Importing a web page to excell

Is there any way, other than copy & paste, to copy a web page into
excell using a program?

Thank yoy,

Gordon

0
gwelch1938 (25)
2/8/2007 12:20:26 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Browser: File => Save
Excel: File => Open

"Gordon" <gwelch1938@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way, other than copy & paste, to copy a web page into
> excell using a program?
>
> Thank yoy,
>
> Gordon

0
no3581 (99)
2/8/2007 1:05:23 AM
try placing your cursor in the table on the web site you want>right
click>import to microsoft excel.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Gordon" <gwelch1938@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way, other than copy & paste, to copy a web page into
> excell using a program?
>
> Thank yoy,
>
> Gordon

0
dguillett1 (2487)
2/8/2007 1:09:04 AM
Gordon,

If  you'll be retrieving the data on an ongoing basis, a Web Query would be best.  Data -
Import External Data - New Web Query.  Once you've stepped through that, and it's imported
the data, the next time you want fresh data, just right-click your range and select Refresh.
Bob's your uncle!

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"Gordon" <gwelch1938@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way, other than copy & paste, to copy a web page into
> excell using a program?
>
> Thank yoy,
>
> Gordon

0
someone798 (944)

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

How do i change the height and width of a single cell in Excel?
You change the height of the cell by changing the height of the entire row, and the width of the cell by changing the width of the entire column. The cell cannot be independently resized, because then all the other cells wouldn't fit. You can merge contiguous rectangular ranges together to create super-cells. Depending on your objective, merging cells may have undesired side-effects. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ lotus1107 wrote: ...

Opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel
Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 Release 9 for Windows) files "Jim Warren" <Jim Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. >I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 >Release 9 for Windows) files The .wk? file formats predated Microsoft securing +90% market share, so way back then they had to compete in terms of interoperability. The .123 file format came after Mi...

excel 97 xml import

New Opportunity Product (Error on Page)
We are trying to add products to an opportunity, but when we hit the button "New Opportunity Product" on the Products page of the Opportunity module the only thing we get is an "Error on Page" in the bottom left-hand corner. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, any idea(s) how to fix it? Thanks, Tim Do you have a Price list and matching currency associated to the Opportunity? do you have any javascript running on the Opportunity or Opportunity Product? "Tim" wrote: > We are trying to add products to an opportunity, but when we hit the button &g...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

how do I type over a pic on excel
Unless you put the picture in the Background (Format/Sheet/Background), in which case it will be tiled throughout the entire sheet, you can't directly type over a picture because pictures "live" in the Drawing layer above the cells. You can make the picture transparent (Format/Picture) to see text in the cells beneath. You can also use the Camera Tool to create a linked picture of a cell and position it on top of the other picture. Set the Fill to No fill, and the border to No Line. What I do is to put a text box over the picture and format it with n lines and no fill...

Excel graphs should allow copy & paste of individual bar formats
In excel graphs - bar charts, I make the last bar a hashed shading as it is a forcast. To do this I select only the last bar and change its formating. At the end of the month I want to change the format back to the same as all the other bars and make the new coming month's predicted value that hashed shading etc. Unfortunately excel will not allow copy and paste in this situation - so I have do open the format tab etc and then change. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggest...

Excel power toy for media playlist...
Awhile back there was a power toy that would convert a media play list so that it could be opened in Excel. Anyone got a copy or know where I could download a copy? Thanks. Frank Frank wrote: > Awhile back there was a power toy that would convert a media play list > so that it could be opened in Excel. > Anyone got a copy or know where I could download a copy? > Thanks. > Frank Never mind, I found it...the bonus pack! Frank ...

Importing Dynamic data

recover damaged excel file
I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Hi, what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the files, did you send the file to somebody? "Nora_Italy" wrote: > I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no > way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Thank you Eduardo. I don't get any error message, the file just doesn't open. Unfortunatately we backup files only once a month and I created...

Web Queries #5
Hi, I know I've only spent some 20 hours trying to figure out web queries (over-time) haven't super dug deep yet, but shouldn't be that hard. Does anyone have a simple way of getting data down a sheet (sorry shall I say) for Ticker Symbols. Seen many examples for not showing the end steps to actually do it. getting a whole table of 1 ticker symbol for 20 things not needed, not needed. Parts re: I'll just have to "parse data"... great why stop now..... how do you parse... anyways TTL is not "time-to-live", its part of IC-TTL integrated circuit tr...

Margins and section page width error
Using Access 2002, SP3. I'm trying to design a report in landscape. I have set my margins to 0.5", above the minimum of my laser printer. In the Report Header I draw a rectangular box which will be used as a border. The corner is 0.6" and 0.6" and I drag it right to 10" and down to 3.5". So the right edge of the box is 1"inside the paper edge. In this configuration, the right edge overflows onto a 2nd sheet. I reduce the width of the box, moving the right edge from 10" to 9.9". When I do that I get the error "section width is greater t...

page scroll
I dont know if I bumped a key or what but now when I try to move the cursor from one cell to the other the whole page moves instead of the cursor, how do I fix this -- Jim S Did you put scroll lock on? If so, take it off Tyro "Jim S" <jims03nospam@qwest.net> wrote in message news:%23uBdDEBeIHA.6092@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I dont know if I bumped a key or what but now when I try to move the cursor >from one cell to the other the whole page moves instead of the cursor, how >do I fix this > > -- > Jim S > > > > I've hit the scr...

Advanced on-line Excel course
Can anyone recommend an advanced on-line Excel course? I'm looking for something that will take up to 4 hours and cover macros, lists, advanced formatting, etc. Thanks, Kathy Hi Kathy, See David McRitchie's tutorials page at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm#tutorial The VBA material is towards the bottom of that section. --- Regards, Norman "Kathy H" <Kathy H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEEECE40-1D94-4F95-93F0-345E3A669576@microsoft.com... > Can anyone recommend an advanced on-line Excel course? I'm looking f...

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

html page as setup
Hi, My MFC application require some setup/config dialog, and I'd like to make it as html web page, but not sure if this is possible without some micro web server. thanks for advice "andrew" <kc2ine@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23wqALE3HFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > My MFC application require some setup/config dialog, > and I'd like to make it as html web page, but not sure if this is possible > without some micro web server. > > thanks for advice > > Take a look at the following msdn article http://msdn.microsoft...

Excel 2007 Vista
When I try to opne Excel 2007 in Vista, the application appears with the lower status bar on top and greyed out, and complete blue in the middle - no spread sheet. I have to close using ALT-F4, try re-opening and it comes up that way again - then sometimes it opens up normally. Any ideas? -- Regards, Sean Liming Yes, same problem here. I thought I had tracked it down to Kaspersky Internet Security v6. Turning that off and immediately re-opening the file has worked for the last week but then it happened again last night and turning off Kaspersky had no effect. After retrying about ...

Hidng Modfiy Shared Page tab
I want to hid this tab for every one in Business Portal other than users with Adminisrator Role. Can anyone tell me how?? ...