how to keep the command buttons in their place

Hi

I am using the advancedfilter xlfilterinplace function to select
suitable data. There are two buttons, one for xlfilter and the other to
showall data for reselection.  The function is very helpful . Sometimes
after pressing the showalldata button these helpful buttons are gone.
I didn't know why at the beginning but I could only know there were
somewhere in the spreadsheet.  Later, I found these buttons stayed at
the rows for instance over thirty thousand something.  I have to bring
them back to the original position.  Please tell me how to hold them at
the position where they are assigned .

Thank you

lalaexcel

--
lalaexcel
lalaexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30585

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I'd try rightclicking on the button, choosing format control.  Then Properties,
then play with the Move and size with cells settings.

In fact, I'd think about putting the buttons in Row 1.  Then freezing row 1
(select row 2, then window|freeze panes), so that the buttons are always
visible.

Or even put them on a floating toolbar????

lalaexcel wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am using the advancedfilter xlfilterinplace function to select
> suitable data. There are two buttons, one for xlfilter and the other to
> showall data for reselection.  The function is very helpful . Sometimes
> after pressing the showalldata button these helpful buttons are gone.
> I didn't know why at the beginning but I could only know there were
> somewhere in the spreadsheet.  Later, I found these buttons stayed at
> the rows for instance over thirty thousand something.  I have to bring
> them back to the original position.  Please tell me how to hold them at
> the position where they are assigned .
>
> Thank you
>
> lalaexcel
>
> --
> lalaexcel
> lalaexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30585
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=537686

--

Dave Peterson
0

lalaexcel

--
lalaexcel
lalaexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30585
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=537686

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

"$" command will not work in VISTA
Hello, Does anyone know why the "$" command will not work in formulas when running VISTA? Does anyone have a solution? A simple version of my problem is: =$b1+$b2 When you drag down the formula in a column, it will continue to auto fill with the next number despite the stop function "$" and will look like: =$b2+$b3 =$b3+$b4 and so on Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- Hi Try it this way =$B$1+$B$2 HTH John "sjwillow" <sjwillow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2916C3BE-949A-42C9-811E-E010FE97E4...

Export Advanced Button Freezes
I recently converted an application from Access97 to Access2000. When trying to create and save an export spec for a query by clicking the "Advanced" button on the Export wizard, Access freezes up and stops responding. Anyone have an idea why? Could I be missing a component? Hello, Try to compact and repair the database: 1. Open your database in Access 2000 2. Click the Tools menu 3. Point to Database Utilities and then select Compact and Repair Database If the above suggestion doesn�t help, please import the objects to a new database with the following steps: 1. Create a ...

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

If/Then in form On Close or Command On Click
Hello. Is there a way to code a command button with an if/then statement that will run a macro if the statement is true or run a different macro if a statement is not true? Example: =IIF([Expense] is Null, Error, Close) Thanks On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 18:22:41 -0800 (PST), nybaseball22@gmail.com wrote: > Hello. Is there a way to code a command button with an if/then > statement that will run a macro if the statement is true or run a > different macro if a statement is not true? > > Example: > > =IIF([Expense] is Null, Error, Close) > > Thanks Private Sub MyButt...

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

How do I keep the home tool bar on top
An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can restore it but every time i hit a key the tool bar disapers. How do I keep the tool bar on top while I am typing. You've minimized the Ribbon. Double-click any tab on the Ribbon to restore it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "RobertTaylor" <RobertTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081A95C4-76B9-47E2-A4E6-83A080233AD0@microsoft.com... > An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can rest...

How to keep userform always on the top of all windows application
Hi All!! Is there some that when I execute an excel user form, it *remains o the top * of all the windows applications that are currently running until & unless I, manually, minimize or close it. Regards, Jat -- JAtz_DA_WA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JAtz_DA_WAY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40059 You may get an answer to your question--but it'll involve both making the userform always on top plus adding those minim...

Keep it alive
Hello! Is it possible to declare an Access.Application object in a module of another db (let's call it db1), display the application window to the user interface and keep it alive even when db1 is closed? Because the database object is closed as soon as the memory used by db1 is released.. Thanks for any suggestion! Answered in another group where you posted this. ...

how to keep text with next paragraph
"Church Mouse" wrote: > What is the problem? Version? ...

deposit to keep??
When you cancel a layaway and rms ask you if you want deposit to keep and you say ok, what happens to the money and where does that money go? and is there a way to turn off that button? ...

Button quit working in Outlook 98
I am using Outlook 98 on two different machines. On both of them the Options button on the Outlook Today screen no longer does anything. The cursor changes to a hand when I pass over the button but nothing happens when I click it. This used to work. I uninstalled and reinstalled on one of the machines but it still doesn't work. Jim Pierce <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook 98 on two different machines. On both > of them the Options button on the Outlook Today screen no > longer does anything. The cursor changes to a hand when I > pass...

how can i use radio buttons for more than 1 yes no question
In working with excel I am trying to use a form with 2 yes or no questions. I am using option buttons marked yes and no but when I try clicking on them only 1 of the 4 buttons darkens. I copy and pasted one set and then made a new button and copy and pasted that. but still only one button will darken at a time.I would really like each question maked yes or no I read an earlier post from Jon Peltier and he had the answer all I needed to do was group 1 set of option boxes and all was right with the world. I went ahead and grouped to other set anyway. Thanks Jon "Proto" wr...

keep or not keep SMTP log files?
Hi, I'm curious about what do you do with your SMTP lof files? How long do you keep your smtp lof files? Save them onto a tape media or external harddrive? Do you delete them after 6 months? Or don't keep them at all? I'm trying to get a general idea what administrators do to their smtp log files. Thanks and appreciate it. Ricky On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:01:04 -0700, Ricky T <RickyT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm curious about what do you do with your SMTP lof files? How long do you >keep your smtp lof files? Save them onto a tape medi...

Keeping Outlook on top?
I have, hopefully a simple question. When I click on a link (hypertext) how can I make outlook stay on top so I can read other messages until I am ready to go to my web browser and look at the page that was open? Thanks for any help!! SSDD "D" <D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E96DBF0-BABB-4E5C-8734-4A5D8695A71C@microsoft.com... >I have, hopefully a simple question. When I click on a link (hypertext) >how > can I make outlook stay on top so I can read other messages until I am > ready > to go to my web browser and look at the page that ...

keeping cell formatting
Hello, I have formatted an excel spreadsheet (changed cell widths and height etc...) I would like to retain this formatting when i copy this spreadsheet t other sheets. How can I do this? As it is now, I have to change each cell manually each time I copy th spreadsheet template to another sheet. Thanks in advance aladdi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I just experimented with this and as far as I can tell, Width is attached to the column and height attached to the row. So, if you want to copy and paste data and maitain cell width and height, you may have to select wh...

Passing an argument from a query to a command
I am trying to send a report using an email address in a DB. I wrote the following code for it. Private Sub Reminder_Letter_Command_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Reminder_Letter_Command_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim SendTO As String stDocName = "BG Reminder Letter" RunQuery MsgBox "This is After RunQuery " & SendTO SendTO = [Queries]![BG email only from email from ae code].EmailAddress MsgBox "This is SendTO 2 Value ==== " & SendTO DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewNormal DoCmd.SendObject acSend...

tabs keep resetting
When ever I set new taps for a document when I close it and reopen it all my tabs are set back to 5. Is there a way to reset my default tabs to retain my 2 setting? You are likely thinking Publisher works just like Word. Well, not quite. But refer to this article - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011196811033.aspx?Query=default&Scope=TC%2cHP%2cHA%2cRC%2cFX%2cES%2cEP%2cDC%2cXT "katiekate" wrote: > When ever I set new taps for a document when I close it > and reopen it all my tabs are set back to 5. Is there a > way to reset my default tabs to re...

Option Buttons 06-21-07
If I choose a Control Source I can get the option buttons to work. Can you help? -- Dick Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200706/1 Do you want us to push the button? What is the problem? UpRider "richardlafrance via AccessMonster.com" <u31432@uwe> wrote in message news:740b97593dc91@uwe... > If I choose a Control Source I can get the option buttons to work. Can > you > help? > > -- > Dick > > Message posted via AccessMonster.com > http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ac...

how to keep tables on one page automatically
An age old question but one which in my foolishness I though MS might have solved with Office 7. But how many of you have found the page which shows the links between old commands and new. I'd like to include it here but if I try to find it I will navigate away. Just about the only thing which can be said in MS's favor about Office 7 questions is that MS is better than Adobe. Otherwise the amount of time wasted is horrendous. If you're asking how to keep a table on one page, one way to do it is to select all but the last row and mark them "Keep With Next" in ...

How do I create a hyperlink from a button on a worksheet?
Is it possible to assign a hyperlink (to a web page) to a button on the worksheet? I added a command button to a sheet but found there's no provision to add a web link and I'm not sure sure what syntax to use for a macro. Thanks for any info. Ian Hi, Ian, right click on your button, select view code, paste this: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:="http://microsoft.com", NewWindow:=True End Sub (lines 2 & 3 are really on one line) jeff >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to assign a hyperlink (to a web page...