How to select a cell to the left of the right aligned cell with th

Hello everybody!
How to select a cell to the left of the right aligned cell with the =, when
anyone enters a formula? The cell to the left of the right aligned cell with
the =, does not have left and right borbers and cannot be selected by the
mouse.
Best regards,
Dima
+79035093892
-1
Dima (53)
5/30/2007 1:17:00 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I'm just guessing here... But I think you're talking about the extended cell
that comes up whenever you're typing in a formula. It's the same cell as the
one you're typing in, except Excel made it look bigger so it'd be easier to
see what you're typing in.

"Dima" wrote:

> Hello everybody!
> How to select a cell to the left of the right aligned cell with the =, when
> anyone enters a formula? The cell to the left of the right aligned cell with
> the =, does not have left and right borbers and cannot be selected by the
> mouse.
> Best regards,
> Dima
> +79035093892
-2
Harimau (2)
5/31/2007 6:55:02 AM
Thanks Harimau for your reply!
My Excel makes it look bigger, by removing left and right borbers and
removing a cell contents to the left, on the screen. How to select the cell
to the left of the right aligned cell with the =, when anyone enters a
formula? I can select by changing the cell with the = to the left align and,
after selecting, changing back to the right align.
Best regards,
Dima
"Harimau" wrote:

> I'm just guessing here... But I think you're talking about the extended cell
> that comes up whenever you're typing in a formula. It's the same cell as the
> one you're typing in, except Excel made it look bigger so it'd be easier to
> see what you're typing in.
>
> "Dima" wrote:
>
> > Hello everybody!
> > How to select a cell to the left of the right aligned cell with the =, when
> > anyone enters a formula? The cell to the left of the right aligned cell with
> > the =, does not have left and right borbers and cannot be selected by the
> > mouse.
> > Best regards,
> > Dima
> > +79035093892
2
Dima (53)

Run report on multi selected records.

Go to special page in HTML help, how to change the left view in HTML help?
Hi, Made one .chm file. In a c++ program, launch the help file and go to the special page by HtmlHelp(NULL,"D:\Program files\file.chm::/help_internet.htm",HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC,0); It worked. The right window did display the help_internet.htm, but the left window, which has a lot of book icons in it, changed nothing. How to change the left view at the same time? Thank you, Best regards, Kelvin Kelvin, > Made one .chm file. > > In a c++ program, launch the help file and go to the special page by > HtmlHelp(NULL,"D:\Program > files\file.chm::/help_internet.htm...

When shading cells using the 'pattern' option, they print in grey.
When trying to print a 'pattern' in cell shading, it prints only as grey-scale solids. Do the patterns not print, or is it "averaging" the pattern into a solid? Printer dpi is 600, and appears as a pattern on Preview. ...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

how do I identify an unfamiliar symbol in an excel cell
The symbol underlined r has appeared in a cell but I cannot get rid of it Strange stuff in a cell might be some kind of picture or other object. Place the cursor on the "thing" and right-click. See if clear or delete shows up as an option. -- Gary''s Student "Yosef2" wrote: > The symbol underlined r has appeared in a cell but I cannot get rid of it is it a symbol or a broken link refference... check insert symbol -- MDOTJ I ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MDOTJR's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...

Select contact then hangs

Selecting rows from various sheets

Referencing a referenced cell
Sheet1!C4 contains the formula =Sheet2!A1 I want Sheet1!D4 to find out what cell Sheet1!C4 is referencing an then return the value two columns over. (Offset will take care o returning the value two columns over). My problem is I need to kno which cell Sheet1!C$ is referencing. If I use the formul "=OFFSET(Sheet1!C4,0,1)" I get the value from one column to the righ of Sheet1!C4, I need the value of one column to the right of the cel being referenced by Sheet1!C4, (Sheet2!A1) How would I do this. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see your post in Excel.mis...

buggy cell miscalculates SUM function
Cell B19 does not SUM the preceding 5 cells correctly. It gives a valu of 9 when it should be 42. The problem might be with cell B16, which it seems to pass over. TIA Spreadsheet attache Attachment filename: calwin foster care training analysis - demo.xl Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=58266 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try formatting that B16 cell as General and then reenter the value. (excel may have been seeing your value in B16 as text) "lindasf <" wrote: > > Cell B19 does not SUM the preceding 5 cells corr...

Excel 2000
I used to have this option by right clicking and selecting split. However i don't have it now. I had it on WIN2000 and now I have XP proffesional Hi not possible in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Roy S" <Roy S@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BE9E61EA-466E-4391-8400-5967977E9325@microsoft.com... > I used to have this option by right clicking and selecting split. However i > don't have it now. I had it on WIN2000 and now I have XP proffesional I bet you're thinking about a table in MSWord???? Roy S wrote: > &g...

select text in Calendar

Dragging and dropping cells with the keyboard
Is there anyway to drag and drop cells using keyboard shortcuts For example in Word you can highlight text, press F2 and then move the cursor to the desired locatiion and press enter I know you can copy/cut and paste but dragging and dropping cells with formulas maintains cell references without having to input '$' holding signs. This would be particularly helpful for large ranges Thank you for your time Tom You can cut (Ctrl+X), then use the arrow keys to another cell, and paste (Ctrl+V). The original references are maintained. Or, select a cell, and press the F2 key to enter Edi...

Link select with a blast

Need help pulling data from cells in different workbooks
Hi, let me try and explain this the best I can: say i have a workbook with 2 pages, on the first sheet, in cells C27 C47, C67 and C87 on the Sheet2, I want to make a list. in that list contains data fro cells C27, C47, C67 and C87 from Sheet1 . on sheet2, the list wil look like: List ='Sheet1!C27 ='Sheet1!C47 ='Sheet1!C67 ='Sheet1!C87 Is there any easy way to pull that data without doing each lin individually. I know i can put in the = and pick the cell on the othe sheet, but I have 100's of cells I need to get data from. If i try an copy paste each line, it does...

Select Case in a Change Event

Excel change SUM references if you cut & paste the first cell in SUM...
Hi, A problem came from a user today. Set up: IN A1: " =SUM(A2:A6) " and in A8: " =SUM(A9:A13) " and fill in some figures in A9:A13. Cut A10 and paste it to A4. everything is ok. If I cut A9 you get "Circular Reference error, because the formula in A8 has changed to: " =SUM(A4:A13) " and the old SUM it still there in A8. Why? Should it be that way, and what is the purpose? Any workarounds? /Kind regards I think the developers had to make a decision. The one that they came up with was if you cut a cell out of the middle of a range, then trust the us...

Forms Option control cell
How can I control the value of one cell (A15) based on which option was selected in an optionbox on a form? Thanks, You can use the Click event of each OptionButton, like the following: Private Sub OptionButton1_Click() If OptionButton1.Value Then Range("A15").Value = 1 End If End Sub Private Sub OptionButton2_Click() If OptionButton2.Value Then Range("A15").Value = 2 End If End Sub Private Sub OptionButton3_Click() If OptionButton3.Value Then Range("A15").Value = 3 End If End Sub Or, in a separate procedure S...

Select Records based another table...

Square cells in Excel
How can I make the ceels in Excel exactly square? There seems to be no fixed relationship between column width and row height. I find a 1:6 relationship coming close, but others state it must be 1:5,29. Is there a formula, setting, or font size dependent relationship to be used? I use the default 12.75 Row Height and a 1.71 Column Width......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "TH6" <TH6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E50E57FE-5E2E-4C30-BAB7-8F3282B8EC5F@microsoft.com... > How can I make the ceels in Excel exactly square? There seems to be no fixed &g...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...

Tabbing between cells
I am using Excel 97 (at work). I thought that I could enter the information and then hit TAB to go to the next cell to the right. However, when I hit tab, the cells jump ten cells away! How can this be changed? Can it? Or Do I have to live with it until work updates it? Thanks in advance! Kathy L Los Angeles I can say it's not Excel 97 per say, because I use Excel 97 at work as well. A thought. Have you checked 'Tools->Options->Transition-> Untick "Transition Navigation Keys" with Microsoft Excel Menus That's the only thing I can find so far. But I...

VBA
I am very new to VBA and access and have a question regarding a SELECT statement. I am going to run a select (recordset - so I can loop through and process each record) but on my SELECT I want to make sure I return at least 20 rows, otherwise I am going to change my WHERE clause to include more rows. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to just do an inital SELECT COUNT(*) and then decide which WHERE clause to use?? Do you have an example I can look at? Thank you in advance! AJ On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:14:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would not first ...