How to hide dotted lines marking page breaks in the normal view?

Hello
How to hide dotted lines marking page breaks in the normal view? The  dotted
lines appear after coming back from the page preview.

0
kopn1 (50)
1/15/2004 2:11:08 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Dmitriy,
  Tools,  Options,  View (tab),  uncheck  Page Breaks  in the last section
---
HTH,

"Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ru> wrote in message news:uz7pdF32DHA.3416@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hello
> How to hide dotted lines marking page breaks in the normal view? The  dotted
> lines appear after coming back from the page preview.

0
dmcritchie (2585)
1/15/2004 2:24:18 PM
Thanks!
"David McRitchie" <dmcritchie@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi Dmitriy,
>   Tools,  Options,  View (tab),  uncheck  Page Breaks  in the last section
> ---
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>
> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ru> wrote in message
> > Hello
> > How to hide dotted lines marking page breaks in the normal view? The
dotted
> > lines appear after coming back from the page preview.

0
kopn1 (50)

Using custom fields for better email list view.
Hello. I get lots of letters with the same title. I want to group them by topic and sort on the number of letters in the group. I know that I can do this using custom fields but I do not know what query to use to get the number of letters the group. ...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Hiding formuals in cells question

hide my name

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

Grid lines in Tasks printout?
How do I darken or change the color of them? ...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Cannot add columns to custom views
I have a problem that is causing a major handicap. I cannot add any columns to any custom leads view that I create. No matter what, the only column that is displayed is the default key column (name) that is there when the view is created. When I click on add columns, the dialog box that is supposed to list columns that I can add to the view has no columns listed at all. I am logged in as the System Administrator when trying to accomplish this. Also, when I create a filter criteria it is never saved. I save it, but when I go back into it, it is gone. Any help would be GREATLY apprec...

Hiding a worksheet #3

Print multiple non-sequential pages?
Hello, TIA Having been playing around with various printing methods for the past week or so, I'm noticing that I don't see any method to print via VBA a set of pages in a non-sequential order... DoCmd.PrintOut offers us a Range to work with, but how about particular page selections? Ex. Pages 1-4, 9, 15 Is the standard method for this to use PrintOut 3 times, one for 1-4, another for 9, and another for 15? I don't see any reason why I couldn't do this, but was wondering if the feature is built-in somewhere and I haven't found it... thanks ...

Hide images when Hiding Rows

lines on bar charts
If I graph a simple straight trend line on a chart, how do I get it to run behind the bars on my chart - rather than showing across the bars? David, To do so, you will need to create an overlay chart. An overlay chart is simply one chart laid over another. First create the Excel generated line and bar chart. The, make a copy of the chart. Delete or make tranparent everything in the second chart with the exception of the columns. Finally, overlay the second chart over the first. What I'm describing above sounds like a lot of work. However, Jon Peltier has an example with VBA ...

Hiding plot Area

In Excel, how do I create a one page doc, like the templates?
How do I start with a 1 page doc? I want to do things like center a cell at the top. Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT. Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........ C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART This will be the default workbook for File>New>Workbook. Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings. You can also open a new workbook ...

Catalog Merge templates do not line up when printed
It appears the "next record" logic in the Publisher mail merge logic is missing when attempting to print any document that has more than 1 copy per sheet? Publisher will only print data from one record per physical page and not move to next record for each postcard on the page. ie) 8.5" x 11" paper, 8.5" x 5.5" post card, 1 column per page, 2 cards per page But has anyone, in the MVP community, created a workaround? Being a long time user of MS tools, we always had to hack around the MS shortcomings. I'm not a Publisher expert and need to get a fix...

Page numbering 12-04-09
I have taken the trouble to review all the related previous posts but do not see the answer to meet my needs. I have a 7 page document which consists of a front and back cover 2 pages each and so far 3 pages of report. Page 2 is followed by a section break next page while page 5 is followed by a section break next page. In addition I also put a section break at the end of the document which I should not need. Numbering starts on page 3 as page 1 of Y which seems to work fine. However, page 4 and 5 do not display page numbers while page 6 displays page 1 of 6 and page 7 i...

View task pane and mail #2
Hello!! Using Outlook 2003 - Does anyone know if there is a way to view the mail as well as the task list? Similar to the view I can acheive using Calendar and task list. Thanks! Chris only by creating a folder home page using the outlook view control. There are some samples at www.digidashlive.com -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cente...

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

print 2 worksheets on the same page side-by side
I am creating a template that has two worksheets, I need to print the worksheets on the same page side-by-side. The problem I am having with them on the same page is when I hide the rows with zero values on one side it hides the the numbers on the other side You have a response at your other thread. wil4d wrote: > > I am creating a template that has two worksheets, I need to print the > worksheets on the same page side-by-side. The problem I am having with them > on the same page is when I hide the rows with zero values on one side it > hides the the numbers on the other s...

view comments in cell
If I slide with the cursor over a group of merged cells in an Excel spreadsheet, the comments of that cells are shown at the right hand side of the cell....but if this group of cells is along the edge of the display, my comments won't be shown because it's the end of the display. How can I make them show (left hand side of cell ?) on the display without scrolling the sheet ? Is there an option in Excel or should I use a Visual Basic macro ? regards, roland You have no control over what direction or where a comment will appear. "roland" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Footer on 1st page different from all other pages
I have a report that can be from one to around ten pages long. I need a page footer that containes the page number and another label on ALL pages, but on the FIRST page only, I need additional labels and text boxes. I know how to make the page header not print on pages with a report header or footer, I thought maybe I could use some variation of the report footer, and cause it to print on the first page instead of the last, but no luck. Is there some way to maybe make those fields needed on the first page only to be visible only if the page number is one, and not visible on all others...

link to other page from xsl

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...

How do I hide email addresses in outgoing mail
Hint: You post your question in the body of the post, not the Subject. Hint 2: Use the BCC field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm As posted here MANY MANY times - put them in the BCC...