If Function help #2

I have what should be a simple IF then formula, which is copied below,
where both criteria must be met: Z9 must be true and S9 must = COS.
Any assistance why this isn't working would be greatly appreciated.

=IF(AND(Z9=TRUE,S9="COS"),B9,"N/A")

Thanks!

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
What is contained in Z9?
Maybe you need
 =IF(AND(Z9,S9="COS"),B9,"N/A")

--
Regards

Roger Govier

<mansfieldtw@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have what should be a simple IF then formula, which is copied below,
> where both criteria must be met: Z9 must be true and S9 must = COS.
> Any assistance why this isn't working would be greatly appreciated.
>
> =IF(AND(Z9=TRUE,S9="COS"),B9,"N/A")
>
> Thanks!

0
roger5293 (1125)
5/4/2007 8:32:33 PM
Try:

=IF((Z9=TRUE)*(S9="COS")=1,B9,"N/A")

Kind regards,
Erny

On 4 May 2007 13:09:31 -0700, "mansfieldtw@gmail.com" <mansfieldtw@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I have what should be a simple IF then formula, which is copied below,
>where both criteria must be met: Z9 must be true and S9 must = COS.
>Any assistance why this isn't working would be greatly appreciated.
>
>=IF(AND(Z9=TRUE,S9="COS"),B9,"N/A")
>
>Thanks!

Your formula works as I would expect it to work.

So I guess the problem is either in your data, your understanding of that data,
or in your concept of what "isn't working" really means.

Since you chose to post none of that, it would be difficult to give you more
assistance.
--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
5/4/2007 8:37:53 PM
On May 4, 4:32 pm, "Roger Govier" <r...@technologyNOSPAM4u.co.uk>
wrote:
> Hi
> What is contained in Z9?
> Maybe you need
>  =IF(AND(Z9,S9="COS"),B9,"N/A")
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Roger Govier
>
> <mansfiel...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I have what should be a simple IF then formula, which is copied below,
> > where both criteria must be met: Z9 must be true and S9 must = COS.
> > Any assistance why this isn't working would be greatly appreciated.
>
> > =IF(AND(Z9=TRUE,S9="COS"),B9,"N/A")
>
> > Thanks!

Z9 simply had a true/false formula.  Erny's suggested formula worked.
Thank you both!!!!

Time scale axis should be available in PivotChart Report. #2
We should be able to time scale the X axis in PivotChart Reports. Pivot Charts are very usefull. I don't see any good reason to lose the time scale propety while doing a PivotChart Report. ...

ROUND Function with other function
Hi, I have this formula: =IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8) and the results shows me for example: +11.6 but what I really want t show is +12. I've been trying to put the "Round" function at a few places in th formula but it doesn't work. The closest I got was with this formula: =ROUND(IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8),0) where it showed me 12, without the "+" sign before.... Can anyone help me ? Thank -- Outapi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Outapin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...

Returning a range from an inner function
I have a range of data, which has had the DOLLAR() function performed on it. I would like to get the total of this range using the SUM() function. doing SUM(F1:F4) will not work, so I need to convert the data into values that will work. The VALUE() function is perfect for converting the data into values that will work for SUM(), but the formula SUM(VALUE(F1:F4)) does not work because VALUE() will not accept a range as a parameter (and also does not return a range). I need to perform the VALUE() function on each cell before submitting it to SUM(). There must be some way to do this, cons...

Reply to email from 2 different domains?
I have exchange configured to receive mail for 2 domains. I added the second domain by simply setting MX records to my server and modifiying recipient properties. Can anyone think of a way that I can send and reply to emails so they will appear to come from the appropriate domain? Currently all email will come from the primary domain I set up - me@domain1.com. I would like to be able to optionally send and reply to email as me@domain2.com. I tried using the 'From:' field and typing the address manually, but it always bounces with a message like: You do not hav...

Indexing #2
I was searching for something in Outlook and not getting any results. The computer popped up with a download from microsoft that would improve my search - indexing. I did it (no laughing, I know it was stupid) and now all my messages pre-2009 are gone. I don't have a pst file. I've tried the reset indexing option in control panel and I am completely lost. I just want all my emails back and will never download anything ever again. Thank you. Jody wrote: > I was searching for something in Outlook and not getting any results. The > computer popped up with a download f...

ANN: Database Workbench 4.0.2 released
Ladies, gentlemen, Upscene Productions is proud to announce the next version of the popular multi-DBMS development tool: " Database Workbench 4.0.2 Pro " Version 4 introduced full Unicode support, 4.0.2 fixes some issues found in that initial release, like ODBC connectivity issues, BLOBs taking too much memory, the ability to specify file encoding when saving SQL & Scripts and several other errors. For a full list of fixes in version 4.0.2 and previous versions, see: http://www.upscene.com/go/?go=tracker&v=4.0.2&id=1 http://www.upscene.com/go/?go=tracker...

.NET Runtime 2.0 Error
Hi there, Never had a problem with this before, so I'm guessing it must be one of the latest Windows Updates that has done it... We are using Business Contacts Manager on our SBS2003 server..., and have a single central shared database... When I run up Outlook and select Business Tools, Share Database, then add the new users, by ticking the boxes, it fails... This is the error reported in the Event Viewer... Event Type: Information Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting Event Category: None Event ID: 5001 Date: 02/10/2006 Time: 17:37:28 User: N/A Computer: WARNESLOGIN1 Desc...

JustifyString function problem
Hi, I'm using the "JustifyString" function (from Stephan Lebans) to right justify three columns in a ListBox. Two of them are working fine ... one's a simple number (long integer) and the other's currency. The third causes an Access 2003 crash! That third column is a long integer which is a link to the autonumber field in another table. Both tables are in the query as I need columns from both tables in the ListBox. If I change the JustifyString to reference the autonumber field in the other table, I still get an Access crash. I didn't review the Access er...

help 05-20-04
we recently changed to access 2002 and since then im having the following problem. i have a query that i opened in design view and added a field too it, which it worked fine, i can view my results but when i try to save the query with my changes it closes me out of the database entirely. When i re-open the databasethe changes are not saved? can anyone explain this? Hello, Your query or database may be corrupted. Do you get the same problem in other queries? If you don't then just create a new query? If you do, then create a new database and import all the objects (such as t...

Help Conditional Formatting
Help: I'm using conditional formatting on some cells to highlight particular values. The conditional formatting on 2003 only allows 3 levels of conditional formatting. Anyone know if there is a way to increase the number of levels? Thanks for any advice. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond Hi conditional format only accepts 3 conditions though you have a fourth if you include the default format. If you only want to apply different FONT colors based on NUMBERS, you can define up to 6 different styles. See: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html for instructions how to do...

Subform help for a case management database
Hi I have a case management database where there is one main form and a subform. The subform is a tab control (with 5 tabs). Within each tab control is a subform which also consists of a tab control. The key for the database is the StudentID. What I want to do is to be able to see all the subforms for a particular student. So if I choose to see all the pertinent information collected for Student01 (aka John Smith), when I navigate through the subform, only John's information will appear. The Subform has a tabcontrol based on themes. For each theme, the tabcontrol ...

automating functions
I am a complete novice at CRM 1.2, but want to be able to create, for example, a workflow process that will monitor the CSR's and the queues and automatically assign a new case to the least busy CSR. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Jim Please tell me what I would have to do and with what tools in order to create such a workflow process. "jmb" wrote: > I am a complete novice at CRM 1.2, but want to be able to create, for > example, a workflow process that will monitor the CSR's and the queues and > automatically assign a new case to the lea...

Returning a CHAR[] from a function
I have the following function that returns the path of where the program was run from. However I cant seem to return the butter as a CHAR. The code works if I use it in a procedure but not where I need to return the variable CHAR buffer. char CAutoRunDlg::GetProgramPath(void) { char buffer[_MAX_PATH]; //declares maimum path //opens window maximized //_getcwd(,)gets the current working directory // #include <direct.h> //needed for current working directory /* Get the current working directory: */ if( _getcwd( buffer, _MAX_PATH ) == NULL ) perror( "_getcwd error" )...

query help 04-14-10
using sql server 2005 sp3 32 bit i have a table that looks like this (pseudo coded) create table test (id int, parentid int, path varchar(200)) insert into test select 1, null, '/1/' insert into test select 2, 1, '/1/2/' insert into test select 3, 2, '/1/2/3/' insert into test select 4, null, '/4/' insert into test select 5, 4, '/4/5/' insert into test select 6, 5, '/4/5/6/' I need to produce a table that is flattened like this parentid, id null 1 1 2 1 3 2 3 null 4 4 5 4 ...

OWA development #2
Dear Sirs, I have a web page with the code shown below, I am trying to display items of a public folder called testEFS, I copied this code mainly from the Exchange SDK, but I am still not able to publish this page. Should it be published in a public folder or on the IIS? Since whenever I run the page I receive the custom error "You are not authorized to view this page.". After being able to display the items in that Public Folder I would like to search the through it accoding to specific criteria. ______________________________________________________________________ <html...

Turning Off Error Reporting using API Functions and VB
We want to automatically turn off the error reporting options using Windows API functions for the following functions area Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, the Advanced tab and Error Reporting (at the bottom of the screen), which launches the Error Reporting screen. Another way to get to that screen: Open My Computer, right-click on Properties, click on Advanced tab and Error Reporting. Any assistance would be welcome. It's not a program's call. It's the user's decision. --=20 -------------------------------------------------------------------------= --...

help. rotation shift pattern
Hi all please help. I am trying to rotate a shift pattern of 10 people. all names rotate down the list at the end of every week. How do i set up so when i put a date / week number in it shows me the list of names in the correct order. Please help regards Paul Perhaps one way .. experiment with this set-up .. In a sheet: Names ----------------------- Create a lookup table: Put in A1: Name1, copy down to A10 Enter the names of the 10 people in B1:B10, viz in A1:A10 .. Name1 John Name2 Mary Name3 Gina Name4 Robert Name5 Peter Name6 Sergio Name7 Jimmy Name8 Debra Name9 Dill Name10 Dave ...

Multiple Accounts #2
I'm using Outlook 2002 as my email client, but would like to share this with other members of the family. Is it possible to set up Outlook (like Outlook Express) to require a login name and password, and therefore stop my email messages being deleted! TIA, Pete Outlook uses Profiles, not identities. Take a look at this MS KB article, it may help: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q287/0/72.asp -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Night Owl" <peter-newsgroups@slinky-computing.com> wrote in message news:%23$gXvnznDHA.2272@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'...

Complex functions
Hi All, Suppose you have a very complex and long function that is also subject to a condition, then you will/can have something like: =if(condition(complex function), complex function, other complex function) It can have more lines in the formula bar, so readability below 0 Kelvin. Is there a way to 'name' a function? =If(condition(myfunc = complex function), myfunc, other complex function) With kind regards, JP Yes you can put a formula into an Excel Name (the same as you can give a range an Excel Name. Very powerful it can be too. Do a Google fo...

Match Function
Hi, I have put together a spreadsheet to find codes, states, descriptions. It finds the data by dates. Columns are: Dates, Codes, States, Descriptions If I put in a date it matches the code, state and description. My problem is that if I have 2 dates that are the same it will only match the first date it can find. What kind of formula do I need so that it will output the second or third date data. Thanks for your help. If you need a copy of the spreadsheet please let me know. How many rows of data do you have? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Melanie" <Melanie@discussio...

If Function Function
okay. So I am trying to workout a formula to compute a commision earning. Basically, if X amount of new business is made, then X*Y (corresponding Commision rate percentage), but if new business =<X, then X*Y (Commision rate percentage that is true). Problem is, it's super confusing...anyone have any suggestions? See if this helps: http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/variablerate.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "aetejada" <aetejada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA4E55F7-9435-4BB6-837A-416A59BB72A0@microsoft.com... > okay. So I am...

PivotChart, 2 primary, 1 secondary axis
Hi there, I am trying to get 2 sets of data to appear on the primary axis as an area chart, and one set of data to appear on the secondary axis as a line chart. Is this possible? I can do 1 and 1, but I really need 2 and 1 to show all the information needed. thx ...

timing a function
Good Morning All, I've writen an MFC C++ application, under VC++6.0 . How can I check how much time it takes for a specific function to complete? I need to know how many miliseconds one of my function call takes. Thanks very much in advance, Dudu Arbel If your accuracy requirement is in ms - use GetTickCount. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "dududuil" <dududuil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0167B90-33D2-4A4F-A73D-DC4EBEF81946@microsoft.com... > Good Morning All, > > I've writen an MFC C++ ...

Sharepoint and Microsoft CRM help
Has anyone used sharepoint as an external facing portal with CRM data? We are trying to create portal sites for external customers, partners and service providers using Sharepoint, however we seem to be running into a couple of issues around the architecture of this. We need to do something similiar to the e-service accelerator however this needs to be done with SharePoint. Thanks in advance Hi: yes you can certainly do this, it just requires building out the SharePoint sites. If you're running MOSS you might also want to take a look at InfoPath and Forms Services... John. "...

Changing Field Names #2
Hi All, Is there a way to change the existing Dynamics GP field names (not User-Defined). eg: From menu, go to Cards -> Inventory -> Item trying to change the field called "List Price" to read "Average Price" We have used up all the available user-defined fields in "Options". Any help, ideas or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks Do you have the Modifier module registered? You can edit the string resource itself and change it to Average Price. This will change all occurences of that string through the entire application. Or you can modify the ...