If text exists pull text from another cell....how to do it?

I have a schedule with multiple sheets that I have made for my staff.

What I am having trouble with is getting text from one sheet to another.

I have Servers, Host, BarBus sheets as well as Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat,
and Sun sheets.

In the Servers sheet in A1 Column I have their names B1:O1 are their shifts. The
setup is the same for Host and BArBus sheets.

B1 has three shifts AM, OCA, XPOA
B2 has four shifts PM, BR, OCP, XPOP

What I can not figure out is how to pull the names of the people that are
working.

Example:

On Sheet Mon I have

Servers______Host______Bar_______Bus

I need this sheet to look into Mon (B1) on the Server sheet and see who is
working and list them.

Example:

Servers______Host______Bar_______Bus
Mike_________Sara______Fred______Tom
Will_________Billy_____Dan_______Jason
Sam__________Ed________
Jenn_________
Bob__________
Jane_________

0
cucme1 (9)
4/12/2006 5:28:31 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

TEXT = text

vlookup to copy data from another tab
I have two tabs in spreadsheet. MAIN & THIRD PARTY I'm trying to update third party contact information from THIRD PARTY to MAIN by entering a POST CODE (ZIP CODE) into MAIN and for the formula to search the THIRD PARTY tab and return the name, address and contact info there. Basic info in THIRD PARTY covers NINE columns that should be copied and transferred to MAIN if the post code matches. I can get it to look but not to search the columns for the variable. I have sorted the spreadsheet into into order. Thanks in advance fro your help. David Are you using V...

Sorting by last 3 digits in cell
I need to sort columns using the last 3 digits of a number not the first digits. How do I do this? Thanks for your help. Hi, Try adding a helper column (B) and use =RIGHT(A1,3) and fill down, then click any cell within column B and sort. Harry "britten funk" wrote: > I need to sort columns using the last 3 digits of a number > not the first digits. How do I do this? Thanks for your > help. > I'd use a formula like: =mod(a1,1000) To keep them numbers (not text) Or modify Harry's formula to: =--RIGHT(A1,3) britten funk wrote: > > I need ...

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

linknig cells
How can I have link two cells from different woksheets? ...

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Naming a cell #2
I have a long list of data and want to name each cell individually b using the reference of cell on the left and at the top. e.g. Column A B C Row 1 Maths Science 2 Jack 45 50 3 Andrew 88 40 4 Lalita 75 60 5 --------------------------- 6 --------------------------- 7 --------------------------- & So on. What I want is that cell B2 be named as Jack Maths or Maths Jack cell C2 be named as Jack...

another dumb question from me
sorry in advance i finally am giving ie8 a go - had been using ie7 & opera as my car ins. site would not work on one & my credit union would not on the other - anyway, in ie8, i see auto complete - is this like opera's password function ? that is, some of the sites i use regularly, on opera, i just click the icon & bam, the username & pw were put in - i don't know how to do it in ie8 - went to help but it said how to turn it off, but it's on & i see nothing to click that will fill in the details for me any/all, much appreciated -- Dallas...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Instructions from help, do not exist in Money 2004
What is an invoice template? An invoice template is a special file you create in the Invoice Designer. Whenever you want to create an invoice, you can open the template file that you created in the Invoice Designer, enter the appropriate information and save the invoice under an appropriate name. The template is always saved as a blank form that you can use over and over. Money's Invoice Designer allows you to design custom invoice templates. You can design one template to use for all your invoices or different templates for different purposes. 1 At the top of the screen, cli...

Format cell for negative
Hi I want the value that i type into a cell always to be negative thanks Hi, You need to adjust the format of the cell - this one for instance: -* #,##0_-;-* #,##0_-;_-* "-"_-;_-@_- Notice that the format starts with "-". Go to Format->Cells->Number and paste this format in the custom part. Cheers, Jon "es" wrote: > Hi > I want the value that i type into a cell always to be > negative > > thanks > Is there a specific Cell or range of cells on your worksheet that you want this? Or any and all cells on any Worksheet? "e...

Null in text box

Web Query For Single cells in Spreadsheet
I have a web page that I created with exceleverywhere and would like to import the data into an excel file via web query. The problem is that the web query function in excel 2003 only allows me to import tables, and not single cells. How would I go about selecting just the cells that have the updated data to import? Thanks You could import what you can to another sheet and then use an indirect formula or macro to get what you need. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "analogkid12" <analogkid12@comcast.net> wrote in message news:YUMjc.1397$kp.49445@attbi_s52...

How do I get the version number from another project in same solution?
VSTO, C#, Outlook 2007. I have two projects in a solution, MyCompany.MyAddin and MySetupInstaller. The later is a Deployment Project. If I right-click MySetupInstaller and choose Properties, I have a version number entered of 1.0.2. How can I programmatically access this from the MyCompany.MyAddin project so I can display it in our Help, About form? TIA Mark B wrote: > VSTO, C#, Outlook 2007. > > I have two projects in a solution, MyCompany.MyAddin and > MySetupInstaller. The later is a Deployment Project. > > If I right-click MySetupInstaller...

Re: Using Text Styles

RE: How do I: enter a checkmark symbol in a cell by clicking on i
hi, Column D2:I1301. Excel should not allow more than 3 ticks for a particular E.No. Regards, Jimmy Hi Jimmy: Specifically, what columns do you want the user to be able to enter checkmarks. -- Gary's Student ...

Blank cells in line charts
I have my tables which are reguarly added too but it is a pain going through the 20 odd charts updating the data range. What i'd like to do is just select a huge area for the data range so i don't have to touch it again and the charts would auto update. The problem is i have told it to ignore blank cells but it still creates them on the chart space. Is there any way to select a heap of cells but have it completely ignore the empty ones until there is data entered in them. -- bluenose ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bluenose's Profile:...

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10