If Function. #2

I have two cells in my spreadsheet which have information. One or the other
should have a number, text or whatever, but not both of them. What I want is
to create an if function to light up a specified cell with these arrows ← ← ←
←, if both of them have data in them and to remain blank if only one of them
has data.
0
Gem (42)
3/12/2009 6:01:03 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try a formula of

=AND(A1<>"",A2<>"")

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"GEM" <GEM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two cells in my spreadsheet which have information. One or the other
> should have a number, text or whatever, but not both of them. What I want
> is
> to create an if function to light up a specified cell with these arrows ?
> ? ?
> ?, if both of them have data in them and to remain blank if only one of
> them
> has data.

0
BobNGs (423)
3/12/2009 6:08:06 PM
Thank you!!!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> Try a formula of
>
> =AND(A1<>"",A2<>"")
>
> --
> __________________________________
> HTH
>
> Bob
>
> "GEM" <GEM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have two cells in my spreadsheet which have information. One or the other
> > should have a number, text or whatever, but not both of them. What I want
> > is
> > to create an if function to light up a specified cell with these arrows ?
> > ? ?
> > ?, if both of them have data in them and to remain blank if only one of
> > them
> > has data.

0
Gem (42)

Time scale axis should be available in PivotChart Report. #2
We should be able to time scale the X axis in PivotChart Reports. Pivot Charts are very usefull. I don't see any good reason to lose the time scale propety while doing a PivotChart Report. ...

ROUND Function with other function
Hi, I have this formula: =IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8) and the results shows me for example: +11.6 but what I really want t show is +12. I've been trying to put the "Round" function at a few places in th formula but it doesn't work. The closest I got was with this formula: =ROUND(IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8),0) where it showed me 12, without the "+" sign before.... Can anyone help me ? Thank -- Outapi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Outapin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...

Show actual values added instead of cell references? (=A1+A4 shows as =10+2 in cell)
Is this even possible? I have the following: A1 =A2 (Shows result of 10) A2 10 A3 A4 =A5 (Shows Result of 2) A5 2 A7 =10+2 (Shows result of 27) Is there a way to show the formula in A7 as =10+2 instead of having it =A2+A5 ??? Thanks a bunch! On Dec 29, 1:24=A0pm, Naji <najisaa...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is this even possible? > > I have the following: > > A1 =A0=3DA2 (Shows result of 10) > A2 =A010 > A3 > A4 =3DA5 (Shows Result of 2) > A5 2 > > A7 =3D10+2 (Shows result of 27) > > Is there a way to show the formula in A7...

Returning a range from an inner function
I have a range of data, which has had the DOLLAR() function performed on it. I would like to get the total of this range using the SUM() function. doing SUM(F1:F4) will not work, so I need to convert the data into values that will work. The VALUE() function is perfect for converting the data into values that will work for SUM(), but the formula SUM(VALUE(F1:F4)) does not work because VALUE() will not accept a range as a parameter (and also does not return a range). I need to perform the VALUE() function on each cell before submitting it to SUM(). There must be some way to do this, cons...

ANN: Database Workbench 4.0.2 released
Ladies, gentlemen, Upscene Productions is proud to announce the next version of the popular multi-DBMS development tool: " Database Workbench 4.0.2 Pro " Version 4 introduced full Unicode support, 4.0.2 fixes some issues found in that initial release, like ODBC connectivity issues, BLOBs taking too much memory, the ability to specify file encoding when saving SQL & Scripts and several other errors. For a full list of fixes in version 4.0.2 and previous versions, see: http://www.upscene.com/go/?go=tracker&v=4.0.2&id=1 http://www.upscene.com/go/?go=tracker...

.NET Runtime 2.0 Error
Hi there, Never had a problem with this before, so I'm guessing it must be one of the latest Windows Updates that has done it... We are using Business Contacts Manager on our SBS2003 server..., and have a single central shared database... When I run up Outlook and select Business Tools, Share Database, then add the new users, by ticking the boxes, it fails... This is the error reported in the Event Viewer... Event Type: Information Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting Event Category: None Event ID: 5001 Date: 02/10/2006 Time: 17:37:28 User: N/A Computer: WARNESLOGIN1 Desc...

Reply to email from 2 different domains?
I have exchange configured to receive mail for 2 domains. I added the second domain by simply setting MX records to my server and modifiying recipient properties. Can anyone think of a way that I can send and reply to emails so they will appear to come from the appropriate domain? Currently all email will come from the primary domain I set up - me@domain1.com. I would like to be able to optionally send and reply to email as me@domain2.com. I tried using the 'From:' field and typing the address manually, but it always bounces with a message like: You do not hav...

Indexing #2
I was searching for something in Outlook and not getting any results. The computer popped up with a download from microsoft that would improve my search - indexing. I did it (no laughing, I know it was stupid) and now all my messages pre-2009 are gone. I don't have a pst file. I've tried the reset indexing option in control panel and I am completely lost. I just want all my emails back and will never download anything ever again. Thank you. Jody wrote: > I was searching for something in Outlook and not getting any results. The > computer popped up with a download f...

JustifyString function problem
Hi, I'm using the "JustifyString" function (from Stephan Lebans) to right justify three columns in a ListBox. Two of them are working fine ... one's a simple number (long integer) and the other's currency. The third causes an Access 2003 crash! That third column is a long integer which is a link to the autonumber field in another table. Both tables are in the query as I need columns from both tables in the ListBox. If I change the JustifyString to reference the autonumber field in the other table, I still get an Access crash. I didn't review the Access er...

automating functions
I am a complete novice at CRM 1.2, but want to be able to create, for example, a workflow process that will monitor the CSR's and the queues and automatically assign a new case to the least busy CSR. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Jim Please tell me what I would have to do and with what tools in order to create such a workflow process. "jmb" wrote: > I am a complete novice at CRM 1.2, but want to be able to create, for > example, a workflow process that will monitor the CSR's and the queues and > automatically assign a new case to the lea...

Displaying images #2
How do I display an image on a button in MFC? >How do I display an image on a button in MFC? CButton::SetBitmap/CButton::SetIcon. Dave You can use CBitmapButton in addition to suggestion by David. If you want image and text on the button, you will need to owner draw it. There are several useful examples here: http://www.codeproject.com/buttonctrl/ --------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Returning a CHAR[] from a function
I have the following function that returns the path of where the program was run from. However I cant seem to return the butter as a CHAR. The code works if I use it in a procedure but not where I need to return the variable CHAR buffer. char CAutoRunDlg::GetProgramPath(void) { char buffer[_MAX_PATH]; //declares maimum path //opens window maximized //_getcwd(,)gets the current working directory // #include <direct.h> //needed for current working directory /* Get the current working directory: */ if( _getcwd( buffer, _MAX_PATH ) == NULL ) perror( "_getcwd error" )...

OWA development #2
Dear Sirs, I have a web page with the code shown below, I am trying to display items of a public folder called testEFS, I copied this code mainly from the Exchange SDK, but I am still not able to publish this page. Should it be published in a public folder or on the IIS? Since whenever I run the page I receive the custom error "You are not authorized to view this page.". After being able to display the items in that Public Folder I would like to search the through it accoding to specific criteria. ______________________________________________________________________ <html...

Turning Off Error Reporting using API Functions and VB
We want to automatically turn off the error reporting options using Windows API functions for the following functions area Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, the Advanced tab and Error Reporting (at the bottom of the screen), which launches the Error Reporting screen. Another way to get to that screen: Open My Computer, right-click on Properties, click on Advanced tab and Error Reporting. Any assistance would be welcome. It's not a program's call. It's the user's decision. --=20 -------------------------------------------------------------------------= --...

Complex functions
Hi All, Suppose you have a very complex and long function that is also subject to a condition, then you will/can have something like: =if(condition(complex function), complex function, other complex function) It can have more lines in the formula bar, so readability below 0 Kelvin. Is there a way to 'name' a function? =If(condition(myfunc = complex function), myfunc, other complex function) With kind regards, JP Yes you can put a formula into an Excel Name (the same as you can give a range an Excel Name. Very powerful it can be too. Do a Google fo...

Multiple Accounts #2
I'm using Outlook 2002 as my email client, but would like to share this with other members of the family. Is it possible to set up Outlook (like Outlook Express) to require a login name and password, and therefore stop my email messages being deleted! TIA, Pete Outlook uses Profiles, not identities. Take a look at this MS KB article, it may help: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q287/0/72.asp -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Night Owl" <peter-newsgroups@slinky-computing.com> wrote in message news:%23$gXvnznDHA.2272@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'...

Match Function
Hi, I have put together a spreadsheet to find codes, states, descriptions. It finds the data by dates. Columns are: Dates, Codes, States, Descriptions If I put in a date it matches the code, state and description. My problem is that if I have 2 dates that are the same it will only match the first date it can find. What kind of formula do I need so that it will output the second or third date data. Thanks for your help. If you need a copy of the spreadsheet please let me know. How many rows of data do you have? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Melanie" <Melanie@discussio...

Urgent #2
I work at Motorola as a Desktop support guy. Please help me with this specific issue.The messaging interface has returned as unknown error.If the problem persitsclose out look and restart. I can't delete or move anything on my personal folder.I really appreciate it. Thank you. probably your PST file is damaged, try SCANPST (c:\program files\common files\system\mapi\1033) to repair your file. If SCANPST does not help you have the following options: - find PSTUPG19 using google and try to repair the file with this app - try to export your file into a new file or at least parts of it o...

Invoice template #2
I am clueless when it comes to Excel. I need to know how to create an invoice. Please help. Thanks. Hi DP! You should be able to find an invoice template in your Microsoft\Office\Template\1033 directory if you used the default set up for installing Excel (at least that's where mine ended up with xl2000). It is called invoice.xlt, and will automatically create a new invoice for you, that is fairly user friendly. HTH >-----Original Message----- >I am clueless when it comes to Excel. I need to know how >to create an invoice. Please help. Thanks. >. > ...

If Function Function
okay. So I am trying to workout a formula to compute a commision earning. Basically, if X amount of new business is made, then X*Y (corresponding Commision rate percentage), but if new business =<X, then X*Y (Commision rate percentage that is true). Problem is, it's super confusing...anyone have any suggestions? See if this helps: http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/variablerate.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "aetejada" <aetejada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA4E55F7-9435-4BB6-837A-416A59BB72A0@microsoft.com... > okay. So I am...

Outlook 2002 Change Password function
I want users to be able to change password from the Outlook Login Page, but it does noet seem to work. Outlook 2002 Sp1 and Windows Server 2003 (AD) and Exchange 2003 SP1 Important: Outlook client is not member of the domain... There are not many Microsoft Articles about this. Anyone? -- Regards, Menko den Ouden Netherlands Menko den Ouden schreef in deze nieuwsgroep op 23-6-2005 15:28: > I want users to be able to change password from the Outlook Login Page, but > it does noet seem to work. > > Outlook 2002 Sp1 and Windows Server 2003 (AD) and Exchange 2003 SP1 > ...

DateDiff function throwing error in Where clause
I have a set of queries that generate dates and want to use DateDiff to select those records with certain dates are greater than others. The following clause keeps giving me an incompatible data type error: WHERE DateDiff('d',[From date],[DatumStvoreni])>0 I have the exact expression in the SELECT clause and it show positive and negative integers just fine, but when I add this test, I get the error. There are no bad values in the dataset, I've looked, and when I export the DateDiff column to a temp table and run a query on that, it works fine. Only when I use t...

PivotChart, 2 primary, 1 secondary axis
Hi there, I am trying to get 2 sets of data to appear on the primary axis as an area chart, and one set of data to appear on the secondary axis as a line chart. Is this possible? I can do 1 and 1, but I really need 2 and 1 to show all the information needed. thx ...

timing a function
Good Morning All, I've writen an MFC C++ application, under VC++6.0 . How can I check how much time it takes for a specific function to complete? I need to know how many miliseconds one of my function call takes. Thanks very much in advance, Dudu Arbel If your accuracy requirement is in ms - use GetTickCount. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "dududuil" <dududuil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0167B90-33D2-4A4F-A73D-DC4EBEF81946@microsoft.com... > Good Morning All, > > I've writen an MFC C++ ...

.net passport #2
Somehow I have this silly net.passport login id to open my Money files. I don't want a password/passport, ANYTHING, to get into Money and I don't know to get it off. Also, somehow, all of a sudden, after years of using Money, it won't let me in at all, says my log in name is not associated with my file and I can't use my Money program. Help! And I don't even know who to call for help! In microsoft.public.money, cam wrote: >Somehow I have this silly net.passport login id to open >my Money files. I don't want a password/passport, >ANYTHING, to get...