How to prevent add ins being included in distribution worksheet?

The personal workbooks that I use on my machine use several home grown
add ins, some of which link to other workbooks on my machine.

However, the business workbooks that I produce and distribute to my
clients don't need those addins or the links.

How can I prevent my personal addins from becoming part of my business
workbooks so that my clients don't get warnings about links not being
updated?

0
junk2933 (1)
11/30/2010 10:55:11 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Convert the formula with links to values is one way.

If I have a UDF (say) that is useful to others, I won't put it in my
personal.xl* workbook.  That's for stuff that only I use.

If I want to share that UDF with others, I'll make a new addin and put the UDF
there.

Then I'll distribute that addin to each of the co-workers who need it.

And I'll tell them to put it in the same location on their harddrive -- like:

C:\excelutils\myaddin.xla

This makes any workbook that uses that UDF find the addin in the same location.

========
But if your problem is with links to other workbooks, you could put those other
workbooks in a folder on a common network drive -- and use the UNC path in your
links.

--
Dave Peterson
0

How can I include 2 maps (in "My Documents") in a newsletter?
I have two 8 1/2 X 11 maps in My Documents, which I want to incorporate into a 6- or 8-page newsletter. I send the finished newsletter copy to the printer by e-mail. How can I bring the maps from My Documents into the final newsletter copy, as two pages, for transmission to the printer? What format are your maps in? What version of Publisher are you using? What version of Windows are you using? What format does your printer want the final output to be in? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties...

Numbering of worksheets
I have a workbook with a number of sheets all individually named. I am trying to loop through most of them in VBA by using something along the lines of:- for a=5 to 16 sheet(a).select rest of code Next My problem stems from the fact that I have no idea how the sheet numbering system used in VBA relates to the sheet numbers in the workbook or the order they are displayed in the workbook. I have three or four sheets that I wish to exclude as the information required is collated on these sheets and I am constantly adding and removing sheets as projects are completed. It would probably suit ...

workflow emails add hyperlink back to regarding record
Hello all!! The subject may not make much sense, but what I am looking for is a way to add a hyperlink to an email created by workflow. For example, I have a workflow rule for appointments that fires on status change. (when the appointment is completed). It sends an email to the manager with a title “the appointment has been completed: [appointment title]. I would like to add a link in the body of the email that will allow the manager to open up the closed appointment. I have tried the syntax &appointment.activityid; (like in 1.2) to get the appointment guid, but that failed....

Add Date
We have a spreadsheet that we would like to automatically add the date in the first cell of each row when information is entered into another cell in that row. The date would need to remain static once added. Any suggestions? This worksheet_Change event will update the date in column A each time there's a change anywhere else in the row. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myCell As Range Dim myRngToCheck As Range Dim myIntersect As Range With Me Set myRngToCheck = .Range("B1", .Cells(.Cells.Count...

Auto reply for distribution group
Hi, I set autoreply rule (through out of office assistant) on a mailbox that is a member of the distribution group. If I send test email to this member mailbox directly, I can get autoreply. but I could not get reply if I send email to this group. Is someone here to help me to fix this issue? Thanks in advance for your help. Michael Select "Send OOF messages to originator" in exchange advanced tab on the properties of distribution group using ADUC. -- Cheers, Bhalchandra, MCSE-Messaging "Michael Tang" wrote: > Hi, > > I set autoreply rule (through ou...

How do I make a graph for a normal distribution in Excel?
Can someone explain to me how I make a graph of a normal distribution in Excel en what do I need to fill in on data? Hi, Do this help? http://www.exceluser.com/explore/statsnormal.htm http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/index.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Dag0709" <Dag0709@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68D48367-D277-4189-BE30-46F63B34C0DB@microsoft.com... > Can someone explain to me how I make a graph of a normal distribution in > Excel en what do I need to fill in on data? ...

Worksheet protect with query-based table
I have a table with 3 columns based on a SQL db query, with a worksheet column added to the table that is a formula I want to protect. There are 3 other non-table cells I want to protect. If I protect the worksheet, I can't refresh the table, even if I unlocked the table cells that are based on the query. ...

How to get rid of "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references"
Frequently I'll delete some cells in an Excel 2007 worksheet and from then on get the message "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references." whenever I try to do anything in the worksheet. There are no invalid references, as I have verified. Possibly there were some temporarily while Excel was in the process of deleting the cells. If I save the file, exit Excel, then reopen the workbook, Excel changes its mind and decides there aren't any invalid references after all (at least the message goes away). Is there any way to get Excel to figure t...

Add in "awfext32.dll" error message
Every time I start up outlook 2003 I get this message. Detect and repair does not fix this. Any suggestions Tools>options>Other>advanced options>addin manager and uncheck it. "Bigal421" wrote: > Every time I start up outlook 2003 I get this message. Detect and repair > does not fix this. Any suggestions This is a first. You're the first person I've ever seen who has tried to use Microsoft Fax from Windows 95 with Outlook 2003. Do what Mary said. But I'm still curious as to what installation path could have created this error. -- Russ Valent...

help with distribution formula!
i need to make a distribution table. i know that i use the -normdist- function, i just can't figure out what to put in each argument. my data is 10 questions, and each question has 5 answers to choose from (multiple choice). Assuming that im making complete random guesses, i need to find the probability of getting 1 question correct, 2 questions, 3, 4, and so on until i get the prob. of getting all 10 correct. what would i plug into each argument? x - mean - standard Dev - cumulative - i'm not specifically asking for the answers, but more for help on figuring out which goes into...

Unable to add/delete row
My workbook has several sheets. One of them doesn't allow me to add or delete rows. This means when I right-click on a row, the "insert", "delete", "clear content" is grey out. This only happens to this sheet, as the other ones don't have such problem. I've been scratching my head.... The worksheet is unprotected. What can be wrong? Forgot to mention... I use excel 2007. I'm not able to use "insert" from ribbon either. It's grey out. I am, however, can modify contents of cells. ...

find numbers in a range that add to a specific value
Jason previously answered the above question with the below answer however I am looking for a formula that works when adding more than 2 numbers together? Can anyone help? thanks, Brett Assuming your list of numbers are in A1:A50 and the total number is in F1, try this in B1 and copy down to B50: =ADDRESS(SUMPRODUCT(--(A1+$A$1:$A$50=$F$1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:50"))),1,4) If there are any feasible combinations, a cell reference will appear next to a number. That number, but the number in the cell reference, will equal the number in F1. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA If you have to check ...

Distribution List Members excluded
I need to save/export my entire contacts list - used to do this easily in Outlook Express with the .wab files - all efforts in Outlook 2003 have failed to date. In Outlook 2003 - When I export my contacts to a .pst file, individual contacts are properly preserved and distribution list TITLES are saved. But the members in each distribution list are excluded. When I export my contacts to a .csv or .tsv file, individual contacts are properly preserved but distribution list titles are not even saved - everything about distribution lists is totally excluded. Help database says I should b...

Contact Form Changed with Regional Setting Change
I recently had to change my Windows XP "Settings/Control Panel/Regional and Language Options/Advanced/Language for non-Unicode programs" to "Chinese (PRC)" in order to view Chinese characters in a translation software package. Just to be clear - my Windows system is still in English - this setting just allows my Chinese software characters to also show up. Strangely, after the above change, the form layout in Outlook 2003 changed. Most significantly, the "Full Name" button is no longer available on the main page, which makes editing of names difficult ...

How to add new payment terms
Hi all, I would appreciate if someone kindly gives me information of how to change, add, or edit payment terms in Money 2004 small business, such as adding net 90 days term Many thanks in advanced. ...

Fix Faulty Reports included with RMS
There are more than one or two reports that are defective out of the box. The 'fixed' reports are available from CustomerSource, but you have to (1) know that CustomerSource offers reports beyond those included on the CD and (2) download them. The Sales:Detailed Sales does not calculate profits correctly. It uses positive cost figures on return transactions. The 'fixed' version, available from CustomerSource, is called Detailed Sales with Cost & Profit. Why is the default report not replaced by the corrected version when a new version is released on CD, or at lea...

Links on worksheet
Hi Guys, well.. my doubt is: I have a xls file and I created link to other plans in other directories, so When I sent this file to other person into my cia the links is working like another person has been granted access to my personal folder. any ideia why this happen? If need the sample file send email to isaias.wesley@cisper.com.br ...

Outlook Client cannot assign Mails to CRM User, SYSTEM is used ins
Hi Everybody. We've got CRM 3.0 running in a stable state. One annoying thing is that if an email is recieved by an Outlook Client and it's going to be tracked in CRM manually, CRM resolves the username to the CRM "SYSTEM" user. For example i've got my Outlook client running under my account mschymur@domain.com, got an faultless connection to our Exchange Server and recieve an email. When i track that mail manually, becaue it does not belong to an CRM created tracking Number, e.g. it's an question from a customer, then that email will occur in the assigned con...

Main Form
Hello, I've been searching through the forums, but haven't found anything yet. Does anyone know of a way to copy data from multiple worksheets (i.e. 30) to one master form? I do NOT want to summarize the data, I want to replicate it exactly, and have a live link so that if the individual sheets are changed, the master will update. All column headings are identical, but there are variable numbers of rows. My only thoughts so far are simply typing =Sheet1!A2 and dragging, repeating for each sheet (or I guess writing a macro to do this). However, if I insert a new r...

Can you add music to flyers?
I would like to be able to add background music to a flyer I am making in Publisher. Sounds like it should have been easy, but I can't figure it out. And where does one buy majick audible ink to print that with? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "jeitel" <jeitel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA93A432-C22A-439C-9D65-5F3D4C3D017A@microsoft.com... |I would like to be able to add background music to a flyer I am making in | Publisher. Sounds like it should have been easy, but I can't figure it out. jeitel wrote...

MS Project will not add data in Cost field
Can anyone help me with the following problem? I have a column for cost, I enter the data, however, MS Project will not add the data and provide a total in the summary line. Appreciate any assistance in resolving this problem. -- Django In article <DCBA6A63-573B-4D7A-B0EF-D1236DEA952E@microsoft.com>, Django <django32@hotmail.com> wrote: > Can anyone help me with the following problem? I have a column for cost, I > enter the data, however, MS Project will not add the data and provide a total > in the summary line. Appreciate any assistance in resolving t...

Add attribute for Competitor related to an Opportunity
I’d like to add a custom field attribute for the Competitor entity that is used when relating it to the Opportunity. This field would be “$” value field that is used for recording a Competitor’s price for a specific Opportunity. Here’s an example of how it would be used: Opportunity A has two competitors associated with it. Each competitor would need to have a price field that would show how much they charge for this related opportunity: Competitor 1- Price = $200 Competitor 2- Price = $350 Opportunity B also has two of the same competitors but they have a price that is related for thi...

Merge multiple worksheets into one
I have excel reports I receive with information on a daily basis. These are saved in separate tabs within an excel workbook. I'm looking to add 2 things. 1. One tab with all the detail from the days (without having to copy and paste each day). I need to exclude the top few rows of the spreadsheet, as it has merged cells - only report names and times that I'm not interested in. 2. A Summary tab with totals, for example, by vendor # (without having to create a pivot table each time I want this view. For a specific example, I have a file with vendor receipts - vendor...

Add break days to multiple day meeting request
Hi Outlook Group, Is anyone aware of a way to shedule a meeting across multiple days with day breaks built in. For example, I schedule a meeting from Monday 9.00am to Thursday 5.00pm. I need to exclude Wednesday as it is a non meeting day and as such I do not wish to book resources for this period. Perhaps the only approach is to create two separate meeting requests i.e. Monday to Tuesday and Thursday? Thanks you'll need two separate appointments. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips....

Worksheet 501: Request full item count is timing out
I have noticed some discrepancies between my store inventory and my headquarters inventory. In order to bring the two inventories back in sync, I am trying to run worksheet 501: Request a full Item count. However, the worksheet keeps timing out. The worksheet will download, appear to be processing the worksheet for about 20 minutes, then return the error message: <<ExecuteCommand>> Error -2147217871: Timeout Expired UPDATE [ItemDynamic] WITH (TABLOCKX) SET [ItemDynamic].[SnapShotQuantity] = #UpdateRsToTable.[SnapShotQuantity], [ItemDynamic].[SnapShotQuantityCommitted] = #Upd...