I want more!

I need to extend a form that aleady has some 100 lines.  For instance, one
column has the date, but only until tomorroq.   How do I create more lines
based on the same formula?

Thank you

JB

0
open (40)
10/22/2009 6:40:43 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I usually select the last row in the range and copy it down a few rows.

If you're using xl2003, you may want to look at Data|List.

And if you're using xl2007, this feature has transformed into Tables.
(Data tab on the ribbon|Data tools Group|What if Analysis|Data table)

--

Dave Peterson
0

It worked, except for columns where I average, like:

=IF(I4:K4>0,AVERAGE(I4:K4),"")

What should I do with those?

Thank you again

JB

"Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> escreveu na mensagem
>I usually select the last row in the range and copy it down a few rows.
>
> If you're using xl2003, you may want to look at Data|List.
>
> And if you're using xl2007, this feature has transformed into Tables.
> (Data tab on the ribbon|Data tools Group|What if Analysis|Data table)
>

> JB wrote:
>>
>> I need to extend a form that aleady has some 100 lines.  For instance,
>> one
>> column has the date, but only until tomorroq.   How do I create more
>> lines
>> based on the same formula?
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> JB
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
open (40)
10/22/2009 1:35:06 PM
First, I would have thought that you'd want a formula like:
=IF(count(I4:K4)>0,AVERAGE(I4:K4),"")
(check for at least one number before trying to get the average.)

Second, what did you use?

And how did it not work?

--

Dave Peterson
0

The formula has been working for some time. Someone helped me in this forum
before.

Basically, I take 4 readings a day of my blood sugar and the formula is
supposed to average them.

When I try to extend this partcular column downwards, by copying the last
cell and pasting it after dragging donwards, it tells me
'You cannot change part of an array'

> First, I would have thought that you'd want a formula like:
> =IF(count(I4:K4)>0,AVERAGE(I4:K4),"")
> (check for at least one number before trying to get the average.)
>
> Second, what did you use?
>
> And how did it not work?
>

> JB wrote:
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> It worked, except for columns where I average, like:
>>
>> =IF(I4:K4>0,AVERAGE(I4:K4),"")
>>
>> What should I do with those?
>>
>> Thank you again
>>
>> JB
>>
>> "Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> escreveu na mensagem
>> >I usually select the last row in the range and copy it down a few rows.
>> >
>> > If you're using xl2003, you may want to look at Data|List.
>> >
>> > And if you're using xl2007, this feature has transformed into Tables.
>> > (Data tab on the ribbon|Data tools Group|What if Analysis|Data table)

>> > --
>> >
>> > Dave Peterson
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
open (40)

Only want one Worksheet_[event] to run but still cover all actions
Hello again, I have code ("Sub DoThis" and "Sub DoThisE") that ensures the format in the sheet. It should run no matter what the end user does with the cells...which is alot, we all know that... I now use these Sub Worksheet_[events]: Worksheet_Change, Worksheet_Activate, Worksheet_Calculate. I want the code "Sub DoThis" OR "Sub DoThisE" to take place only once, when an event take place. As it is now an user event start the routines several times. I believe it is caused by two reasons: - Worksheet_[event] subs makes an overlap ? - Application.OnKey / ...

Smart Investors Wanted!!! #12
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

excel-i want it to go to a certain cell when i 1st open the sheet
when i open a spreadsheet that i created, how do i get the cursor to go to the cell i want it to.. in this spreadsheet i will have to enter information in different columns and i want it to automatically go to the first cell under the first column. how can i do this? Hi Lindsey, I can think of two options off the top of my head: 1) Go to the cell, save and close. The next time you open the workbook, the active cell will be the same cell. 2) Use Excel Events. This requires programming Excel using VBA and when done properly can be extremely useful !!! The desired cell will always be t...

If there is no data i dont want the line to go down to 0%.
Hi, If i have some data in percentage month by month. In some of the months i dont have any data. In this condition if I draw a line graph the line goes down to 0% and again it comes up which create a wrong picture in the mind. Is there any way by which if there is no data for that particular month it should directly get connected to the next month. Regards Heera Hi, If the cell is truly empty and the line drops to zero select the chart and check, Tools > Options > Chart > Plot empty cells as... If the cell actually contain conditional formula use NA() instead of ""...

Wanted: Outlook Expert for Personal Assistance
Hello, I'm looking for an Outlook expert who is willing to provide me with personal assistance for a couple of problems that I've been having. Ideally phone assistance would be best, but instant messaging would also work. I'd like to find someone who really knows his/her stuff and I will of course be paying for the help. I've been having various problems with Outlook for the last week and even after a fresh install received a software exception error forcing me to shutdown. Additionally, I have a repeating Warning message in my Event Viewer ... "The MOF file created fo...

i want to see the email adress of sender in the from column
i want to see the email adress of the sender in the from column and not their name. Anyone any suggestions. I want to recognize immediatly if someone is sending mail from their work or their personel email adress. Thanks, Levent The sender controls the format of the address, not the recipient. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Levent" <Levent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42BC81C7-FDA5-4254-A69C-613B3C45790B@microsoft.com... >i want to see the email adress of the sender in the from column and not >their > name. > Anyone any suggestions. >...

Can I suppress the text in Excel an just print the cells I want t

Want to remove Public Folder store/replicas but see many logons
Hello, I would like to remove a Public Folder Store from a server in my all-Exchange 2003 environment. We have had two Public Folder Stores, but I'd like to use one of those Stores for a Private Store for mailboxes and also because replication between the two servers is problematic. (It's only a few hundred megabytes of infrequently-used data.) I removed the replicas for all Public Folders in the ESM (View Public Folders) then removed replicas for Free/Busy, OAB, and Organization Forms after right-clicking and selecting View System Folders. Still, users showed up under the &q...

Have MSExcel spreadsheet with 1420 rows
Hi, I have a MSExcel spradsheet with some 1420 rows. I want to number each of the rows and have those numbers within the first column. Certainly I do not want to do this by hand but want some function to do this. How can I do this? Thanks, Brian Hi Brian, You could try putting in Row(), which would change if you insert or delete rows, or you could simply use the Edit Fill function, or you could put 1 in A1, in A2 put =A1+1 and copy down. "Brian (Vilkas1@hotmail.com)" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a MSExcel spradsheet with some 1420 rows. I want to number each of >...

Just want OWA 2003 but still got 5.5
Currently I have two Ex 5.5 servers running on W2K server. I also have two 2000 and one 2003 DCs (I upgraded AD). My question is can I implement one 2003 Exhange server into my existing 5.5 server in order to use the new OWA on the Ex 2003 server? Do I have to move any of the mailboxes to the new 2003 box to have new OWA working? Any tips? I would rather wait to move all my mailboxes till I am ready for full 5.5 to 2003 migration but that is a long process and would like to start testing out certain things like OWA and fancier shared calendars and contacts. Neither an OWA 2000 or 2003 se...

I have the template i want to use, however I am not sure how to us
an e-mail was sent to me with a spreadsheet I'm to complete. A co -worker helped me to create a template of that spreadsheet that I need to fill in but I don't have experience using templates. How do I get started, and how do I create a next page or sheet? I need to fill it in and than start the next page with the blank template...help Have you looked at the Excel help for templates? If so, at which stage did you have a problem? -- David Biddulph "mouse" <mouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9209715-1DD7-4771-B23F-03BB8F916A10@microsoft.com...

I want to activate email notification while Outlook is inactive.
How do I go about setting up Outlook to notify me of email while my program is inactive or closed? "OGThomas" <OGThomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D11B82D-8174-46E6-B84F-05476F0E22A0@microsoft.com... > How do I go about setting up Outlook to notify me of email while my > program > is inactive or closed? You can't. Does the speedometer of your car work while the engine is off and the car is stationary? You can use a third-party notifier but that has to be up and running so you may as well just keep Outlook running... Y...

Want to Flag multiple messages
Is there any way to select several messages and Flag them all at once in Outlook 2002? Thanks! ...

"do you want to save changes" when I close outlook
I have recently upgraded to office 2007, including outlook 2007. Now when I add senders to the blocked sender list and then close outlook I am prompted “do you want to save changes”. If I click “yes” I then get a message window “the item cannot be saved because it was changed by another user or in another window”. Also asks “Do you want to make a copy in the default folder for the item”. This only happens when senders are added to blocked sender list. I would like to eliminate the prompt as the senders still seem to be added to the list. Previous verion of outlook was 2003. Usin...

Help, I want my 3GB back
I am getting the following report from the SA: The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2004-07-01 10:20:00 Stopped at: 2004-07-01 10:23:32 Mailboxes processed: 51 Messages that would be moved or deleted: 1392 Size of messages that would be moved or deleted: 3869.47 MB My problem is how do I get back that 3.8 GB, it say messages that &lsquo;would' be moved or deleted, what if I want to actually move and delete them? Sorry for the newbie question. I have set a policy for 7 day deleted item retention and have ...

Want to analzye but don't know how!
I am working on a "charge sheet" for hospital use. So far, I have a pretty simple sheet that looks like this A B C D E F 1 Name Acct # Charge code Direct units Indirect Units Forms units 2 3 *Column C is a drop down menu pulling from a list on wksht 2. I already have the sum function set up to get daily totals of direct units and indirect. BUT I need: To be able to, after this information is populated, analyze the data so I can say how many direct, indirect, and forms unit...

GridView
Hello, I have a GridView with a number of rows in it. I need to scroll up and down the grid view in order to see all the rows. The problem is, when I scroll down, and highlight a row, then click "submit", when the new page is rendered, the GridView shows the first row, not the row that I show highlighted (after scrolling down and clicking on submit). How can I fix this problem in both IE and Firefox? Thanks Jason On Dec 12, 12:54=A0pm, Jason <jason.wu...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have a GridView with a number of rows in it. =A0I need to sc...

Remove music files from disk, but want to remain in library & devi
Running WMP11 on an XP box with small hard drive. Got a Sony Walkman - been ripping in lossless format and downloading same to device. I want to remove the rather big set of WMA files (from my box) after loading to Walkman to conserve disk space. But, I want to keep albums visible in WMP library and not have songs removed from the Walkman. Don't want to invest in bigger, or external, hard drive as I'm getting a new PC soon. How do I "fool", or configure, WMP so it doesn't remove corresponding files from my walkman after I delete same on hard drive (whic...

How do I stop "Do you want to add this person to messenger" popups
Several times a week I'm getting popups, asking if I want to "add this person to messenger". This is getting very, very annoying. How do I turn this "feature" off? I know when someone I actually care about is going to add me to messenger, I can turn it on when that time comes. Several times a week? I get it many times a day, and it's driving me crazy! What you are supposed to do is go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy. Here, under Contact Lists you will find a check box saying "Alert me when other people add me to their contact list". Y...

Don't want tasks in days.
Is it possible to stop LookOut 2003 from converting my tasks to days when I type in hours? It's SO annoying. Grrr. Thanks in advance. Cheers Vicky ...

when clicking on sync, network disconnects & wants to redial
in windows 7, windows live mail version 2009... just changed browser from Internet Explorer to Firefox... now my live mail has a tendency to disconnect the existing network connection and redials... sometimes keeps doing that. Does not automatically go get my new messages like it used to. So if i sync, it disconnects and redials a new connection? Go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Connection. What does it show for connection? You should leave that setting unselected, in which case Windows Live Mail will use whatever connection IE uses. Also, under To...

I want to create fancy Emails .
I want to make and send fancy Emails. Can you recommend a good program and and/or tutorial ? FDLeyda Do you mean, HTML formatted e-mails? Go a Bing search for HTML email. For example, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_e-mail. "FDLeyda" <fdleyda@no_reply.com> wrote in message news:OxnwPFK8KHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... I want to make and send fancy Emails. Can you recommend a good program and and/or tutorial ? FDLeyda I understand IncrediMail might fit that bill: http://www.incredimail.com/english/splash.aspx --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microso...

Only want to include a field in the record under certain circumsta
I am designing a response log database for the fire departmetn I am working for. I am trying to produce a report and querry in which an "address" field is displayed based on the "Calltype" field. With HIPPA regulations, an address cannot be displayed on locations for medical calls to the public but I must display it for others. Any suggestions? -- E On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 14:34:02 -0800, xX Longshank Xx <xXLongshankXx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am designing a response log database for the fire departmetn I am working >for. I am trying to produc...

A 2007... I dont WANT to save changes!
Problem .. in an A2007 form I have an OK button that starts out disabled and gets enabled by code when certain things happen. This is all fine and according to plan. But whenever I close this form, A2007 asks me if I want to save changes. If I say YES, the state of the command button is saved as "enabled". Look I designed it this way for a darned good reason and I don't want Access changng the design of my forms every time they close, just because some properties have been changed since they opened. It's just not logical! The property "Enable Layout View&quo...

I do not want Excel on-screen lines to print
I am using Office 2007. I create Excel spreadsheets in Word and the on-screen guide lines print. How do I keep the lines on screen but not print them? In Excel: File | Page Setup | Sheet and uncheck Print Gridlines best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "MAB" <MAB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB5E7ED4-80DB-4BD6-9331-74CD884B9EF8@microsoft.com... >I am using Office 2007. I create Excel spreadsheets in Word and the > on-screen guide lines print. How do I keep the lines on screen but not > print &...