I need Excel Help

I have another question about my project that I don't understand, if anyone
could help that would be awesome!

consultants who work on a project also receive a bonus if the fees exceed
estimates, otherwise the consultant received no bonus. Create one formula
that calculates the bonus by referencing the appropriate bonus rate in the
table given by
the number of hours the consultant worked.

Does this make sense to anyone? I really need help.
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Take a look at VLOOKUP in help.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"IHateComputers" <IHateComputers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have another question about my project that I don't understand, if anyone
> could help that would be awesome!
>
> consultants who work on a project also receive a bonus if the fees exceed
> estimates, otherwise the consultant received no bonus. Create one formula
> that calculates the bonus by referencing the appropriate bonus rate in the
> table given by
> the number of hours the consultant worked.
>
> Does this make sense to anyone? I really need help.

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel 1997
I know, I know...... It's time to upgrade my microsoft office software, but right now I can't afford it. So I'm stuck still using my Office '97 edition. Anyway, I was wondering if there was any way to hide the contents of a specific cell so that when I printed the page the contents would not be seen. Does anyone know how I might go about doing that? Thx. You could change the colour of the characters in that cell to white, but don't forget to change it back or you will never see it on screen. -- Ken Russell kenrussellyourhat@optushome.com.au Remove yourhat to reply b...

How do I plot Excel data on a floorplan?
I'm trying to find a way to plot data from an Excel worksheet on a floorplan diagram. The data reflects room assignments for a hospital, so some data stays the same for days while other data changes on a twice a day basis. I want to enable someone to be able to enter the data on the worksheet and have excel output the names, etc in the proper room assignments on the floorplan automatically. The users could then print this floorplan to locate the assignments more easily. I can either scan a hardcopy of the floorplan, or I have access to Visio so I could also quickly construct a d...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

excel charts converted into pdf
Hello, I'm experiencing the following issue: I have a handful of charts in Excel that I inserted into Word and then converted the entire word document into PDF format using Acrobat Professional. Resulting PDF has black vertical bars in place of vertical text next to X-axis and title of the Y-axis. Converting charts into PDF directly from Excel does not produce this problem. However I must use Word doc. I have XP SP3,MS Office 2003 and Acrobat Professional 7.0. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks I've had this happen to me, too, on occasion. Not real often, fortunately. When I lo...

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Excel 97 / 2000 Viewer
Is there a problem with installing this product when I already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? No -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays <jbeiting@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:059c01c3c647$2c87c9a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > > Is there a problem with installing this product when I > already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? ...

Excel 2003 prompts to save or overwrite
I have a few excel 2003 users that have xls files on a server, but they are the only ones using. Often, when they save, it tells them someone else may have changed the file, rename or overwrite. They are a bit concerned, It appears to be a mac services thing, I found the following MS article in support. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324491 But it doesnt mention a patch for excel 2003. Should the users just get used to hiting overwrite? Regrads -- Carl For Excel 2003 no patch has been issued AFAIK Follow the instructions for editing the Registry or continue hitting overwrite. ...

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

I need Help

need help badly

Excel 2003 coding issue
I have a button, when pressed it will ask the user to select the email address from sheet 2, the problem i'm having is if I hide columns A, B and C it comes up with a debug error but if the columns stay visable it works? VB highlights the following: Set EmailAddr = Application.InputBox("Select Email Addresses, Click on the Email Worksheet" & vbCrLf & _ "Hold down Contrl Key to select multiple addresses", Type:=8) Please help. ...

Excel work sheets
Hi, I need a formula that will automatically pull information from one worksheet to another. I need to be able to seperate all of the plans, procedures ect from the main work sheet to there own. I have no idea how to do this, so any help with be appreciated. Heather You don't provide enough information for anyone to help you. Pulling information from one worksheet to another is fairly simple. But what information? Where is it? Where do you want it to go? You say "to their own". How is the destination identified in the source sheet? You have t...

How do I Create backup of excel file in other folder
Hi, I need the excel backup files to be saved in other folder. I'v choosen "Always create backup" in the save option, but I have traffic in my working folder, so I need the backup files to be in other folder. Using VBA< you can use the SaveCopyAs method and specify the target. -- HTH Bob Phillips "khalid" <khalid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A442EDF2-66D9-4F8E-A36D-13CFE12A22F3@microsoft.com... > Hi, I need the excel backup files to be saved in other folder. > I'v choosen "Always create backup" in the save option, ...

autocomplete in excel
I do not have any blank cells in my spreadsheet, but it still does not alway autocomplete the phrase I am typing. Is there a limit of some sort to the # of cell that it will check? I currently have over 3500 rows in my worksheet. ...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed