Hyperlink base: What does it do?

Excel 2007

I've been reading some posts on the hyperlink base feature, but I'm
not sure what it's supposed to do.

What I would THINK it should is that, when you press Ctrl-k in a cell,
the Address would automatically appear as your base and the Current
Folder would open to the base folder, so you could set you more-
specific hyperlinked location from there.  But that's not what
happens.

Does the hyperlink base have any practical value when creating
hyperlinks using Ctrl-k?

Thanks.
0
wal
2/8/2010 10:30:29 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Replacing Xml nodes based on validation results
I am using a XmlValidatingReader to validate an xml against a xsd schema. What I would like to achieve is to "mark" each invalid node element with an attribute. The resultant xml is then passed to the next stage of the processing pipeline. Therefore, an xml fragment such as: <bk:book publisher="WROX"> <bk:title>XSLT Programmer's Reference</bk:title> <bk:author>Michael Kay</bk:author> <bk:publication-date>2001-04-30</bk:publication-date> <bk:quantity>11</bk:quantity> </bk:book> <bk:book publi...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?
I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are displayed correctly. One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a document related to the record. I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink commands. Does anyone knows how to do this? NEW If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell....... =HYPERLINK(cellref) ...

Omit data based on criteria in reports
I have a report which gives an employee's productivity rating, based on a set standard. This standard depends on what product the employee is running at the time. However, some times the employees run products that do not have standards associated with them (trial products for instance). A daily report tells: Employee Product How much was produced How much was expected (standard) % Expected (How much was produced/How much was expected) When a trial product is run on a given day, the % Expected number is Null (=IIf([How much was expected] = 0, Nul...

How to have Invoice Format be based on Customer Class ID?
Our company has two separate divisions which each invoice separately. We would like for each division to print its own invoice format. We will segregate customers by Class ID. Is there a way to have a given Customer Class ID default to a given Invoice Format? (Others have suggested VBA... can someone get us started on that code?) Thanks! Yes you could do this either using Dexterity or VBA. You would, of course, only be able to do this if printing single document because if you print a batch of invoices (by choosing a range of some sort) then it prints as one big report and so it woul...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

Conditional Formating based on another cell
I have 2 columns of concern DATE and COST. I would like the COST cell to be shaded if the DATE cell is less than a specificed date. Then if it is possible to calculate the COST field but only the ones highlighted. Help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Stacey For the conditional format, use the following for the condition of the cost column: =$A$2<TODAY() and so on, where cell A2 is the corresponding date column. Select the appropriate shade on the pattern tab. As far as calculating the cost column if it is highlighted, my only thoughts are to write a macro that you can run that c...

Conditionally Change Text based on Previous Record's Text
Gang - The following is a sample from a worksheet. The following snippet is repeated for each of 88 counties, giving me a 900-record matrix. I'm trying to verify the statewide totals (by summing across counties) and I've reached the conclusion that I'm limited with options because "Permits Issued" is found twice in each county. I need to find a way to selectively change one of the Permits Issued values (or create something new). The only thing that is unique is the text above it (In-Season Permits in the first case and Out-of-Season Permits in the 2nd). Something lik...

Insert hyperlink off and on ?
Why does the insert hyperlink drop down appear grayed out sometimes but at other times it works just fine. This is when I am doing a regular e-mail and want to highlight a term and insert a hyperlink. Outlook 2000. Just seems to have a mind of its own. ...

Hyperlink
I have successfully hyperlinked from a cell in Excel to a Visio file. Does anyone know how to link to a specific shape within the Visio file? The hyperlink can include page, shape, and zoom percent. Ex: http: //MyServer/MyDrawing.vsd#Page-2/Sheet.1?zoom=100 Visio will display the page, center the shape, and zoom to the given percent (but will not select the shape). Hope this helps, -- Bill K. Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "JD" <jd@tivo.com> wrote in message news:068301c350a0$badcfc60$a101280...

hyperlink problem
i have three columns that make up my pdf file names i.e. example: columnA=2010, columnB=03, columnC=33 (my file name is 20100333.pdf). i want to have a column that opens corresponding pdf files. moreover i would like the function to look up for the files in the same drive that my excel files relies on. i have all these in usb and i change many computers so each computer may give a different drive letter name to my usb. can i achieve something like that? p.s. i want to open the pdf file directly, not through the internet explorer. ...

Couting rows based on given data range
Hi All, I have a sheet which contains supplier details for whom invoices are still open and are ageing: Eg. Supplier Valid Invoice Invoice Ageing (Days) ABC Valid 1 ABC Valid 2 ABC Invalid 3 ABC Invalid 5 ABC Valid 6 ABC Valid 16 ABC Valid 19 ABC Valid 20 ABC Valid 7 ABC Valid 10 ABC Valid 11 I ha...

Delete all Hyperlinks and Actions
Hi, Is there anyway to see and delete all Hyperlinks and Actions in one go? Thanks Only with vba code AFAIK -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Cazzy123" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there anyway to see and delete all Hyperlinks and Actions in one go? > > Thanks ...

Associate Macros to a Hyperlink
I would like to associate a simple macro to a hyperlink so when click on the hyperlink, excel would go to a certain sheet and change its zoom. Can anyone help me on how to do it? Thank you MJO Hi you can use the worksheet_followhyperlink event to achieve this. E.g. put the following code in your worksheet module Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink) If Target.Range.Address = "$A$1" Then 'insert your code here End If End Sub The above will process your code if the hyperlink in cell A1 is invoked. HTH Frank Maria João Oliveira wrote: > I...

Pls check the mail once VC++ Dialog Based appliaction for installation
Hai Guys, When you will double click exe file then dialog appeared, In that dialog progress bar, next cancel and back byutton are also there. if we click next then again one more dialog appeared. (This application is know as installation appliaction. in the same way uninstall application is also there. In the control panel Add-Remove programs in that one which application is installated on the system that is updated. How to do this application using VC++/MFC. I Want this dialog based appliaction source code in V++/MFC Thank you. Ramesh We use InstallShield to build ins...

Blocked hyperlinks
After Ctrl-Click on hyperlinks in Office programs i get a message that the computer is blocked for this operation and that i should contact the admin (thats me). I am using Windows 7, Office 07, IE8 and Live Mail 09 (all with available updates). (I reinstalled Chrome but that didn't help. Saw a suggestion about that.) Got one suggestion to reinstall Office but have not tried that. Any easier suggestions? -- Peter L I had the same problem a few days ago. Try this procedure founded on the web: "Restore registry settings in the User Profile 1. Click Start, click Run...

Filtering Hyperlinks
Good day, I've linked excel data to a map. When I click the hyperlink (state) on the map it will highlight the cells I referenced. I would also like this data to filter. So, my question is - is there a way to setup auto filters to links. Example: If I have data in cells 1 - throught 1000, and I have a hyperlink on a map to hightlight cells 3, 6 9, 100, 1000 - is there a way I can develop a formula where only the data shows related to that hyperlink ...

A click or control click on a hyperlink in an e-mail goes nowhere
Why can't I folow a hyperlink with a click or a control-click? version of outlook? Which folder is the message in? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH...

Hyperlink
Is it possible to password a hyperlink? The main form hyperlinks to another form, but we need to have a password so that only selected users can hyperlink to this 2nd form. Thanks in advance for you help. -Marty ...