How to Pull Outlook contact info into Excel

Hey Group,

I've got a spreadsheet that lists a bunch of contacts.  They same
contacts reside in Outlook.  In the past I've always retyped the
contact info into the spreadsheet.  Is there a way that it can
automatically pull this information? Or a script button I can click on
to get the info?  I've done some searching, but either not finding
what i'm looking for or not understanding it completely.

Thanks!
Shaun
0
Shaun
5/4/2010 3:12:43 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

In Outlook, click File, Import and Export,.......

Shaun H wrote:

> Hey Group,
>
> I've got a spreadsheet that lists a bunch of contacts.  They same
> contacts reside in Outlook.  In the past I've always retyped the
> contact info into the spreadsheet.  Is there a way that it can
> automatically pull this information? Or a script button I can click on
> to get the info?  I've done some searching, but either not finding
> what i'm looking for or not understanding it completely.
>
> Thanks!
> Shaun

0
Bob
5/4/2010 3:52:10 PM
Sorry, should have stated 2007...

so how does one import directly from Outlook?

On May 4, 10:52=A0am, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In Outlook, click File, Import and Export,.......
>

> Shaun H wrote:
> > Hey Group,
>
> > I've got a spreadsheet that lists a bunch of contacts. =A0They same
> > contacts reside in Outlook. =A0In the past I've always retyped the
> > contact info into the spreadsheet. =A0Is there a way that it can
> > automatically pull this information? Or a script button I can click on
> > to get the info? =A0I've done some searching, but either not finding
> > what i'm looking for or not understanding it completely.
>
> > Thanks!
> > Shaun- Hide quoted text -

Shaun
5/4/2010 4:28:13 PM

On Tue, 4 May 2010 09:28:13 -0700 (PDT), Shaun H <shaunholtz@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Sorry, should have stated 2007...
>
>so how does one import directly from Outlook?
>
>On May 4, 10:52�am, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> In Outlook, click File, Import and Export,.......
>>

>> Shaun H wrote:
>> > Hey Group,
>>
>> > I've got a spreadsheet that lists a bunch of contacts. �They same
>> > contacts reside in Outlook. �In the past I've always retyped the
>> > contact info into the spreadsheet. �Is there a way that it can
>> > automatically pull this information? Or a script button I can click on
>> > to get the info? �I've done some searching, but either not finding
>> > what i'm looking for or not understanding it completely.
>>
>> > Thanks!
>> > Shaun- Hide quoted text -

Gord
5/4/2010 4:47:49 PM
One exports from Outlook.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

wrote:

>Sorry, should have stated 2007...
>
>so how does one import directly from Outlook?
>
>On May 4, 10:52�am, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> In Outlook, click File, Import and Export,.......
>>

>> Shaun H wrote:
>> > Hey Group,
>>
>> > I've got a spreadsheet that lists a bunch of contacts. �They same
>> > contacts reside in Outlook. �In the past I've always retyped the
>> > contact info into the spreadsheet. �Is there a way that it can
>> > automatically pull this information? Or a script button I can click on
>> > to get the info? �I've done some searching, but either not finding
>> > what i'm looking for or not understanding it completely.
>>
>> > Thanks!
>> > Shaun- Hide quoted text -

Gord
5/4/2010 4:51:14 PM
Sorry, you don't. You "export from" and you "import to". So, open
Outlook, click File, Import and Export, the next steps of exporting
should be obvious.

Shaun H wrote:
> Sorry, should have stated 2007...
>
> so how does one import directly from Outlook?
>
> On May 4, 10:52 am, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>In Outlook, click File, Import and Export,.......
>>

>>Shaun H wrote:
>>
>>>Hey Group,
>>
>>>I've got a spreadsheet that lists a bunch of contacts.  They same
>>>contacts reside in Outlook.  In the past I've always retyped the
>>>contact info into the spreadsheet.  Is there a way that it can
>>>automatically pull this information? Or a script button I can click on
>>>to get the info?  I've done some searching, but either not finding
>>>what i'm looking for or not understanding it completely.
>>
>>>Thanks!
>>>Shaun- Hide quoted text -

Bob
5/4/2010 5:09:43 PM
On May 4, 12:09=A0pm, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sorry, you don't. You "export from" and you "import to". So, open
> Outlook, click File, Import and Export, the next steps of exporting
> should be obvious.
>

> Shaun H wrote:
> > Sorry, should have stated 2007...
>
> > so how does one import directly from Outlook?
>
> > On May 4, 10:52 am, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thanks for all your help... I know how to export out of outlook..
Those are the steps I'm trying to avoid... With some sort of code, I
was hoping to run a macro to just do it for me.
0
Shaun
5/4/2010 5:59:36 PM

Shaun H wrote:

> On May 4, 12:09 pm, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Sorry, you don't. You "export from" and you "import to". So, open
>>Outlook, click File, Import and Export, the next steps of exporting
>>should be obvious.
>>

>>Shaun H wrote:
>>
>>>Sorry, should have stated 2007...
>>
>>>so how does one import directly from Outlook?

> Thanks for all your help... I know how to export out of outlook..
> Those are the steps I'm trying to avoid... With some sort of code, I
> was hoping to run a macro to just do it for me.

I run AutoIT to perform some appointment imports "automatically". That
is a scripting program that is available free to use from the authors
web site.

0
Bob

Export from Outlook Express
I was in the process of moving from an old machine to a new machine. I exported the address book and imported it just fine, but can't export the messages. I've spent hours searching the KB and can't find a solution. I originally started with a error indicating an initialization error with MAPI and a KB article said to install Windows Messaging. I've installed EM and I no longer get the error, but it also doesn't export a thing. It just stops. I upgraded from Outlook Express 5.5 to OE 6 and all messages are still in their appropriate folders. The only othe...

Remove Outlook XP
I would like to completely remove Outlook XP and reinstall the program so that all messages and accounts are gone - in other words start from scratch. I tried using the uninstall and then reinstalling Office XP, but Outlook came back exactly as if it had never been uninstalled. I appreciate the help. --Steven ...

Excel Position
We have a client that is LOOKING FOR A VERY STRONG EXCEL PERSON t create Excel reports, macros, pivot tables, and present reports base on the requirements. This person will meet with users, captur requirements, design them, and test them with the users. This is a Contract position for approx. 3 months and is in the West Sa Fernando Valley area of California. If anyone is interested, pleas email me. Thank you ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Outlook stops responding when ActiveSync Running
I've come across a potential bug in Outlook 2003: When a mobile device is connected and outlook is running, if outlook is minimized to the Sys Tray (Notification Area) it stops responding until the mobile device is removed. The behavoir can be reproduced by starting outlook, attatching a mobile device (and syncronising with outlook) then minimising outlook. Anyone know of a fix (other than not using activesync and outlook simultaneously)? Many Thanks, WIll Perry Does it work if you just minimize outlook to the task bar? FWIW, I use AS and Outlook without problems, but Outlook is on...

Off Topic: Pulling Hair Out
Want to have some fun? Search microsoft.public.pos on google groups for "hair." You'll get all of the posts about people pulling thier hair out. Hint: There's more than one page. ...

sending an attachment with outlook 2000 or outlook express and xp home sp2
Hi. Quick question. I am running outlook 2000 (or it also happens when I use outlook express) on a computer with xp home sp2. When I right click on a file, and select send to, mail recipient, my mail message pops up, and the subject line is filled in in the following manner Emailing: (file name) Is there anyway to turn off or get rid of the word "Emailing" from appearing in the subject line. I remember running outlook 2000 and outlook express on a win 98 computer, and not having this problem. Thanks for any help. Eric I have the fix for Win XP. Have no idea if it w...

News in MS Outlook
Okay, so to post to this newsgroup, I customized a toolbar and added the "News" option from the "Go" menu. Then I posted a few questions to the newsgroups, read a few other posts, and closed Outlook Express. Later, I go back to read more news, click on the News button on my toolbar, and get a popup file folder (I believe that it is actually the folder on the computer where some Outlook Express files are stored, but am not sure). So I restart Outlook, only to find that the "News" button in my toolbar is GONE and I can't even put it back, because the &...

Team behind Excel
I need to know how do u view the multimedia file that gives names of all the team members behind excel. Manish, I think you are talking about the "easter egg" in excel, it depends on what version of excel you are using have a look here http://www.google.com/groups?as_q=easter%20egg&safe=images&as_ugroup=*excel*&lr=lang_en&num=50&hl=en -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my...

Outlook 2003 on Vista
Have tried all sorts but can not get Outlook 2003 to send or receive on Vista, the test settings work and that actually sends a email as if i check with Windows Mail it receives the test message. In Outlook 2003 options the Send Receive option button does not bring up the Group Sending and other options window and the send receive button does nothing. Just switched to Mozilla Thunderbird and got everything working great, may just stay with that. "CampaMan" <campaman@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:ua0YgtZSJHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Just switched to Mo...

Outlook & Internet Explorer
Using Xp and can not open MS Outlook or Internet Explorer. Already replaced user's profile, but still can't open Outlook. After new pofile was created pop-up window for Internet Wizard Setup appeared, which should not have. What am I'm missing here or did I forget to do? Please help if you have a fix, thnx again. ...

Excel; Can I Filter based on a cell value?
Is it possible to filter a list based on a cell value? What I want to do is for the user to type in a criteria in cell F1 and G1 (Dept and Acct No's) and click a button that will launch a macro that will filter the list and display only entries that have Dept and Acct No's that match those entered in F1 and G1. I have looked through the help files in Excel and can't find a way to do this. If this is not possible is it possible to set something up so that cells that do not fit the criteria are deleted from the spreadsheet somehow? It is ok if non-matching entries are de...

Outlook 2002 shuts down with 700 unread emails
After three weeks away from my desktop computer, I had hundreds of emails to download into my outlook inbox. When the download was over, outlook closed immediately and if opened, closes again after checking for the effects of an improper closing. So, how do I recover from this, since Outlook shuts off before I can delete what I don't need. Second, other than being more regular in blocking junk mail, what can be done to avoid this in the future? Bob Does it work in Outlook Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe (note the space in the command) What is being log...

Outlook Messages to Outlook Express
Hi, Is there a way to transfer my Outlook 2000 messages from O2K to OE6? If I want to export from O2K which file format should be used? Alternatively, if I'm in OE6 and Import the messages then I find that they become separated when there is a stationery background (shows as a separate attachment). Therefore, how can I get my O2K messages from Outlook to OE6 and have them remain intact, backgrounds and all? I was looking at the File SaveAs *.msg format in O2K. Using this I would have to save each message individually; however, how could I import the *.msg format into OE6? Advice, op...

Get email back from RSS folder in Outlook 2007
I was dragging an email from my INBOX to a folder (ie:stuff) and bumped the mouse, and it 'dropped' my email while I was over RSS FEEDS folder. Question is, how do I recover that email? I can create a new folder in the INBOX and copy email and postings from RSS feed into it, but there is still email showing in the RSS FEED folder. Drag and drop it back to the Inbox (or the subfolder you want it in). -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Mi...

outlook express accounts
I have set up 3 accounts via earthlink in outlook express. Each has a seperate account address. Mail for all three accounts come into my address account "main identity" using xp professional format on my computer. Any suggestions? Thanks, Dennis Dennis <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have set up 3 accounts via earthlink in outlook express. > Each has a seperate account address. Mail for all three > accounts come into my address account "main identity" > using xp professional format on my computer. Any > suggestions? Ask in an Outl...

Excell 2007
I am using Excel 2007. When I try to Print Preview or Print a group of charts, the first one displays, but the remaining charts don't show up, just blank pages. Anyone have heard of this? Very frustrating. Thanks in advance!! Mike -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-chart/200809/1 Do you have one of the charts selected? If so that might be the reason. Try clicking to the side of the sheet well off the charts and check print preview again. On Sep 4, 9:06=A0am, "Elmtree via OfficeKB.com" <u45848@uwe> wrote: > I am us...

Excel Shortcuts
Hi, Is there any place I could go to find all the short cuts on Excel. Thanks! You will find them in the HELP menus if you search for SHORTCUTS. Either that or you will see the short cut for individual actions in the drop down menus. -- Brod "Peterite" <benfernando@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:OGlO8zd0EHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there any place I could go to find all the short cuts on Excel. > > Thanks! > > Hi http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Peterit...

Need to browse 100's of file TITLES in Excel 2000
When I go to File>Open the Windows Explorer box will only let me see 1 file title at a time (for the currently highlighted file name). need to scan 100's of spreadsheet files with similar names but distinctiv titles. Am I missing a display option or is there an add-in or Explorer Fil Manager replacement I could use to display the title of every file name in the display -- jeffbro2770 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jeffbro27707's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=85 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187039842 ...

Hotmail and Outlook 2003?
I have an exchange account and a hotmail account. I don't really use the exchange account right now (I'm on leave from work) but would like to get my hotmail through outlook 2003. Right now hotmail is downloading the headers in my inbox, but whenever I try to delete items or move items it doesn't work, it says "The connection to the server is unavailable." How do I fix this? Also, when I send mail, the sent item gets put in the "sent items" folder under my exchange account, not under my hotmail account. Is there any way to change that also? Thanks. ...

New to Outlook #6
I recently brought office professional edition2003, which included Outlook2003. I download the disk and started trying to use Outlook and i can't send any mail. I keep getting is message; Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCCF6) : 'The server responded 'Access to Hotmail via Outlook and Outlook Express now requires a subscription. Please sign up at http://join.msn.com/general/Email'. ' I signed up already and still can't send any mail. Can someone please help me Did you try to install the new Outlook Connector for being able to use = Hotm...

Autosizing labels Excel 97
I am looking to have a label or text box autosize both horizontally and vertically when a large amount of text is inserted. I have had no problems getting it working horizontally - the vertical is the problem, as quite often it just lops the bottom of a section of text. Can anyone help? -- Striker475 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Striker475's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28690 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=483705 Just a note: This would also work with a textbox...

Pull down menu
Hello, I am trying find a way to make a pull down menu in excel. I have a list of foods on one sheet in a workbook where all the nutrition information is stored per food type where the row indicates the food type and the columns indicate the nutrition info ie: Carbs, Protein, Fats, Calories etc. This sheet has roughly 300 or so food items listed in rows. How can I create a pull down menu in another cell on another worksheet as a method to select a food item from the food sheet? Any help is appreciated, Dave --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (...

How to print uneven pages Excel 97
I need to print uneven pages only in Microsoft Excel 97. I am new to this. Could someone help please. Thanks. David Does uneven pages mean the odd pages (1,3,5,7,...)? If yes, maybe you could use a macro (a post by Dana DeLouis): http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e3ckV8uH%24GA.277%40cppssbbsa05 If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm David D wrote: > > I need to print uneven pages only in Microsoft Excel 97. > I am new to this. Could someone help please. Thanks. > David -...

converting outlook express 6 to outlook 2007. I send test messages
I send test messages but they do not appear in outlook 2007 in box. All of my old emails and address transfered fine. Now express 6- I removed the incoming and outgoing data so as not to conflict with outlook 2007. Is there a step I missed? -- Walter J. Miller OE does not conflict with Outlook If you open OE and the OE accounts are active it will receive your mail When you run test accounts in Outlook are there any error msgs? Have you checked your Outlook View, to insure it is for all msgs? "Walt" <Walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0F02A78-EB36-447E...

Delete item in Outlook Outbox
Hello anyone! We are having a problem deleting a rather large file (9.2 mb)from an employees Outbox in Outlook. If we try to delete it again, we get a pathway error. This has happened before and it just took a long time to delete, like a week. Any suggestions? Thanks, Steve Gross I'm assuming the user is using a .PST file rather than an Exchange mailbox (I'm not an Exchange expert, but I think an Exchange admin would be able to delete the item from a mailbox on the server level...maybe not). If it's a ..PST, you might try creating a new .PST file and making it the default m...