Importing external data in plain text row format

I have data in the following format:
-------------------Begin Sample Data----------------------
Fernando E. Amuchastegui
Office of the County Attorney
115 S. Andrews Avenue
Suite 423
Fort Lauderdale   33301
954-357-7600 Voice
954-357-7641 Fax
famuchastegui@broward.org

Ronald J. Anania
Law Offices of Ronald J. Anania
10910 S W 10th Court
Davie   33324
954-476-9616 Voice
954-476-9693 Fax
law1492aol.com

Eric J. Anders
Haley Sinagra Paul & Toland, P.A.
100 SE 3 Avenue
Suite 1900
Fort Lauderdale   33394
954-467-1300 Voice
954-467-1372 Fax
eanders@hsptlaw.com

Hal B. Anderson
Billing Cochran Heath Lyles & Mauro, P.A.
888 S.E. 3rd. Avenue
Ste. 301
Fort Lauderdale   33316
954-764-7150 Voice
954-764-7279 Fax
hba@bchlm-pa.com
-------------------End Sample Data----------------------

Ultimately I need this in Outlook as individual contacts... the data I
have is 20K+rows long including line breaks between records, which
works out to approximately 1/8 that many individual contact records. I
am assuming I need to wrestle with this in excel before sending it to
Outlook.

What is the best way to convert this, and can someone walk me through
at least the basics? I cannot seem to find a reliable way using any of
the import functions.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Transferring Data With XML?
I'm new at this. What would be the best way to transfer data in XML format from sql server A to remote sql server B? We would like to encrypt the data with ssl which we already have installed on our iis server. -- .. http://sf-f.org, weblog and search engine for fans and writers of speculative fiction. .. ...

Importing data

Help: Not resolved external Symbol
Platform: Visual Studio .NET 2003 I read the MSDN and try using the Video for Windows. I have include the file <VfW.h>. Icalled the function capCreateCaptureWindow but failed. I call the function like this: // ---------------------------------------------- HWND GetWindow(int x, int y, int nWidth, int nHeight, HWND ParentHWND) { HWND WindowHdl; WindowHdl = capCreateCaptureWindow( "Capture Window", WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE | WS_EX_LEFT | WS_VISIBLE | WS_EX_MDICHILD, // Window Style. Defined in Help Topic: "CreateWindowEx Function" x, y, nWidth, nHeight, Paren...

Q: columns to rows
Hello, Sheet1 has column based data such as there are values in A1,B1,C1,.. Now I need to create Steet2 that holds row based data such as A1->A1,B1->A2,C1->A3 and change the background color of A1,A2,A3, if the data in A1,B1,C1 in Sheet1 is zero. How can I do this? Thanks, Jim, Select A1:Z1 and copy it, then select cell A1 on the second sheet. Us paste special (check the transpose box). That flips your data fro horizontal to vertical so it's in rows. To format the cells, go to Format: Conditional formatting. If the cel value is "equal to" then specify "0&...

Importing messages #6

Import and export

transfer data in excel between sheets
What I am looking to do is get a function button (or similar) on sheet 1 that can recognise the data put in a column and upon a click of a button transfer data held in a certain cell elsewhere and the date onto sheet 2. If this is not possible, what the whole purpose I am trying to do is on sheet one have a=50 fields per day, where 3 figures are entered per line, 50 lines (ie 150 pieces of data per day) which calculates the average of the 3 numbers per row, and then the average of all these numbers appears in a seperate field on the spreadsheet (this I have already achieved.) Then this...

Load Data Under Column Headings
My data are stock prices that I want to use with Metastock. I have as column headers: Date, Stock Name, Open, High, Low, Close, Stock Code. How do I load stock data with their fields under the respective column headings, perhaps, by just clicking on the file name, without using cut & paste. How do I protect the heading row from being overwritten? ...

excel 97 xml import

Automatically outline all email addresses in a given text by putting them in red-bold
Hi, I often treat raw texts and need to quickly visialize the paragraph containg email addresses. It takes me a great deal of working time t manually click red-bold on each email address I see in a text and it i not rare that I omit some addresses. Is there a simple function (like replace all *@* with *@* red-bold) i Excel or Word that I can use to automatize the process? Thanx in advanc -- frenchbo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- frenchbox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2927 View this thread: http://w...

protect borders on a data entry cell
I have an Excell 2007 spreadsheet with borders around selected cells, the spreadsheet is protected so my formulas cant get corrupted, but with some cells that are unlocked for user data entry. But when you copy and paste in these user entry cells the borders are getting copied and pasted also destroying the look of the spreadsheet. so how do you protect the borders from being changed and still allow copy and paste in the user entry cells? Thanks in advance Terry You could politely ask users to copy>paste VALUES -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin....

how do I convert date format yyyymmdd to mm/dd/yyyy
how do I convert date format yyyymmdd to mmddyyy I have rows of dates displayed as yyyymmdd (ie 20100131) I want them displayed as regular dates (ie 01/31/2010) If it's a column of cells... Select the column Data|text to columns (in xl2003 menus) choose fixed width, but don't have any delimiter lines Choose Date (ymd) This will convert the data to dates. Now you can format the ranyge the way you like. Datahead wrote: > > how do I convert date format yyyymmdd to mmddyyy > > I have rows of dates displayed as yyyymmdd (ie 20100131) > > I wan...

Concurrent access to private data
Hi, maybe it's a simple problem for most of you, but I can't find an easy way to quite simple problem, let me describe: Let's have this code: public ClassToChange() { ... //some other methods internal List<AnyDataClass> LockAndGetData() { Monitor.Enter(cs); return data; } internal Unlock() { Monitor.Exit(cs); } private object cs = new object(); private List<AnyDataClass> data = new List<AnyDataClass>(); } public class Editor { public Editor(ClassToChange editedObject) { this.editedObject = editedObject; } ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

PUBLISHER TEXT BOX PROBLEMS
HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND THE WRITING WHITE? I CAN ONLY SEEM TO MAKE THE WHOLE PAGE BLACK. Three steps are needed. #1 Replace or fix your keyboard so it isn't stuck on Caps Lock. #2 Select the text frame and then color it black. #3 With the text frame selected, use Ctrl-A to highlight all text and click on the text color icon to choose white. -- Ron "cataloguemaker" <cataloguemaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCAF0C9F-1FE2-4A76-9431-CCB37FFCFF68@microsoft.com... > HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND ...

Excel graphs should allow copy & paste of individual bar formats
In excel graphs - bar charts, I make the last bar a hashed shading as it is a forcast. To do this I select only the last bar and change its formating. At the end of the month I want to change the format back to the same as all the other bars and make the new coming month's predicted value that hashed shading etc. Unfortunately excel will not allow copy and paste in this situation - so I have do open the format tab etc and then change. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggest...

Reverse chart column and row order
I'm running Office 2007 and all my charts are showing up in reverse order: I want a bar graph that looks like this: Series 1 -------------------------------->Column 1 Series 1 ------------------------->Column 2 Series 1 ------------------------------------->Column 3 Series 2 -------------------------------------->Column 1 Series 2------------------>Column 2 Series 2-------------------------->Column 3 What I'm getting is: Series 2-------------------------->Column 3 Series 2------------------>Column 2 Series 2---------------------->Column 1 D3M ----------...

Importing Dynamic data

Capturing "text" instead of the formula
I have the following code snippet: Pass = 0 Fail = 0 For i = 9 To (ZeroRow - 3) Step 8 If Cells(i, "H").Value = Pass Then Pass = Pass + 1 Else Fail = Fail + 1 End If Next The cells I'm referring to actually have formulas in them but when you look at the worksheet the cells have either "Pass" or "Fail" in them. That's what I'm trying to capture. But when I run this code it doesn't see "Pass" in any of the cells so all of them in the for loop get assigned to Fail. I've tried putting t...

Flipping order of data in a column
I need to flip the order of data in a column. For example: Is: 22 10 23 Need: 23 10 22 How can I do this? I need only flip the data in a column, these cell are not a part of rows of data thus no ther data must flip with thes numbers. Obviously the data I am changing is more than 3 cells long (- -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way (using a helper column - if this is a one-time operation). If your data is in column A enter the following: B1: 1 B2: 2 - select B1:B2 and drag the selection down. This will populate column B with ascending numbers - Sort column A+B wit...

Importing a CSV file

SmartList for Canadian Payroll returns no data
We are running GP V10 and Canadian Payroll. When our Payroll clerk tries to run a SmartList for payroll data she gets nothing returned in her query result. She is able to see all of her data and do her Payroll work with no issues, and her security access to Payroll data is correct. Can anyone advise as to what we may have missed in her security and / or setup that would prevent her from seeing the data in her SmartList query? As POWERUSER I get no results from the SmartList query either. Appreciate any help or advice! Thanks! Hi LMG Which CPR Smartlists are you trying to run? T...