How to merge / combine several worksheets into one new worksheet without VBA / Macro? FOR EXPERTS

Hi,
I've got a huge problem.
I surfed now thru various forums but I unfortunately did not find an
answer.

Here a description:
I have several sheets in one Excel workbook (with identical column
names and content). Now I would like to have a consolidated sheet with
all content of the other sheets WITHOUT using a VBA MACRO.

I am looking for a formula/ formulas which helps me to have a
consolidated always up-to-date sheet including all content rows from
all other sheets. The main problem I have is how to ensure that added
new lines in one of the worksheets are automatically added to the
consolidated sheet.

If you need an example Excel file I can provide you one.

Thanks in advance,
Best regards, jan

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Saving OLE Objects to SQL Sever table takes a long time
It takes five minutes when using object linking and embedding on a normal form to save a record that contains a PDF file. The data type is image in an SQL Sever table. We are trying to keep track of the legal documents that we have purchased. Is their a better technique to use, rather saving the PDF file . Could we save the path to a text or varchar datatype. so use SQL Server instead of MS Access seriously load it from the SQL Server side instead of the desktop-- and just use Access Data Projects MDB is obsolete, completely "Tom LeBold" <TomLeBold@discussions.microsoft....

Excel Closes all open excel files when I close one
If I double-click 3 different .xls files to open 3 different excel applictions, I find that they all close at the some time when I close one of the windows. I am closing the windows by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner. I am using Excel 2002 sp2. ...

move data in one form to another after calculation
OK, this is what I have. I have a main form that I put patient info into. On that form I have a button that brings up a 2nd form for weight conversion. The 2nd form consists of 2 fields and a return button to go back to the main screen. I have the conversion working, but not the moving of data from the 2nd form back to the first form. I have tried adding ' [Forms]![Patient]![BirthWeight] = [Text1] / 2.2046244' to the afterupdate action on the 2nd form 1st field. This alas does not work. TIA I'm not understanding why you need a second form. I'm not clear what you want to...

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Outlook 2010
In Outlook 2003 I had one .pst file with all contacts inside, but used 3 email accounts with no automatic rules for mail delivery. I manually put the emails down in it's respective archive.pst files and want it done this way. In Outlook 2010 when using several email accounts, it's automatically established one .pst file for each email account where the respective email drops into. Is there a way to have it all into one "Personal Folder" (the old way)? (I want to send emails were sender account is the only on showing as sender and not any "sent on behalf ...

CRM without Exchange Server ?
Do I need to install Exchange server to use Microsoft CRM ? Or can I use it without it ? I have Linux Servers, but microsoft mail clients... You do not need Exchange for CRM. But you do need Exchange for CRM Email "Joe Cactus !!!" <Joe Cactus !!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58264387-1E85-42E6-A1AE-8A0D258E7F6D@microsoft.com... > Do I need to install Exchange server to use Microsoft CRM ? > Or can I use it without it ? I have Linux Servers, but microsoft mail > clients... > > Joe; There are a few ISV's who make products that...

how to combine multiple versions of single spreadsheet?
Well, the doomsday scenario has happened - two colleagues working on the same spreadsheet fail to communicate. Each has updated a project tracking sheet at the same time so we now have two new versions. Is there a way of Excel combining the latest data out of each sheet? To clarify: Person X opens spreadsheet version A to update and creates version B Person Y opens spreadsheet version A to update and creates version C There is a lot of work entailed in updating the sheets but luckily persons X and Y have their own projects so they do not update the same information. Is there a way to c...

Trying to combine multiple records into one record in a Query
I am new to Access, and very little knowledge about SQL. I read allot about normalization, need to know if I went to far with it with my Family table. Here is the structures for the tables I have, and of the query I want to create. Contact Table: tabContactID (Autonumber) ContactID (Create using VBA in a form) (PK) FirstName LastName etc.... Example: tabContactID ContactID FirstName LastName etc.... 0001 DonDuck Donald Duck 0002 MicMouse Mickey Mouse Next the Family Table: tabFamID (Autonumber)(PK...

How to move Exchange server 2000 to a new Exchange 2003 server
I have a exchange 2000 server. I want to move it from this server to the other server that run Exchange 2003 server. Please tell me how to do it. Thanks. Hi Andy, Install the Exchange 2003 server into the same org and administrative group as the 2000 server and using ADU&C move the mailboxes from the 2000 server to the 2003 server. Add replicas of all the public and system folders to the 2003 server. After allowing sufficient time for replication, remove the replicas from the 2000 server and then remove the server from the org. You might want to just stop the services on the 2000 se...

Can't find how to change Y-axis range to show new data in Excel Mac 12.2.4
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a simple bar chart that I created some years ago in a previous version of Excel. I add data each month and it shows miles I drive per month over the year, very helpful to keep track of distance and gas mileage. I've extended the Y-axis range downward a few times before, but can't find out how to do it this time. I always install the latest updates from Microsoft and now I'm running Excel 2008 for Mac version 12.2.4 (100205). My Y-axis range in this chart starts at 800, but I drove only 772 miles ...

Moving exchange from one server to another
I have moved all mailboxes and public folders from one server to another in the same site. I had deleted items retention set to 6 month on the first server so users could retrieve deleted items from their outlook client. Now since their mailboxes are moved to the new server and they try to recover deleted items, it comes up blank. How do I move the delete items from the old server to the new one? I don't want to have to overwrite the priv.edb on the new server since it is the most recent one now. I guess you should start practicing your disaster recovery skills as it seems to be not...

Macro to Function
The below macro works perfect. It extracts the name from a text. How can I change below macro into "Public Function" Please can any friend can help Sub GetNames() For Each Cell In Range("A1:A4") Text = Replace(Split(Cell, "\")(UBound(Split(Cell, "\"))), ".", " ") Parts = Split(Text, " ", 3) Parts(2) = "" Cell.Offset(0, 1).Value = Trim(Join(Parts)) Next End Sub It's a subroutine... exactly what do you mean by "change [it] to a public **function**"? -- Rick (MVP - Excel) &q...

Word mail merge

combining 2 spreadsheats
When i pull data from a source I can only bring it out in 2 csv files which I then save into excel format. It mostly contains data allthough the information can be tied up with a unique reference number that matches both legs on each spreadsheet, someone said i can write a querie to filter out the info how do i do this and is this the only way it can work? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You end up with two worksheets? And you want to combine different...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

adding data from multiple spreadsheets into one chart
I need to put information from 4 different spreadsheets into one graph. Can someone please help me? Produce a graph from your first spreadsheet. Copy the relevant data range from the second spreadsheet, then select the graph and edit/ paste special/ new series or new data points. Similarly for the third and fourth sheets. If you have difficulties getting exactly what you want that way, you can use edit Source Data in the graph to add an extra series or to change the X or Y data range for an existing sreries. -- David Biddulph "Marjory" <Marjory@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Combining Publisher Documents
I'm using Publisher 2002 on Windows XP and I like to combine 10 small Publisher documents into one document. Since there doesn't seem to be any "Help" listed on this I suspect it isn't possible. Any ideas? Thanks, ,,,,,,,,,,,Chet After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Chet Kloss <chetkloss@hotmail.com>... > I'm using Publisher 2002 on Windows XP and I like to > combine 10 small Publisher documents into one document. > Since there doesn't seem to be any "Help" listed on this > I suspect it isn&...

How do you "undo" open in new window?
Can not find out how to undo open in new window! Find the link in code view, then delete target="_blank" from the link. -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP (Expression Web) http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread. "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C099A1EE-8195-415D-9979-32368F48A7D2@microsoft.com... > Can not find out how to undo open in new window! ...

CRM Mobile client
Folks We have installed the CRM Mobile Express client and everything works well, except the fact that we can not edit or create cases, everything else works!!!! Please help! Regards Gavin Gavin, In CRM, go to SETTINGS (bottom left corner) and then in the Nav Bar (top left) click on Mobile Configuration. From there you can add entities and make them editable. Good luck "Gavin Urtel" wrote: > Folks > > We have installed the CRM Mobile Express client and everything works well, > except the fact that we can not edit or create cases, everything else > work...

Sharing one outlook file between a laptop and a desktop
Does anyone know if it is possible to have the same outlook file on two machines, running different versions of outlook? I would like to buy a laptop, and use it while traveling. My desktop at home has Outlook 2002, and I would like both systems to run off the same outlook database (is it the .pst file?). When I return home, I would like to update the desktop by syncing it to the laptop, like a pocket pc, and updating the files on the desktop. Am I living on the other side of the looking glass, or is this possible? Can you this same idea work amongst a network of different machines runnin...

only one letter shows typing shortcut name
Windows XP pro SP3 This isn't really a big problem. I'm just curious about what is going on. Recently I notice that typing in a name (or changing a name) for desktop shortcut does this: The first three letters show up, then only one letter (the letter just typed) shows as the typing continues. The field expands as the name is typed but only one letter is visible as it is typed, until I am finished and hit return. Then the whole name shows up. Again, no big issue. Just curious. Any thoughts appreciated. Jack ...

Why I get always two shortcuts for one "Create Shortcut" request?
I only request one desktop shortcut of a web page I like, yet I end up with two though only one of them works. The other one has only a General tab, without the Web Document tab and URL. I only noticed this recently. ...

problem of receive email from one domain, but others are fine
Hi, I meet some problem of exchange server, seems i could receive emails from all domains, except one. here is the SMTP log: 210.3.34.131, hk2k02.tommy.local, 2006-4-29, 0:52:04, SMTPSVC1, MAIL, 210.22.128.196, 0, 23, 307, 250, 0, EHLO, -, +hk2k02.tommy.local, 210.3.34.131, hk2k02.tommy.local, 2006-4-29, 0:52:04, SMTPSVC1, MAIL, 210.22.128.196, 0, 23, 307, 250, 0, EHLO, -, +hk2k02.tommy.local, 210.3.34.131, hk2k02.tommy.local, 2006-4-29, 0:52:04, SMTPSVC1, MAIL, 210.22.128.196, 0, 51, 53, 250, 0, MAIL, -, +FROM:<SRAGHAV@tommyhilfiger.com.hk>, 210.3.34.131, hk2k02.tommy.local, 2006...