Importing from Mail

Is there a way to import contact card info ( name, home address, e-mail
address, phone number ) into Excel from Apple's Mail ?

0
lorrdon (1)
12/22/2005 7:29:36 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Don't know about Apple but most mail programs have some sort of Import/Export
facility.

Check out your options to see if you can export the Contacts info as a *.txt
or *.csv file format.

Excel will open either of those.

*.txt files will pop up the Text Import Wizard in Excel, allowing you to parse
your data if need be.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 22 Dec 2005 11:29:36 -0800, "lorrdon" <lorrdon@cox.net> wrote:

>Is there a way to import contact card info ( name, home address, e-mail
>address, phone number ) into Excel from Apple's Mail ?
0
Gord

mail messsages "stuck" in Outbox
Does anyone have any clue why my newly crafted messages are sent to the Outbox under a category called "Date: None" and are held in this state without any reaction to the "send/receive" box. The messages will not move unless I "forward" them to the same recepient. ...

Too much space between text boxes in e-mailed Publisher document
I am using Microsoft Publisher 2003 to make a newsletter to be e-mailed. I have put all of the information in text boxes as close as I can get them without having them touch. (I found out that when making them touch, it causes the entire document to become a jpg when e-mailed and then cannot be printed by the receiver.) When I put the text boxes as close as they can get when I am looking at it and then I send the document as an e-mail, the e-mail shows huge amounts of space between the text boxes instead of keeping them close together. How can I fix this? I have looked at all the &...

some Archive mails Left
Hi All, I have one imap email account, and i setup this account into the email clients using Netscape7.2 and Outlook xp sp3 to send/receive mails. Everything is fine. But I found a problem when i am using auto-archive function in Ms Outlook to archive mail, some mails are left in Inbox folder. The problem is that mails are not all moved into archive folder, and then I have only read some messages from Netscape and these messages did not archive in the Outlook. Moreover, is the archive function working with unread mails? (As some of unread mails is archived, some mails doesn't.) ...

Can Outlook import a Works Address Book?
I have an address book created in Works. I'm trying to move everything into Outlook. Using Import or Export doesn't work because nothing seems to recognize the .wab extension. Can this be done? If so, can someone give me the process? Barbara <Barbara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an address book created in Works. I'm trying to move > everything into Outlook. Using Import or Export doesn't work because > nothing seems to recognize the .wab extension. Can this be done? If > so, can someone give me the process? The Works Address Book is...

mail merge with voting buttons
anyone know how to include voting buttons on a mail merge document. Using Word to create the merge documents and using outlook to send them as email messages. thanks Tronc Can't be done as a simple mail merge. You'd have to write code to create the messages and add the custom actions (aka voting buttons). -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "tronc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b5e01c...

Importing data from web site
Hi Is there any procedure with VB to mimic something like the 'get external data from web' function within Excel. I would like to import currency exchange rate data from a web site and show the results in a listview control. Any help on this would be very much appreciated. TIA "Martin Parker" <MartinParker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:600CD518-8C01-44FB-9401-0D579F56BB27@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Is there any procedure with VB to mimic something like the 'get external > data from web' function within Excel....

WHEN WILL MICROSOFT PUT THE IMPORT OF OFC?
IT IS AN absurd HAVE SO MANY COMPLAINTS AND HER SIMPLY TO IGNORE THE USERS Actually, as a proportion of the complaints about M05, OFC hasn't been a heavy hitter. "IMPORT OF OFC" <IMPORT OF OFC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E1C8E05-EFCF-4A91-ACC5-CD9BB99126AA@microsoft.com... > IT IS AN absurd HAVE SO MANY COMPLAINTS AND HER SIMPLY TO IGNORE THE USERS This was a deliberate act by MS. Support for OFC was removed from M05. It supports QIF & OFX only. OFC was created in 1997 by Microsoft, then replaced in 1998 by OFX which is like an enhan...

Mail stuck in Outbox with Outlook2000
Any way to remove this mail without redoing a .pst? The e-mail will not delete from the outbox. Thank you... ...

mail merge #3
I have a table within a pub document that I want to do a mail merge from to create file folder labels for that tables info. I have copied & saved it to a separate pub doc hoping that would be easier. When I go into mail merge and browse for the file and open it, I get an error message that says " This operation cannot be preformed becuase of dialog or database engine failures." Is there anybody out there who can help me with this? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C3B4BB.DC6A8BC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1&...

Test Mail...Please Ignore #16
Testing NNTP Client, Please ignore message Thanks ...

Export/import inventory with QS2000
I'm merging two separate qs2000 databases. I only need to move the inventory records from an old database to a new one. Is there a way of doing that? The two database have the same items, suppliers, taxes and other 'static' data? (also same primary key values) ? Antonio Yes and no. I can strip all the conflicting data from the one I'm transfering, then correct it after it's merged. I really just need the basics. "Antonio Mazzeo" <amazzeo@email.it> wrote in news:1118652442.191566.241570 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > The two database have the ...

POP3 support or mail account configuration help request
I have hot mail account like ''dhulashia@hotmail.com" want to set with windows mail, os=Vista, what is the detail proceess to set it. manoj dhulashia To retrieve your Live/Hotmail with Windows Mail, you have to access the POP3 server (mail is downloaded to your computer). the required settings are here... try 587 for the Outgoing port... http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry With the newer Windows Live Mail, you can access the Hotmail/Live account via DeltaSync (mail is kept on the server). -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Win...

I have to repeat my password for e-mail every time, how do i get .
Every time I go to my inbox I have to put in my password. It is very frustrating but I don't know how to get rid of it. I am using outlook express. windows xp. and I have a compac cp. I do have service pack 2 installed and all updates are ok. my ISP server tells me I have a glitch on that program and that I have to reinstall this e-mail account. I would try to do that but how do I uninstall outlook express and then reinstall it again. My server told me to do that. Outlook express came with my cp. so I do not have a disk or cd to put in and reinstall it. Any help anyone can give me...

Multiple Mail Merge
I have Publisher 2003 and XP Proffessional and I'm trying to do a mail merge on a document I have. The problem is, I'd like to print three copies of the project per sheet and have a mail merge box on each copy of the project with a different address in each box. Any clues how to do this? In page setup, click custom, input the size of each project, i.e. 3.66 x 8.5, this will achieve 3 projects per page, do your merge in the page that appears on your screen. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.micr...

so many mails in our out queue
Dear All, We use exchange 5.5 +sp4 in these days. There are so many mails in our IMS-- >outbound messages awaiting delivery. And the Originator is not our domain name. I have done the following configuration --> in "routing restrictions" we select "hosts and clients that successfully authenticated" How can I stop the spam. By the way, we have to use POP3 in our client. Best Regards. Eden Disable the "hosts and clients that successfully authenticate" - have your clients use their ISP's SMTP server to send outbound mail. If that isn't pos...

i dont no how to send a mail could u plz tell me wot to click on
help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz What do you mean by "send a mail" ? Could you please keep the subjects brief and explain what you would like in as much details as possible please -- iPod's ROCK! "marjan" wrote: > help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

questionnaire on web, import answer into excell automaticaly
this is a two part question. i have a questionnaire (applicaiton) on the web http://oregondistrictyouth.org/youth_camp_registrationonline.htm how do i make it so the applicants can submit their answers, what do i do with the submit button and also after they have been submitted, can i set it up so the answers will be sent automatically to an excel page Have your web page write the data to a file on the server somewhere, then use FTP to transfer the file to your machine, and open it with Excel. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "oregon district youth" <oregon district youth@discussi...

Strange symbol & format in sent e mail messages #2
Recenrlt my e mail messages ( all new ones, and any replies) now contain a symbol that resembles the one used to note a paragraph, or mark each verse in the Bible. The message format also changes, with a dot between each word. How can i revert to "normal" e mail? ...

Importing Exchange Rates
We currently enter currency exchange rates manually into Dynamics GP9. Now we are looking for a FREE automated option. Someone suggested we use a RSS feed to get the info- we would then have to convert/prepare the data and use Integration Manager to import the info into GP (not sure yet how to automate all that). Has anyone else done this before or have any other suggestions? There is a sample Exchange Rate integration in Integration Manager. You should review the source file and destination mapping details in this integration to gain a sense of what data will be required for the ...

Update this excel import
I've imported data from an excel ss that looks like this: Org A 5 Z 7 M 1 K Org B 5 N 3 L 1 K Org C 4 W So, a field with the org, that is only filled in on the first line but applies to the empty lines below it, then a number field (all filled), then a txt field (all filled). Any ideas how I can update the org into the empty fields or do any kind of update query to use the data assigned to that org? OTHER THAN CUT/PASTE? thanx It would be ...

Unexplained "Imported" Folders in WLM. Please help!
Hi, I opened up my WLM and found about 6 "Imported Folders" under "Storage Folders". One of them is a duplicate of my main account, and has about 1200 emails in it. I am afraid to delete it, because I don't know whether it will delete my main account as well. How did these folders get there? I didn't do an import function. Also, there were some subfolders in my main account that were now located in "recovered items". How do I put these folders back in the tree they were originally in. How did this happen in the first place. I want Outlook...

How to import an Outlook Calendar into a Publisher Calendar Templa
I need to create a printable calendar (preferably using Publisher), which includes all appointments in an Outlook Calendar - any way I can import the data from Outlook into Publisher? ...

Printing Multiple E-mails in WLM
Is there any way to print multiple e-mails in WLM? It looks like you can only print one at a time. Hotmail allows you to select multiple messages and then print them as a group. Hopefully there is some way to do this, since I need to print out several thousand e-mails. Thanks for any help you can give! Highlight the lot, right click, print . . . . . "Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FB64EBC-217E-4346-858C-513812FE205E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to print multiple e-mails in WLM? It looks like you can > only pr...

Outlook 2003 New Mail Notification
When I first launch Outlook 2003, it retrieves my E-Mail but does not play the New Mail Notification sound. After it's launched, it will play the New Mail Notification sound as new mail comes in. What's the problem? Thanks There is no problem. It is by design. When you first poll for mail on startup, you expect to get mail. However, when you are doing other things while Outlook is open, it is designed to notify you that you have mail when you may NOT be expecting it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (i...

Smtp and mail servers
Hello, I have an application that sends mails (smtp) automatically (not spam) it monitors an industrial controller network, and sends a mail if an alarm occurs, and also one daily database. I dont want the user to configure a mail server for this task. I want the program to automatically get a list of aviable servers. Can this be done? Thanks Fernando Hi, I'd look at using the DnsQuery API to ferret out the IP address associated with an MX (Mail Exchange) record. See: http://www.encyclopedia-online.info/MX_record You will need to specify an MX record in your DNS system for thi...