If statement #10

Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current cell
has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do
nothing.

Thank you
0
Jeremy1 (115)
4/17/2006 11:06:01 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current
cell
> has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do
> nothing.
>
> Thank you
=if(a1="",o,a1)
is [basically] what you want but will most likely produce a looping error.
I had a similar scenario and was steered to Tools/Options/Iteration control.
That worked for my needs.

0
GSalisbury

* In IF Statement
Novice Excel 2003 user who knows absolutely nothing about VBA. I am trying to use an IF statement referencing "1*" in my criteria but it doesn't seem to be able to do this. I have departments "AR" in cell F1, "BSC" in F2, "Finish" in F3, and "Surface" in F4. AR is equal to 1, BSC equal to 2, Finish equal to 3, and Surface equal to 4. In B2:B29 I reference department numbers 1, 2, 3, or 4, and then a letter equal to A through V. Basically what I am looking for is a formula that will enter the department name in C2:C29 based on th...

MS Dynamics GP 10.0 SP3
Dear All Previously i've managed to successfully install Workflow on a client's live server. This is after 1-week of many support calls and emails. Now funnily enough; i'm replicating the same installation procedures on 2 virtual server images. Here's the basics Server 1 (AD/Domain Controller) ----------------------------------------- Windows Server 2003 Std Ed SQL Server 2008 GP 10.0 Server 2 (Webserver) ----------------------------------------- Windows Server 2003 Std Ed MOSS 2007 SP1 GP 10.0 - Web Services GP 10.0 - MS Sharepoint Wizard As it is; i've checked and ...

Under 10.6 -- problems opening files with "#" in the name
Hey all.. A user showed me this one and I could replicate it on my computer as well. If an Excel 04 file has a "#" in it's name -- under 10.6, if you double-click on the file, Excel 04 will launch, but not open the file. File --> Open works, though. However, if you remove the "#" from the name of the file (say the original is "123#.xls" and the change is to "123.xls" -- then the file will open via double-click. This appears to be new behavior under 10.6. The user had no problems with the #-in-the-name files under 10.5.8. I also tried t...

Statements: Numbering and then being able to apply based on state
Have a client who can have 20,000 invoices for a customer in a month. The customer only gets a statement. Would like to be able to number statements and then if the customer pays the full amount be able to pay based on the statement number. Thought about using lockbox processing to try and set up a format based on the electronic data that comes back with the check as well. But need to find if anyone has a solution for the statement numbering We created a customization for a customer about 5-6 years ago that does something like this...it was pretty involved. From what I recall, ther...

Out of Office Assistant #10
Does Outlook 2000 (I am running XP) have an Out of Office Assistant? I do not see one on my toolbar? click on your inbox then go to tools, and you will see the out of office assistant in the menu list >-----Original Message----- >Does Outlook 2000 (I am running XP) have an Out of Office >Assistant? I do not see one on my toolbar? >. > The Out of Office Assistant is only available if you are connected to an Exchange server. You can spoof the OOA using the Rules Wizard, but Outlook must be kept running in order for the rule to work. Look here for more information: http://...

If Statement inside If statement....
Hello all, I'd like to start by thanking all on this forum for the great advice and assistance you provide! Saved me more times than I can count! OK.... Here is the formula I currently have... =IF(J16="W",ABS(SUM(H16/I16)),- I16) This formula works great however in place of "ABS(SUM(H16/I16))" I need to tell it to do that if the value in H16 is negative. If H16 is positive I want it to perform "=I16*(H16/100)" I'm not sure I explained what I want clearly so I'm going to put it in words.... IF J16 is "W" then if the value in H16 is negat...

Autoformat 03-15-10
does access 2007 autoformat works with previous versions i.e. access 2003? -- Regards, Abdul Shakeel Abdul, The database has to be in 2007 format to use that action. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Abdul Shakeel" <AbdulShakeel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:673675AA-EA16-40F9-89E6-DB43738B05DE@microsoft.com... does access 2007 autoformat works with previous versions i.e. access 200...

Windows live mail 04-29-10
When I try to forward to mult. addresses I get an error 0x800CCC69. How do I fix this -- Dave That's not the complete error message. Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:760D8183-31E0-4EC3-AE90-C4806B8A03D2@microsoft.com... > When I try to forward to mult. addresses I get an...

Can I create a statement from a spreadsheet
I have created a spreadsheet of 90 people going on a trip for our school showing the amount of the trip and each payment and six or seven payments with check numbers. I also have their current balance. Would I be able to print a statement of their account? The short answer is "yes". However, the best method of doing this, depending on how your data is arranged, is probably to use the XL sheet as a data source for a data merge in Word. In article <2EAF704F-6D0D-4C68-BDF7-EEA5F38EB85E@microsoft.com>, pfb99 <pfb99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have crea...

IF OR Statements
Anybody know how to write a formula for a statement involving "if" and "or" statements such as: if (cell x=? and (cell y=? or cell z=?)) then cell Q=? or blank In general terms: =IF(AND(X=?,OR(Y=?,Z=?)),?,"") This formula would have to be in cell Q An example with actual cells: =IF(AND(A1=10,OR(A2=15,A3=20)),100,"") This formula must be in the cell to which the result should be returned. A formula can't "reach out" and put a value in another cell; it just returns a value to the cell that has the formula. Please note th...

excell #10
Hello, Iam trying very hard to find a fourmula in order to calculate holiday for my employees. The problem is as follow... If they are in the company for less than 2 years they are entitle to 20 days between the 1st of January and the 31st of december If they are in the company between 2 and 5 years they are entitle to 22 days from their anniversary date. If they are in the company for more than 5 years they are entitle to 25 days from their anniversary date. My problem is to take in consideration their anniversary date (ex starting date the 15 of march 2000 how many holidays does this perso...

microsoft office home and student 2007 01-07-10
successfully installed Microsoft office home and student 2007 on my destop pc but have been unable to install on my laptop i would appreciate any help "mommagrito" <mommagrito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF459DD3-1516-4DF5-906F-BD0B3F8D37E9@microsoft.com... > successfully installed Microsoft office home and student 2007 on my destop > pc > but have been unable to install on my laptop i would appreciate any help What happens when you try? Did you uninstall any Trial version and Activation assistant? Is the CD/DVD drive in worki...

Windows Live Mail 01-27-10
Got WL mail set-up. I use Mail Washer Pro to scan my e-mails for spam, etc, then when I click on process mail, it deletes spam and fwds my good mail to my mail acct. It used to be Outlook Express, but with my new computer I'm forced to use Windows Live mail. I set-up my acct in WL Mail but when Mail Washer sends it to my WL acct, Windows Live opens but nothing is there except my acct name. No mail. If I click on any of the items in the left pane, nothing happens. If I click on Sync and default acct, I get the message "host ----- could not be found". How do I correct...

Due Date in Statement of accounts??
Hi , Can i print the sales statement of account showing the DUE DATE ? If yes, kindly please help me to create the field. Thanks in advance. ...

Statement Line Items not purging off statement
I have a few customer statements that although payments and returns have been applied to invoices and paid in full are not purging off their statement?? There are a few different ways to achieve this outcome. This method is when NOT using National Accounts. I find most customers do not want to run the Paid Transaction Removal process too soon, in case of voids and credits are required. We modify the RM Statement and add a cacluated field to supress the body when the current transaction amount is zero. First step is to link the RM Open File to the RM_Statements_TRX_Temp, us...

If statement- formula
Well I'm stumped again. If close!ag2:ag19999 contains "xyz" enter contents of close!ag2:ag19999, otherwise enter contents of close!ae2:ae19999 thanx, ~Julz Hi what do you mean with 'enter contents'?. Do you want to add them? If yes try =SUMIF(close!ag2:ag19999,"xyz",close!ag2:ag19999)+SUMIF(close!ag2:ag199 99,"<>xyz",close!ae2:ae19999) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Julz wrote: > Well I'm stumped again. > > If close!ag2:ag19999 contains "xyz" enter contents of > close!ag2:ag19999, otherwise enter cont...

Details in statement
One of my employees' turned something on in store operations to show details on every statement I print I need to turn it off how? ...

No Unread Statements, but Statements to read?
Hi, After I download my statements from Fidelity and another similar institution, I get a page with the results of the download. At the top is a caption which tells me how many unread statements I have. There is a column to the left labeled Unread which may have an arrow pointing to one or more statements. Sometimes, even though the page caption says their are no unread statements, there are arrows in the Unread column to one or more accounts, and occasionally, there are in fact transactions when I review the individual account. Is this contradiction a minor bug in Money 2004, or is it tell...

IF statement
Need help with an IF statement. If cell B25 has either 25 or -25, I need cell d7 to return the value of 3 Thank You James, In D7..... =IF(ABS(B25)=25,3,"") John "James Beam" <jimbeam27@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:lShVb.15586$F23.13831@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net... > Need help with an IF statement. > > If cell B25 has either 25 or -25, I need cell d7 to return the value of 3 > > > > Thank You > > Try this in D7: =3*(MOD(B25,25)=0) -- HTH, RD ------------------------------------------------------------------...

Autocomplete Data Validation Combo Box 01-10-10
Greetings, I refer to the code in http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal11.html for auto-completion of data validation using a combo box. Would it be possible to modify the code to achieve the following: 1. Call up the combo box on single click instead of a double click 2. If I enter a value in the cell which is not available in the list, it is accepted. Also, an incorrect value can be pasted into the cell. Can incorrect input (either by direct input or copy / paste) be prevented. Thanks ...

Can DMax Statement be added to Where Statement?
On a data entry form for entering data from paper "field" forms, we want to record the paper's "line numbers" for the rows. It is very handy to have the DefaultValue for the Line Number field be incremented automatically, so that only in rare cases does the field need to be dealt with by the person doing the data entry. Allen Browne's CD Library database example gave me a framework learn from that helped me to get this code working: Private Sub Form_Current() Dim strWhere As String If Me.Parent.NewRecord Then Me![txtLine].DefaultValue = 1 El...

Is there a limit to number of successive IF-THEN statements?
I am listing a number of deliverables, and want the deadlines for those deliverables to automatically appear in the next column (I have the deadlines on a tab named "Lists"). Unless I am misunderstanding something, there is a limit of 7 successive IF-THEN statements you can use. Here is my IF-THEN formula: =IF(E4="User Guide",'Lists'!D4,IF(E4="Installation",'Lists'!D5,IF(E4="HW Upgrade",'Lists'!D3,IF(E4="Maintenance",'Lists'!D6,IF(E4="RAS Trouble",'Lists'!D3,IF(E4="Online Help"...

objectdatasource 01-31-10
I really like the objectdata source with one notable exception. When doing an update, a new() object is created and the bound values on the form used to set its properties with all other properties set to default values. I would like to be able to override the object creation step and provide a copy of the original object to be updated such that all values are set not just those that were bound on the form. As far as I can tell there is no way to do this - am I missing something and this is possible ? Gerry Hi Gerry, From your description, I understand that you wan...

Report 04-19-10
Hey! First, sorry my bad English! I have created a results page of a report in Access 2007. I want to make a mark AFTER the first third of the report. So if there are 33 participants, I would like it to be characterized by the eleventh. Is this possible in a report? Hope someone can help me with this! Assuming you have a control named "Mark" that you want to make visible.... Add a text box to the Report Header section: Name: txtCountAll Control Source: =Count(*) Add a text box to the detail section: Name: txtRunCount Control Source: =1 Running Sum: Ove...

emailing earnings statements
I have a client with approximately 240 employees and he has been asked to email the earnings statements to all his employees. is there a way to configure this in GP or is there a third party product that will accomplish this? Thanks -- Paula Check out Integrity Data. I have worked with them in the past. http://www.integrity-data.com/ Andy "Paula" wrote: > I have a client with approximately 240 employees and he has been asked to > email the earnings statements to all his employees. is there a way to > configure this in GP or is there a third ...