how to get the alternative text of pic from an excel file

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C830E9.75B4DE40

i have an excel file containg alot of photos , how can i get the =
alternative text of all these photos , the there any function can help . =
or any way=20

Thanks.
------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C830E9.75B4DE40

<HTML dir=3Drtl><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1256">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2>
<BODY>
<DIV dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft>
<DIV dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft>i have an excel file containg alot of photos =
, how can i=20
get the alternative text of all these photos , the there any function =
can help .=20
or any way </DIV>
<DIV dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV dir=3Dltr =
align=3Dleft>Thanks.</DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML></FONT></FONT>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C830E9.75B4DE40--

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You'd need a macro.  A quick and dirty example:

Sub a()
    Dim Pic As Picture
    Dim Counter As Integer
    For Each Pic In ActiveSheet.Pictures
        Counter = Counter + 1
        Cells(Counter, 1).Value = Pic.Name
        Cells(Counter, 2).Value = Pic.ShapeRange.AlternativeText
    Next
End Sub

--
Jim
"khaled" <khaled-elashry@nileprojects.com> wrote in message
i have an excel file containg alot of photos , how can i get the alternative
text of all these photos , the there any function can help . or any way

Thanks.

0
jrrech1 (131)

How to change Static Text property in a function?
I want to change Background(forground) Color of a Static Text control in member function. How to do that? sxy7711 wrote: > I want to change Background(forground) Color of a Static Text control in > member function. How to do that? > > See the example in the doc page for OnCtlColor. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

03Excel shldn't chg col hdrs to nos after text to col, keep alpha
2003 EXCEL: After using text-to-columns, column headers change to numbers, the same as the rows. Afterwards, it's difficult to create formulas to work with in the spread sheets, especially when you want to use absolute references. I looked through help but found no relief. The only way I could figure out how to change them back is to close the workbook, open a previous workbook that has alpha across the top, and then reopen the problem workbook. Excel adopts the first spread sheet's view and carries it over to the problem workbook. Save it then. If anyone else knows a keyb...

Conditional linked files
Hi, I have two files (a master and a detail) in which I pull through a column from the detail to the master, using "=[Detail.xls]Sheet1!$A$2" However I would like to configure the spreadsheets so that only data which meets a condition is pulled in the master, in other words using pseudo code as follows. If [link] in detail.xls = yes then display in master. I realise that the condition statement will probably need to sit in the master file but have no idea how this is done or whether possible at all. Any ideas? Mark -- madiba --------------------------------------------------...

A Crystal Beginner

Same file exists when I run Optimizer
Dear Sir/Madam, While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met a error message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There is the same file, ...., in the destination.". But I could see for sure that there was No files in the destination. Could you let me know how to fix it? Thanks a lot in advance. KC "�̱�ö" <kclee@jcsworld.com> wrote: >While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met a error >message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into >D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There is...

Alter position of "Duplicate Receipt" text on receipt
Hi, I'm not too familiar with XML, but I'd really like to be able to move the position of the text "Duplicate Receipt" into the main body of the receipt- below the store address- as opposed to having it as a header and footer. Can anyone help? Thanks. hi Tara, you can do so, Open the receipt.xml file and find there are 2 boolean paramter <SET name="ShowDuplicateBefore" custom="false" description="Show Duplicate At Top" type="vbBoolean"> True </SET> <SET name="ShowDuplicateAfter" custom="true&q...

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

Get paid while you get online!!

Change Excel Icon
Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? Many Thanks. Kevin. Right click the icon, go to properties, select Change Icon. "kevin" <kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD3D14AE-46DA-4D03-944F-B04BF1DA0D8C@microsoft.com... > Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a > shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? > > Many Thanks. > > Kevin. Kevin AFAIK you cannot change the icon for the Excel.exe...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How to program an excel macro to repeat a series of keystrokes?
I want to program an Excel macro to set a columnar range, then perform the keystroke series "F2, Home, =, Enter" repeatedly until the end of the range is reached. How do I teach the macro to automatically repeat the keystoke series? I am using XP, and Excel 2002 10.4. Thanks for your help!!! Hi there, Look up Sendkeys in the visual basic editor help. Hope that helps Naz, London "Beancounter" wrote: > I want to program an Excel macro to set a columnar range, then perform the > keystroke series "F2, Home, =, Enter" repeatedly until the end of the ...

Converting Outlook files #2
Hi, In a magazine article that I read, it said that when moving from Outlook 2002 or earlier to Outlook 2003, you should convert the file to the new format that is found in 2003, but how can I do that BTW. I don't want to loose all of the documents and setting that are already associated with the current file -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin In Outlook 2003, File->New->Outlook Data File->Type->Personal Folders File. Do not select the 97-2002 format. Then drag and drop your folders from the old to the new. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post...

Alternatives to VLOOKUP?
For the life of me I can not figure out how to use VLOOKUP..is there anything else I can try that might be easier? My situation is this.. I have 2 worksheets. 1st worksheets have a bunch of codes and what the codes mean. Basically a code book in excel format example aaa apples bbb bananas ccc carrots ddd dairy ppp peaches 2nd worksheet has a few codes for a customer that the customer uses. aaa ccc ppp I want to search worksheet 1 for the codes in worksheet 2...Then fill in the info in worksheet 2 so worksheet 2 would look like this aaa apples ccc carrots...

Convert a formula into text
I downloaded a text file from a client data software. Now when I opened the txt file in excel it converted one column into formulas when it should have been txt. For example in the txt file reads "-AD", now in excel reads "=- AD". It's giving me a display "#NAME?". What I really need is just to get rid of the "=" sign. I tried diferent ways. I used txt functions like text, trim, left, right, etc. I also tried copy and paste as value. Is there any other way to do this process smoother and faster? what do you suggest I need to do? This file as ...

Unzip Files
How do I unzip files contained in an email using Windows Office 2000? You have to download the pkzip app, or an equivalent eg winzip, from one of the shareware sites http://www.winzip.com/ eg David "Rita" <coolbird46@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:388519F6-8A1F-4661-952A-6BBDB9E78E5B@microsoft.com... > How do I unzip files contained in an email using Windows Office 2000? ...

inserting texts in cell based on conditions
Hi, I would very much appreciate if someone could help me solving a problem, illustrated by the following example: Column A B C 1 1 "LB" 2 1 "DK" 3 4 1 1 "LB/DK" If there's a 1 in column A, the corresponding cell in column C should get the text "LB" inserted into it. If there's a 1 in column C, the corresponding cell in column C should get the text "DK" inserted into it. If both column A and B have ones in them, the corresponding cell should get the...

Checking specific text string in excel files stored in a folder
Hi, I need to write a code that can do the following: 1) prompt user to select a particular folder 2) search for a particular text string, for e.g., ABCD in all the excel files in that folder (the number of files in the folder will vary and so does the names of the files). Is it possible to specify the string that we want to search on the fly when macro is run? 3) create a simple report that contains the filename in one column and yes / no in the second column that tell me which file names contain that keyword (it will be great if the path of the file can be recorded in the 3rd colum...

Footers/Headers in Excel
Can I paste from Word to a custom header or footer in Excel? Yes. Select what you want in Word and copy. Go to custom header spot. You need to click in there and hit ctrl;v There's no command to actually paste (like right clicking). ctrl;c = copy ctrl;v = paste "sls" wrote: > Can I paste from Word to a custom header or footer in Excel? ...