how to remove password pretected excel file

Hi,

We use Excel 2003 on Windows XP. We have an user left company with a excel
file password protected. My boss want to open it. How can I help my boss open
this file?

Any help will be appreciated!

thanks in advance!

Lisa
0
Lisa1 (289)
10/10/2008 12:43:02 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

In article <3A1869D6-5D90-47FC-AED7-C0170EB1C159@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?TGlzYQ==?= <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We use Excel 2003 on Windows XP. We have an user left company with a excel
>file password protected. My boss want to open it. How can I help my boss open
>this file?
>
>Any help will be appreciated!

Search for excel password removers. There are a few out there and at least
some of them work. :)

Good luck

Bruce Sinclair;9218325 Wrote:
> In article <3A1869D6-5D90-47FC-AED7-C0170EB1C159@microsoft.com>
> =?Utf-8?B?TGlzYQ==?= <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >We use Excel 2003 on Windows XP. We have an user left company with
> excel
> >file password protected. My boss want to open it. How can I help m
> boss open
> >this file?
> >
> >Any help will be appreciated!
>
> Search for excel password removers. There are a few out there and a
> least
> some of them work. :)
>
> Good luck

Most of the Excel password removers I have seen you have to pay for.
Found a free one her
http://ocaoimh.ie/2004/06/28/excel-password-remover/ havent tried i
tho

--
marzipa
marzipan's Profile: http://nettechguide.com/forums/member.php?u=36

In article <marzipan.3h8dvj@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au>, marzipan <dricky2323@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Bruce Sinclair;9218325 Wrote:
>> In article <3A1869D6-5D90-47FC-AED7-C0170EB1C159@microsoft.com>,
>> =?Utf-8?B?TGlzYQ==?= <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >We use Excel 2003 on Windows XP. We have an user left company with a
>> excel
>> >file password protected. My boss want to open it. How can I help my
>> boss open
>> >this file?
>> >
>> >Any help will be appreciated!
>>
>> Search for excel password removers. There are a few out there and at
>> least
>> some of them work. :)
>>
>> Good luck
>
>Most of the Excel password removers I have seen you have to pay for.
>Found a free one here
>http://ocaoimh.ie/2004/06/28/excel-password-remover/ havent tried it
>tho.

I've only used free ones (not the one you mention) and they have worked
fine.

Best of luck. :)

Help with trying to post a file to a secure website
I have been struggling with this for a couple of weeks. I have a digital certificate installed in my certificate collection store on my local computer. The site I am trying to post to also has our certificate installed is said it is ready to recieve transactions. I have created a file (xml) and I want to post to the given web address. An example of the web address is https://some.company.com/location this is what I have tried: aStreamReader = New StreamReader("C:\MyTest2.txt") postData = aStreamReader.ReadToEnd() Dim data As Byte() = encoding.GetBytes(postData) Dim myRe...

an excellent time waster
Open a new blank workbook, go to the VBA immediate window and type cells = 1. This will fill every cell in sheet1 with a number 1. Save the file as number1.xls and close the file. Open another new blank workbook, go to the VBA immediate window and type cells = "a". This will fill every cell in sheet1 with a letter a. Save the file as lettera.xls and close the file. Now bring up the windows explorer and look at the size of both files. Why is the file with the letter "a" bigger than the file with the number 1? I thought a number takes up more bytes than a single lette...

Excel Options
How do you disable the rounding feature in excel (e.g. - I want to display 10/6, and not 5/3 as excel would display)? One way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom ?/6 In article <B77FDD23-4A2D-430D-8375-34F9944CCAAC@microsoft.com>, "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you disable the rounding feature in excel (e.g. - I want to display > 10/6, and not 5/3 as excel would display)? text format Thanks for the help. Let me take this question one step further. I want to create a bar graph that displays the fractional value taken from a table...

Remove Excel Icon ??

Removal

.prn Files to Excel
Hello, I work in a system that displays data in spreadsheet format (display only, not editable). The system does not allow you to copy to the clipboard. I would like to put this data into excel to manipulate. The only way I can see is to print to a file (*.prn). Is there a way to open or use this file format in excel along the lines of a CSV or TXT file. If I try and open it with Excel the page comes up with squares and symbols everywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ray Ray, As far as I know, you can't open a prn file in Excel and get any meaningful data. -- Co...

VCF Files in Outlook 2000
I am unable to save any Contact's details as a VCF file, I get the error message that "Can't open the file, it may not exist or may be opened by another program or I don't have permissions. This is on my home computer running Win98SE. I would be grateful for some help. Neil McMullen Please reply to Group as my email is fake. ...

Email account invalid password?
I've just set up a mail account in Outlook 2003 (pop3) and the test account button works fine, however after a while whenever outlook auto sends and recieves it pops up the user/pass box for that account and keeps doing so after i've entered the correct user and pass. However if i go back to test account settings in the account setup options, that works fine and send and recieve works again for a while. and ideas whats wrong? cheers, -ciaron ...

autofilled on excel
How do you get autofill to work. I'm following the directions and nothing is happening!!! Hi Susan, What is in the initial cell< and are you filling down or across? Regards - Dave. Oops, ignore the < thingie. ...

Remove lines with +++

How to create a shortcut in Excel?
How to create a shortcut in Excel? Hi Vova To a macro? To a sheet? A shortcut on the desktop to a file? Post back with more info and someone can help you -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Vova" <vcapko@gng.com.ua> wrote in message news:04c701c3cbbe$cc6a9e30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to create a shortcut in Excel? Vova wrote: > How to create a shortcut in Excel? One way (Excel 97): Insert >> Hyperlink ...

How to Remove SRS

3 hole punched paper and excel spreadsheets
Help! Excel non-user needs to know how to set up spread sheets to shift tables to print on 3 hole punced paper. Our Excel guru is out having a baby! Can You help? Running Excel 2002. Thanks, Carl *** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com *** Add a newsgroup interface to your website today. On the print preview. Click the margins button. At the top border, there are small black tabs (margin tabs). If you drag the margin tabs over slightly, you may be able to get everything you want on the page. If it doesn't work exit the workbook but don't save the changes. Anywho, make a back...

Shortcuts of excel
I want to perform a "horizontally page down" , switch from column 1 to column 50 . are there any shortcut keys perform such action? are there any article listing all the shortcut key of excel? thank you. "Page across" is Alt+PageDown. To page back towards the A column again you do Alt+PageUp. If you look in Excel Help you should be able to find a list of shortcut keys (it was there up to Excel 2000). Regards David "cclai" <chichung15@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e7H2C9PqDHA.1020@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I want to perform a "horizontal...

Windows 7 does not prompt to change expiring password
We are currently upgrading all of our users to windows 7. One thing we have noticed is that they are no longer getting alerts to reset their password before it expires. If they log into a Server 2003 or an XP machine, they get the alert. Please let me know if there is a fix for this problem. Thanks. On 28/05/2010 19:07, braydonsdad@gmail.com wrote: > We are currently upgrading all of our users to windows 7. One thing > we have noticed is that they are no longer getting alerts to reset > their password before it expires. If they log into a Server 2003 or > an XP mach...

Annoying things / Excel
Hello, I used to run excel 2000. I currently upgrade to excell 2002 and it nice and all but there are these really annoying pop up help boxes when I am working in excel. I copy cells and paste them to other cell all the time but then now this annoying popup box /clip board shows which blocks my view. I know what I am doing when i copy and paste....i dont need that pop-up clip board to keep showing. How do i disable it? -- Maxwell-5000 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Maxwell-5000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo...

Excel PDF
Does anyoine know is it possible to save a document as a PDF file ? You can save an excel file as a PDF file but you have to have a PDF writer. "Craigv_2000" wrote: > Does anyoine know is it possible to save a document as a PDF file ? Craig For FREE!!! I have had success with the free file downloads and instructions for use here at Dale Nurden's site. http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm Saves first to single *.ps file which you then convert to *.pdf Returns one PDF file from multiple sheets or selected sheet. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:16...

Removing an item from menu

pdf file into a publisher document?
Can I place or import a pdf file into a Publisher document? I receive tables and other materials that I either scan or are already in pdf. You could make a gif file of the pdf file or scan the pdf file creating a Word file and then do a copy and paste into Publisher. -- Don Vancouver, USA "cthrail" <cthrail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6E69A19-D2FD-437E-8CCC-128A67AAA92F@microsoft.com... > Can I place or import a pdf file into a Publisher document? I receive tables > and other materials that I either scan or are already in pdf. If the PD...

Money 2005 *.surfplace files
Just upgraded Money 2004 to Money 2005. Every time I use Money 2005 I get dialog boxes asking if I want to "open" or "save" numerous "*.surfplace" files. Never happened in the previous version and this is annoying. Can anyone help with this? Thanks! ...

Need A formula in VBA ,Similar to NETWORKDAYS in excel
I would like to get only working days after excluding satuday and sunda and holidays. Holidays will be there in the range of sheet There is one formula in xls (NETWORKDAYS) , It would be appreciated i you can make it similar one. The format of NETWORKDAYS is NETWORKDAYS(STARTDATE,ENDDATE,HOLIDAY-RANGE) Regards Joph -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:03:12 -0600, jophy <<jophy.zycba@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >I would like to get only working days after excluding satuday and sunday >and holidays. Holidays will be there in the rang...

remove Fax from address book?