How to keep display format when exporting XML?

First thank you for taking the time to read about my problem.

My problem is this.
When exporting my xml data, the time/date values loose their display
format.  A time of 01:30 am, for example, becomes something like
0.001353 when exported..

What do I need to do to keep the same format as is displayed in Excel?
It would
sure be great if you could help.
Kind regards

0
ogibogi (3)
8/4/2006 6:40:11 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

(2nd attempt)How to create CMainFrame-based dialog to display variable number of listboxes in a CFormView
Hello, I have an app where I need to display a variable number of CListBoxes (in a single row) in a CFormView. I don't know how to dynamically create the CListBoxes and attach them to the CFormView, something that would normally be done through resources if it were a fixed number of listboxes.. Could anyone give me an idea of how to dynamically allocate and attach controls and then any cleanup? I also need to know how to manually hook up a CMainFrame with a CFormView, as the AppWizard only creates something like that as a topmost window, I think. Any help would be greatly appreciate...

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

Column format to override row fomat in FrX
In FrX the row format overrides the column format for font styles eg. bold etc. it would be useful if it was possible to have the option for the column format to override the row fomat ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesss...

Conditional Formatting #43
Looks easy doesn't it? Hah! Any instructions as to how I can do the following: Column M cells are already formatted to show the date as (in the cas of M2 for example) =A2+28 (so, 28 days after the date that is entere into A2). I want the date that is calculated & shown in M2 to turn re 7 days before that date. If the date in A2 is 01/06/04 then M2 wil read 29/06/04 but I want it to turn red on 22/06/04 (I use dd/mm/yy a I'm in Europe) and then I want it to turn bold red two days before th date - in this example 27/06/04. I also need a similar effect to make the date generated in co...

Mail format problems Exchange 2003
I am running OL2002 on Win XP Pro on both a desktop and laptop in a large network. The network was recently converted from NT Server to Exchange Server 2003. At that time, all of my mail began being converted from plain text to html. This appears to be only on both machines accessing my account, not on other accounts in the network. If I send a message in plain text mode, it is received by others as plain text, but converted to html in my Sent folder. Plain text sent to me is converted to html upon receipt. Since this happens on both machines, I think it is something to do with the serve...

Trouble exporting Report to Excel
How do you increase rows to output size? When exporting a 2000+ page report to Excel (97-2002 *xls), stops on page 412 with message stating: “There are too many rows to output, based on limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access”. Using Access 2000 with Windows 2000 OS Excel has a hard-and-fast limit of 65536. When you export to Excel from a report, you usually get extraneous blank lines, so it's conceivable that you're hitting that limit. There's no way around it, other than to simply export the data (assuming less than 65536 rows) rather than the rep...

random text displaying
what i want to do is create a way to make a schedule randomly. i want t put in all possible shifts in a worksheet, then somehow be able t bring them up at random with the rand function and give the shifts t people who are available to work them. i'm not sure if i will be abl to do this solely with excel, or if i will need to use other tools a well. any help would be appreciate ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have the right idea -- use the =RAND() fu...

Define a development approach to Parse/Load/Search an XML document of size ~1GB
Hi All i have given a problem set in which i need to parse/load/search a xml document of near about 1 GB in dot net. Please help me in this also do not have the luxury to dump the data into a relational database Sandeep *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Sandeep Akhare wrote: > i have given a problem set in which i need to parse/load/search a xml > document of near about 1 GB in dot net. XmlReader (respectively XmlTextReader in .NET 1.x) parses XML of any size in a forwards only pull parsing mode node by node so memory consumption by the reade...

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

Display Choices for End Users
GP10 does not include the option of allowing a person to pick the Alternative, Default or System color schema. It's been a feature of all releases up to V10. Users need to have this option put back into GP10. From what I hear, it's been taken away. Why would a NEW release take away something that was seriously needed? In the current release, a user can only have one screen color schema. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" but...

Leading zero's while exporting to excel
Hi In the database, field is formatted is text and the data is account no 0101893672, while exporting the data through (Query >Report) to excel format leading zero is not visible in the excel sheet e.g 101893672. I need to have this zero visible in the excel format, how can i do that. Thanks in advance Ron Rony Before you export it, in a query, convert it to a string of characters. Leading zeros in number (real, actual, add-subtract-multiply-divide numbers) are dropped because they're meaningless. In your example, they aren't really numbers, but an identifier that happens...

Korean Language Display Issues
I am running Outlook 2007 and for some reason, the headers of my mail and my contacts all display as wingdings instead of the Korean characters. The body of the messages are fine, but I need to be able to find my contacts and see who I'm getting mail from and what it's about. If anyone has a suggestion for a fix or a similar experience, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! ...

Offset in Conditional Formatting?
I have the following formula to check for a condition: =IF(CB3="Reg",MOD(CA3-BZ3,1)>TIME(0,$AG$39,0),IF(CB4="Reg",MOD(CA4-BZ4,1)>TIME(0,$AG$39,0),IF(CB5="Reg",MOD(CA5-BZ5,1)>TIME(0,$AG$39,0)))) Essentialy what it does is check if a value (Reg) is present in one of 3 sequential rows and if so calculates if the time difference between two related values in the same row are greater than a predetermined number. If TRUE then the cell is formatted. The formula works fine for a single cell but when I use the Applies To field in CF and highlight th...

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

Want to display entire excel sheet inside ms access form
hi, What are best ways to display an external excel file inside the ms access form. Thanks Jerry I tried with this method, intially part of the excel data is visible in the screen, to see entire excel I activated the OLE control as In-Process, now the screen size is different and I cannot able to control the container control size. Although I can able to set OLE control width/height it i not applied to the activated container control. Is there any way to set the size of the Container control size programmatically. Regards Sivanand FTSI, India. "Jerry Whittle" wrote: >...

page size limitations when using two displays
I was about to post a question on this subject when I finally found the answer. I'm posting anyway it because others may be similarly perplexed. I recently added a second digital monitor to my wife's computer. It makes working on big spread sheets much easier. I have had two monitors on my computer for several months. Both run Excel97 under WinXP-pro. The original (first and older) monitor is set up to be viewed at a much lower resolution, 1280 x 768 pixels as compared to the 1680 x 1050 pixels on the new digital display. The video card is a Radeon 9200 Series that has the c...

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

Rec Trans SmartList should display trans dist acct rather than cu
Receivables Transaction Smartlist should display the transaction distribution account rather than the account set up as the default in the customer master. This is so basic it should be considered a bug. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

How do I keep the home tool bar on top
An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can restore it but every time i hit a key the tool bar disapers. How do I keep the tool bar on top while I am typing. You've minimized the Ribbon. Double-click any tab on the Ribbon to restore it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "RobertTaylor" <RobertTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081A95C4-76B9-47E2-A4E6-83A080233AD0@microsoft.com... > An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can rest...

How to keep userform always on the top of all windows application
Hi All!! Is there some that when I execute an excel user form, it *remains o the top * of all the windows applications that are currently running until & unless I, manually, minimize or close it. Regards, Jat -- JAtz_DA_WA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JAtz_DA_WAY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40059 You may get an answer to your question--but it'll involve both making the userform always on top plus adding those minim...

Keep it alive
Hello! Is it possible to declare an Access.Application object in a module of another db (let's call it db1), display the application window to the user interface and keep it alive even when db1 is closed? Because the database object is closed as soon as the memory used by db1 is released.. Thanks for any suggestion! Answered in another group where you posted this. ...

Change the number of values/gridlines displayed in the Z-Axis...
I need to know how to change the number of Z-Axis values/gridlines that show up along the bottom of a chart. My problem is, Excel is automatically choosing the number of gridlines, and for some crazy reason, it's displaying so many gridlines that the values for each line are bunching together and overlapping or wrapping to two rows. I only want 5 or 6 gridlines on my chart at all times, no matter what the values are. How do I specify that? WATYF Double click on the axis, and adjust the settings on the Scale tab. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solut...