Icon Sets Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007

So, I want to be able to use the Icon Sets in conditional formatting
with text values. I bet there are a bunch of other people out there
that would like to have the text "green", "yellow" or "red" converted
to the appropriate stoplight icon, but I cannot figure out how to make
this work. Is it possible?
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Excel 2007
Icons
Maybe not quite what you wanted...
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dytjrggnxbm/09_26_09.xlsx
On Sep 26, 9:27=A0am, Herbert Seidenberg <herbds7-ms...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Excel 2007
> Icons
> Maybe not quite what you wanted...http://www.mediafire.com/file/dytjrggnx=
bm/09_26_09.xlsx

That's pretty slick, Herbert, but I don't get it. How is it you have a
numeric value in the cell, but it shows with the stoplight icon and
text?
On Sep 25, 5:12=A0pm, peedub <pat.whit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I want to be able to use the Icon Sets in conditional formatting
> with text values. I bet there are a bunch of other people out there
> that would like to have the text "green", "yellow" or "red" converted
> to the appropriate stoplight icon, but I cannot figure out how to make
> this work. Is it possible?

Sorry - I forgot to specify that I am using Excel 2K7. If OS matters,
it's on Vista.