How to minus Angle (Degree-Minute-Second)

Hello all!

Do you know any function to calculate the angle? For exemple I would like to
calculate: 10d5'27"-9d52'28"=?
or 9d12'14"+2d19'20"=? (d=Degree, ' = Minute, " = Second)
Thanks in advance

Rithy

0
012973110 (10)
5/8/2006 10:18:18 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Rithy,

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/latlong.htm

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Rithy Chhan" <012973110@mobitel.com.kh> wrote in message news:uhnP8iocGHA.5116@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
| Hello all!
|
| Do you know any function to calculate the angle? For exemple I would like to
| calculate: 10d5'27"-9d52'28"=?
| or 9d12'14"+2d19'20"=? (d=Degree, ' = Minute, " = Second)
| Thanks in advance
|
| Rithy

0
nicolaus (2022)
5/8/2006 10:39:21 AM
Thank you for your helpful information.

Rithy
"Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> Hi Rithy,
>
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/latlong.htm
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Niek Otten
>
> "Rithy Chhan" <012973110@mobitel.com.kh> wrote in message
> | Hello all!
> |
> | Do you know any function to calculate the angle? For exemple I would
> like to
> | calculate: 10d5'27"-9d52'28"=?
> | or 9d12'14"+2d19'20"=? (d=Degree, ' = Minute, " = Second)
> | Thanks in advance
> |
> | Rithy

0
012973110 (10)

The difference between twelve minus thirty-six
I'm doing a spread sheet where im i have 3 money columns. The first column is a price in which is guessed the next column is the actual price and the third column i want to be the difference. This all works fine ie 1st Line: 1st column reads $69, second column $24, third column (difference) $45. 2nd line: 1st column $12, 2nd column, $36, third column (difference) $24. As you can see i want the difference column to be a positive number every time, i don't know how to do this, as in the end i want the two difference lines to add up to 69 and not 21. Any help would be extreme...

Richard Mille RM 008 Tourbillon Split Seconds Chronograph Mens Watch RM008-V2-RG, Best Wristwatch World
Richard Mille RM 008 Tourbillon Split Seconds Chronograph Mens Watch RM008-V2-RG, Best Wristwatch World Click Here To Website : http://www.watchebay.net/Richard-Mille-RM-008-Tourbillon-Split-Seconds-Chronograph-Mens-Watch-RM008-V2-RG.html Wristwatch World: http://www.watchebay.net/ Richard Mille RM 008 Tourbillon Split Seconds Chronograph Mens Watch RM008-V2-RG Information : Brand : Richard Mille Watches ( http://www.watchebay.net/Richard-Mille-Watches.html ) Gender : Mens Code : RM008-V2-RG Also Called : RM008, RM008 V2, RM 008 V2 Case Material : 18k R...

how do i get a formula to ignore minus figures
Ok here goes... A1 = $0.09, A2 = $0.10, A3 = -$0.04 and A4 = $0.06. I want the sum to ignore the minus figure and only calculate the plus figures...therefore equaling $0.25 Is this possible? Cheers One way .. Put in A5: =SUM(IF(A1:A4>0,A1:A4)) Array enter the formula by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER (instead of just pressing ENTER) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "marto_martin" <martomartin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F69C95D-BD5B-43FA-9D9C-3719E77E9E9E@microsoft.com... > Ok here goes... &...

how do I angle text in Publisher
I want to create an invitation for my son's Star Wars birthday party and would like to angle the text ot text box like the opening scroll in Star wars. Any help? Try the WordArt. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "kmc17" <kmc17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D1DB10C-A9A1-45D5-9A0F-02FD746E2CE4@microsoft.com... >I want to create an invitation for my son's Star Wars birthday party and > would like to angle the text ot text box like the opening scroll in Star > wars. Any help? kmc17 wrote: > I want to create an...

Can't login after 20 minutes online
When i'm using my computer for about 20 minutes and want to login messenger it doesnt login. Only when i reset my ethernet card (simply turn off with rightclick on network icon) and turn it on again (the same way) then it wil login. I dont know witch settings i need to change so it will always login when i want it ? "Maurice Konings" <MauriceKonings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2B34F57-2C5C-44F6-B43B-5F09391E18AC@microsoft.com... > When i'm using my computer for about 20 minutes and want to login > messenger it doesnt logi...

DoPromptFileName() Freezes on Second Call
I have an MFC MDI application that freezes the second time "Open File" is selected. The freeze happens on the second call to DoPromptFileName() in the "Open File" handler. I have found it does not matter where in the application DoPromptFileName() is called from the second time, it will freeze on the second it is called. I have done a "Trace Into" trace with the F11 key and can get as far as the statement in the CDocManager::DoPromptFileName() function: INT_PTR nResult = dlgFile.DoModal(); at line 640 in docmgr.cpp. After that it goes into assembly code I ...

highest second highest and third highest
Hello.. I have one lists of number in A1:A7 and a list of words in B1:B7. I need to find the highest, second highest and third highest value in these lists and display the value and the word next to it in cell C1,C2, D1,D2 and E1,E2 respectively. However, there are same values for highest, second highest and third highest in these list. If the value is the same, can I have it separated? For example: A1 B1 100 Car 100 Bus Assuming both 100 is the highest. I want both Car and Bus to be shown in cell C1. Possible ?Or any o...

plus and minus
I created a spread sheet to track capital gains/losses. If my cost basis is say A1 and sold is B1 what formula would work for the capital gains cell C1. Keep in mind it's a plus or minus. Thanks. JI err, wouldn't it just be =B1-A1 .......? Tony On Dec 21, 10:41 am, "JHI" <jeffr...@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I created a spread sheet to track capital gains/losses. If my cost basis is > say A1 and sold is B1 what formula would work for the capital gains cell > C1. Keep in mind it's a plus or minus. > > Thanks. > > JI Well, there'...

conditional format a cell based on the value of a second cell
Is it possible to make the conditional format of a cell dependant on the value of a different cell? I would like to have the text in cell A2 change colour if cell B2 has a value of zero, but there doesn't appear to be an option to "target" a different cell. TIA pete You have to expand the left box and choose "Formula Is". Then enter this formula: =B2=0 This does however, make A2 display Red even when B2 is empty. If you want A2 to be Red *only* when B2 is zero, use this formula: =AND(B2=0,B2<>"") -- HTH, RD =================================...

calculate minus figures
Can anyone help me to calculate the minus figures only in a range of random costs? example £-2000.00 £ 1000.00 £ 560.00 £-4500.00 £-6500.00 these figures are random as per data entry to hours and cost etc. the figures are to show a loss in costs that could have been saved. i am using excell in office 2000. any help graciously appreciated. Thanks, Nigel Instead of something like sum(A1:10), use sumif(A1:A10,"<0") and should just sum those numbers less than zero. "Nigel" wrote: > Can anyone help me to calculate the minus figures on...

Adding minutes to Now() problem...
Hi, I currently have a problem regarding adding times. Situation is this, I have a column with numbers representing minutes, and another column that I want to display the current date and time PLUS those minutes. eg If todays date and time is 13/07/2004 13:52, and I have 3000 in my minutes column, then i want my target cell to read 15/07/2004 15:52 However I'm using =NOW()+TIME(0,F4,0) and this is giving me 13/07/2004 15:52. So it's ignoring the days.... Is it something to do with formatting or is my formula the wrong one for what I am trying to achieve??? Many thanks in advance!...

Round time to 15 minutes.
I have a simple formula that subtracts h:mm from h:mm. I would like to round that time if < 8 minutes down 15 minutes and if > 8 minutes up 15 minutes. How do you do that? Thanks, Mike As there are 96 15 minute periods in a day, you could multiply the time by 96, round it to the nearest 1 and then divide by 96 again. Like =round(time*96,1)/96 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Mike! One way: =ROUND(A16/"00:15",0)*"00:15" -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Class...

Text Box angled
Hi: I am working with a powerpoint document I have inserted a text box I want to angle the text box i.e. slant it; katty corner it Can I make this happen? I can send an attchment of my document if this helps? thanks kathy Might try a PowerPoint newsgroup... Try the autoshapes, make a square, right-click, add text, then rotate. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kathy" <kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3DD257A-FA1F-4EDD-A768-E68B3CE111CC@microsoft.com... > Hi: > I am working w...

Getting text and grid at a 45 degree angle
I'm trying to create an affordance structure matrix (if anyone actually knows what that is!). It has a regular grid and then a grid above it, rotated 45 degrees. I know how to rotate the text, but that only gives me the grid lines for half of the grid. When I change the grid lines to diagonal, I can't put marks in all of the squares. Can you do what I want in Excel or do I have to use a drawing program? Hi, It may be possible to draw the gridlines and markers using additional series plotted as xy scatter chart. If you need more help can you post a link to an example of one of t...

INVENTORY INTO MINUS.
Hi All Is there a way of stopping a transfer out of being issued when there is not sufficient stock?? Thanks ...

Minus Zero
I'm probably missing something obvious, but I have a worksheet where some cells are formatted for currency to two decimal places, with negative numbers showing in red with a leading 'minus' sign. The problem I have is that when the result is zero, the number is displayed as -0.00 (coloured red). A typical formula for the cell is: =IF(N1<>"",IF(SUM(N13:O38)=0,SUM(P7,J39)-SUM(N8:O12),""),"") All the cells referenced by the formula are formatted for currency to two decimal places, with negative numbers showing in red with a leading 'mi...

Convert Radian to degree angle for COS function
Hi, Do you know how I can ask to Excel with a VBA code to find the Cosinus of the active cell value when the cell value is in Degree? Thanks Catherine MsgBox Cos(ActiveCell.Value * 180 / WorksheetFunction.Pi()) Sam "catherine" wrote: > Hi, > > Do you know how I can ask to Excel with a VBA code to find the Cosinus of > the active cell value when the cell value is in Degree? > > Thanks > Catherine You can ignore the msgbox bit, I just put it there when I tested the code! All you need is multiply by 180, divide by pi [worksheetf...

Updating cells from values in a second workbook
Need help in two areas. I have a price list workbook in 97. Three columns: part number, description and price. I would like to update that workbook by bringing in price values from a second workbook (also 97), with the part number as the common key. I also have new parts in the second workbook that are not contained in the first that I would like to bring those items [part number, description and price] into the first workbook without duplicating part numbers that already exist in the first. Solutions are very much appreciated. -- Erwin You could use MATCH() in the second workbook to id...

Show as Hours and Minutes
F14 has the final results for the amount of time. It currently shows: Example: 38, 72 etc.... I'd like for it to show 0 hours 38 minutes, 1 hour 12 minutes etc... Thanks in advance If you mean you want to see: 00:38:00 or 01:12:00 (real times) Then you could use a formula in an adjacent cell: =f14/24/60 But make sure you format this cell to look like a time. On 10/18/2010 16:38, Richard wrote: > F14 has the final results for the amount of time. It currently shows: > Example: 38, 72 etc.... I'd like for it to show 0 hours 38 minutes, 1 > hour 12 minutes etc... > Thanks ...

Minus Stock
We have situations that we have to sell items before entring the receiving and costing. If we use the 'Override Shortage' Option GP allows to sell the items but how it does the costing and calculate the COGS. what is the best solution? Thank You When ever you sell an item, COGS is charged with the current value of the item. This value is changed for average/perpetual items upon the receipt of new stock and for standard/periodic items when the costs are revalued. Its actually a bit more complex but lets jump to the bottom line. If you are on a perpetual cost, no issue. Other...

Rules window disappears in less than 1 second
I just installed Outlook 2003 and now when I click on Rules the Rules dialog ox pops up for less that 1 second and then disappears not allowing any entry into it for editing and or setting up a rule. Any Ideas? ...

Easy Reading
Column A numbers 10 rows down - clear? Column B, a number... smaller than its A column number: A1 - B1 - clear? Column C says, =A1-B1. Problem, I do not want to do this step "10 times" - A2-B2, A3-B3. Suggestion - Copy column A & B into column C and adding the = sign. Me don't know how? You know how? How would you frame the wording into a searchable subject? Type in your search words and I get your answer or close to it. In short, what am I talking about? I don't know? Portland, Oregon In C1 after you entered A1-B1 you can copy the formula to other cells in...

how can I program my graph to use degrees as it's unit?
I am making a graph for wind datas, and was wondering if there is a way to set the y axis unit to degrees. ...

minus hours
I'm sure this has been asked before, but how do you enter minus hours. I'm trying to start of the month with -6:00 hours flixi, but when enter that number it comes up with an error -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Excel doesn't support negative time in it's "basic" settings. How ever you can use "1904 date system" (Tools -> Options -> Calculation -> 190 date systems), which support negative time. More info can be found from Excel help. In XL2003, it's under titl "About dates and date systems" - Asse -- Mess...