How to delete rows automatically with values zero out?

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of rows. Many of them were entered
at the beginning and then were reversed out. I got this spreadsheet
from our ERP system. It is just like this:
Part#   Quantity Value
013-001    1        $1.00
013-001    -1       $1.00-
013-002    5        $25.00
013-007    3         $120.00
013-007    -3        $120.00-
022-001    12        $17.00
041-009     7         $251.00
041-009     -7        $251.00-
052-061     10       $30.00

How can I delete those rows autometically with the quantity were zero
out. I don't want them show up on my spreadsheet. Do I have to use
VBA? If so, could you please help me on the programme?

Thanks,
Tracey
0
Tracey
11/19/2009 9:33:41 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

This assumes that there are NO duplicates that are NOT "zeroed out"

Sub delnulifiedrows()
mc = 1 ' col A
For i = Cells(Rows.Count, mc).End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
If Cells(i - 1, mc) = Cells(i, mc) Then Rows(i - 1).Resize(2).Delete
Next i
End Sub

      Part#   Quantity Value
      013-002    5 25
      022-001    12 17
      052-061     10 30
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Tracey" <xinxindong2004@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of rows. Many of them were entered
> at the beginning and then were reversed out. I got this spreadsheet
> from our ERP system. It is just like this:
> Part#   Quantity Value
> 013-001    1        $1.00
> 013-001    -1       $1.00-
> 013-002    5        $25.00
> 013-007    3         $120.00
> 013-007    -3        $120.00-
> 022-001    12        $17.00
> 041-009     7         $251.00
> 041-009     -7        $251.00-
> 052-061     10       $30.00
>
> How can I delete those rows autometically with the quantity were zero
> out. I don't want them show up on my spreadsheet. Do I have to use
> VBA? If so, could you please help me on the programme?
>
> Thanks,
> Tracey

0
Don
11/19/2009 10:01:37 PM
On Nov 19, 2:01=A0pm, "Don Guillett" <dguille...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> This assumes that there are NO duplicates that are NOT "zeroed out"
>
> Sub delnulifiedrows()
> mc =3D 1 ' col A
> For i =3D Cells(Rows.Count, mc).End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
> If Cells(i - 1, mc) =3D Cells(i, mc) Then Rows(i - 1).Resize(2).Delete
> Next i
> End Sub
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 Part# =A0 Quantity Value
> =A0 =A0 =A0 013-002 =A0 =A05 25
> =A0 =A0 =A0 022-001 =A0 =A012 17
> =A0 =A0 =A0 052-061 =A0 =A0 10 30
> --
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguille...@austin.rr.com"Tracey" <xinxindong2...@gmail.com> wrote in mess=
age

> > Hello,
>
> > I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of rows. Many of them were entered
> > at the beginning and then were reversed out. I got this spreadsheet
> > from our ERP system. It is just like this:
> > Part# =A0 Quantity Value
> > 013-001 =A0 =A01 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0$1.00
> > 013-001 =A0 =A0-1 =A0 =A0 =A0 $1.00-
> > 013-002 =A0 =A05 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0$25.00
> > 013-007 =A0 =A03 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 $120.00
> > 013-007 =A0 =A0-3 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0$120.00-
> > 022-001 =A0 =A012 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0$17.00
> > 041-009 =A0 =A0 7 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 $251.00
> > 041-009 =A0 =A0 -7 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0$251.00-
> > 052-061 =A0 =A0 10 =A0 =A0 =A0 $30.00
>
> > How can I delete those rows autometically with the quantity were zero
> > out. I don't want them show up on my spreadsheet. Do I have to use
> > VBA? If so, could you please help me on the programme?
>
> > Thanks,
> > Tracey- Hide quoted text -

Hi Don,

I run this vba with my spreadsheet, it works. But there are some
issues like this:
052-010   1467     $20
052-010   356       $5
052-010   -1467    $20-
052-010   -356      $5-
052-010   1467     $20
052-010   -1639    $22
052-010   -329      $4.5-
After run the vba, 052-010 does not show up on my spreadsheet at all.
The last three items should be there, because they are not zeroed out.

And this:
053-095    18.9    $2
053-095    -352    $37-
053-095    -320    $33-
053-095     352    $37
053-095    -352    $37-
After run the vba, only 053-095   18.9   $2 show up on the
spreadsheet, which is supposed to have more.

Could you please help me to fix the problem?

Thank you very much,
Tracey
0
Tracey
11/19/2009 10:34:32 PM
Please TOP post when replying to ME.
Your FIRST example showed ONLY rows that zeroed out. It did not show ANY
that had the same number and a different col B.

Sub delnulifiedrows()
lr = Cells.find(What:="*", After:=[A1], _
SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
'MsgBox lr
mc = 1 ' col A
On Error Resume Next
For i = lr To 3 Step -1
If Cells(i - 1, mc) = Cells(i, mc) And _
Abs(Cells(i - 1, mc + 1)) = Abs(Cells(i, mc + 1)) Then
 Rows(i - 1).Resize(2).Delete
End If
Next i
End Sub

--
On Nov 19, 2:01 pm, "Don Guillett" <dguille...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> This assumes that there are NO duplicates that are NOT "zeroed out"
>
> Sub delnulifiedrows()
> mc = 1 ' col A
> For i = Cells(Rows.Count, mc).End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
> If Cells(i - 1, mc) = Cells(i, mc) Then Rows(i - 1).Resize(2).Delete
> Next i
> End Sub
>
> Part# Quantity Value
> 013-002 5 25
> 022-001 12 17
> 052-061 10 30
> --
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguille...@austin.rr.com"Tracey" <xinxindong2...@gmail.com> wrote in
> message

> > Hello,
>
> > I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of rows. Many of them were entered
> > at the beginning and then were reversed out. I got this spreadsheet
> > from our ERP system. It is just like this:
> > Part# Quantity Value
> > 013-001 1 $1.00
> > 013-001 -1 $1.00-
> > 013-002 5 $25.00
> > 013-007 3 $120.00
> > 013-007 -3 $120.00-
> > 022-001 12 $17.00
> > 041-009 7 $251.00
> > 041-009 -7 $251.00-
> > 052-061 10 $30.00
>
> > How can I delete those rows autometically with the quantity were zero
> > out. I don't want them show up on my spreadsheet. Do I have to use
> > VBA? If so, could you please help me on the programme?
>
> > Thanks,
> > Tracey- Hide quoted text -

Hi Don,

I run this vba with my spreadsheet, it works. But there are some
issues like this:
052-010   1467     $20
052-010   356       $5
052-010   -1467    $20-
052-010   -356      $5-
052-010   1467     $20
052-010   -1639    $22
052-010   -329      $4.5-
After run the vba, 052-010 does not show up on my spreadsheet at all.
The last three items should be there, because they are not zeroed out.

And this:
053-095    18.9    $2
053-095    -352    $37-
053-095    -320    $33-
053-095     352    $37
053-095    -352    $37-
After run the vba, only 053-095   18.9   $2 show up on the
spreadsheet, which is supposed to have more.

Could you please help me to fix the problem?

Thank you very much,
Tracey

0
Don

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Pivot Table row comparison
I'm trying to compare an old customer schedule with their new schedule and highlight the changes with colour or by hiding a row. My pivot table looks like this Prod Sched wk1 wk2 wk3 A old 3 2 3 A new 3 4 3 B old 2 2 2 B new 2 2 2 So in the above example I'd like to colour the cells for wk2- Product A in yellow, and hide the product B rows as there has been no change in demand. Can someone give me some advice about how to do this Thanks for your help Ross How about an alternative??? Your raw data looks kind of like this: Prod Sched wk# qty...

Cannot delete subreport

Unable to automatic close Outlook
After installing CRM Outlook client on laptop it isn't possible to close pc. This funtionality closes all open programs and shut down computer. After CRM is installed Outlook needs to be closed manual. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micro...

Rule for Deleted Items

I need to show the last number in a rows in the total pending row
I have a column where I list pending cases each month and I need to show the last number in the total pending cell at the bottom of the row. I can use an offset fomula which works if the pending cases begin in row 1. However, I am not able to get it to work if the pending cases begin in rows 4 or 5 as an example. Any suggestion? Rows don't have a bottom.............guess you meant Column. Last number in column A =LOOKUP(99^99,A:A) Last anything in column A =LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535<>""),A1:A65535) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:30:08 -0800, Jen S ...

number of rows #2
I used autoformat so that my rows would alternate colors. But, it added a bunch of empty rows so that the sheet is maxed out and my file is huge. I don't need all those empty rows and I can't find a way to delete them. Any suggestions for how to get rid of the rows, or limit the number of rows on a worksheet? I know I could copy all the data to a new worksheet, but I'd like a better solution. Try this: click on the number of the first empty row, so the whole row is selected. Using the vertical scrollbar, go to the last row on the sheet. Hold down the shift key while you cli...

Money Automatically Trying to Install whenever mouse is clicked
I have Money 2002 which came with my PC and was installed at time of order on my Windows XP Laptop. However, lately (this problem didn't occur until recently) whenever I try to open a new window of any sort in Windows, money is trying to re-install itself (even though its already installed and I keep telling it to cancel). How can I stop this? Thanks. Kelly >-----Original Message----- >I have Money 2002 which came with my PC and was installed >at time of order on my Windows XP Laptop. However, lately >(this problem didn't occur until recently) whenever I try ...

Automatically send email message when folder contents have changed.
Hoping someone can help. We have a UNIX server on our network and an Exchange 2003 server. Ideally we would like to have the Exchange server send an email to a group of users when a new file gets added to a shared folder on the UNIX box. The UNIX box is running VisionFS and we can see the shared folder in our Windows environment. Ideally I would like to have the Exchange server send a message without having to dedicate a PC running Outlook and a plug-in to the task but will do so if necessary. Any thoughts would be appreciated... Script it, schedule it to run on any member server (good i...

Delete macros

Automatic PO Re-Order
Is it Possible to generate Po using min/max re-order and not add the items already in transist on a previous Po? I need to generate from min levels only not the difference between Min. and what's on-order, to max level . -- Proink Clean up the PurchaseOrderEntry table - get rid of the entries you don't want in transit (note that it will also remove them from the prvious POs) "Proink" wrote: > Is it Possible to generate Po using min/max re-order and not add the items > already in transist on a previous Po? I need to generate from min levels only > not t...

Locate a specific row or column
Hi all, Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to dray the scroll bar? Clara thank you so much for your help In VBA code, you can use: Range("D100").Activate ' Or Range("D1:D100").Select ' Depending on if you want only one cell highlighted or a range of cells. -- Best wishes, Jim "clara" wrote: > Hi all, > > Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to > dray the scroll bar? > > Clara > > thank you so much for your help Hi Clara Have you tried goto in the Ed...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

Having trouble with extra rows at the bottom of the doc
How do I delete the extra rows at the bottom of a doc. I have inherited a document that has 60 rows of data and 3682 rows of empty cells that have the boarder set. When I select and delete them, new ones reappear. I have turned the cell boards off and it still creates empty cells with the boarder. Is there any way to delete these rows? -ken Ken, Are you selecting and then deleting and then saving? HTH, Andy Ken Excel has a habit of retaining "used" cells way beyond where you are currently working. On a worksheet hit CRTL + END to see where you wind up. If far below and...

SelectSingleNode returning undefined value:imsmanifest.xml
I tried so many ways to select the node but its not working, please help. I want to research by the identifier in imsmanifest.xml file, the node could be item or resource. XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument(); try { string node = Request.QueryString["node"]; //getting nodeid from query string doc.Load(Session["xmlFile"].ToString()); //load xml file from session variable //Create an XmlNamespaceManager for resolving namespaces. XmlNamespaceManager nsmgr = new XmlNamespaceManager(doc.NameTable); //there are two namespaces not sure i...

Deleting an email

Use a cell value as part of a formula
Hi All, I'm trying to use a cell value as part of a vlookup function. The idea is to keep changing the lookup query based on a the contents of a specific cell This is the forumla I'm currently using VLOOKUP($A2,'C:\Matrix0203\07-Feb03\[025-MainPub-ET-1801.XLS]Sheet1'!$A$1:$M$200,2,FALSE) I need a way to replace "025-MainPub-ET-1801.XLS" in the formula based on another cell, where this will be generated (or manually entered). Right now I'm doing a select all, find and replace to achieve this. Any help will be appreciated... Chirag Hi Chirag, You could use ...