Hyperlink problem 2003 to 2002 and 2000

We have multi-sheet workbooks with hyperlinks between worksheets we create
in 2003. When we send to a 2000 or 2002 user, they cannot use the hyperlink.
Anyone know how to resolve?

0
bob7162 (5)
10/4/2005 3:25:17 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Save it as a htm?

"Bob" wrote:

> We have multi-sheet workbooks with hyperlinks between worksheets we create
> in 2003. When we send to a 2000 or 2002 user, they cannot use the hyperlink.
> Anyone know how to resolve?

0
saintolaf (56)
10/4/2005 3:36:09 PM
Saving as an HTM will not help as users share the workbook. The hyperlinks
are to move users between worsheets in the workbook.

"Bob" <bob@k2e.com> wrote in message
> We have multi-sheet workbooks with hyperlinks between worksheets we create
> in 2003. When we send to a 2000 or 2002 user, they cannot use the
> hyperlink. Anyone know how to resolve?

0
bob7162 (5)
10/4/2005 5:04:20 PM
What happens when the xl2k/xl2002 user clicks the hyperlink?

How do you insert the hyperlink--are you using Insert|Link and pointing to a
drive/folder--maybe that's the problem.

I've used the =hyperlink() worksheet function and never had any trouble:

David McRitchie posted this and it might help you:

  =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5)
  =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5)
  =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5)

--

Dave Peterson
0

My guess is that you are using  HYPERLINK Worksheet Function
if you are then Excel 2000 has a problem with
     =HYPERLINK(sheet3!C5,sheet3!C5)

in Excel 2000 you would have to include the entire pathname,
or you can use  the # in front and it will work in other versions that support
hyperlinks as well :
  =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheet3!C5),sheet3!C5) \\

If that is not the problem then you will have to indicate if the
hyperlinks that fail are   Hyperlink Worksheet Function   or  object
hyperlinks.    What the link is -- how it is coded.   And exactly what
error message you get if any.

More information in
  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sheets.htm#hyperlink
--
HTH,

"Bob" <bob@k2e.com> wrote in message news:%23cs%23uWQyFHA.3624@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Saving as an HTM will not help as users share the workbook. The hyperlinks
> are to move users between worsheets in the workbook.
>
> "Bob" <bob@k2e.com> wrote in message
> > We have multi-sheet workbooks with hyperlinks between worksheets we create
> > in 2003. When we send to a 2000 or 2002 user, they cannot use the
> > hyperlink. Anyone know how to resolve?

Credentials Problem
Hi there, I have sort of a strange problem. One of my users had to change his password yesterday and did so as usual. After that, Outlook stopped working. The user can logon to the system but when he tries to start Outlook he is prompted by the user credentials window. Wheh he types in the correct password, Outlook starts and lets him access his email, but prompts for the password 5 minytes later. Meanwhile, the user's account on the domain controller gets locked which leads me to believe Outlook is sending the wrong password? What's weird is that Outlook will not work ...

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Outlook 2000 automatic name checking
Automatic name checking is not working. How to fix? It is selected to use that feature but does not work. Thanks, ...

vertical scroll bar problem
Does anyone know how to reduce the size of the vertical scroll bar? I have a rather large spreadsheet in which the vertical scroll bar can't be dragged up or down because it fills the space. (Does that make any sense?) Can't find anything on the Help text about this. Under Windows XP the scroll bar size is set by: Display Properties, Appearance, Advanced and pick Scroll Bar from the drop down list. You can get to Display Properties from Control Panel or by right clicking the desktop and picking Properties. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP It is in your windows settings, right clic...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Excel 2002
Hello. I am having problems filtering out phone numbers starting with 230745* in a column. I can filter out text but not numbers. Any ideas? If the entries truly are numbers, and assuming they are 10 digit numbers, then you need to use one criteria of >=2307450000 and another of <=2307459999 "Mike Faulkner" wrote: > Hello. I am having problems filtering out phone numbers starting with 230745* > in a column. I can filter out text but not numbers. Any ideas? I found this solution: Autofilter doesn't work with digits as if they were other characters (e.g. l...

Outlook Clilent Problem Post Rollup2
Installed Rollup2 on server and clients. Desktop clients ok, but on notebook client I can list accounts etc as usual but it wont allow me to click on them to open any record (clicking on a link such as parent account from the contacts list) does work but cant open the records being listed on the screen? Anyone seen anything like this or any suggestions? Thanks Roger If it throws more light on it at the bottom of the Outlook (2007) screen there is a message saying waiting for http://localhost:2525/root/blank.aspx - and it just sits there waiting never apparently finding it? Appreci...

How do I disable the splash screen in Outlook 2003?
Hi there. I have now started using Outlook 2003 rather than Outlook Express and wondered how to get rid of the splash screen in Outlook 2003 like I did with Outlook Express as I make the program run at start up and the splash screen gets annoying. Thanks for any help. Also I'd rather not use the program No Splash Killer, as it takes up too many resources. I don't think there's a way to supress the splash "Sam Kerracher" <nojunkplease@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:ud5g5iLjFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi there. > I have now started using...

PrintDialog problem
Hi Guys, Can you someone take a look at my post from 4/21 about Customizing Print Dialog to see if I am overlooking something? http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vc.mfc/browse_frm/thread/5a21b58df5ee38fb/aba928da7a50ed50#aba928da7a50ed50 Thanks AliR. Hi AliR, We have already reviewed that issue, currently we need more detailed information to research the problem. Would you please check it there? Thanks for your understanding. Best regards, Gary Chang Microsoft Online Community Support ================================================== When responding to posts, please &...

Tasks disappearing in Outlook 2002
Anybody experienced uncompleted tasks disappearing out of Outlook 2002? An employee could be fired because they keep complaining of their active task list (which is required) disappearing when they come to work in the morning. Before action is taken, though, I thought I'd better ask if anyone else has experienced this. Note: we are not on an Exchange Server, there's nothing in the "deleted" folder, I've run the view by catagory and there are ONLY completed items left. Thx ...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Installing Windows 2003 SP1 on Exchange 2003 SP1
I hope someone can share his/her experience installing Windows 2003 SP1 on Exchange 2003 SP1. I have some front end (exchange 2003 SP1) servers running on windows 2003 server, before upgrading them to exchange SP2 I would like to install W2k3 SP1. Are there any hot fixes needed? Do I have to reinstall Exchange SP1 after I install Windows 2003 SP1 ? Any notes or links (couldn’t find any so far) regarding this issue will be very much appreciated. -- Nawar Aljanabi MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA Do not need to reinstall Exchange 2003 SP1. Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pac...

MS Word (and other apps) trigger Security Dialog in OL 2002
When I create, forward or reply to an email in OL 2002 for the first time each day, I get the security dialog "a program is trying to access your email addresses." I use MS Word 2002 as my email editor. Subsequent attempts to create, forward and reply do not trigger this dialog. Also, my phone sync program does the same thing every time. I sometimes have had the problem with activesync. Any explanations? TIA Michael The unknown Posterchild wrote: > When I create, forward or reply to an email in OL 2002 for the first time > each day, I get the security dialog "a ...

Percentage cut-n-paste problem
I made a simple spreadsheet with a "number of shares" column and a "share price" column. I created another column to calculate "total value". I then total the value of all shares in a cell below the "total value" for each stock. I then enter a formula to calculate the percentage value of the first stock. So far, no problems. I copy the cell with the percent formula and paste it to the remaining cells in that column. Problem: Excel increments not only the row for each individual stock, it does so for the total cell. So how do I do this without h...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

KB324345 does not fix my problem
I am experiencing the problem described in http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324345 (error 80090308 when trying to edit public folder properties) The certificate shows the fdqn of the exchange server and deselecting the SSL 128bit option in EXADMIN does nothing for me. It might be relevant to point out that I have applied the fix described in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823569 (email attachments are not uploaded to the document library in your SharePoint Services Virtual Server. Who can help? IT PHYTOSAN ...

GetModuleHandle problem
Hello I am trying to use GetModuleHandle and in the documentation it says: "Retrieves a module handle for the specified module. The module must have been loaded by the calling process." So I am having a problem because in my Executable, it loads user32.dll which loads advapi32.dll which loads secur32.dll which loads ntdsapi.dll which loads ws2_32.dll. I got this information from Dependecy Walker. So in other words, the chain looks something like this: user32.dll -> advapi32.dll -> secur32.dll -> ntdsapi.dll -> ws2_32.dll I try to call GetModuleHandle("ws2_32.d...

Exchange 2003 compatibility with SharePoint 2010??
Is Exchange 2003 compatible with SharePoint Foundation 2010?? Or must we upgrade to Exchange 2010?? Thank you, Tom If you're simply wondering if SharePoint can use Exchange 2003 to send e-mail through, the answer is yes. All SharePoint needs is any old SMTP service to pass mail through. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "tom12010" <tlyczko@gmail.com> wrote in message news:908e218a-6827-4fcb-a65b-2621b60c805c@o3g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > Is Exchange 2003 compatible with SharePoint Foundation 2010?? > Or...

Windows Update problem
Every 2 minutes I keep getting the yellow shield pop-up "updates available" (I have it set to notify me, not automatically) I keeps saying I need Excel 2002 and Word 2002 security update. Funny thing tho- I don't have 2002, I have Office XP. Plus I keep checking "Don't remind me of these again", yet it keeps reminding me every 2 minutes. I even went to Windows update (online) and checked then to not remind me. It started this morning, I had about 20-30 updates available, mostly Office. half were for Office 2002. I kept clicking do not remind me again on ...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

sorting problem
Hello, i have sorted my form in data sheet view with ([qryisometricfilenameA/G].[hypersort]), now i want to save this sorting when the form will be opened, now when i open the form and sort by another field and then close that and reopen it, the sorting is by another field that i have done previous. My query is like below: SELECT DISTINCTROW qryisometricfilename.hypersort, qryisometricfilename.hyper, qryisometricfilename.[Unit No], qryisometricfilename.[Line Size], qryisometricfilename.[Fluid Code], qryisometricfilename.[Unit No Iso], qryisometricfilename.[Pipe Sequence No], ...

Forms and AutoText Problem
I have a form and I am using the following code to test if a check box is checked and if so, to insert Autotext. Everything works fine, however, right after the autotext is inserted I would like the cursor to return to the first fill in formfield of the autotext just inserted. Right now, it is going to the next fillin formfield after the checkbox. I've tried various code after the line ".AttachedTemplate.AutoTextEntries(ATEntryName).Insert myRange, True" and after the line InsertATEntry "Check1", "MoreClientInfo", True, but have had no luck. ...

Unable to launch Outlook 2003 from IE 6 #2
I am trying to send an email from ie using the File>Send>Page by email OR Link by email and I can't even get Outlook to launch. Anyone have any ideas??? Aloha newbro2@gmail.com, What happens when you try? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > I am trying to send an email from ie using the File>Send>Page by email > OR Link by email and I can't even get Outlook to launch. Anyone have > any ideas??? > ...