Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Is it possible to put hyperlinks into a pivot table to go to the detail in
other worksheets?  I have a top 10 list of components with issues and would
like the user to be able to click on the component to go to the list of
issues.  I thought if I put the hyperlink in the cell where the pivot table
is getting it's info, it would come through, but that didn't work.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks
0
Sunryzz (5)
1/27/2006 9:07:27 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

Just double clicking on the cell with the data of interest, will open
another sheet showing all of the entries making up that value.
Delete the newly created sheet after you have finished with it.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Sunryzz" <Sunryzz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to put hyperlinks into a pivot table to go to the
> detail in
> other worksheets?  I have a top 10 list of components with issues and
> would
> like the user to be able to click on the component to go to the list
> of
> issues.  I thought if I put the hyperlink in the cell where the pivot
> table
> is getting it's info, it would come through, but that didn't work.
> Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks

0
roger5293 (1126)
1/27/2006 10:19:32 PM
Would you have any suggestions if the data of interest is actually not in the
same range that is included in the pivot table?  I have 25 separate
spreadsheets with all the detail (no way it would fit in one) and have
hyperlinks to the appropriate worksheet in the range I used for the pivot
table.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Just double clicking on the cell with the data of interest, will open
> another sheet showing all of the entries making up that value.
> Delete the newly created sheet after you have finished with it.
> --
> Regards
>
> Roger Govier
>

> "Sunryzz" <Sunryzz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to put hyperlinks into a pivot table to go to the
> > detail in
> > other worksheets?  I have a top 10 list of components with issues and
> > would
> > like the user to be able to click on the component to go to the list
> > of
> > issues.  I thought if I put the hyperlink in the cell where the pivot
> > table
> > is getting it's info, it would come through, but that didn't work.
> > Any
> > suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks

0
Sunryzz (5)

excel table in a page of a word document, horizontally
hi I want to insert an excel table in a page of a word document, horizontally the other word pages are vertical thank you amandio c Hi Amandio See reply in public.fr.excel Cordially Pascal "AC" <mail@amandioc.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 42883e1a$0$25089$a729d347@news.telepac.pt... > hi > I want to insert an excel table in a page of a word document, horizontally > the other word pages are vertical > thank you > > amandio c > > ...

check whether that data is in the table
I want to check whether that data entered is in that table or not in MS ACCESS... I am using MS ACCESS to create my application.... May i know the way? Use DLookup() to see if the data is already in the table. Details in: Getting a value from a table: DLookup() at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "EMILYTAN" <u33296@uwe> wrote in message news:70a0683bf30a2@uwe... >I want to check whether ...

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

How do I make all cells in a table the same height & width?
Is there an easy way in Publisher to take a preformatted table and change the size of cells so that all are the same height and width? Use grid guides from Arrange, layout guides or create your guides from the ruler (arrange, ruler guides). There is no easy way. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jdmundy" <jdmundy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBA41AD8-7933-493C-8145-C439509A545B@microsoft.com... > Is there an easy way in Publisher to take a preformatted table and change the > ...

Stop some records sending table!
I have a code that sends my "Horses" [HorseID] to a "Holding Invoices" table tblInvoice_ItMdt I also have a query that has my "horses" [HorseID] that dont have a owner! What I would like to add is if HorseID is in qryHorseNoOwner to fail to send to tblInvoice_ItMdt Private Sub cmdCreateHoldingInvoices_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Horse_ID_Click Dim recInvoice_ItMdt As ADODB.Recordset Set recInvoice_ItMdt = New ADODB.Recordset Dim recHorseInfo As ADODB.Recordset Set recHorseInfo = New ADODB.Recordset Dim recTmpInvoice_ItMdt As ADODB.Recordset Set r...

How to get two different grouped pivot tables from the same data table?
Hi, I have one data sheet that looks like this: Date Value (=80) 2008-02-01 450 .. .. .. 2009-06-03 From the data sheet (Data) I have created a pivot table grouped by months and years (Pivot 1) with the sum of value. That is no problem. But later when I create one more sheet where I want the data to be grouped by weeks (Pivot 2) the grouping changes in Pivot 1 to weeks too. Does anyone know how to get around this? How can you get for example get one pivot graph showing the sum per week and one per month in the same Excel file using grouping on...

Data Table in Clustered Column Charts
I have created a pivot table with these data: Count of User Year Unit 2006 Grand Total A 10 10 B 8 8 C 7 7 Grand Total 25 25 After that I created a Clustered Column Chart, and I am able to create a data table with the values as shown from the table. I would like to include another set of data as follow: Unit percentage A 1.27% B 10.39% C 70.00% Is there any way that I can include these data (which is in the same excel screen) in the same graph? ...

PIVOT TABLE ALL option
Is there any way to remove the "All" option that comes in the page fields in a pivot table?? Nope... All is there to stay... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Aman" wrote: > Is there any way to remove the "All" option that comes in the page > fields in a pivot table?? > As Jim said, you can't remove the "All" option in the page field. With programming, you could select another item if the user selects "All". For example, the following code is stored on the worksheet's code module: Right-click the sheet tab, and choose Vi...

Auto table name change in Access queries
Do anyone know how to disable automatic table name change in Accessqueries?Currently, I am testing a set of 30 queries in an Access database andneed to have these 30 queries run on different tables, for example,tblA, tblB, and tblC. I have all 30 queries built using tblA. Iwanted to test the data in tblB, so I renamed tblA to tblA_BK and tblBto tblA. However, when I ran the queries, some queries are referringto tblA but some are referring to tblA_BK. Why it that? How toprovent this from happening?Thank you in advanced for your help.- Grasshopper - That is done by Name AutoCorrect, which i...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

single table with columns that have different amounts of rows
Is the above possible? If so, how can this be done? Thank you in advance -- jleipart Only by making use of merged cells, and no-one I know has a good word to say about merged cells, so from my perspective, no. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- "jleipart" <jleipart@dis...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?
I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are displayed correctly. One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a document related to the record. I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink commands. Does anyone knows how to do this? NEW If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell....... =HYPERLINK(cellref) ...

Can Pivot display text as data values
Hi! I'm trying to create a "dynamic phonebook" using Pivot. I.e. I can select from Page e.g. City and department, in Row Field there's listed Role and Name and In Data Items phone number and email-address. It basicly looks great, but it seems its impossible to display text values of the data. Is it possible to display text in data items? Example Page: City:Capitol City Dep.:IT-Department Rows: Role: Field Engineer Name: John Doe Data: Phone: 01 23456 Email: john.doe@mail.com I know Pivot wasn't meant for this purpose, but it would be a good tool for tha...

Insert hyperlink off and on ?
Why does the insert hyperlink drop down appear grayed out sometimes but at other times it works just fine. This is when I am doing a regular e-mail and want to highlight a term and insert a hyperlink. Outlook 2000. Just seems to have a mind of its own. ...

outputing table to excel file using VBA Access 2000
H I have a VBA module that I want to use to output an Access 2000 table to an excel spreadsheet the code is DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputTable, "xBExport", acFormatXLS, "ScotiaTrackBranchExport.xls", Fals this code worked in Access 97 I then converted the database to Access 2000 I get the following error: runtime error 2281: the formats taht enable you to output data as an MS Excel are missing or incorrectly registered in the Windows registry I checked my references to make sure using the accesss 2000 DAO and object library, etc Does anyone know the answer to this problem...

E-mail query to recipients in table
Hello, I have created a database in Access 2003 with a table of suppliers and a table containing my orders with those suppliers. Now suppose I want to send out lists with outstanding orders to those individual suppliers as a sort of reminder, only containing their "own" orders. I have written following code: --- Dim rs As Recordset Set rs = DBEngine(0)(0).OpenRecordset("tblSuppliers") Do While Not rs.EOF If DCount("[SupplierID]", "qryOutstanding", "[SupplierID] = '" & rs.Fields(0) & "'") <...

Hyperlink
I have successfully hyperlinked from a cell in Excel to a Visio file. Does anyone know how to link to a specific shape within the Visio file? The hyperlink can include page, shape, and zoom percent. Ex: http: //MyServer/MyDrawing.vsd#Page-2/Sheet.1?zoom=100 Visio will display the page, center the shape, and zoom to the given percent (but will not select the shape). Hope this helps, -- Bill K. Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "JD" <jd@tivo.com> wrote in message news:068301c350a0$badcfc60$a101280...

Temporary Vendor Table
Hi: Could you please gtive me some information on the Temporary Vendor Table in Great Plains 10. How does it work? Does it save the address information? What is the table Name? JanieB, There is no such thing as a "Temporary Vendor Table". There is the PM Vendor Master table (dbo.PM00200) which is widely documented. It does save the defaul vendor address. However, addresses are stored separately in the PM Address Master table (dbo.PM00300). The PM Vendor Master has a one-to-many relationship with the PM Address Master file, this is, there should be at least one address ...

pivot tables
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet that has a variety of 'fields', split into column ie. name | address1 | address 2 | priority | zone I have created a pivot table that shortlists based on the priority an zone fields. Problem is, I can only get the 'name' data listed in th result rows, and not the associated address data. The ideal is to b able to generate as follows; Pivottable priority - select from a dropdown (done this) zone - select from a dropdown (done this) name1 - address1 address2 name2 - address1 address2 name3 - .... Any ideas -- Message posted from http...