import data from works 3.0 on windows 3.1

I am trying to save some files for a woman who's husband just died and left
all his business inventory in an old format.

The files where created in an old DOS database program called PowerBase. I
can export the files as several different formats and open them in Windows
3.1 (on the same machine). I then export them to TAB delimited txt files.

The problem is when I transfer them to a "new" machine (windows XPPro) I
can't open them in excel. I believe the problem is with the txt encoding
type used by Works 3.0 in windows 3.1. If I open them in notepad on the
XPPro machine, it appears to not read them properly either.

Can anyone make a suggestion?

Thanks.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Transferring Data With XML?
I'm new at this. What would be the best way to transfer data in XML format from sql server A to remote sql server B? We would like to encrypt the data with ssl which we already have installed on our iis server. -- .. http://sf-f.org, weblog and search engine for fans and writers of speculative fiction. .. ...

Importing data

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Write in larger than 36 points with Windows Live Mail
How can I write/compose in larger than 36 points with Windows Live Mail? I have downloaded fonts that can go much higher than 36 points but Windows Live Mail only shows 36 points as maximum "Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message news:#PlPfSyaKHA.1596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How can I write/compose in larger than 36 points with Windows Live Mail? > I have downloaded fonts that can go much higher than 36 points but Windows > Live Mail only shows 36 points as maximum You can't with WLM. It is a limitation of the program. Most p...

CRM Mobile 3.0 Online
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C65786.24AD5010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable All, Dynamics CRM Mobile 3.0 is now downloadable from the microsoft site. URL: = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3Dea5a3566-7ec8-= 4afe-bbfa-91e7210c55c4&DisplayLang=3Den Regards, --=20 Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C65786.24AD5010 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Conte...

transfer data in excel between sheets
What I am looking to do is get a function button (or similar) on sheet 1 that can recognise the data put in a column and upon a click of a button transfer data held in a certain cell elsewhere and the date onto sheet 2. If this is not possible, what the whole purpose I am trying to do is on sheet one have a=50 fields per day, where 3 figures are entered per line, 50 lines (ie 150 pieces of data per day) which calculates the average of the 3 numbers per row, and then the average of all these numbers appears in a seperate field on the spreadsheet (this I have already achieved.) Then this...

Problems comming with change of Windows OS versions
Hi all, I work on MFC ,Dialog based applications........ when I develop an application and test it ,frequently I am facing one problem...It is the applications are working fine in one Windows OS version( consider XP) but if I test it another Windows OS version like( 98,2k,XPSP2)..there are some problems(like not underlining the shortcut keys,images not getting displayed..etc ) which are comming in that particular OS version only.... I want to know the reason behind this.....why is it working fine in one OS & not in other...?? I have clearly checked that the commands are g...

Popup windows
Hi there, I'm having problems with popup window blocking in MS Internet Explorer and CRM Outlook client integration where a lot of windows in CRM are being blocked somehow. I presumed having the Outlook Client integration for CRM would have automatically added the CRM windows to 'allowed sites' for popups, but they still are blocked. The same is happening in the internet browser. I have the popup blocker turned off, and I have no other tools such as Google bar that could also be blocking the windows. Did anyone have any similar problems, or know what I can do to stop w...

Load Data Under Column Headings
My data are stock prices that I want to use with Metastock. I have as column headers: Date, Stock Name, Open, High, Low, Close, Stock Code. How do I load stock data with their fields under the respective column headings, perhaps, by just clicking on the file name, without using cut & paste. How do I protect the heading row from being overwritten? ...

excel 97 xml import

Concurrent access to private data
Hi, maybe it's a simple problem for most of you, but I can't find an easy way to quite simple problem, let me describe: Let's have this code: public ClassToChange() { ... //some other methods internal List<AnyDataClass> LockAndGetData() { Monitor.Enter(cs); return data; } internal Unlock() { Monitor.Exit(cs); } private object cs = new object(); private List<AnyDataClass> data = new List<AnyDataClass>(); } public class Editor { public Editor(ClassToChange editedObject) { this.editedObject = editedObject; } ...

New Money File Error on Windows XP
I'm using the MS Money 2002 on Windows XP Pro (I've upgraded XP from Windows 2000). But when I starting new file, Money 2002 is crashed. Working with previous files are good, but new file working is failed always. Is it error on Windows XP? Have you tried re-installing M2002? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Kim Heui Jung" <neospix@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ORcUKtP0DHA.2412@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm using...

CRM 3.0 Pro and SQL 2005
I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1 When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats wrong with my installation? Did you use a named instance or a default instance of SQL server. CRM only supports default instances. -Randy "John68" <John68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5ED40473-4589-4CBF-B878-DAD9971A089A@microsoft.com... >I have a server with both...

protect borders on a data entry cell
I have an Excell 2007 spreadsheet with borders around selected cells, the spreadsheet is protected so my formulas cant get corrupted, but with some cells that are unlocked for user data entry. But when you copy and paste in these user entry cells the borders are getting copied and pasted also destroying the look of the spreadsheet. so how do you protect the borders from being changed and still allow copy and paste in the user entry cells? Thanks in advance Terry You could politely ask users to copy>paste VALUES -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin....

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

Flipping order of data in a column
I need to flip the order of data in a column. For example: Is: 22 10 23 Need: 23 10 22 How can I do this? I need only flip the data in a column, these cell are not a part of rows of data thus no ther data must flip with thes numbers. Obviously the data I am changing is more than 3 cells long (- -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way (using a helper column - if this is a one-time operation). If your data is in column A enter the following: B1: 1 B2: 2 - select B1:B2 and drag the selection down. This will populate column B with ascending numbers - Sort column A+B wit...

Importing a CSV file

SmartList for Canadian Payroll returns no data
We are running GP V10 and Canadian Payroll. When our Payroll clerk tries to run a SmartList for payroll data she gets nothing returned in her query result. She is able to see all of her data and do her Payroll work with no issues, and her security access to Payroll data is correct. Can anyone advise as to what we may have missed in her security and / or setup that would prevent her from seeing the data in her SmartList query? As POWERUSER I get no results from the SmartList query either. Appreciate any help or advice! Thanks! Hi LMG Which CPR Smartlists are you trying to run? T...

MS Publisher 2002 #3
I just got a new Dell PC with XP. I installed MS Publisher 2002 Deluxe with 3 CDs. I have installed all 3 CDs. I have access to a lot more clip art now but when I select clip art to insert, I get the message " file xxx is on 09PRMCD02, please insert disk". Why don't I have this disk and where do I get it? THanks. Have you tried inserting each of the disks (one at a time) to see if the file is on the disks? When you install the program, you have a choice as to whether you want to install all of the clip art or not. It defaults to "not". If that is the proble...