How to perform "Reverse pivot table method" in Excel 2007

Hello,

on the J. Walkenbach's page
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip068.htm you can see the Joel
Horowitz's  method of transforming the matrix data back to the dataset
table. Although this method is somehow the inverse of "pivot table method",
this transformation also uses the "pivot table method"  as part of this
conversion.

I didn't have any problem to perform this metod using the past versions of
excel but there is a problem with use of Excel 2007 and its Pivot Table
Wizard. This wizard simply don't have the parameters (or only I didn't find
them)  required to perform the Horowitz's method.

Does anybody have a solution or a hint?

Ivan

0
ivan5185 (9)
8/23/2007 7:55:35 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You could press Alt-D, then P, to open the old PivotTable Wizard.
Then use the Multiple Consolidation option to unpivot the data.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
dsd1 (5911)
8/23/2007 7:29:43 PM
Thank you Debra

Ivan

"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> You could press Alt-D, then P, to open the old PivotTable Wizard.
> Then use the Multiple Consolidation option to unpivot the data.
>
> Ivan wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> on the J. Walkenbach's page
>> http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip068.htm you can see the Joel
>> Horowitz's  method of transforming the matrix data back to the dataset
>> table. Although this method is somehow the inverse of "pivot table
>> method", this transformation also uses the "pivot table method"  as part
>> of this conversion.
>>
>> I didn't have any problem to perform this metod using the past versions
>> of excel but there is a problem with use of Excel 2007 and its Pivot
>> Table Wizard. This wizard simply don't have the parameters (or only I
>> didn't find them)  required to perform the Horowitz's method.
>
> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Contextures

ivan5185 (9)