How to unhide rows....when they won't unhide

I am having a repeated problem.

I receive files that has hidden rows.  When I Rclick and select
unhide, they are still hidden.  When I select Format, Row, Unhide,
they are still hidden.

The only way to unhide them seems to be to double click each
individual hidden row.

Does anyone know a better way to do this?

Am I completely missing something?

Thanks
0
js2k111 (48)
3/17/2008 10:17:55 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Not sure how you double click a hidden row.
If rows 9 and 10 are hidden , I select the row headers 8 and 11, right click
and use Unhide.
Does this not work for you?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Mike C" <js2k111@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am having a repeated problem.
>
> I receive files that has hidden rows.  When I Rclick and select
> unhide, they are still hidden.  When I select Format, Row, Unhide,
> they are still hidden.
>
> The only way to unhide them seems to be to double click each
> individual hidden row.
>
> Does anyone know a better way to do this?
>
> Am I completely missing something?
>
> Thanks

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
3/17/2008 10:23:44 PM
Any chance you're looking at filtered data?

Data|Filter|Show All

May help.

--

Dave Peterson
0

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Mike C" <js2k111@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am having a repeated problem.
>
> I receive files that has hidden rows.  When I Rclick and select
> unhide, they are still hidden.  When I select Format, Row, Unhide,
> they are still hidden.
>
> The only way to unhide them seems to be to double click each
> individual hidden row.
>
> Does anyone know a better way to do this?
>
> Am I completely missing something?
>
> Thanks

0
dguillett1 (2487)
3/17/2008 11:39:17 PM
Read a book on Excel?

Tyro

"Mike C" <js2k111@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am having a repeated problem.
>
> I receive files that has hidden rows.  When I Rclick and select
> unhide, they are still hidden.  When I select Format, Row, Unhide,
> they are still hidden.
>
> The only way to unhide them seems to be to double click each
> individual hidden row.
>
> Does anyone know a better way to do this?
>
> Am I completely missing something?
>
> Thanks

0
Tyro (332)

list data without blank rows
I have a spreadsheet full of data. I want to organize my data on a second tab by looking in a single column and if a text value is present (such as an "M" or a "K"), then copy data in the same row to the second tab. But not every row will have a text value, some may be blank and I don't want a bunch of blank rows on my second tab sheet. Any ideas?? One way .. a simple, dynamic formulas option Assume source data is in Sheet1, cols A to C, data from row2 down Assume the key col is col B (ie your "single" col to check whether there is a text value present)...

Tab Order when Word Table Rows are hidden
I have created a Word Form with 4 tables in which based upon certain values selected rows are hidden. In my testing I noticed that when I tab from one field to another that the tabbing appears to be going through ALL of the hidden form fields before finally arriving at the unhidden form field. Is there any way to control the tabbing when you have rows hidden in a table? Thanks in advance. If you are going to use Tab, no. It will tab through the formfields, regardless of whether they are hidden text, or not. Worsty wrote: >I have created a Word Form with 4 tables in which...

Formatting a Row Question
Is it possible to conditionally format an entire row based on input into one cell in that row, or am I "rowing" upstream? All help on this appreciated, Bryan Yes, perhaps a simple example to illustrate .. Select row1 (click on the row header) Click Format >Conditional Formatting Under Condition 1, make the settings: Formula Is | =$B1=1 Click Format button > Patterns tab > gray > OK Click OK at the main dialog Now key in a "1" into B1, press Enter Row1 will be coloured gray Clear B1, the colour disappears (Note that the $ sign in the formula is import...

Why does my delete routine cause 2 rows to be removed from my DataGridView?
All, My code (below) causes 2 rows disappear from the DataGridView when I expect it to delete 1. I'm going around circles...can someone please steer me in the right direction? Thanks, In the following code, > clicking the Yes button makes 2 rows disappear from the DataGridView, (which I don't want) but only 1 delete from the underlying db (as desired). > clicking the No button makes 1 row disappear from the DataGridView, (which I don't want) with none deleting from the underlying db (as desired). > clicking the Cancel button has the same effect as clicking...

Unhide query
Hi I hid query (changed attributes to hidden) and I would like to see it back and I don't know how. Can you help? -- Greatly appreciated Eva Access 2003 or earlier, with the database window active == Select Tools: Options == Go to the VIEW tab and check Hidden Objects == Click OK == Go to the Queries tab == Find your query and click on it and select properties == uncheck Hidden and click ok == Go back to Tools: Options and uncheck Hidden Objects In 2007, you will need to start with the Office button to get to the option so show hidden objects. John Spencer Access M...

Copy Range but Skip blank rows Q Options
How do I copy (values) a range of cells that have blank rows in between to another range without the blank rows. I thought it was copy- paste special values-skip blanks, but when I do I still see the blank rows eg Copy values in A1:A5 (blank rows are in A2 & A4) to M1:M3 Thanks The Skip Blanks option on Paste Special relates to the destination range - it allows you to avoid pasting over data which is already there with blank values in the source range. To do what you want, apply autofilter to the source range and select Non-blanks from the filter pull-down - then when you copy this, ...

how do i unhide all cells on an excel worksheet?
I selected my entire worksheet (by clicking the button in the upper-left corner of the worksheet frame), then I right-clicked and choose Hide. I've tried every trick I know to unhide the cells but nothing works. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks Select Format | Row | Unhide Regards Trevor "alliecallie" <alliecallie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0D6279C-D3F1-4769-88ED-09190407C40D@microsoft.com... >I selected my entire worksheet (by clicking the button in the upper-left > corner of the worksheet frame), then I right-clicked and choose H...

Hiding and Unhiding Rows.. Unhide does not work..

Comparing and Deleting rows
I have two spreadsheets. One table has these fields: Computer | Date The other is like this: Computer | Last Used The problem is that the two lists are different, but some computer exist in both. The first list is a complete list, the second one is subset of the first. How do I extract rows that are common into a separate table -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see: http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have two spreadsheets. > > One table has these fields: > > Computer | Date > &g...

Unhide
When I try to edit a macro I get the following error message: Cannot edit a macro on a hidden workbook. Unhide the workbook using the Unhide command. How do I get rid of this error? When I right click on the sheet, it's not hidden. -- ...

When any cell in row 19 (eg K19) equals X I want the cell in row 25 3 cells before K19 (i.e. H25) to eqaul Y.
Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Cheers! Re: When any cell in row 19 (eg K19) equals X I want the cell in row 25 3 cells before K19 (i.e. H25) to equal Y. One way to get it done .. In A25: =IF(ISNA(MATCH("X",19:19,0)),"",IF(MATCH("X",19:19,0)<4,"",IF(COLUMNS($A:A)+3=MATCH("X",19:19,0),"Y",""))) Copy right across to IV25 Above of course, assumes that there's only a single "X" within row 19 at any time. If you got more "X"'s in row 19, it'll return only the result for the 1st one ...

Removing duplicate cells/rows in excel
I have a spreadsheet with 1,000 rows. Each row has a persons name (e.g. James J Smith) as the first cell. There are multiple entries for a single person (e.g. James J Smith). The first entry found is the one with the latest data. I need to remove all the duplicate rows for a single person so that I end up with one entry per person that is the first one found in the spreadsheet. What is the best way of doing this? Hi Joe, A macro would probably be the most efficient way, though would could do it manually using an oldest>newest sort and conditional formatting to highlight duplicates and...

Showing Duplicate Rows
Hi All, I have seen the question with that same title however that is not exactly "showing" duplicates. It is more showing unique (not duplicate) I would like to truly show the duplicates. For instance there are several duplicate product numbers that are in my sheet and I want to display all the duplicates so that I can make corrections. IE: Item number 31323 31324 31325 31326 31326 31327 31328 31328 31329 31330 31331 How can I filter so that excel will only show those rows that have duplicate Item numbers? Thanks Eagle Use data>filter>autofilter>filter by column...

Sum a table of columns & rows
I have a spreadsheet of 154 Rows (all unique project numbers in numerical order) and 9 columns of account numbers (some are similiar and some are user entered, therefore there could be 'blanks' with no data in them). I am trying to create a table that will only give me the project number if there are dollars in one or more of the columns. This would be used for data entry (and that is why I would like to have the columns summed up - to remove duplicates). Any ideas? I have given a brief example below: F, G, &am...

Comparing 2 coulumns in different worksheets and printing the rows that match
hello, Sorry to bother everyone. I am trying to learn some Visual Basic t maybe make a function that woudl do what i need, but that is goin slow. What i am trying to do follows. Workbook: NeededPatches.xls sheet1: Srvneed sheet2: ITPatches sheet3: Final I have created a perl script that uses the microsft progra hfnetchk.exe to find what patches are needed on all of our systems her at work. it gives me a text print out that is tab delimited and import that into excel on the *Srvneed* sheet. *Column B* in this shee has the patch numbers for what is needed. Now our IT security also has a lis...

unhide fails everytime
I have a macro that hides all columns and rows with no data in them. To re-edit the thing and fill in the data, I have to unhide those rows and columns. I've got the unhide help screen staring me in the face. if I GOTO a1 and choose unhide from the format menu NADA if I select b2-> right click and unhide NADA select B1 format->unhide NADA.. excel 2003. What am I missing ? -- more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html First, I don't see an Unhide option under the Format dropdown. Are you looking at Format|sheet|unhide, format|column|Unhide, format|Row|unhide??? ...

Add row between current rows in a way to long sheet....
I need to add 1 row between each current row in an 2670 rows long excelsheet. And yes I am lazy, so could anyone help me create the macro? Seems I'm doing something wrong... :( PS: I'm working excel 2003. Thank you for your help! Just fill a simple sequence 1, 2, 3, ... 2670 in a blank column next to your data (imagine this is column H). Then copy that sequence down to H2671 and down. Then highlight the block of data (including the helper column) down to row 5340 and perform your sort, using column H as the sort key. You can delete column H afterwards. Hope this helps. Pete On...

Mark Rows for scrolling
This seems weird! I mark row 4 and row 1 and click on Freeze Panes. Rows 1-3 become frozen. There's also a black line below Row 6 that acts like another Freeze (Rows 4-6!) Does anybody have an answer to this? Thanks, Doug I'm not sure what mark means here, but freeze panes will freeze rows above the activecell and to the left of the activecell. So if you meant that you selected rows 1:4, then it would only matter what cell was the activecell. If that activecell is in row 4, then rows 1:3 would be frozen. (You can select a multicell range and tab through th...

Insert Row Under current row (with formulas/formatting)
I've got a sheet that gets appended to regularly but have to do a lot of fiddling to make sure the formatting is correct, calculated fields get added and chart series ranges collect all the data every time I add a new row. The insert (row) command seems to take care of all of this but it inserts the empty row above the current row. As I'm always appending data to the sheet, I would prefer this to be below the current row. I've tried adding a dummy row under all the data containing the formulas and formatting I need but unfortunately I get formula errors and it screws up my chart....

Automatically Break Multiple Rows to Two Columns
I have a long list of rows in Excel, consisting of 2 columns (Column A: Item & Column B: Quantity), as shown in the example below: A B --------------- Item Qty --------------- AAA 12 BBB 130 CCC 14 DDD 150 EEE 22 FFF 230 GGG 333 I want to automatically break the long list of rows at every Nth row into another 2 columns (Column E & F). Example as shown below: A B E F ------------------------------- Item Qty Item Qty ------------------------------- AAA 12 FFF 230 BBB 130 GGG 3...

Repeat Values in rows
I need to search my worksheet (128 X 128) rows for any repeated values, anyone help? It doesn't sound like a charrting question, but in your worksheet (having selected your 128*128 range & with cell A1 active), use Format/ Conditional Formatting/ Formula Is: =COUNTIF($A$1:$DX$128,A1)<>1 and select a format to mark your duplicates. -- David Biddulph "Governor" <Governor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE65B1A7-0E68-4980-86A1-6129DD3B3673@microsoft.com... >I need to search my worksheet (128 X 128) rows for any repeated values, > anyone ...

email by rows
hello All: I'm looking for a macro that will go down a sheet and look for th email address and mail every thing in that row to *ONLY* that person n matter if it has 10 columns or 20 columns I have a sheet set up lik this Employee Name LAB Degree Section E-Mail Address paper1 paper2 paper3 I will be adding more columns as the year goes on that is why it nee to be able to send different size rows. Any help would be appreciated Dal -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi DaleL Which mail program do you use -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "D...

Insert Row by a defined Number
I have a macro that inserts a line, how can i modify it to insert a line by a number in a cell corresponding to the row number? ex: J8: "22" Inserts a new row between rows 22 and 23 J8:"10" Inserts a new row between rows 10 and 11 -- comotoman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27292 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=475101 comotoman Wrote: > I have a macro that inserts a line, how can i modify it to in...

How do I number each row in a query result?
If there are 10 rows in the select query result, how can I have the query number each row from 1 to 10? Thanks in advance. What will having "row numbers" allow you to do? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "srp822" <srp822@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47B220AA-3909-4709-B200-102DCD48C337@microsoft.com... > If there are 10 rows in the select query result, how can I have the query > number each row from 1 to 10? > > Thanks in advance. I want to have the results numbered. It's not really about having row numbers...

Macro
Hello: I would like a macro to review rows 7-435 and if Col F = zero, then hide that row so that only rows that contain >0 show at the completion of the macro. I can't add an auto-filter to help acheive this because I already have an auto-filter on a section that is located beneath row 435. Any ideas? thank you! Sub Hide_Zeros_Rows() Dim RngCol As Range Dim i As Range Set RngCol = Range("F7:F435") For Each i In RngCol If i.Value = 0 Then _ i.EntireRow.Hidden = True Next i End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP ...