Hyperlinks #3

Hi

I use excel for my accounts & have used a column of hyperlinks to store
paths to scanned images of my invoices. However, recently, this system has
stopped working so well. When I click on a hyperlink I get the message 'Some
files can contain viruses or otherwise be harmful to your computer. It is
important to be certain that this file is from a trustworthy source.

Would you like to open this file?'

When I click 'Yes', nothing happens.

I'm not sure why this warning box began to open up, but could you tell me
why I cannot open my files any more, is there a patch that I've installed
that is stopping this? (I'm using Excel 2003 11.6355.6360 SP1

How can I turn off this warning on hyperlinks?

Thanks

Sam

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Maybe you installed windows XP service pack 2?
Try to uninstall that to see if it works?

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Sam Goddard" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I use excel for my accounts & have used a column of hyperlinks to store
> paths to scanned images of my invoices. However, recently, this system has
> stopped working so well. When I click on a hyperlink I get the message 'Some
> files can contain viruses or otherwise be harmful to your computer. It is
> important to be certain that this file is from a trustworthy source.
>
> Would you like to open this file?'
>
> When I click 'Yes', nothing happens.
>
> I'm not sure why this warning box began to open up, but could you tell me
> why I cannot open my files any more, is there a patch that I've installed
> that is stopping this? (I'm using Excel 2003 11.6355.6360 SP1
>
> How can I turn off this warning on hyperlinks?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sam

0
PeoSjoblom (789)
12/1/2004 7:13:06 PM
I did install Service Pack 2 but I did this a while ago & the hyperlinks
have worked well since then. Furthermore, I am not inclined to uninstall the
service pack.

Finally, the message is an Excel-generated one rather than a windows one so
I do not think that uninstalling the service pack will change things.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Sam
"Peo Sjoblom" <PeoSjoblom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Maybe you installed windows XP service pack 2?
> Try to uninstall that to see if it works?
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> "Sam Goddard" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I use excel for my accounts & have used a column of hyperlinks to store
>> paths to scanned images of my invoices. However, recently, this system
>> has
>> stopped working so well. When I click on a hyperlink I get the message
>> 'Some
>> files can contain viruses or otherwise be harmful to your computer. It is
>> important to be certain that this file is from a trustworthy source.
>>
>> Would you like to open this file?'
>>
>> When I click 'Yes', nothing happens.
>>
>> I'm not sure why this warning box began to open up, but could you tell me
>> why I cannot open my files any more, is there a patch that I've installed
>> that is stopping this? (I'm using Excel 2003 11.6355.6360 SP1
>>
>> How can I turn off this warning on hyperlinks?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Sam

The hyperlinks in my Excel 2003 worksheets are working fine with Windows
SP2. Try deleting one of your hyperlinks, then add it back in and see if
it works.

Bill

"Sam Goddard" <bigdaddy_sammy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I did install Service Pack 2 but I did this a while ago & the hyperlinks
have worked well since then. Furthermore, I am not inclined to uninstall
the
service pack.

Finally, the message is an Excel-generated one rather than a windows one
so
I do not think that uninstalling the service pack will change things.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Sam
"Peo Sjoblom" <PeoSjoblom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Maybe you installed windows XP service pack 2?
> Try to uninstall that to see if it works?
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> "Sam Goddard" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I use excel for my accounts & have used a column of hyperlinks to
>> store
>> paths to scanned images of my invoices. However, recently, this
>> system
>> has
>> stopped working so well. When I click on a hyperlink I get the
>> message
>> 'Some
>> files can contain viruses or otherwise be harmful to your computer.
>> It is
>> important to be certain that this file is from a trustworthy source.
>>
>> Would you like to open this file?'
>>
>> When I click 'Yes', nothing happens.
>>
>> I'm not sure why this warning box began to open up, but could you
>> tell me
>> why I cannot open my files any more, is there a patch that I've
>> installed
>> that is stopping this? (I'm using Excel 2003 11.6355.6360 SP1
>>
>> How can I turn off this warning on hyperlinks?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Sam

0
bsharpe (111)

thanks #3
Alf, i am not using any macros at all it became corrupt on my palm pilot one day maybe due to insufficent storage on the palm pilot. i dont really understand your anwser what can be done to resolve this issue and able me to open my file? thanks HI! I don't pretend to understand the detailed error message. But my experience of "illegal" operations came from two things. The first arose because a This Workbook On_Open macro tried to insert data or do things to locked cells, where I hadn't made provision for that to happen. Are you using macros? The other is still a ...

Is this possible ? #3
Is this possible? I want to compare a number against 3 ranges and display a comment for the range it fits into. Example. Let's say the number is 6 <4 - would display no comment between 5 and 15 - would display the comments "standard" >15 would display no comment. This is only one line of comparison. Moving down the worksheet the next example might look like this. Let's say the number is 147 <80 - would display no comment between 81 and 125 - would display no comment >125 would display the comment "below standard" I am very new at vlookup a...

SharePoint Services 3.0 and Office 2007
It is my understanding that I might be able to leverage the sharepoint services 3.0 with Vista ultimate and Office 2007 to facilitate 'real time collaboration'. I would like to invite attendees through the calendar feature to view powerpoint presentations, MS Project milestones, alerts, tasks, etc. In Calendar, New appointment, invite attendees there is a 'meeting workspace' that I want to leverage. Looking for guidance on how to make this happen. Is there a way to establish a website on my own machine so that attendees can connect to it and view the ...

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Linking charts #3
Hi, I'm wondering if I can have a chart on one workbook page linked to a chart on another workbook page (it will be the same chart derived from the same source data), and when I refresh the data, both charts will update. Here's why: I have the data and 1st version of chart in a "working" section of the workbook. Then I have a "report" view of the chart that need to be a certain size- this is the 2nd copy of the working graph. Currently I've been copying and pasting the "working" chart into the "report" chartbut that is kind of a pain. ...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Ver 10 SP 3 Inventory Return default GL acc
Hi again I have a GL account on the Item Card next to the 'Inventory Returns' field. I also have the POP accrual account filled in on the Creditor card. (1) If I do a 'POP Inventory' return transaction, the system does not default in a GL account next to the type 'accrual'. (2) If I key in my POP accrual account it accepts it even though I have blocked that account for posting. If I do a normal 'POP Return' transaction it does work fine, but it seems to be broken when I use the 'Inventory' option. Has anyone seen these 2 problems please? Thanks She...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

3.0 Assigned Activities
In CRM 1.2 there was an area in the Workplace that showed any/all assigned actvities. I no longer see this area in CRM 3.0. Where can we find which specific tasks have been assigned to a user? Please advise. Thank you! go to workplace then queues and you will see an assigned queue ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Cayla" <Cayla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9279D89-AB04-4CC0-9979-C01A0B59B953@microsoft.com... > In CRM 1.2 there was an area in the Workplace that showed any/all a...

12.2.3 update woes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hello, <br><br>My software update for Office 2008 tells me that there is a criticial update to install (Office 2008 12.2.3 Update). When I click install it happily downloads the update, but that's it: it the immediately tells me again that this same update is available. Clicking install again downloads, and tells me that same update is available. It never launches the actual updater. <br><br>I though: no problem, went to the Microsoft Mactopia site and download...

Print Preview #3
This (printing and previewing) is new territory for me, so bear with me as I try and ask the right question(s). I've got a little SDI application where I am drawing a bitmap and some text (with a non-default font) onto the view area. That works fine, or at least it appears to. What I am totally puzzled about is why Print Preview produces a much, much smaller bitmap and text on the "paper." Instead of consuming nearly the entire page, it sits up in the upper-left hand corner. The other issue has to do with closing the preview window. What shows up on the view area now is the...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

Publisher Calendar #3
Is there a way to save information in publisher 2003 from one calendar month to the next. i.e. Every Tuesday has the same activity. Every Thursday has the same activity at the same time. Is there a way to save that information and transfer to the next month without recreating that info. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > Is there a way to save information in publisher 2003 from > one calendar month to the next. i.e. Every Tuesday has > the same activity. Every Thursday has the same activity > at the same time. Is there a way to save that > information and...

Merging 3 Workbooks without using macros
Hello, There are three of us that keep track of data for our respective departments in Excel but would like to merge only certain data into one master worksheet so our boss can see a general snap shot as to what we are doing. Is it possible to merge our workbooks automatically as we enter data? Our worksheets are the same size. I know I can use a macro to do this, but it only works when all the worksheets are in the same workbook. We each need to be able to add data throughout the day and not worry that someone else is using the worksheet. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Mark Hi...

create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?
I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are displayed correctly. One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a document related to the record. I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink commands. Does anyone knows how to do this? NEW If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell....... =HYPERLINK(cellref) ...

Insert hyperlink off and on ?
Why does the insert hyperlink drop down appear grayed out sometimes but at other times it works just fine. This is when I am doing a regular e-mail and want to highlight a term and insert a hyperlink. Outlook 2000. Just seems to have a mind of its own. ...

Average #3
Excell 2003 I'm trying to average times, in minutes, in a single column. The minutes are the result of a formula to find elapsed times (14:10-14:08 etc). There are 1414 cells in the column with entries in about 80% of the cells. In one of the books I have it says Excell will only average 20 numbers. If this is true, how do I average the column? On a relaterd topic, wehn I try to do MAX for the columns I get a number that I know isn't the MAX for that column. I've got the columns formated for times. What am I doin wrong? Thanks, The 'Bonker -- Its better to remain ...

Need formula for multiple conditions in 3 columns
have a spreadsheet with several columns -- some data, some dates. Does anyone know how I can create a formula to do the equivalent of filtering on three different columns with a different date for each column filtered? For example I have four columns of information but only want to extract a certain criteria where as Date A is greater than a specific date, Date B = another date and Date C = yet another date. Date A Date B Date C Data 2/12/2001 2/23/2006 3/31/2006 Apples 2/23/2006 1/1/1900 Pears...

Hyperlink
I have successfully hyperlinked from a cell in Excel to a Visio file. Does anyone know how to link to a specific shape within the Visio file? The hyperlink can include page, shape, and zoom percent. Ex: http: //MyServer/MyDrawing.vsd#Page-2/Sheet.1?zoom=100 Visio will display the page, center the shape, and zoom to the given percent (but will not select the shape). Hope this helps, -- Bill K. Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "JD" <jd@tivo.com> wrote in message news:068301c350a0$badcfc60$a101280...

Installing Business Portal 3.0 on a x64 server
I am having issues trying to run the install program for Business Portal 3.0 on a Windows 2003 x64 server. IIS is running in 32bit mode, and Sharepoint 2.0 has installed just fine. It is only the business portal 3.0 install program that will not execute properly.. Anyone been through this? I was able to get around the install issue by running the MSI file from shared CDROM. But am having issues running the business portal site....After I extend the sharepoint site, I don't have an option for NTLM. I believe this is why I can't open the business portal site. Again, if anyone has...

hyperlink problem
i have three columns that make up my pdf file names i.e. example: columnA=2010, columnB=03, columnC=33 (my file name is 20100333.pdf). i want to have a column that opens corresponding pdf files. moreover i would like the function to look up for the files in the same drive that my excel files relies on. i have all these in usb and i change many computers so each computer may give a different drive letter name to my usb. can i achieve something like that? p.s. i want to open the pdf file directly, not through the internet explorer. ...