How to filter text automatically

Hi all,
         I have a workbook that has infomation imported in from
access.
the info is as shown

session    date        Amount      Due     Comments
   1          1/1/05       234          11        Good
   2          2/2/05       123           7       Not so Good

this goe's on for 12 sessions.
what I need is for excel to check the session on this worksheet
'Import1'
against the 'Main Sheet' cellA1 and which ever one matches then the
comment is entered into 'Main Sheet' Cell F62. hope that makes
sense.

Cheers.

Alan

0
a.caton (7)
4/6/2005 11:54:16 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

In cell F62 of Main Sheet, put this formula............

=VLOOKUP(A1,Import1!$A$2:$E$13,5,FALSE)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"rutima - ExcelForums.com" <a.caton@ntlworld-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote
in message news:eXSNyPwOFHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hi all,
>          I have a workbook that has infomation imported in from
> access.
> the info is as shown
>
> session    date        Amount      Due     Comments
>    1          1/1/05       234          11        Good
>    2          2/2/05       123           7       Not so Good
>
> this goe's on for 12 sessions.
> what I need is for excel to check the session on this worksheet
> 'Import1'
> against the 'Main Sheet' cellA1 and which ever one matches then the
> comment is entered into 'Main Sheet' Cell F62. hope that makes
> sense.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Alan

0
croberts (1377)

automatically update field
Hi I have a combo box with two columns - product & stock code. When I select a product I want the the stock code column which I have in my table to automatically populate. Is this possible to have on the actual main table? -- Thank you for your help Yes - you could use the AfterUpdate event of the combo to set the value of the control bound to the field holding the stock code. But - why ? You already have the stock code so it seems you want to store it again (twice in the same table or - even worse - in another table). Both of these are very bad ideas. You should use the rel...

Fit text box to text
I am using Publisher 2003 and I can see that there is a command to adjust text to best fit a text box. However, I wonder if there is a way to automatically shrink a text box so that it is the minimum size that will fit the text. I often have situations where I have multiple text boxes overlapping on a page, and to keep things simple and tidy, I would like to find an easy way to make each box as small as possible, while not affecting overflow etc. Jack Frost wrote: > I am using Publisher 2003 and I can see that there is a command to adjust > text to best fit a text box. However...

edit word art text?
I am trying to edit word art text created in an earlier version of Publisher (1998) with Publisher 2007, but it is not supported. Any ideas how to do this? The recent version will allow changes to everything but the text. There is a WordArt compatibility utility. You use it by Insert, Object, Scroll down to WordArt 3.2. If you have the old WordArt on your screen and you have installed the utility, simply double-click the WordArt. Publisher 2003/2002 Add-in: WordArt Compatibility http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=897AA11B-A37D-4586-A1A7-54BBEA375AE2&displayla...

Intelligent Message Filter #15
I am using an Exchange server 2003 SP2 on a win 2003 R2 server. I have IMF (Intelligent Message Filter) running and updated. I have several users with Black Berry PDA’s that connect to the exchange through RPC over HTTP. These users (one of them is the CEO) are being filtered by the IMF and end up in the Junk mail. Is there a way to prevent the mail coming from the Black Berry from being filtered. In other words to create a white list with in the IMF? Appreciate the help. Itay -- Itay - Mdg Medical ...

Long Text Strings Not Showing In Adjacent Cells
Under macro control, I copy a list of text strings from one worksheet to another. The text strings are long. In the target cells, text is showing only in the target cell. I'd like to have it flow into adjacent cells as well since nothing is there. The format cells options don't seem to have an effect. How do I get the entire text strings to show without visiting each cell in the worksheet? Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Clear the con...

Outlook 2003 Plaint Text & HTML question
Hello Everyone, I'm using Outlook 2003, and I'm trying to force HTML each time when I reply messages. However, if the original email is plain text, then the only I can switch to HTML manually. I know if client cannot read HTML email, then there is going to be problem. But I'm pretty sure they can read HTML, cuz they are using Outlook 2002. Is there a way for Outlook 2003 to force HTML on all reply messages? If not, can I change the default font for plaint text when replying emails? Thank you for your time in advance. No & No. "Eric" <erichuang@pobox.com&g...

how to clear automatic folder list when moving email messages

Text running
Hello I don't know if there is a code that keeps a word ( for example FOOTBALL) running from left to the right of the cell. I appriciate even a small help. Thanks in advance Where would you like it to run to? English and most other languages run left to right. Middle East countries usually run right to left. There are various methods of text alignment in cell formatting>alignment. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:39:01 -0700, MAX <MAX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello >I don't know if there is a code that keeps a wor...

Automatically delete completed tasks
Is there an "option" I'm missing? I would like completed tasks to be automatically deleted. Is this possible? thanks, sandy sandy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there an "option" I'm missing? I would like completed > tasks to be automatically deleted. Is this possible? Rather that checking them as complete, just delete them. It's no more effort, just a different click. -- Brian Tillman ...

Changing text
How do you change the font to all capitals all at once in a workbook? Hi Gregory! For all future entries just press Caps Lock For existing entries here's some code from David McRitchie. Sub Upper_Case() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual Dim Cell as Range On Error Resume Next 'In case no cells in selection For Each Cell In Intersect(Selection, _ Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlTextValues)) Cell.Formula = UCase(Cell.Formula) Next Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic Application....

Combo look up, format from number to text field
Hi I was given this code to look up on two combo box name Customer Number Posting Date Period which then a third combo box would look up on these two combo box an sum the value Amount field in a table for example Customer Number C00001 Posting Date 2009/07 Amount £5000 This is my code so far =DSum("Amount", " July 09 - On Billings and Adjustments Data Query ", " Format (Customer No#, "text) = " & Format (cboCustomerNumber.Value, "text") & " AND Format(Posting Date Period, "...

How do I automatically move vertical cells horizontally?
Am trying to group by date horizontally across page, for example: Date1 Name Number Date1 Name Number Date1 Name Number Date2 Name Number Date3 Name Number Date3 Name Number to: Date1 Name Number Name Number Name Number Date2 Name Number Date3 Name Number Name Number ...

automatic account updates
Hi Everyone, Could someone please post a detailed description of how these updates occur. I sign in with passport and have all the required information for my bank saved in money etc., but I've yet to see a download occur automatically. I usually end up doing a manual update. Just what are the rules that govern the automatic downloads are to happen. I am talking about regular bank account downloads etc. - not the stock quotes thing. Thanks for your help. Oh by the way I'm running the newest version 2006 premium. Jim Yodlee accounts will update on their own at some frequency ...

converting text to columns
I have a column of dates that have been imported from a CSV file. The format is month year (209, 1112, 1211, etc.). I need to separate the month and year into separate columns using "converting text to columns." However, because some of the numbers are only 3 digits, I can't separate using fix width and it is not delimited. In excel, the column is right justified, but when using the separating tool, it looks left justified. Help. After importing (in Col A) use this in B1 to get the month =MID(A1,1,LEN(A1)-2) and this in C1 to get the year =Right(A1,2) "Linda (Irwi...

Formatting Text to Numbers for Dates
I'm currently working with a column of dates. Some of the dates are text and some are numbers. The dates are in the following format 21/06/210 (mm/dd/yyyy). I used =isnumber() to verify cells. Half of the coulmn resulted in false values. I'm unable to format the dates to other formats, since some are text. Is there anyway to change the column so that all dates are numbers vs. text, thus allowing me to format them to other date formats??? Tommy, I assume the date you meant was 21/06/2010 and that the format is dd/mm/yyyy. If so, use this formula to turn it into ...

Run Macros at certain time automatically
Pls tell me is a way to run a macros at a certain time each day without me waking up to run it manually. Thanks Hi use the OnTime method for this. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Sze Wei wrote: > Pls tell me is a way to run a macros at a certain time > each day without me waking up to run it manually. > Thanks ...

Advanced Filter #7
I need help with my advanced filter. I want to filter my customer list, sheet 1 to work sheet 2, with only the customers located in Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, Indian Wells, La Quinta & Cathedral City, CA. In cell W43, I have inputed CITY & below that, W44:48 the cities as referenced above. How would I set up the criteria and operators to do the advanced filter? Thanks for you help. Best regards, victor Check out Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#CriteriaRange la90292 wrote: > > I need ...

Numbers as Text
I want to convert the number 12345678, etc. into Text with 10 digits, with leading zeros, when necessary, i.e. 0012345678. I first formatted the 8 digit number to a 10 digit one with the Format Cells Dialog Box (0000000000) and then format it as Text. But whenever I do that, the leading zeros get lost and the values remain numbers! How can I format the Cells that the values remain "0000000000" (=text) Felix In a helper cell............... =TEXT(12345678,"0000000000") Or =TEXT(cellref,"0000000000") Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 20:59:...

I want to inhibit editing of one text box based on the content of another
The two text boxes are on the same form (subform3). I want to inhibit the Quantity filed from being edited if the Status field contains "Ship Requested". The following code gives me an error 'Expected: list separator or )' Private Sub Quantity_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) ' Inhibit txtbox if the Status field is "Ship Requested" IIf(me.Status = "Ship Requested"; me.AllowEdits = True, _ me.AllowEdits = False) End Sub On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 23:07:21 -0500, BobC wrote: > The two text boxes are on the same form (subform3). >...

Welcome screen no longer displayed after last automatic Windows up
Hello, I have winXP Pro SP3 with one single user defined, which is an administrator, without password. Until the last automatic windows update (on 04/08/2010) the Welcome screen always appeared, but the logon happened automatically, as expected when one single user is defined without a password. Now, instead of the Welcome screen, the regular logon box appears, on a black background, and it accepts the empty password and then, after some time, displays the desktop. Both using the welcome screen and Fast user switching are enabled. I found a Microsoft hotfix http://support.mic...

How do you automatically save sent messages in Outlook 2003?
Tools>Options>email options. "Hal" wrote: > Have you looked in the "Sent Items" folder ? ...

"Balance account" used to automatically clear downloaded transactions but stopped doing so #3
This month when I went to balance my checking account, whose transactions are imported from a download file, the balance window came up with E marked for all downloaded transactions and I had to manually check them all cleared. Previously downloaded/imported transactions up to the closing statement were already cleared by Money. What do I have to change to return to that situation? Also...had an error in the statement opening balance, so restored my previous backup and the balance went o.k. However on line update is stuck in progress. There was a message about having to reset up online se...

Opening large text files
I have some text files which I want to open in Excel. I use the Text Import Wizard and it works with no problems. As I am going to be doing this a lot, I want to write a macro so I can do it at the press of a button. However, when I try to record the macro and use the Text Import Wizard, I get the error message "Too many lines". After OK'ing the error message, the file is opened properly, but the macro recorder has turned itself off and when I look at what has been recorded it's all in red - obviously an error. Is there a way I can get around this? It's not that there...

Using data filter
When I use auto filter for a data range with 7 field names all field names are selected and can be used to filter the data. Is it possible to select only one or two field names to use as the filters but still the entire data fields? Hi, when you apply filter and click in the arrow, you are able to select which names do you want to have as filtered data "Alrom45" wrote: > When I use auto filter for a data range with 7 field names all field names > are selected and can be used to filter the data. Is it possible to select > only one or two field names to us...

2003 FILTERING
I am using Outlook 2003 and have set the filtering to high so that only whitelist email is processed. I have my firebox, WatchGuard, set up to email me alerts. When I get the email, it comes in the format "firebox@ [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]". When I try to add to safe list, I get an error because it is not in the format user@domain.com. I would like to add this address to the safelist so my rules can move it to a specified folder. I tried adding as a contact and that still doesn't work. Any ideas? try words in header 'firebox@' - rules supersede the junk filter, so...