how to import decimal and hex

How can I import a text file where some columns contain decimal real numbers
and some columns contain hex numbers? like:

2.3 2E10 1E20
4.3 21FF F230

One problem was Excel read the hex "2E10" as exponential decimal 2.0E10

help please

thanks

Duane
0
noone1 (387)
5/1/2004 7:08:15 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Importing Outlook Messages into Outlook Express
I previously used Outlook 2000 on an old PC and now have a new PC using Outlook Express 6. I saved some of my old Outlook .msg files and Outlook mailbox.pab file on my new PC, but have not been able to "import" the Outlook files into Outlook Express. My Office 2000 CD is damaged and I have no way of installing Outlook on my new PC. Is there a way of opening or importing my Outlook files with Outlook Express? Appreciate the help, David ...

Import/Track Contacts automatically from Outlook to CRM
Hi all, Can a user automatically track all the contacts in his default paste of Contacts in Outlook to MSCRM. I know they can manually be tracked in CRM and i know we can export contacts to csv or txt and use the bulk import. However i would like to know which is the best way to put contacts from outlook to CRM automatically, in a startup. Thanks for your help Rute ...

Importing from Excel?
I have a simple home-brew system on an Excel worksheet, and I want to convert it to Microsoft Money. There are about 200-300 transactions in my Excel worksheet. Is there a way to import these transactions into Money? In microsoft.public.money, Lou Sander wrote: >I have a simple home-brew system on an Excel worksheet, >and I want to convert it to Microsoft Money. There are >about 200-300 transactions in my Excel worksheet. > >Is there a way to import these transactions into Money? See http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php Have a look at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb...

Rules imported from Apple Mail

Import Problem
When I try to map custom fields to import an Excel database into MS Outlook contacts, it gives me the following error back--MAP1error 0X80070057 and it does not take fields I mapped, such as MI for middle initial from Excel does not appear in the Outlook Middle Name even though I mapped it. Any help on fixing? In Outlook, Export your contacts to a CSV file. Open the CSV file in Excel Delete all data, leave row One alone. copy the data from your Excel file to the CSV file, one column at a time. In Outlook import the CSV to a new folder. Check it, If it is correct, move it to your contact...

Importing investment transactions
I am having trouble importing a qif file containing buy and sell data for shares. Importing of the cash portion of the investment account appears to work for deposits and withdrawals; but not the buy/sell data. Can someone give the best known method to do this. Regards, Tom In microsoft.public.money, Tom G wrote: >I am having trouble importing a qif file containing >buy and sell data for shares. Importing of the cash >portion of the investment account appears to work for >deposits and withdrawals; but not the buy/sell data. >Can someone give the best known method to do th...

How do I import a Quark document into Publisher?
Is there a way that I may import a Quark doc into Publisher? Marko wrote: > Is there a way that I may import a Quark doc into Publisher? Copy and Paste? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ 1. Copy and paste 2. Save it as another graphics format (I don't have Quark so I don't know what your options are) and insert it. 3. Screen shot -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Marko" <Marko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11D41F3E-F344-4723-83A7-0AD2C16FA710@microsoft.com... > Is there a way that I may import a Q...

import budget with accounts to aa
we are using gp 10,and I am trying to import an excel file for budget with accounts to budget form at analytical accounting, but it gives me an error that IMPORT FAILED BECAUSE TOTAL OF ROOT NODE IS INcorrect though when i try to enter the budget manulay it succeds You have to add a row to your import file that has the summary value at each hierarchical level within your budget structure. At least that has been my experience. "sally.abdelwahab" wrote: > we are using gp 10,and I am trying to import an excel file for budget with > accounts to budget form at analytical a...

Visio 2007
Is there a simple hook from Visio 2007 and an Active directory Environment to do and export/import from AD to Visio. I want to create a simple drwaing of my tree - Root - OU's etc.. Hello, yes there is: www.netdocad.com -- Mit freundlichen Grüßen/ with kind regards Senaj Lelic DE MVP Visio "Bhoros" <Bhoros@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:84DA2C84-5934-45D1-A75D-5EC06163DCDD@microsoft.com... > Is there a simple hook from Visio 2007 and an Active directory Environment > to > do and export/import from AD to Visio. > >...

Importing .ofx files to wrong account
I was importing .ofx files into Money 2004 when I imported one of them into the wrong account. I deleted the imported transactions from the account, but now when I try to re-import the file, it automatically puts the transactions into the wrong (although previously selected) account. Needless to say, it's quite irritating. How do I make it so the import asks which account is the target for the import? In microsoft.public.money, scope wrote: >I was importing .ofx files into Money 2004 when I >imported one of them into the wrong account. I deleted >the imported trans...

big problem of Importing the customerization
hi guys... now i encounted a big problem of importing the customerization which add the new fields in the case and account, and also, convert the language into Chinese. First time when i did some customerization for the system, it was fine to import the XML file. however, today, i intended to import the second verision of the customerization into the system, which means to cover the previous customerization. It succeed to import the XML file, but when I click the case botton, the error message showed out as follow, "Query Builder Error No attribute" I donot know what's g...

Is there an easy way to import the month of January 2008 into my..
Is there an easy way to import the month of January 2008 into my newletter. The month that the template reflects is 2003. I'd rather not have to retype all the numbers each month. I'm sure this is obvious to someone out there. I'm new to Publisher. Thanks anyone who can help. Sharon Hey Sharon, When you have your newsletter or newsletter template opened, when you choose "Page Content" and then under "See also" click on "Insert Page". In the "Insert Newsletter Pages" dialog box there are two drop down boxes (which are probably de...

Money -- import of Excel File of Transactions ...
I'm having trouble reconciling my account on line. So I was able to download the account into Excel and "fixed" my transactions that way. How do I import these transactions into an excisting account into Microsoft Money (2003). Thanks. Convert it to QIF. More details in the FAQ. "jkotecha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D25442EC-C729-4522-AB11-3DE56336C40C@microsoft.com... > I'm having trouble reconciling my account on line. So I was able to download the account into Excel and "fixed" my transactions that way. How d...

Analysing data imported from MS Money
Hi Excel experts, I'm struggling with something that is probably quite simple. I've imported a whole load of financial transactions from MS Money. They're in a worksheet of their own called "Money data". Key data: Column B has date of transaction Column F has the amount Column H has the category into which the transaction falls Within the same workbook in a separate worksheet called "Annual figures" I want to have a table of total annual expenditure month-by- month from each category. Here are the columns I currently have in that worksheet. Column A: a list ...

Need MPV help: Outlook 2003 won't import my backup.pst
I have major problem on my hands. I decided to reformat my HD and setup XP Pro from the ground up. Naturally, I backed up my all my Outlook data using the File>Export command, and burned the .pst file onto a CD. I reinstalled Office 2003, open Outlook, and attempt to import my backup.pst file....and bam! I get an error message saying the file is not a Personal Files Folder file? I've tried everything I can think of, even attempted opening the file directly in Outlook. But still I get the same message, and the file will not open. What can I do? Or am I just up a river without a p...

Imported numbers change to dates
I often copy tables off the internet and they contain text like "1-2" or "5-11". When those numbers are imported, they automatically covert to a date: "2-Jan" or "11-May". I want them to be imported as text. If I pre-format the cells as text, the formatting is overwritten by the pasting of the data. If I try to format the cells after the data has been imported, it changes the data to a 5-digit number that has no meaning to me. Is there any way to paste all the data as text, while retaining the table format? imajinaree wrote: > I often copy ...

Large import
We have a list of 191000 records in a CSV format that we want to import into excel...the problem is that it imports them straight down, reaches 65000 and does not import the rest of the records. Is there any way to force excel to import this into 10 columns, then go down? Thanks! "Tim" <tim70@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:02c201c37c75$7412c1b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > We have a list of 191000 records in a CSV format that we > want to import into excel...the problem is that it imports > them straight down, reaches 65000 and does not import the > rest of t...

Lotus 123 import to Excel loses 2 text characters
Everytime I attempt to import or open a Lotus 1-2-3 file in Excel (2004 Mac), it chops the last two characters off of every cell that is interpreted as text. Ie. Jan becomes 'J', Feb becomes 'F', and numbers stored as text lose the last two digits as well. I need to convert/update a great deal of files, and cannot lose this information, please help. In Lotus can you save it as Excel, csv or xml file? "mackie99" wrote: > Everytime I attempt to import or open a Lotus 1-2-3 file in Excel (2004 Mac), > it chops the last two characters off of every cell tha...

Importing csv or excel into RMS
Good afternoon, We just bought the RMS for our store and need to import our old data base which is available in csv & excel form into the new RMS database. We have about 11000 items (item code, description, category, supplier, cost & selling price). I have checked and found various references to QS Import, MSSQL Import, Retail Realm, etc... and I'm not sure what would be the best to use. I'm lost, any help anyone can give me I'll appreciate it immensely. Because a local programmer wants to charge me $1,600.00 (too much) to built a program. Thanks again, Tommy Hi...

Import DWF?
How can I get a DWF file into Visio? Does anyone know of a converter to take the file from DWF to either DWG or DXF? Thanks, Don ...

Import / Export #2
Running Vista Business Edition, Office 2007. 1. Microsoft web pages, for example http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290859 state that there is a menu item for "Import / Export" under the File menu, but it does not appear on my Outlook. Does anyone know where the menu item is and/or why it does not appear? TIA Andrew It could have been disabled or not installed by your corporate admin. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World...

Formatting Dates in a sheet imported from ACCESS
I have imported a report from ACCESS 97 into EXCEL 97 and this worked fine. However, when I tried to format the dates in EXCEL, nothing happens. I can format other cells, just the existing date cells won't change unless I retype the information. Seems almost like the format is locked?? Please advise how I can format these cells. Thank You, Orlando The dates are being treated as text. There are some techniques here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html that you could try, on a copy of your workbook, to convert the text dates to real dates. Orlando Omizzolo wrote: >...

importing or opening .dbx files
some time ago, before installing xp on my computer, i backed up all of my mail history from outlook express onto a cd. i'm now trying to move the folders back into outlook. the files all have a .dbx extension but i haven't figured out how to get them into the appropriate folders in outlook. for instance, on the cd is the file: deleted items.dbx and i would like to get it into deleted items folder in outlook. thanks for looking I also want to know how to import and open .dbx files because I am switching computers. Thanks in advance! Try posting this in an Outlook Express ...

Mail Merge Decimals
I have been searching for a way to solve my decimal problems whe merging from excel to wordxp in mail merge and I cannot find a definit way of fixing it. I am using a database which updates daily an creates a welcome letter. I need to find a way to use the exact dolla amount from excel without having to transfer the cells to text. I sa something in regards to changing the data to DDE, but for some reaso that won't let me merge in the mail merge helper. I get an erro message. Please advise me -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you can't connect through DDE, you ...

import to AD
I'm trying to import 500 users from one AD forest to another AD forest as mail enabled contacts. As a test, I creatd a .ldf file with one entry. It looks similar to this: objectclass: contacts dn: CN=Michael Erickson,ou=contatcs,dc=test,dc=test,dc=local displayName: Michael Erickson mailNickname: merickson mail: Michael.Erickson@test.test.com I get pretty much nowhere. I always get a syntax error on line one. Get anyone please head me in the right direction. thanks Hi Try this > dn: CN=Michael Erickson,ou=contacts,dc=test,dc=test,dc=local > changetype: add > object...