If Then Else??

Cat	Indic	Apple	Banana	Coconut Durian
Ripe	(R)	10	30	50	70
Unripe	(U)	60	40	20	10
Seeded	(SD)	70	0	0	80
Seedless(SL)	0	70	70	0

If I have a 1 column for either Fruits (Apple, Banana, Coconut or Durian)and another on Indicators (R, U, SD, SL), at the row that I have maybe listing Apple & Unripe, I want to extract the quantity (60), how do I go about with the If Then Else function?

0
nora.khoo (1)
3/19/2012 7:11:36 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

Am Mon, 19 Mar 2012 07:11:36 GMT schrieb khoo nora:

> Cat	Indic	Apple	Banana	Coconut Durian
> Ripe	(R)	10	30	50	70
> Unripe	(U)	60	40	20	10
> Seeded	(SD)	70	0	0	80
> Seedless(SL)	0	70	70	0

try Pivot Table:
drag Indicator to column and Apple, Banana, Coconut and Durian to
Values.

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

Help with IF then ELSE and VLOOKUP
I have the following dilemma. I have a Vlookup, which tests for values between 110 and 131 and allocates an appropriate bonus that works fine. If the values are less than 110 and greater then 130 the resultant cell displays #N/A as expected. However I have now been advised that if I have a value that is less than or equal to 110 I need to allocate a bonus of 86.49 and if it is greater than or equal to 131 I need to allocate a bonus of 102.00. Any value between 110 and 131 should invoke the vlookup to allocate the appropriate bonus. I was hoping to using an ‘if then else’ statement to s...

I saw somebody else extract part of a cell
In my list, there are inventory numbers in columns, like such: 023012977500000 023015877700000 What I would like to do is somehow get rid of the first set of numbers, the "0230" set, and also the end set, the zeros. I saw somebody at work do something similiar once, with a command or function...it looked like he was telling it to count over X places, then get the rest of the numbers maybe? Any suggestions? Tia, A A use MID. If your data is in cell A1, then in another cell on the same row, say B1, put: =MID(A1,5,LEN(A1)-9) Regards Trevor "AngrieWoman" <angrie....

How to save "Empty" as Pivot Table calculated item result, or else...??
Not sure if this is the right forum, but - Have a pivot table in which I've created a calculated item. The data set contains several different data groups, and I use an attribute field as a page field to select the group of interest. So far, so good. Then I create a calculated field of the type Profit by subtracting Cost from Price. When I do so, the page field no longer selects the group of interest - rather, the whole data set shows up, regardless of page field election. In looking at the calculation results, if I subtract Cost [when tests True for Empty] from Price [also when test...

Tabbing between text boxes and locking all else.
I have built a user form using Excel 2000, I used the "View - Toolbars - Control Tool Box - Text Box" to make areas where the user can enter data. I saved this as a template and when I try to move from one box to the next using the Tab key, nothing happens, cursur won't move to the next box. I have to use the mouse to click on the next box to make it work. I would also like to make the sheet so that when it is opened up, the only place you can type are in the text boxes. I tried protecting the sheet, but that doesn't seem to do what I am looking for. (Unless I am doing s...

font changes color in publisher when clicking on something else
When my students select a color and type a font, many times it will change the color of the font when they click out of the textbook. However, it will print in the color that was selected originally. Any Ideas? Does this happen on all computers? If it is only on one computer it could be a graphics driver issue. Read the fourth FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "rcrawford" <rcrawford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B08D30C1-5A73-436D-A116-E63ABB193AE8@microsoft.com... > When ...

Money+ Update not working for anyone else?
I have about 8 accounts not getting a download via the Online Update tool. Content and Quotes were downloaded fine but these 8 accounts with different institutions are not updating. I wouldn't think it would be an issue with anyone else but wanted to check. I've tried updating several times over an hour period and still no luck. thanks andy On Aug 18, 8:04=A0pm, "Andrew" <ake...@xhotmailx.com> wrote: > I have about 8 accounts not getting a download via the Online Update tool= .. > I wouldn't think it would be an issue with anyone else but wanted to c...

How Do You Remove Someone Else's Reoccuring Calendar Appointment?
Outlook 2003 and Windows 2000. Employee that created the appointments is no longer with the company. We need to delete (globally) these reoccurring appointments because they are no longer valid and create confusion. Any idea how we would do this? Each person needs to delete them off their own calendar. You can't do it globally. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - ...

How to hide a formula and display something else?
I have a cell with a PV function and I want to know how to leave that function active in that same cell but I want to only have the words "PV" be visible in cell. How can I do that? Used a Named Formula; http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/named-formulas.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "ShaneChop" <ShaneChop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C3CCC6E-BC4C-4D41-8D2A-8BF69FDB0806@microsoft.com... >I have a cell with a PV function and I want to know how to leave that > function active in that same cell but I want to only have ...

Combo box to display something else if field is blank
Hi I have a combo box in my form which uses the following query: SELECT [CustomerID], [FirstName] & " " & [LastName] FROM Customers ORDER BY [FirstName] & " " & [LastName] However, if the both the firstname and lastname are blank in the Customer Table I need it to show the BillingAddress instead. Is this possible? My line of thinking is something like this: SELECT [CustomerID], [FirstName] & " " & [LastName] FROM Customers ORDER BY [FirstName] & " " & [LastName]; IFBLANK SELECT [CustomerID], [BillingA...

Help with If, Then, Else strings please
Hi. This should be easy but I can't get it to work. I have a subform with a command button and the choice of form that it opens depends on the contents of two fields on the subform. Here is the code I'm using (it's just the relevant part): If Me.cboPlacementStage = "PGCE Final" And Me.txtPlacementStartYear >= "2007" Then stDocName = "frmGrades3" Else stDocName = "frmGrades1" End If If Me.cboPlacementStage = "PGCE First" And Me.txtPlacementStartYear >= "2007&q...

Problem with Online Services - Citigroup Accounts Only
My Online Services for Transaction Data Download were working properly for approximately 1 yr. July 15th was my last successful connection and download. I now get the following error: "There is a problem with the data received from this online provider. If the problem persists, contact the providers customer service for help". I called Citigroup and they said that it is a money problem - they were useless. I am running Money 2000 and haven't changed a thing. Did the service end? Does the latest 'Update Internet Info'have an error for Citigroup? In microsoft.p...

Does anyone else have a problem with IE8 and Money Pluse Invoices?
A while ago I updated to IE8, which broke the ability of Money to print invoices. They would print blank pages instead. I had to go back to IE7 to enable Money to print invoices. I am trying to determine if I should rebuild my Vista Ultimate 32 bit machine, or if there really is a problem between IE8 and Money. If others are having the same problem, I won't rebuild. If I hear that IE8 and Money work perfectly together, then I will rebuild my laptop and install again from scratch. Thanks for any info for people that are running Money Plus for Home and Small Business and IE8. In ...

Is anyone else having problems with in-transits?
Hello: Is anyone else on GP 10.0 who is not on service pack 4 having issues with the use of lot-based in-transit transactions? It seems that everytime there is a lot-based in-transit that needs to be received in, the quantity available for the lot is showing "0" when there is in fact a ton of available stock at that lot. Again, is anyone else out there seeing this? I wish that I had not mentioned this new in-transit feature to this client. It has been nothing but headaches. At least, that's the case for any items attached to lots. childofthe1980s With you Child, I ha...

Problem with If,Then, Else
Hi Everyone Below is a sample of my codes for a Staircase Calculator. My problem is at the If command at the bottom, I tried different things but no success, I need your help. Regards John Sub Make_Stairs4() Dim nx As Variant nx = 4 Application.ScreenUpdating = False ActiveWindow.Zoom = 100 Height_size = Range("G1").Value Width_size = Range("G2").Value Left_size = Range("K1").Value Top_size = Range("K2").Value ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeRightTriangle, _ Left_size, Top_size, Width_size, Height_size)...

check if then else?
Can someone point me in the right direction please. I have a column where a user enters a number between 1 and 7 all the way down 30 lines to the right of this they enter an amount I'd like to create a set of totals of the amounts for each number i.e. 1 � 45 2 � 20 1 � 15 total 1 = � 60 total 2 = � 20 etc I'm sure this is a simple function but I am struggling with it thanks in advance -- Vass Select your data (all the columns) sort by the number column using Data|Sort then use Data|subtotals to get your totals. You can use the outlining symbols at the left to ...

Else If
Is there a function which will check in a specified cell for a number (should be from 1-10) and return a specific value based what number it found in that cell? Ex. IF(A1=1,"text1") IF(A1=2,"text2") IF(A1=3,"text3") IF(A1=4,"text4") IF(A1=5,"text5") IF(A1=6,"text6") IF(A1=7,"text7") IF(A1=8,"text8") etc... -- mallets123 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mallets123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25090 View this thread: http://...

Error: Unable to display the folder. The Inbox folder cannot be found.
Gurus, Running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003/2007. Some of our secretarial users are tasked to look into their bosses Inbox, Contacts and Tasks. They do this by way of clicking File > Open > Other Users Folder. Sometimes ths works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't work they get the error: "Unable to display the folder. The Inbox folder cannot be found". I've determined that this is not a rights issue as all concerned users do have the proper rights to their bosses mailbox of "Full Control" and "Read". Even when I try it against th...

If Then Else?
In the detail portion of my report, I have a field that is Est As % of Labour. The calculation I need is dependant on if a cost code and a cost type is this, then perform this calculation. Example: If [costcode]="020110" and [costype]="05320, take the EstimatedCost (of this costcode/costtype) and divide by EstimatedCost of costcode=013210 and costtype=05320. another: If [costcode]="036110" and [costype]="05511, take the EstimatedCost (of this costcode/costtype) and divide by EstimatedCost of costcode=031101 and costtype=05110 Any sugges...

Create XSD (or something else) from XML to validate
Hello everybody, here is my question (sorry for my english) I know I am going to receive some xml=B4s. I know the structure they are going to have. As an example: <?xml version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"UTF-8"?> <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv=3D"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/ envelope/" xmlns:xsd=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <soapenv:Body> <gi-test xmlns=3D"urn:pm_interfaz_soap2"> <cod-user xmlns=3D"">TESTUSER</cod-user&...

Won't Play DVD's, But it will play everything else.
Why is my windows media player not playing DVD's, But playing everything else? -- Mr.T On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 01:05:01 -0800, Gamer <thc420gamer@shaw.ca> wrote: >Why is my windows media player not playing DVD's, But playing everything else? You probably never purchased a DVD decoder (windows XP or vista home basic) but check first to see if there's one installed but not set active : The DecCheck tool for windows XP http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=DE1491AC-0AB6-4990-943D-627E6ADE9FCB&displaylang=en and the corresponding (third p...

"If-If Else Help"
How can I get the desired result?Treat the alpha/numeric examples (A2, B2 & C2) as the cells themselves (as you view an Exel Workbook). The first comparison is to see if A2 is equal to B2, if they are equal to each other then the text Finish would appear in cell C2. If they are not equal to each other then the next comparison would be to see if A2 is greater than B2 and if it is then A2 - B2 = C2 (Ex: A2 = 120.00, B2 = 115.05, thus C2 = 4.95). Lastly, if the two previous conditions do not exist then the cell C2 displays "N/A". I also desire for this to be able to functi...

IF THEN ELSE CODING missing a step
I am using the following lines of code and I can not figure out why it is completely skipping the VBNO DOCMD. Is this worded incorrectly? Function Another_Record() MSGBOX "Do you wish to do another LRU update?", vbYesNo, "LRU UPDATE" If vbYes Then DoCmd.GoToControl "Serial Number" Else DoCmd.Close acForm, "EDIT CDS LRU ASSET" End If End Function Try if (Msgbox("blah bla",vbYesNo,"Title") = vbYes) then else end if "Curtis" <Curtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

how do i send something in my email to me to someone else
my mentor sent me a great message to my office email but iwant to keep it so i want to sent it to my yahoo account Bully for you!!! Now, ask it in a newsgroup related to your email client, not Microsoft Word. "lillian crews" <lillian crews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F112999E-7614-45B6-9353-F6888D6C6FA7@microsoft.com... : my mentor sent me a great message to my office email but iwant to keep it so : i want to sent it to my yahoo account Somewhere in the email program in which you received it, there will be a method of Forwarding it. ...

anyone else seen problem using LEN() function in Runtime?
HI. I have an applicaiton that for one of the combo boxes has a query that uses the Len() function to shorten the description length for sorting the list. Eg: Right([Partdescription],(Len([PartDescription])-11)) This was working fine - however having loaded the AccessRT.msp Runtime pre-release patch from microsoft to fix the SaveAsPDF addin problem the len function doesnt work. I have even tried to generate a standalone app that has a Form with a button and the VB code has a Msgbox Len([Me]![ErrorBox]) Under the runtime with the pre-release patch the msgbox does not display. Under ...

Anyone else use Excel for their investment info
I use Excel to track my finances - using my Money info - to get it better organized , charting, newsletter allocations ,etc Anyone else do this ? anything onlline ? ... I'd like to compare notes - get ideas ... on how you .... ? Maybe swap a few speadsheets (with the data fields empty) or after a major overhaul of portfolio, how to track "old data" ... do you create a new tab for latest info ? Leave on same sheet but move offscreen , etc Or, on my sheet that shows my allocation pie chart .... I do not want to see anything with a $0 balance- but the next week they may be som...