How to make Excel 2002 sp3 save a backup copy (previous state) of a file?

Hello
How to make Excel 2002 sp3 save a backup copy (previous state) of a file as
Word saves when I save the file?

0
kopn7819 (43)
8/16/2004 1:26:49 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
ou may try Jan Karel's addin.
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Dmitriy Kopnichev wrote:
> Hello
> How to make Excel 2002 sp3 save a backup copy (previous state) of a
> file as Word saves when I save the file?
0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/16/2004 1:37:56 PM
Thanks!
> Hi
> ou may try Jan Karel's addin.
> http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
> (look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>

> Dmitriy Kopnichev wrote:
> > Hello
> > How to make Excel 2002 sp3 save a backup copy (previous state) of a
> > file as Word saves when I save the file?

0
kopn7819 (43)
8/16/2004 1:57:53 PM
File>Save As>Tools>General Options> "Always create backeup".

Not sure what J.P.'s autosafe has to do with this.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:37:56 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de>
wrote:

>Hi
>ou may try Jan Karel's addin.
>http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
>(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

0
Gord
8/16/2004 9:20:05 PM
Hi Gord
at least in Excel 2003 I don't have this option (or I'm just too blind
to find it)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> File>Save As>Tools>General Options> "Always create backeup".
>
> Not sure what J.P.'s autosafe has to do with this.
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:37:56 +0200, "Frank Kabel"
<frank.kabel@freenet.de>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >ou may try Jan Karel's addin.
> >http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
> >(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/16/2004 9:27:09 PM
Frank

Excel 2003.......File>Save As>Tools>General Options> "Always create backup" is
on same dialog as "Passwword to open", "Password to modify", "Read only
recommended"

Gord

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:27:09 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de>
wrote:

>Hi Gord
>at least in Excel 2003 I don't have this option (or I'm just too blind
>to find it)

0
Gord
8/16/2004 10:09:30 PM
Hi Gord
thanks - just blind on my site :-)

--

> Frank
>
> Excel 2003.......File>Save As>Tools>General Options> "Always create
backup" is
> on same dialog as "Passwword to open", "Password to modify", "Read
only
> recommended"
>
> Gord
>
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:27:09 +0200, "Frank Kabel"
<frank.kabel@freenet.de>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi Gord
> >at least in Excel 2003 I don't have this option (or I'm just too
blind
> >to find it)

0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/17/2004 4:40:40 AM
The AutoSafe.zip does not save a separate backup copy (previous state) of a
file as Word saves.
> Hi
> ou may try Jan Karel's addin.
> http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
> (look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>

> Dmitriy Kopnichev wrote:
> > Hello
> > How to make Excel 2002 sp3 save a backup copy (previous state) of a
> > file as Word saves when I save the file?

0
kopn7819 (43)
8/17/2004 5:58:09 AM
This Option does not stay for all future files as stays in Word.
> File>Save As>Tools>General Options> "Always create backeup".
>
> Not sure what J.P.'s autosafe has to do with this.
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:37:56 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >ou may try Jan Karel's addin.
> >http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
> >(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

0
kopn7819 (43)
8/17/2004 6:20:07 AM
I have to save the file prematurely for this option to stay.
> File>Save As>Tools>General Options> "Always create backeup".
>
> Not sure what J.P.'s autosafe has to do with this.
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:37:56 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >ou may try Jan Karel's addin.
> >http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
> >(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

0
kopn7819 (43)
8/17/2004 6:31:44 AM
I have to type or choose a file name to save for this Option to stay.
> File>Save As>Tools>General Options> "Always create backeup".
>
> Not sure what J.P.'s autosafe has to do with this.
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:37:56 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >ou may try Jan Karel's addin.
> >http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
> >(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

0
kopn7819 (43)
8/17/2004 6:40:25 AM
Dmitriy

Unfortunately this setting is not global and must be set for each workbook.

Gord

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:20:07 +0400, "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE>
wrote:

>This Option does not stay for all future files as stays in Word.
>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message
>> File>Save As>Tools>General Options> "Always create backeup".
>>
>> Not sure what J.P.'s autosafe has to do with this.
>>
>> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>>
>> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:37:56 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi
>> >ou may try Jan Karel's addin.
>> >http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
>> >(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

0
Gord
8/17/2004 3:09:03 PM
Yeah...... otherwise where would you know where the file was or what it is being
called?

"Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
: I have to type or choose a file name to save for this Option to stay.
: "Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message
: news:e592i0lba8segf71faq59r4qda7v0u203l@4ax.com...
: > File>Save As>Tools>General Options> "Always create backeup".
: >
: > Not sure what J.P.'s autosafe has to do with this.
: >
: > Gord Dibben Excel MVP
: >
: > On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:37:56 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de>
: > wrote:
: >
: > >Hi
: > >ou may try Jan Karel's addin.
: > >http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
: > >(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)
: >
:
:

0
nospam202 (664)
8/17/2004 3:44:06 PM
Word 2002 does not require to type or choose a file name to save for this
Option to stay.
"Lady Layla" <nospam@nowhere.now> wrote in message
> Yeah...... otherwise where would you know where the file was or what it is
being
> called?
>
> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> : I have to type or choose a file name to save for this Option to stay.
> : "Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message
> : news:e592i0lba8segf71faq59r4qda7v0u203l@4ax.com...
> : > File>Save As>Tools>General Options> "Always create backeup".
> : >
> : > Not sure what J.P.'s autosafe has to do with this.
> : >
> : > Gord Dibben Excel MVP
> : >
> : > On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:37:56 +0200, "Frank Kabel"
<frank.kabel@freenet.de>
> : > wrote:
> : >
> : > >Hi
> : > >ou may try Jan Karel's addin.
> : > >http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
> : > >(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)
> : >
> :
> :

0
kopn7819 (43)

Make Default

How do you delete a file in Excel's VB?
Not much more to ask than that. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Tino Tino, Use the Kill command to permanently delete a file. For example, Kill "C:\temp\book1.xls" Note that Kill does not put the file in the Recycle Bin. To delete a file to the Recycle Bin, see www.cpearson.com/excel/recycle.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <tanast@ing.com.au> wrote in message news:3fce6904.5614763@news.clari.net.au... > Not much more to ask than that. > > Any help would be much appreciated. ...

Saving excel as htm(l) file?
Another one that I can't find how to do, I used to be able in Office 2000 do a Save as ~ html, but can't seem to find this in excel on Office 2007. I'm sure it's there but could somebody point me in the right direction as I've tried 'help' but it hasn't helped, as it were ;-) Many thanks Keith (Southend) http://www.southendweather.net On Nov 5, 10:18=A0pm, "Keith (Southend)G" <keith_harr...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Another one that I can't find how to do, I used to be able in Office > 2000 do a Save as ~ html, but can't seem to find...

Can I stop rounding in excel?
I am doing come calculations and end up with 139.7 for example. If I format the cell as a number with no decmial points it automatically rounds up to 140. Normally this is ok, but in this case I don't wnat it to round. Can I turn the rounding feature off? Jmadden wrote: > I am doing come calculations and end up with 139.7 for example. If I format > the cell as a number with no decmial points it automatically rounds up to > 140. Normally this is ok, but in this case I don't wnat it to round. Can I > turn the rounding feature off? If you format the cell as "gener...

Converting Files #5
If anyone can/will convert version 2.0 files so I can open them in 2002, let me know. How many files? I will convert them for you. Are you certain they are 2.0 files. Use to be Publisher 2002 would open these files, but a Window security update cured that. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2502F7A5-3ED5-4E65-8A3C-078E9FEC7191@microsoft.com... > If anyone can/will convert version 2.0 files so I can open the...

Excel VB application
I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this in Excel AND create it as an EXE file? Thank you in advance for any help. NJ Excel cannot produce executable (EXE) files. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Neil Jones" <nj@dev.null> wrote in message news:#hiTBqB6KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file > (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this > in Excel AND creat...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Opening Office 2007 files using Office 2003 suite
Hi, I am using Office 2003 Professional version. Up until recently I was able to convert and open Office 2007 files using Office 2003. I had some computer issues recently and had to reinstall some software. I reinstalled Office as well as the converter but when I click on 2007 files nothing happens. Therefore I am stuck asking everyone who sends me a file to dumb it down for me and it is a real hassle. I am not real tech savvy so anything you can do to help is appreciated. Thank you! "redskins1" <redskins1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

making tickets

[VB] Convert programmatically for 97 to 2002 with runtime only
Hello, i have a problem instancing Access Application; this code segment create a new instance of Access (2002 in my case) and convert an old database in 2002 format. Dim XpApp As Access.Application Set XpApp = New Access.Application XpApp.Visible = False Call XpApp.ConvertAccessProject(strSrcDb, strDestDb, acFileFormatAccess2002) XpApp.Quit set XpApp= nothing It works fine for me because i have Access 2002 application installed. The problem is my client dont have the entire application installed, but only the runtime. So i get aoutmation error as the code reach the line "Set XpApp = Ne...

Can I run a histogram with non-numeric data in Excel?
Example: E01a, E01b, E02a, E03a would be the bins. Not directly, but you could easily cobble something together. The histogram created by the Analysis ToolPak is a custom bar chart based on a table. You could easily modify that table after creation to use your desired labels and count text frequencies by using COUNTIF(). Jerry QATegan wrote: > Example: E01a, E01b, E02a, E03a would be the bins. ...

Save workbook as a Text file
Hi, I have recorded a macro to store an Excel workbook as a .* txt file. The result from the macro-recorder is mentioned below --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ActiveWorkbook. SaveAs Filename:="C:\Temp\map1.txt", _ FileFormat:=xlTextMSDOS, CreateBackup:=False --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If I carry out above action manually the text is taken over exactly the same as in the workbook, however if I carry out the action by using the above a macro, some data with "quotations ma...

from eudora to ms outlook 2002
dear outlook guru's. i have just changed my mail client from eudora to outlook and imported the messages. everything was ok, except that the attachments are now seen as links to actual files in "c:\...\eudora\mail\attach" folder of eudora. is there any way i can have the actual file attached to the message, so i can forward as one file, but not having links to the file on my pc. your response is highly appreciated regards, jim ...

Excel 2002 locks up
For some reason my Excel 2002 locks up when I attempt to save a document. It seems that it does it when I have several Excel documents open at the same time. Not to say that it won't do it when I only have one document open, I just have only experienced with several documents open. I'm running Windows 2K Pro on a Sony PCG-R505DCK laptop. I don't know if this info helps but I guess it can't hurt. Any help you can give is great. Thank you in advance, Tony ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Un Save a Excel Worksheet
I accidently saved a worksheet on a previous worksheet with the same file name. Can I restore the worksheet, or un-save the worksheet to the earlier worksheet. No. The file has been overwritten. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Gregory Pearson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07ea01c39384$2e7fa7f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I accidently saved a worksheet on a previous worksheet > with the same file name. Can I restore the worksheet, or > un-save the worksheet to the earlier worksheet. ...

restrict file sync
Using Windows Home Server with an HP MediaServer and I've got two minor problems: 1. The Server Console says I need to update the HP media collector software on the client side but the client seems up to day (all HP updates are done) 2. I want to restrict the Media Collector to a certain file (F:/pictures) but it will only specify which drives to sync (e.g. all of F:). I can't seem to expand the drop menu in the mediacollector window beyond the root directory. Any ideas? Hi, this is the media center newsgroup, not the media collector group. You need to repost in an H...

Can't open more than one Excel file.
I'm using Excel 2002, W2k with all recent patches. When I'm working on an Excel worksheet and I attempt to open another Excel file the first one is closed when the second one is opened. What do I do to retain the first one open? Eppie Are you sure the first one is closed or just taken off the Taskbar? If you go to Window(on the menu) do you see one or more files listed? You may just need to go to Tools>Options>View and check "windows in taskbar". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:17:44 -0700, "Eppie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Selecting a folder to save xml to...
I have the following code that works fine in Excel 2003 and I am looking for something similar that will produce the same result but for Excel 2000 can anyone help? If xmlfolder = "" Then MsgBox "Select folder for the XML file", vbCritical With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) .Title = "SELECT FOLDER" .AllowMultiSelect = False ' Folder selected If .Show = -1 Then xmlfolder = .SelectedItems.Item(1) & "\" End If Regards Jamie Take a look he...

Data File Problem
I just switched from Quicken 2005 to Money 2005 and I was just starting to like Money when the following happened. I had money 2005 running smoothly when I needed to re-load windows on my PC. My Money 2005 data file resides on a Microsoft 2003 server, where it can be automatically backed up. After formating and re-installing Windows XP I proceded to install Money 2005. After the Money 2005 install I tried to access my Money data and I get the following error message. Money cannot locate 'X:\Users\BobG\Money\my money.mny" or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only fi...

Password Prompt When I Close an Excel Document I Opened in a Web Browser
Hi, Each time I close an excel document it prompts me a username and a password. I found an article (Q324328) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324328 in Microsoft support web site about the same issue with Word. I tried to apply the same solution but it didnt work. The document is on our Intranet. If i enter a userID who has permission to write to the folder where th doc is stored it works. Internet guest account has list content right. Any ideas? Thanks Lenny ...