Icon Sets Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007

So, I want to be able to use the Icon Sets in conditional formatting
with text values. I bet there are a bunch of other people out there
that would like to have the text "green", "yellow" or "red" converted
to the appropriate stoplight icon, but I cannot figure out how to make
this work. Is it possible?
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Excel 2007
Icons
Maybe not quite what you wanted...
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dytjrggnxbm/09_26_09.xlsx
On Sep 26, 9:27=A0am, Herbert Seidenberg <herbds7-ms...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Excel 2007
> Icons
> Maybe not quite what you wanted...http://www.mediafire.com/file/dytjrggnx=
bm/09_26_09.xlsx

That's pretty slick, Herbert, but I don't get it. How is it you have a
numeric value in the cell, but it shows with the stoplight icon and
text?
On Sep 25, 5:12=A0pm, peedub <pat.whit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I want to be able to use the Icon Sets in conditional formatting
> with text values. I bet there are a bunch of other people out there
> that would like to have the text "green", "yellow" or "red" converted
> to the appropriate stoplight icon, but I cannot figure out how to make
> this work. Is it possible?

Sorry - I forgot to specify that I am using Excel 2K7. If OS matters,
it's on Vista.

Bulk update send restrictions
Hi all, I'm trying to bulk update users 'Maximum Recipients' for all mailboxes in a certain database, I've cobbled together some powershell commands but they don't appear to work... which isn't suprising as I haven't got my head around powershell yet! Can anyone point me in the right direction? My current command is: Get-user -ResultSize Unlimited | where-object {$_.database -eq "BES-X07-SVR\Student Database"} | set-mailbox -RecipientLimits 5 It doesn't give errors, but just doesn't appear to do anything! I also need to do something similar...

conditional formatting help please 07-19-07
Hello, I am having trouble using the conditional formatting. I want the background of the "End Date" to turn red when the "Start Date" is entered and then for the red background to go away after an "End Date" is entered. I used the expression ("Start Time" Is Not Null) and that made my background red but I can't seem to figure out how to get the red background go away. I tried a couple of diffrent expression like setting another condition ("End Time" Is Not Null) but it didn't work. Can some please help me find the right express...

Trying to understand Pop3 Settings on Exchange 2003
I=92m trying to understand pop3 and Exchange 2003. I'm no expert at any of this so bare with me. When I look at the 2003 Exchange System Manager, If you go to /Servers/MyExchange/Protocals/Pop3 folder. When I double click on the pop3 I get a mailbox showing Default pop3 Virtual Server When I right click on that and go into properties then advanced I see TCP port 110 and SSL port 995 (see picture here) http://yfrog.com/3zexchangepop3interfacep The confusing for me is how clients are suppose to be set up. When I click the advanced tab on the outlook express and click =9...

Gray icon from icon
Is there any system-fn to paint a given icon in grayscale? ...

Setting up CRM to recieve support@ email
Hi, I want to let my clients be able to email support requests to support@mydomain.com and have those emails appear as incidents in CRM3. Does anyone know of a clear, detailed, list of instructions on how to setup CRM to do this and what changes need to be made to any accounts etc? Thanks Olly You need to setup a queue with this email address, then "deploy" the exchange router rule to this account. the IG has the details on this. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Olly Marshall" <om@skillsearch.co.uk> wrote in message news:1141736976.163042.78420@j52g200...

how i do enable icons in excel
some of icons doesnt work like chart , scenario ... when i go to customise its appear active when i closed its back to an active how can slove this problem thanks salah If the workbook is shared Insert>Chart and Tools>Scenarios will be grayed out(unavailable). Check at Tools>Share Workbook to see if book is shared. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 03:24:07 -0700, "salah" <salah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >some of icons doesnt work like chart , scenario ... > >when i go to customise its appear active when i closed its back to an activ...

My Publisher 2003 documents don't open in Publisher 2007.
My Publisher 2003 documents will not open in Publisher 2007. For example, a 26 page document with text and pictures opens as 1 page with title only. Is there a procedure I should know? puzzled wrote: > My Publisher 2003 documents will not open in Publisher 2007. For > example, a 26 page document with text and pictures opens as 1 page > with title only. Is there a procedure I should know? ======================================== Can you open/create and view any multi-page documents in Pub2007? -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image High...

Convert from Excel and change field to Autonumber
Hi, I have an Excel file which I have opened in Access to create an access table which is fine. I am now quickly going through the fields to tweak them to what they should be but the Excel file was created from a Lotus Approach database that had a field which was autonumber. Obviously when I try to change the field in the Access database it tells me that it can not do this as there is data in the table. What is the proper procedure to do this and either make the field an autonumber field during conversion or after? -- Dan Pickard ----------------------------- Powerful Windows 2003 ...

Creating dynamic (formatted) tables
Dear all, I built a file that imports data from an external source (excel format). The code that I wrote does not only import the data but also adds additional calculated columns. One of the sheets contains data about orders to different countries, it looks something like this : Country Order_M Ord_Nr Qty Prod. TAT_act. SLA_TAT SLA_Achieved Austria jan. 04 prf001 25 pencil 12 13 yes Austria may. 04 prf002 36 paper 10 13 yes Belgium feb. 04 prf003 78 pencil 15 11 no France feb. 04 prf004 10 paper 25 11 no Fra...

looking for I-9 forms in Excel
I'm trying to find how to make an I-9 form in Excel I found a place that sells them. http://www.crystalgraphics.com/excel/hrmanagers.main.asp http://www.excelbusinesstools.com/solutions.asp?prod=109 You should stay with the governments PDF copy for legal reasons. http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-9.htm Excel is a poor choice for a form like that. You would need to make all your columns very thin. Learn shortcuts for merging and unmerging. Multiple print previews. I would put each page on a separate worksheet. Force the print area and force it to one page. It is already...

Icons and transparency
Hi guys I have 32*32 16 color icon, but I need a transparent background on it. I'm using it on a column header but I get a white background with what I thought was the transparent colour. I have used the VS7 icon editor, but it's not clear how to set the transparent colours. Any help would be most appreciated. TIA Tony In the header of which control are you trying to show the icon? Is it a list view, an owner drawn control, a third part control...? How are you loading the icon? From where the icon come from? Is it inside an image list? -- Regards Rodrigo Corral Gonz�lez...

Help With Mail Merge From Excel 2000
Hi there, I have an Excel spreadsheet containing information I would like to be able to use in a Mail Merge. I require assistance in writing a Macro that will go to the last record and then send that information into a mail merge document in MS Word. Is this even possible? Can I use Excel and Word together like that using a macro. The spreadsheet contains Fields: FirstName LastName Login Account Password Administrator Date I would like to take the last entry in the spreadsheet and then put it into a template already setup for a merge in Word. When I try this, it will only merge ever...

Setting up a macro that can be ran from any excel file.
I built a macro that I want to be able to run from any excel file I open. I think you have to save it in a "personal" workbook that is hidden, but I'm having troubles setting it up and editing it in a personal workbook. I get a message telling me to use the unhide command, but not sure where to find this. How do you create a macro to be used globally? You don't need to save your macro workbook with the personal.xls* name. You can use any name you want. In fact, I'd use a different name. Then I could share my macros with others without having it confli...

Excel, reformatting
I received a membership directory (names, addresses, phone #s, etc.) by email and it is in Excel. I need to reformat it so that it can be imported into Act!6.0 (a contact manager, or database, program). Act!6.0 only reads text delimited, dbase, csv and dbf. How do I reformat the Excel spreadsheet to one of these? "Steve M." <fortunate@centurytel.net> wrote in message news:1796201c3868e$3da13940$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I received a membership directory (names, addresses, > phone #s, etc.) by email and it is in Excel. I need to > reformat it so that it can be importe...

Public folder replication between Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010
I've just set up a new Exchange 2010 server to work with our existing Exchange 2007 servers and I'm having trouble getting public folders to replicate, although emails are flowing from 2010 to 2007 in both directions OK I've added the new 2010 exchange server to the replica list of all the public folders on the 2007 servers but they never show up on the 2010 server Similarly I've created a new public folder on the Exchange 2010 server and added the 2007 servers to the replica list but the folder never replicates The database replication timing is set to &qu...

Help with Display Setting
Hi All, I designed an Excel Spreadsheet that not only contains programmed dropdowns and checkboxes, but other text line fill ins that cannot be resized due to the current design. Because of the structure, I’m now running into problems with certain users in regards to their Display setting of 120 DPI vs. the traditional 96 DPI. When I originally developed this, I set the spreadsheet to function at 100% Zoom level based on the assumption all users were set to 96 DPI. All of the checkboxes and fill ins are dependant on this setting. Without this size, the viewing screen is decreased and s...

How to set up a daily spending sheet?
I want to set up a daily spending sheet. I want to track down to my last penny my spending habits so that, every month I can print (or view) what I did for the previous month in order to control my spending and save more. The way I envision it is that I would enter the date I spent a certain amount on a certain item. I would divide all forms of spending into categories (e.g., utilities--phone, water, electricity bills--, rent, food, cable, etc) and those categories could be even divided into subcategories to have a grand total. Can someone help me set this up? By the way, I use Exc...

Formatting Code shows up as Header when Cut/Paste from Word Document in Firefox
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Hello, <br><br>Recently, whenever I cut/paste text from a Word doc into a another document, such as e-mail, posting to an online newsletter, etc. I get a header with various streams of info at the top. In e-mail, I've just been deleting it, but I recently posted an event to an online newsletter and when it appeared online, I copied below what showed up before the text. I see it in e-mails, so I can delete it, but in this case, it never showed up as part of the preview. I've tried uninstalling/re-installing Firefox. H...

Is there an "expand all" icon for the "by sender" view?
Wow, was playing around with all the views this morning and came across the "by sender" one. It could be super fantastic. It's not good as it is now as the default mode doesn't help much, and I couldn't seem to find it, but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to where the "expand all" feature for it. Thanks so much! ...

Installing Excel Feature ?
Lately, every time I open one of my XLS spreadsheets, Excel pops up a Windows Installer window that says "Installing Excel Feature". Although it finishes normally and my spreadsheet opens, I am annoyed by the repeated delay. Why does it need to install this feature (whatever it is) every time? How can I find out what feature it's talking about, and get it to stay installed once and for all? I'm running Excel 2003 SP3 under Windows XP SP3. - Rich I've never seen the problem but suspect there is a problem with a registry key. http://www.theofficeexperts.com/exce...

copy a from a cell to another with desired format
hi all i need to make this copy.. aWS.Range("L80").Value = aWS.Range("J80").Value but with format with 4 decimals... can anybody help ? tx! paolo Assuming you want numeric: aWS.Range("L80").Value = aWS.Range("J80").Value aWS.Range("L80").NumberFormat = CDbl("#,##0.0000") But Excel will clip all zeros on the right of any digit of value. "pls123" <pls123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D648189E-8645-4555-B37E-1ED62643B1F6@microsoft.com... > hi all i need to make this copy.. &...

Format Excel cells for "all caps", with Office 07?
How do I format Excel cells for "all caps", with Office 07? That is to say that I use an Excel form frequently, which has several cells that require a single alpha character fill in. When the form prints, the lower case characters appear small and less predominant then the body text and numbers. Thanks for your suggestions. My best suggestion is to simply use the Caps Lock key. That's what it's for. If that doesn't work, you can use the Upper function, either in the worksheet or in VBA, to change data to upper case. Regards Fred "Louisana Jim&q...

Using Excel I would like to print on the length of the paper inst.
I would like to frint a paper from excel to run the long way as the top instead of the short way or turn the whole page on its side Hi Sheryl, File>PageSetup>Page, check Landscape -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Sheryl" <Sheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38FA423C-3EF7-4808-8968-8DD71C35EBB5@microsoft.com... >I would like to frint a paper from excel to run the long way as the top > instead of the short way or turn the whole page on its side ...

Setting Outlook Parameters in VBA
I am using the following code to send e-mail through Outlook from Excel. SigString = "C:\Documents and Settings\...\Signatures\Bill.txt" If Dir(SigString) <> "" Then Signature = GetBoiler(SigString) Else Signature = "" End If olBody="xxxemailmessagexxx" & Signature Set olMail = olApp.CreateItem(olMailItem) With olMail .To = olToName .cc = olccName .Subject = olSubject .Body = olBody .Attachments.Add olAttach1 .Send End With My re...

Set task subject in workflow
Hi! I have created a workflow in CRM 4.0 which creates a reminder task every time a case is created. The task subject is based on the task subject and created when I convert an email to a case. I would like to be able to change the case subject, save the case and then let the workflow create the task. Often the customer creates email with subject "Problem" or "Error" which isn't a helpful case subject. How can I let the task creation be "delayed" so that I can correct the case subject and then get a correct task subject? ...