how to remove the popup that reads, "the workbook you are opening contains macros" upon opening an excel document up?

Im creating a workbook, and was thinking of using a macro. I've decided
otherwise, and can not get rid of the prompt that reads:

"the workbook you are opening contains macros" with the options to
"enable macros","do not open" or "disable macros.

This message pops up as soon as I open the document, and is causing
frustration amoung other users of this document. I've since "enabled
macros" and then deleted all macros I created, but I am still prompted
with the above message.

Does anyone know how to remove this message?

Any help is much appreciated!!

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

In the VB Editor, right click on the Module(s) and select "Remove
Modulex..." where x is a number. Choose "No" in the dialogue box.

Regards

Trevor

<darren.yada@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Im creating a workbook, and was thinking of using a macro. I've decided
> otherwise, and can not get rid of the prompt that reads:
>
> "the workbook you are opening contains macros" with the options to
> "enable macros","do not open" or "disable macros.
>
> This message pops up as soon as I open the document, and is causing
> frustration amoung other users of this document. I've since "enabled
> macros" and then deleted all macros I created, but I am still prompted
> with the above message.
>
> Does anyone know how to remove this message?
>
> Any help is much appreciated!!

0
Trevor9259 (673)
11/14/2006 6:41:17 AM
When you record a macro, Excel creates a module in which the code is
stored. When you delete the macro, the module is not automatically
deleted. There are instructions here for finding and removing code:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
dsd1 (5911)
11/14/2006 1:29:00 PM
awesome it worked!
thanks so much

Debra Dalgleish wrote:
> When you record a macro, Excel creates a module in which the code is
> stored. When you delete the macro, the module is not automatically
> deleted. There are instructions here for finding and removing code:
>
>     http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros
>
> darren.yada@gmail.com wrote:
> > Im creating a workbook, and was thinking of using a macro. I've decided
> > otherwise, and can not get rid of the prompt that reads:
> >
> > "the workbook you are opening contains macros" with the options to
> > "enable macros","do not open" or "disable macros.
> >
> > This message pops up as soon as I open the document, and is causing
> > frustration amoung other users of this document. I've since "enabled
> > macros" and then deleted all macros I created, but I am still prompted
> > with the above message.
>
> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Contextures

You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know that it helped.