of the cell by changing the width of the entire column. The cell cannot be independently resized, because then all the other cells wouldn't fit. You can merge contiguous rectangular ranges together to create super-cells. Depending on your objective, merging cells may have undesired side-effects. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ lotus1107 wrote: ...

Opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel
Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 Release 9 for Windows) files "Jim Warren" <Jim Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. >I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 >Release 9 for Windows) files The .wk? file formats predated Microsoft securing +90% market share, so way back then they had to compete in terms of interoperability. The .123 file format came after Mi...

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

how do I type over a pic on excel
Unless you put the picture in the Background (Format/Sheet/Background), in which case it will be tiled throughout the entire sheet, you can't directly type over a picture because pictures "live" in the Drawing layer above the cells. You can make the picture transparent (Format/Picture) to see text in the cells beneath. You can also use the Camera Tool to create a linked picture of a cell and position it on top of the other picture. Set the Fill to No fill, and the border to No Line. What I do is to put a text box over the picture and format it with n lines and no fill...

Excel graphs should allow copy & paste of individual bar formats
In excel graphs - bar charts, I make the last bar a hashed shading as it is a forcast. To do this I select only the last bar and change its formating. At the end of the month I want to change the format back to the same as all the other bars and make the new coming month's predicted value that hashed shading etc. Unfortunately excel will not allow copy and paste in this situation - so I have do open the format tab etc and then change. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggest...

Excel power toy for media playlist...
Awhile back there was a power toy that would convert a media play list so that it could be opened in Excel. Anyone got a copy or know where I could download a copy? Thanks. Frank Frank wrote: > Awhile back there was a power toy that would convert a media play list > so that it could be opened in Excel. > Anyone got a copy or know where I could download a copy? > Thanks. > Frank Never mind, I found it...the bonus pack! Frank ...

Importing Dynamic data

recover damaged excel file
I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Hi, what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the files, did you send the file to somebody? "Nora_Italy" wrote: > I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no > way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Thank you Eduardo. I don't get any error message, the file just doesn't open. Unfortunatately we backup files only once a month and I created...

Make table field descriptions appear in status bar
Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; When building a table, normally the info entered into the description field will show in the status bar when the bound control is active. For one of my forms, this appears to be turned off. How can I restore this? Thanks much in advance. XP wrote: >Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; > >When building a table, normally the info entered into the description field >will show in the status bar when the bound control is active. > >For one of my forms, this appears to be turned off. How can I restore this? The only reason the field descripti...

Preventing HTML graphics from automatically loading in preview pane
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to prevent outlook from automatically loading images in the preview pane. A lot of spammer's deliberately include html graphics in their messages. The URL for a particular image in the message is unique to the user it is sent to. When outlook displays such an image in the preview pane, it is essentially telling the spammer "Hey there spammer, here's a confirmation that I, <insert your e-mail address here> got your junk mail." Such confirmations tend to increase the quantity of junk mail a user receives. Even webmail client...

Beginner
Hi ! I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought I passed the first lessons) I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100 entries for a table) I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop. Like that: Year: 2000 2001 2002 2003 etc. Plant: plant_1 plant_2 plant_3 etc. Generator: gen_1 gen_2 gen_3 etc. So for every Year it must exist some Power Plants, and for every Power Plant it must exist some Generators. I already have ma...

Importing a CSV file

html page as setup
Hi, My MFC application require some setup/config dialog, and I'd like to make it as html web page, but not sure if this is possible without some micro web server. thanks for advice "andrew" <kc2ine@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23wqALE3HFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > My MFC application require some setup/config dialog, > and I'd like to make it as html web page, but not sure if this is possible > without some micro web server. > > thanks for advice > > Take a look at the following msdn article http://msdn.microsoft...

Create pivot table from 2 worksheets
How do I create 1 pivot table that draws data from 2 worksheets? -- MichaelKoh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MichaelKoh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22956 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480774 You can create a pivot table from data on separate sheets (multiple consolidation ranges), but the results may not be exactly what you want. There's more information here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot08.html MichaelKoh wrote: > How do I create 1 pivot ...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

how to remove the popup that reads, "the workbook you are opening contains macros" upon opening an excel document up?
Im creating a workbook, and was thinking of using a macro. I've decided otherwise, and can not get rid of the prompt that reads: "the workbook you are opening contains macros" with the options to "enable macros","do not open" or "disable macros. This message pops up as soon as I open the document, and is causing frustration amoung other users of this document. I've since "enabled macros" and then deleted all macros I created, but I am still prompted with the above message. Does anyone know how to remove this message? Any help is much app...

Table security
I have an Access 2003 database. On a form a user can select values by means of a combobox. If the user enters a value that is not present in the underlying table, the 'on not in list' event asks the user if he/ she would like to add the new entry to the table. If the user answers yes, a password form will be displayed asking the user for a password. If the password is correct, the new entry will be added to the table. However, the user could also bypass this by simply select the table and add the new entry manually. How do I prevent the user from doing that? Is there a way to f...