Hyperlinking an entire column of domains

Hi

I have a column containing text like *http://somedomain.com* but its
not hyperlinked. How can I select the column and convert to hyperlinks
? I know for each cell, on editing if I hit the ENTER key, it gets
hyperlinked. But how do I do that for an entire column ?

Thanks

--
anjanesh

Freelance Developer
anjanesh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27132
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=521308

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

anjanesh

Could you use the column next to it and the HYPERLINK function? e.g.

=HYPERLINK(A1)

and then copy the helper column data and paste special it over the original

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"anjanesh" <anjanesh.24hlym_1142050200.5531@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:anjanesh.24hlym_1142050200.5531@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hi
>
> I have a column containing text like *http://somedomain.com* but its
> not hyperlinked. How can I select the column and convert to hyperlinks
> ? I know for each cell, on editing if I hit the ENTER key, it gets
> hyperlinked. But how do I do that for an entire column ?
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> anjanesh
>
> Freelance Developer
> anjanesh's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27132
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=521308

Ah...something like that - it works for one cell.
But I tried selected column B and entered *=HYPERLINK(A1:A100)* but
only B1 gets A1's link. B2 to B100 are still empty.

--
anjanesh

Freelance Developer
anjanesh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27132
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=521308

Use
=hyperlink(a1)
in B1
then select B1 and copy it down the column.

anjanesh wrote:

> Ah...something like that - it works for one cell.
> But I tried selected column B and entered *=HYPERLINK(A1:A100)* but
> only B1 gets A1's link. B2 to B100 are still empty.
>
> --
> anjanesh
>
> Freelance Developer
> anjanesh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27132
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=521308

--

Dave Peterson
0

--
anjanesh

Freelance Developer
anjanesh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27132
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=521308

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

setting a formula to apply to all rows in a column
I want to set a simple (k-e) formula to apply to all rows in a column rather than to a finite set of rows. This is because I want people to be able to add an indefinite number of rows without the formula suddenly stopping working. Is this possible? (I asked my work IT helpdesk but they didn't know how to do it nor whether it was possible! :) thanks folks, -- dave @ stejonda Maybe you mean something like this In say, L2: =IF(COUNT(E2,K2)<>2,"",K2-E2) Copy L2 down to cover the max expected extent of data in cols E and K, say down to L200. Col L will then appear &quo...

Data Table in Clustered Column Charts
I have created a pivot table with these data: Count of User Year Unit 2006 Grand Total A 10 10 B 8 8 C 7 7 Grand Total 25 25 After that I created a Clustered Column Chart, and I am able to create a data table with the values as shown from the table. I would like to include another set of data as follow: Unit percentage A 1.27% B 10.39% C 70.00% Is there any way that I can include these data (which is in the same excel screen) in the same graph? ...

columns in RMSSO
Hi There, Is it possible to change the columns on the forms ?? For example: Receiving po contains: Type, Item Lookup Code, Reorder Number, Description, OtyOrd, QtyRTD, QtyRcv, Cost, Price, NewPrice, Extended We need: Item Lookup Code, Description, MPQ, Price, BinLocation We need to modify few other forms as well. I think I've seen that in one of the add-ons while ago, but I cant remember which one was it and I'm not 100% sure if I really did. Thanks, Arthur ...

Move a Column to rows
How can I move text that is in a column to rows -- soddyd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- soddydj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2571 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39129 Try using Copy then Paste Special - Transpose HTH Phil Copy the cells in the column you want to be in a row, go to the cell yo want to paste the data and hit Edit, Paste Special and select Transpos in the tickbox. Click ok -- swedish ma ----------------------------------------------------------...

Exchange 2007 in child domain.
Hi I have a Win2k3 domain with a couple of child domains. The two Exchange2k3 servers are in two separate Organizations(due to a 5.5 migration) and located in the root domain. The new child domain trusts the root domain, but not vice versa. Exchange2k7 asks for access to the FSMO DC in the root domain, which it can ping but apparently not access. Furthermore i get a preinstall error that says the Exchange2k7 must be in the same site/domain as the FSMO server. I suspect that exchange needs to make some schema changes before it can be installed, but are these one time changes or pr server. Co...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

applying formula to a column
Hello, I have the three columns, A, B and C and their first row contains headers. Here is an example: HeaderA HeaderB HeaderC 2 5 7 1 15 4 9 3 I want column C to automatically calculate the sume of columns A and B. So for the above example, I would have column C filled up with (7,8,19,9,3). Also if both cells in columns A and B are blank, column C will be blank. I applied the following formula to the whole column C by clicking on the C column and after entering the formula I pressed CTRL-ENTER: =IF(OR(ISNUMBER(A2),ISNUMBER(...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Can .Net Framework2.0 replace Framework1.1 entirely?
Can .Net Framework2.0 replace Framework1.1 entirely? I encounters a strange problem while we upgrades Framework from 1.1 to 2.0. We develops a problem by VS.Net2003 that is based on Framework1.1. The problem is based MFC, that means we writes unmanaged code. We compiled the problem by VS.net2003 and FrameWork1.1, then distributes to user. In user's environment, it installed .Net Framework2.0, but not Framework 1.1. then a strange problem appears. when user inputs Japanese characters by IME in a popup window, it doesn't work. for example, while user inputs "あい" by I...

Dropdown governing a column?
I'm curious as to how to do this (if it's possible..). My setup is as follows: This all focuses on product inventory. On Worksheet 1 (orders), I've got it setup so that product codes are in the first column, down the left hand side (A). Each column after that is topped (cell 1) by the date in which the order was added to the inventory. Worksheet 2 and worksheet 3 are setup in the same way, just involving different numbers.. (one is inventory checked out by employees, the other is current stock of inventory.) But the setup is the exact same. Now, I have a fourth worksheet,...

Column chart with average line
Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to have a column chart with a horizontal line on it representing the average? Thanks John http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "JRD" <JRD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AE337A5-6C86-4EE1-9CB3-28DF050B3238@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to have a column chart with a > horizontal line on it representing the average? > &g...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Adding columns to "Look Up Records" window #4
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window "Look Up Records" appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 "Rick Johnson" c...

countif from two columns
I need to count when day column in Monday and value column is 200, example somthing like: countif ((A:A,"Monday") and (B:B,"200")) This formulae does not work as it is, how must i modify it to make it work? James =sumproduct((a1:a500="Monday")*(b1:b500=200)) Unfortunately you cannot use the complete column selection in this function. Tony >-----Original Message----- >I need to count when day column in Monday and value column >is 200, example somthing like: >countif ((A:A,"Monday") and (B:B,"200")) > >This formulae d...

can i restrict data entry from certain columns
Is there a way to keep data from being entered in all columns afte column B? The data is scanned by wireless barcode scanner and th scanner can only have one suffix (i.e. tab, space, enter) {can' alternate}. This will help in having to go back and cut and paste al the entered data to the correct position on the spreadsheet -- surgeando ----------------------------------------------------------------------- surgeandoj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2503 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38561 Select the c...

Merging multiple spreadsheets by matching columns
As an Access Newbie I have been at this for two days. I have a Quickbooks inventory speadsheet and Multiple vender price spreadsheets. I would like to merge the "cost" column from the Multiple vendor spreadsheets onto the Quickbooks Inventory speadsheet using "part number" column as the matching field. It seems like a simple process in my head, but be damn if I can figure out how to translate those commands in Access '07 Is the a Template available that would help? ...

Organize multiple columns into one column
I was wondering if there is an easy way to take multiple columns of data and move them into one column (other than copy and paste). I used the 'text to columns' tool, which separated the data into various columns using the comma delimiter. Ultimately, I want to summarize all of the data using a Pivot Table report, and using the list approach has been the only way I know to do this (only way to ensure all data is referenced). Any help would greatly be appreciated. Regards, Tajeri Not sure why you would want to put several columns into 1 but :- 1. Copy a formula down an empt...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

columns to rows
I do not have a computer running Access at the moment. An idea occurred to me. a common task is to convert table data such as: Key col1 col2 col3 ...... colN to a new table Key colkey The usual responses I have seen is VBA or a big union query Is it possible to create a table with just one numeric field colkey containing records with values 1 to N, put that in the design grid with the original table in a make table query with output fields Key and colddata, and write: coldata: IIF(colkey=1,[col1],IIF(colkey=2, [col2],(IIF(colkey=3,[col3] .......... Apologies if I am wasting grou...

Calculate cell row and column
I have a case where I have a pivot table one ROW designator with about 20 values. I also have about 10 values. What I want to do is have the data listed as ROW 1 Data value 1 Data value 2 Data value 3 instead of Row 1 Data value1 Data value2 Data value3 Row 2 Data value1 etc. Is there a way to do this that isn't tedious? Thanks in advance, Barb Reinhardt Barb, Drag the Data Value button to the top of the columns. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Barb R." <BarbR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13A97919-634E-4BA8-8BE1-A1...

Stacked Column and Clustered Column
Does anyone know if you can create a stacked and clustered graph in one. What I am trying to achieve is have one cloumn whicth the data stacked on top of each other and another with just one piece of data Hope this makes sense Amy See my website: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "AmyD" <AmyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:907E9A92-3ED8-417C-A040-D138500D267F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if you can create a stacked and clustered graph i...

Macro to shift all source data in a chart by one row or column?
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet which contains at least twenty years of data and twenty or thirty charts. Each year we update all of the charts to move the forecast period to the current year and the next five years. Because there is data well beyond the five year period, a dynamic range for the chart data would not work. Can anyone suggest if it is possible to write a macro which I can run on each chart to shift the source data for each series in the chart by one column or row to the right? Any suggestions would be gratefully received! Thanks in advance, Shan try this defined ...

single table with columns that have different amounts of rows
Is the above possible? If so, how can this be done? Thank you in advance -- jleipart Only by making use of merged cells, and no-one I know has a good word to say about merged cells, so from my perspective, no. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- "jleipart" <jleipart@dis...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...