I need to filter based on colour

Hello I have a spreadsheet of Excel 2003 in which in one column (column B)
there are entries coloured yellow and some with no colour (white). I need to
filter and see only the yellow entries . But I need to filter all the
columns of the spreadsheet based upon the yellow colour of column B. So I
can see all the information in every other column of those yellow entries of
column B.
Can someone help me?
Thanks
Jimmy

0
interpack (6)
9/23/2004 1:30:01 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Unless all the yellows are derived from the same formula for a custom
autofilte then you would need to have a for each loop macro that hid the non
yellow rows.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Jimmy" <interpack@internet.gr> wrote in message
> Hello I have a spreadsheet of Excel 2003 in which in one column (column B)
> there are entries coloured yellow and some with no colour (white). I need
> filter and see only the yellow entries . But I need to filter all the
> columns of the spreadsheet based upon the yellow colour of column B. So I
> can see all the information in every other column of those yellow entries
of
> column B.
> Can someone help me?
> Thanks
> Jimmy

0
Don
9/23/2004 1:44:08 PM
Isn't there an easier way? I read in an older posting that it was quite
simple. But can't find that posting.

"Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message
> Unless all the yellows are derived from the same formula for a custom
> autofilte then you would need to have a for each loop macro that hid the
> non
> yellow rows.
>

> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> donaldb@281.com
> "Jimmy" <interpack@internet.gr> wrote in message
>> Hello I have a spreadsheet of Excel 2003 in which in one column (column
>> B)
>> there are entries coloured yellow and some with no colour (white). I need
>> filter and see only the yellow entries . But I need to filter all the
>> columns of the spreadsheet based upon the yellow colour of column B. So I
>> can see all the information in every other column of those yellow entries
> of
>> column B.
>> Can someone help me?
>> Thanks
>> Jimmy

0
interpack (6)
9/23/2004 2:11:13 PM
You could create a VBA Function to return the color of the cell

Code
-------------------
    Function coloring(cell)
  coloring = cell.Interior.ColorIndex
  End Functio
-------------------

Suppose your colored cells are in column A
Then insert a column in your sheet in which you enter/propogate th
Excel formula
Color Index
=coloring(A2)
=coloring(A3)
....etc.

Then select the entire table you wish to filter and us
Data>Filter>AutoFilter
This will provide dropdowns in the first row of your selection
Then by using the drop down on the Color Index column you created, yo
can select say 6, and all yellow rows will be shown, 3 for red, etc. I
you insert your column to the right of the colored cells, the colo
number to select should be obvious.

Regards
Bria

--
canesb
canesbr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1084

Jimmy,

Check out www.smokeylake.com/excel/excel_truths.htm.  Read "Color as data."
You may find a lot of off-the-shelf Excel functionality available if you
change your sheet.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Jimmy" <interpack@internet.gr> wrote in message
> Hello I have a spreadsheet of Excel 2003 in which in one column (column B)
> there are entries coloured yellow and some with no colour (white). I need
> filter and see only the yellow entries . But I need to filter all the
> columns of the spreadsheet based upon the yellow colour of column B. So I
> can see all the information in every other column of those yellow entries
of
> column B.
> Can someone help me?
> Thanks
> Jimmy

0
nothanks4548 (968)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Help me create sales chart based on state and quantity
We have a production report on excel. It shows the details for our clients. Part of that data includes the state in which the client lives. We are trying to create a chart showing the percentages of each state( so we know where the most deals are closed) Any suggestions? Hello mr_merchant_man, this sounds like a job for a pivot table, using Average as the data calculation operator. Or, depending on your version of Excel, you can use AVERAGEIFS (in Excel 2007) or calculate an averate with a combination of SUMIF divided by COUNTIF. To be more specific, it would help to s...

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Outlook Junk mail filter and rules problem
Hello- I switched to Outlook from Mozilla Thunderbird. I did this because Thunderbird was unstable (at least for me). It did have a nice spam filter though. I was hoping that Outlook's spam filter would be comparable and the app would be stable. So far it's stable, but I am having a serious problem with the filter. I use Outlook 2004 to track several POP accounts. So when I download a message, I have a rule for each account that puts the message in an appropriate folder under the inbox folder. The problem is when I use the Spam filter, this is what happens. 1. Spam arrives to ...

Help needed

Linking errors with MFC Dialog Based application and Crypto++ #2
* bump * Any suggestions? Please... * bump * -- Crocodil ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.codecomments.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Could you provide the linking error you have got! ...

Need help on this....thanks

need help badly

I need Help

Filtering problem #2
Dear All, Is it possible to return results from the same row but within differen columns using a filter? I appreciate your help -- gaftali ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gaftalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47302 Hi there, Not sure what you mean there. Can you explain 'return results'? -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack) "gaftalik" <gaftalik.1wdxqa_1128441903.0178@excelforum-n...

ndislwf monitoring filter preventing network connectivity
Hi, I've modified the ndislwf to be a monitoring filter that binds below at the native 802.11 layer (below native wifi) at the "custom" level in Windows Vista. The sample works great, but the problem is whenever I install the driver it prevents network connectivity. I'm NOT putting it into monitor mode or some such where it can't sustain active connections, nor have I changed anything in ndislwf that, as far as I know, would cause this (it's still a "pass through" filter). When I do an "ipconfig /all" in a command window after it has be...

VBA code to run macro in certain file based on name of file in cel
I am trying to come up with code that will run a macro in a workbook where the path and name of the workbook are in a cell reference. I have tried the following with no luck. The path to the file is located in cell F36 of worksheet, "Customize" and the name of the file is located in cell F42. The name of the macro is "ClearTotalSavings". Any help from one of you gurus would sure be appreciated. Application.Run "'" & Workbooks(Sheets("Customize").Range("F36").Value) & "\" & Sheets("Customize").R...

display fields based on a count
Hi all I have unbound fields on a form to capture dates entered by the user, the field [PlannedDays] holds the number of relevant days. The fields are named Date2, Date3.... to Date11. Is it possible to only display the correct amount of date fields based on the value in [PlannedDays]? eg if [PlannedDays]=3 then only date fields [Date2], [Date3] and Date4] should be visible for input on the form? I will then need to add these dates via code to a table called [ItineraryDates] field [ReviewDates] (one record per date). Thanks... Sue hi Sue, On 20.04.2010 11:56, Sue ...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

Adding textboxes based on what user inputs in Total Students textb
Hi All, How can I add text boxes on the form based on what user inputs in a textbox? For eg: I have a textbox "Total Students" , so Once I input a number in that textbox, I want to have that many textboxes on the form. If I input 4 I want four textboxes to be displayed on the form. In addition to this: I want all this textboxes to be displayed in a specific frame, I have made this frame as "vertically scrollable" as I have limited space on my form and want to fit in as many textbo, Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance ...

Filter Table in Subform Control according to TextBox control value
Hi all, I have put Subform control on a Form1 and in Source Object of that Subform I selected Table1 from drop down list. I also got Text box control on Form1. In the first column of the Table1 which appearing in Subform I got Ticket No. What I need that when i type that Ticket No in Text box control the Table1 in Subform should get filter on that Ticket No row. Please can any friend can help More information about the tables would help. I will use tblMain as the name of the Record Source for Form1. Are tblMain and Table1 related? If so, on what field? Typically you would set t...

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help