html source code into Excel

Can anyone tell me how to (in VBA) get the source code for a web page
into a string so that I can parse it? Note: I can't use a Query Table
for this part as the data I need is imbedded into an href.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
  Paul

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Excel, Word
I have a windows XP computer that when I open word or excel the program does not even begin to open for about 30 seconds. At one point I saw that it was executing DDE Commands???? ...

i have a 128 kb excel file that saves very slowly????
i have a small workbook file with about 14 sheets and no macros that i believe i ever created, in fact, i dont know how to create a macro. my sheets have simple calculations, and nothing fancy that i know of, but the workbook saves extremely slowly. can anyone help me. i know the file was created in an earlier version, but after saving in the new version, shouldnt it automatically update everything. thanks. ...

Code to save info to another column?
I've got a sheet, in which column "D" is just numbers, fed real-time by mulitple other sheets in the same workbook. Is there a way so that at say 5am every day, it saves what is in column D to column E. Then the next day, it saves it to F, then G, and so on? What it is, is an inventory checkout sheet for our bar at work. Each page is a different type of booze (whiskey, rum, vodka, etc) and they have a touchscreen on the register comp. So I built a bunch of sheets with buttons to keep track of all the bottles they get out of the storage room. I plan on leaving this sheet ...

outlook and HTML message
I am using outlook 2003. I have composed a message in HTML and using POP yahoo account. I sent a message to myself. In my outlook I got that message with one extra line after each line break. Where to correct the problem. Is it outlook issue or my yahoo pop issue. When I send the same email to my Gmail account, in the browser it looks the same as what I sent i.e. no extra lines etc. thanks. Put your HTML message in a table cell. "abcd" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message news:%23F72x7JkGHA.4828@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am using outlook 2003. I have composed a messag...

Viewing HTML in E-mail for Outlook 97
How do you view HTML e-mail messages in Outlook 97. The mail program does not have HTML settings and when I open mail that has HTML, it coverts all of the HTML to hyperlinks. So I can't see graphics, photos, etc in- line...many thanks! Dwayne Outlook 97 does not support HTML at all. The first version to support this was Outlook 98. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Dwayne &...

Convert Google Business Search Results to Excel?
Is there a tool or a method for converting the results of a google business search to excel format? so that you could have separate cells for business name, address, and phone number? thanks! What is a "google business search"? Excel will accept most any thing provided you give it formatted data. dEaFTOLiGhT@gmail.com wrote: > Is there a tool or a method for converting the results of a google > business search to excel format? so that you could have separate > cells for business name, address, and phone number? thanks! > Have you tried Data>Import External ...

Generating HTML
Is there ant way to include the Internet Explorer component in a MFC .exe project and somehow generate HTML. Maybe first generate XML and then using XSLT templates to generate HTML. For any solutions i'de be very thankfull. Regards, Mystique Yaa >>Is there ant way to include the Internet Explorer component in a MFC .exe project You can use CHtmlView class to use Internet Explorer in your MFC application. >> Maybe first generate XML and then using XSLT templates to generate HTML. You can use MSXML to create XML document. MSXML has many interfaces that you could use for ...

Excel 2000
When I enter a simple formula i.e.3 + 3 the answer "6" should be displayed but the formula should still appear in the cell. However, the formula is being overridden with the answer 6. Another example, I want the sum of two cells (i.e. B3 + B4) to display in cell B5. I enter the formula into cell B5 and again the value of the two cells override the formula. The formula should remain and adjust with any new values entered into cells B3 or B4. Has anyone else had this problem? That is the way excel works, you can see the formula in the formula bar but the result will always be in...

DataBind Repeater to string[] in ViewData without code behind. MVC 2
Greetings, I'm coming from a WinForms background and diving into ASP.Net. I'm using: C#, VS2010, .Net 4.0, ASP.Net, MVC 2. What I want to do is get a string[] of roles in the controller with: string[] currentUsersRoles = Roles.GetRolesForUser(User.Identity.Name); Then I want to attach this to the ViewData object (also in the controller): ViewData["CurrentUsersRoles"] = currentUsersRoles; Now, in the View I want to bind a Repeater to the array I fed to ViewData. Something like: <asp:Repeater ID="CurrentUsersRoles" runat="se...

Calendar from Excel Data
I currently keep a fairly complex calendar as an Excel spreadsheet. I would like to find a way to automatically generate a normal-looking month-by- month calendar from this. I really don't need the month-by-month calendar to show much of the complexity, just the events and times and possibly locations in the correct dates on the calendar. I did a little looking on the web and saw many calendar systems, but it wasn't clear to me which might be able to import my data from Excel. --David ...

get_outerhtml for the HTML element does not return <HTML>......</HTML>
//////////sample code snippet//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// hr = _Browser->get_Document(&document_dispatch); if (SUCCEEDED(hr) && (document_dispatch != NULL)) { IHTMLDocument3 *document = NULL; hr = document_dispatch->QueryInterface(IID_IHTMLDocument3,(void **)&document); IHTMLElement* pElem; hr = document->get_documentElement(&pElem); // document.documentelement.outerhtml if (hr == S_OK && pElem != NULL) { pElem->get_tagName(&bstrTemp); //bstrTemp contains "HTML" for the HTML el...

I want to start Excel in Print Preview. What's the quickest way?
I want to start Excel in Print Preview. What's the quickest way? Put the following in the ThisWorkbook code module of your workbook. Private Sub Workbook_Open() ActiveSheet.PrintPreview enablechanges:=True 'or false End Sub -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Newbie seeks quick answer!" <Newbie seeks quick answer!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0E08A1C-62F4-4A15-AA05-D3C9BB32152B@microsoft.com... >I want to start Excel in Print Preview. What's the quickest way? W...

Excel 2000 Worksheets Disappearing
Large workbook (~9MB) with about 6 worksheets, macros, and a pivot table/chart. Workbook running on a LAN, with about 3 users (utilizing "Share Workbook" and "Track Changes"). I'm having entire worksheets disappearing out of this workbook, with the file size then dropping to about 5MB. I turned off "Share Workbook," but the workbook continues to have worksheets disappear. Have checked the forums, and have seen that Excel Track Changes can be problematic (and can cause file bloat), but haven't seen anything about entire worksheets disappearing. Any co...

Print a HTML document programatically
Hi, I need to print a html docment dynamically produced at runtime, at that instance. I'm using shellexecute for this, which is popping up the Windows default PrintDialog. I want it to be printed directly. Can anyone suggest a solution or give some sample code for this. Please do reply. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Ajay Kumar Have you looked at IWebBrowser2::ExecWB? This also might be helpful: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnie55/html /wb_print.asp -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ajay Kumar" &...

html
How do you create an "html" file? We need this file to display messages & promotions on the costumer display monitor Halo! I am student!!!! ...

Loss of code in button(s)
I did a repair on my .mdb and the code within my button was deleted. I also lost code within other buttons, the same .mdb when transferring my file from the hard drive (c:\) to a server drive. Why does this happen?I was also having problems with the code working correctly; I would get error messages stating that I was in design mode when I was not. I recreated the code in another .mdb and it worked fine. I also recreated the code in another form in the same .mdb and it was fine as well. Is there a corrupt object on the form that could be causing this problem ? Thank you. BelleCest My gu...

excel 97 #19
I can't seem to understand the whole process for entering data in a worksheet and having it connect to a form (or vice versa). Can anyone give me a simple step by step on how to do this? I'm trying to create invoices. ...

Activity Type Code 07-21-04
Hi, I use Data migration framework to upload datas from another DB. I need to link the Activity Type Code but I can't find a reference with Ms CRM. I found the code is like 135, 148 but I did'nt see the description associated with code. Thanks, SM Task (134) Fax (136) Phone Call (137) E-mail (138) Letter (141) Appointment (142) Resolution Activity (140) "SM" wrote: > Hi, > > I use Data migration framework to upload datas from > another DB. I need to link the Activity Type Code but I > can't find a reference with Ms CRM. I found the code is &g...

Excel Spreadsheet
I have large database on Excel but the search & sort will not work correctly over a certain size ?? is there a preset limit rto how much it can sort ..if so how do i alter Paul The most likely explanation is that the whole area is not being selected prior to the search. Try again, making sure that the whole range is selected before you start the sort. Andy. "Paul Nudds" <Paulelthill@brinternet.com> wrote in message news:00bb01c37ec3$278bc620$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have large database on Excel but the search & sort will > not work correctly over a certain s...

Out of the Box 200 Excel Reports
Hi, Does any one know from where I can download out of the Box 200 Excel based reports for MS Dynamics GP10? Thanks It's built in. Tools > Setup > System > Reporting Tools Setup. I was kind of disappointed in them. They are just the Smart Lists as far as i can tell. I'm using them to create Excel dashboard reports. "Naseer Farooqi" wrote: > Hi, > > Does any one know from where I can download out of the Box 200 Excel based > reports for MS Dynamics GP10? > > Thanks > As a starting point though they are faster th...

HTML messages #3
When I use Outlook 2000 to send an HTML message, I often want to cut and paste from other documents. The trouble is, the font and color come with the paste. If I was using Word as my editor, I could use the paintbrush to get this pasted text to the font I was using. Without using Word, how do I clean up my pasted attributes? In microsoft.public.office.misc Howard Brazee <howard@brazee.net> wrote: > When I use Outlook 2000 to send an HTML message, I often want to cut and paste > from other documents. The trouble is, the font and color come with the paste. > If I was us...

auto updating source data
Hi I have a matrice that looks something like this: A B 1 service 1000 2 maintenence 500 3 transport 300 4 service 200 5 6 7 8 and from this I like to make a pie-chart with procentage of the costs. The problem is that I never know how many rows I will have and I would like to make my chart's source- data updated automaticaly, so I would have to specify it manually each time. Is this possible? will be thankfull for any comments tnx Decide in advance the maximum number of rows you are likely to ha...

Size of excel components
Is there any Excel function or add-on that will display for me the size of the components of a spreadsheet, e.g. macros, images, named ranges unused cells, lookups etc. I am faced with an Excel application that asks me to email megabyte-sized spreadsheet, and I need to audit it to see where on could cut down the size ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not that I'm aware. Maybe you could remove an item, save as new name, note the size. Reopen the origina...

Access to customer source?
Can somebody help me with how i get access to customer source? Do i need to go through my partner/provider or do i deal directly with microsoft? HI Gass, Yes you need to contact your parnters to have create your account in customer source you can access it by http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/default.mspx Regards "Philip Gass" wrote: > Can somebody help me with how i get access to customer source? Do i need to > go through my partner/provider or do i deal directly with microsoft? > > > No, you are not required to have a MS Partner in order to purchase a...

Excel merge columns
Hallo, I have two different lists. List A with three columns: name, first name, email address and list B with 7 columns: name, first name, Street, City, Post Code, Counrty. The list B containes the names of list A. How do I merge these two different lists, so that the e-mail address appears as separate column of List B? Myrto Myrto - If the rows are identical, you could insert a column in list B titled E-mail, then go to List A, Copy to e-mail column, and paste it in list B. Just be sure that you are pasting it in the right row. Carole O "Myrto" wrote: > Hallo, >...