How to fill down without changing the format?

Does anyone know how to fill a cell's formula/value down without changing
the format (color, font, etc.)?

Todd Bennett
Mechanical Designer

Celerity Group, Inc.
9660 SW Herman Rd
Tualatin, OR 97062

Phone: 888-724-3221
E-mail: tbennett@celerity.net

0
tbennett (2)
8/26/2003 6:04:54 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Just drag it down.

"T Bennett" <tbennett@celerity.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to fill a cell's formula/value down without changing
> the format (color, font, etc.)?

> Todd Bennett
> Mechanical Designer
>
> Celerity Group, Inc.
> 9660 SW Herman Rd
> Tualatin, OR 97062
>
> Phone: 888-724-3221
> E-mail: tbennett@celerity.net

0
papaji (6)
8/26/2003 6:41:00 PM
Very nice, thanks.

"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contextures.com> wrote in message
> 1. Point to the Fill Handle, and press the RIGHT mouse button.
> 2. Drag down, then release the button.
> 3. From the shortcut menu, choose Fill Without Formatting
>
> T Bennett wrote:
> > Does anyone know how to fill a cell's formula/value down without
changing
> > the format (color, font, etc.)?
>
> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

tbennett (2)

making global changes
I recently imported my checking account data, over 2000 transactions, from an Excel worksheet. The data was accurately imported, but it didn't import the expense category associated with each transaction. Is there a way to have Money2002 globally change all checks written to Payee A assigned to Category B? I can re-import the data if I knew what to name the column and what order to place it in Excel. Maybe someone know the answer to that. Thanks in advance In microsoft.public.money, Michael Israel wrote: >I recently imported my checking account data, over 2000 transactions, from ...

RUS
Hi all! I've trouble with RUS on E2k3. The initial autocreating of e-mail works w/o problems, that's good. However, if I change any attribute that some RU Policy using to compute address (i.e. given name or surname), the RUS do not change the user email. The policy is set to "%g.%s@domain.tld", but if I change the user's name or surname, his e-mail is not changed and the old one remain... Is this "by design"? Did I omitted something? Thanx for help! -- R.V. To my knowledge, RUS isn't designed to "keep user accounts up to date". It stam...

Formula Changes when data entered in referenced range
I have 5 formulas in a worksheet that refer to a range. When data is entered in the range, the formulas adjust to exclude the cells with data. Range B5:B211 When data is entered in B5, range in the formulas becomes B6:B212. The workbook has nearly 200 worksheets with the same formulas. I'm working in Excel 2003. Does anybody have any idea what's going on????? Might help if you include the formulae that you are using. Regards Trevor "mac849" <mac849@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33BDD2CD-C071-4DAE-A821-4967E94C16A3@microsoft.com... >...

Filling cells in between pairs of numbers
Hello all, I am trying to find an easy way to fill in cells in between pairs of numbers each of which is exactly the average of the pair's difference averaged by the number of these cells greater than the previous. So I have 1 1 2 3 4 8 5 6 7 8 20 9 10 12 13 14 15 45 I want: 1 1 2 3.333333333 3 5.666666667 4 8 5 11 6 14 7 17 8 20 9 23.57142857 10 27.14285714 11 30.71428571 12 34.28571429 13 37.85714286 14 41.42857143 15 45 I know I can do a Fill, Series, but then even with a macro that does a "control shift up fill series enter",...

Case filled out from SharePoint
I need to have a simple form my users fill out to submit a case. This would include the Business Required fields on the CRM Case form. Is there an easy way to do this using SharePoint? In other words, the user would go to the SharePoint site, click a link to "Submit a Support Request". This would open a form (Infopath perhaps?) where they fill in a few simple items, click submit, and a new CRM Case is created. This then would fire any pertinent workflows as if the case had been created from within CRM itself. I'm aware there are 3rd party solutions out there but would...

MDI Application
Hi, I have an MDI application. The tabs are enabled. When a new child window is created the main application window title is updated - it displays the same string as the child window tab. This only works when a new child window is opened/created. When I just switch between the tabs the application window title is not updated, it still displays the name of teh last child window that was created. Could anyone help please? Thanks in advance, Anna Anna: It's been a while since I have developed MFC actively but there is definately a way to change the title bar text with a member fun...

Matching cells by content then cell fill with color
Thanks to JEM, I am using this routine to color three consecutive cell a specific color, in this case red: Public Sub ThreeCellsRed() ActiveCell.Resize(1,3).Interior.ColorIndex = 3 End Sub What I need now is a way for the routine to continue to find all th similar cells, let's say for sake of disc they are people's names, s when I execute the above on my name, mrh, I want it to continue in th worksheet and find all exact matches and color those same cells red. Another thought, say my name (MRH) is in "A1" and it is also in "D1". But in "D1" I use "...

Spontaneous format changes in Excel
I have a user who says that he experiences spontaneous format changes in MS Excel when he is working in his Monthly Receivables Analysis 2009 workbook. Every month beginning with the start of the fiscal year, he adds more data into the workbook so the size of the workbook grows continually until the end of the fiscal year, when he starts a brand new workbook. Currently, the file is 82,087KB in size (a very large spreadsheet). The user says that when working in this Monthly Receivables Analysis workbook, if he changes the decimal places of a cell range on the summary sheet from tw...

Modify a format style
When I try to modify the "Normal" format style it won't let me because (I think) under 'Protection' it's 'Locked'. How can I unlock it when the modify option is unavailable? I'm trying to create a spreadsheet using the 'Format Cells' option for Currency, but my spreadsheet refuses to apply that option even if under 'Edit" I clear 'All' or even just clear 'Format'. My spreadsheet still shows .25 as 0.25 - I want to get rid of the zero to the left of the decimal. And yes, I have checked even my Control Panel 'Regional ...

Change Store ID HELP!!!!!
I have an old PC, and replaced it with a new one, I put the wrong store number on the new PC and it ran a sync, now I cant change the store number, any IOdea how to change the store number back?? Please help thanks On the new PC run the following SQL query UPDATE Configuration SET StoreID = '' Note: after the equals it is 2 single quotes. Now you can set the store id to the correct number. Disclaimer: Always test any queries that modify data on a test database prior to running on your live data to ensure the desired results. Always back-up prior to running any SQL delete queri...

From field filled in
Hi and thanks in advance for this help. I am using Office 2003 with Exchange 2003. I have a second mailbox setup in my profile. When I reply to an e-mail sent to the other inbox, the From field is automatically filled in with that name. So for example, if the other inbox is "HelpDesk" and I reply to an e-mail in that inbox, the from field is automatically filled in as "HelpDesk". Hope that makes sense. Thanks!! <twytch111@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175611189.053649.28340@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi and thanks in advance for this help. I am...

email address change
jlwinn@centurylink.net ...

Change negative amount to positive.
Hi all I have in cell K2 "30" (without quotes) I have in cell L2 "45" (without quotes) In cell M2 the formula "=K2-L2" (without quotes) The result in M2 is of course -15. The values in K2, and L2, change once a week. Is there a way to show the result of the formula to always show a positive amount, and to react as a positive amount during a 'sort'? I hope this is clear! Thanks George Gee =ABS(K2-L2) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "George" <george.gee@nomaps.com> wrote in message news:%23KsAEvFlFHA.576@tk...

change autocomplete choice in to: cc: or bcc: fields
is there a way to change or remove a name that gets "autocompleted" in the to:, cc:, or bcc: fields? right now i have 2 entries that begin with "jennifer" and i'm always prompted with the one i don't want. is there a way to change this? thanks. ross You can just delete the one you don't want when it pops up. i realize that, but i'd like to change it to prompt me for the correct one. >-----Original Message----- >You can just delete the one you don't want when it pops up. >. > >i realize that, but i'd like to change it to pr...

format cells option not working
when i highlight some cells and try to format them nothing happends, workbook and sheets are not protected, cells in question dot not have any data in them at all, totaly blank! if they are locked how can i findout? and how to unlock them? Thanks, Steve Maybe this? OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320531 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Steven" <me@where.why> wrote in message news:K3Yfc.2505$UG1.744@newsfe5-gui.server.ntli.net... > when i highlight some cells and...

Operating fill handle and moving entire cells with keyboard
Is there any way of operating the fill handle or moving entire cells/range of cells with the keyboard rather than using the mouse (drag and drop). Thanks, Tom. Tom Copy or Cut Select range Select top left corner of range. Hold Shift & press End, Arrow down or right. Copy:= Ctrl + C Cut:= Ctl + X Paste Ctl + V To Fill Down or Right Ctrl + D or ctrl + r Use Excel Help and search for keyboard shortcuts for a complete List. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way of operating the fill handle or moving >entire cells/range of cells with the keyboard rathe...

Draft emails not retaining changes
I am finding that after making changes to an address in a draft email and saving it again, the changes do not hold. Does anyone have any idea why? This is Outlook 2000. ...

Colours changing in the fill palette and the spreadsheet?
Hi I have a user with Office 2003, and her pc and build is standard as with her colleagues. In Excel the colours would change (cells filled) also if the user goes to her pallette the colours have also changed. Desktop and all other applications colour are fine. The following resolutions have been tried - office detect and repair, updates, asked the user to got to the tools options and reset the pallette and this does not work. She has to log off and back in again in order to set it back to the proper colours. Again this is only affecting Excel? Any pointers? I wish to thank you in advanc...

Changes to working code
I have some code that gets data from an Excel 2003 spreadsheet to populate a listbox in a userform: Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set db = OpenDatabase("E:\My Documents\Excel Files\DemoSpreadsheet.xls", False, False, "Excel 8.0") Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM `mySSRange`") While Not rs.EOF Me.ListBox1.AddItem rs.Fields(0).Value rs.MoveNext Wend rs.Close db.Close Set rs = Nothing Set db = Nothing What do I need to do to modify this code to extract data from a Excel 2007 format file (xlsx or xlsm) and an E...

Have one fill to auto fill aother
My question is simple. I would like to have field 27 = field 25. So when someone enters the data for field 25, the same data auto populated in field 27. Any help is appreciated! Kaylen, In the CotrolSource for Field 27 type... =[field 25] ....assuming of that you are talking about a form in Microsoft Access or did you mean to post this question in the Excel newsgroup? -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Kaylen" <Kaylen@discussions....

Include credit memos on checks without applying to an invoice
Currently, you cannot include a credit memo on a check without applying it to an invoice. If that invoice is already paid, you have to apply it to a different invoice -- one that has nothing to do with it! You lose accurate transaction history for both invoices -- the one already paid and the one being applied against. We are in the retail industry and receive tons of credit memos that adjust costs on previously entered invoices at each month-end because we met quantity orders. It is impossible to apply them to original invoices and, therefore, have to apply them to invoices that th...

Formatting Axis
I am building a Line Chart on Excel 2003 with data from multiple sales divisions trying to show their growth in month to month sales. At the same time, I want to include a line for the total company but when I do, the lines for the divisions are all clumped together. How do I show, for instance, a set of four numbers running with dollars ranging from $500,000 to $3,000,000 for each month and then show the main company summed at $10,000,000 per month without having the first 4 lines all bunched together? Is there a way to omit the values from $4,000,000 to $9,000,000? Hope I explaine...

Filling in blank PO
Hi everybody, I have some question to you, when you create blank PO, then go to content and click Add Item you can see tw boxes. In top one there are all items from your database and in bottom one there are Items you are adding. If you reach number of rows visible in bottom window there is scroll bar comming on right hand side, and as you add more items every new ona is going to the very bottm of the list which is in invisible area. To get there and type in Qty you have to scroll down whole list every time when you add next item. I'm using most recent updates for RMS and I checked i...

Changing e-mail address
dI´m trying to change mail-address in AD-Users and computer. From "nnnn@xxx.xx" to "nnnn@yyy.xx", but it won't work. On the tab "e-mail Addresses" i try to set "nnnn@yyy.xx" as Primary, but it don't stay that way. If I open directly and check it seems right, but close and do one more client, the first has change back to "nnnn@xxx.xx". What am I doing wrong ???????? You will need to uncheck the checkbox "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" for the change to stay. Also make sure that you ...

how do i make a date change automatically if i change one before .
I have a production schedule within an excel document. I have a start date and a release date. Between these dates I have different dates that represent deliverys, approvals and review dates. These dates are sometimes changed due to weather, client issues, etc. Everytime I have to change a date, I have to look at a calendar and make the changes in each cell after the first change. Is there a way to format all the cells after the first start date, so if I change one date, all dates after that will change the same amount of days, leaving out weekends and national holidays. Take into...