How to create "frames" in Excel 2003?

Hi all,

Is there a way to create frames in Excel like one can do for webpages?
For example if I split my sheet vertically, I want a frame on the left
side which has "links" that if I click them change the sheet I'm
viewing on the right side.

Thank you!

0
greatdiwei (10)
11/9/2006 7:58:13 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Anyone?

0
greatdiwei (10)

Printing frames in excel
How do I automotically print Excel worksheets with a frame /borde around them -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't think that this is built into excel. But a lot (a few???) printers can print borders (as well as watermarks). You may want to check your printer to see if that's built in. If it's not you could add borders to each sheet. I would think the easiest way would be to: View|Page Break Preview (reduce the zoom factor--big enough to see, but small enough to see lots) Then select the range on each page and format|cells|border tab|Outline. Remember i...

Creating frames inside excel
Hi 1. I would like to keep a navigation bar, visible on all worksheets, a bit like frames on a web page. Is there anyway of doing this in excel? 2. Another issue. I have a macro (code below) which creates a dropdown list of worksheets, by clicking I can access directly that sheet, however if I want this on every sheet, I must make a new macro for each combobox. Is there anyway I can using the same combobox for all sheets? Private Sub cboTheList_Click() Worksheets(cboTheList.Text).Activate End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Dim ws As Worksheet cboTheList.Clear ...

Frames #2
How to divide a window into frames using Publisher? wondering wrote: > How to divide a window into frames using Publisher? =================================== I suspect you are referring to creating a website...try the following newsgroup: "publisher.webdesign" http://tinyurl.com/2rhz7 -- John Inzer ...

"round frames"
Hi, how can I manage to let the text flow around e.g. a flower. Is it possible to define a picture frame free-hand. Or do I have to take the square-frame. Sorry for my bad English- hope you understand... Greetings Harry Hi harry (framasseo@gmx.de), in the newsgroups you posted: || Hi, || how can I manage to let the text flow around e.g. a flower. || || Is it possible to define a picture frame free-hand. Or do I have to || take the square-frame. || Sorry for my bad English- hope you understand... || Greetings || Harry Harry, not really an option in Publisher. Check out this link: http://off...

making frames in a spread sheet?
Does any one know how to make a spreadsheet in to frames? i tried freeze pane but what i really want is to separate the worksheet into frames like a webpage, so if i scroll down the right side, the left side and the top side won't mvoe... thanks jay I think about the closest you can get is to have two vertically positioned windows side by each. The active window will scroll but inactive will remain stationary. Excel has no "frames" feature like a webpage. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On 16 Nov 2006 16:14:35 -0800, jaymai108@gmail.com wrote: >Does any one know how to make...

Pages in Inline frames
Dear Sirs I do have a simple “Login” page which is situated in an inline frame of a main page. If I try to “Login” with the password – the new page is opening as well in the inline frame. I would like that the new page is opening in a new window. How can I alter my code that this will happen? This is a part of the code for the Login page: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"> <link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">...

How to create wireframes of webpages
Hello, I am new to Visio and I am wondering if there is a template, add-on' or quick way for creating wireframes for web pages. Any help and suggestion if appreciated With thanks, Michael. Hello Michael, Take a look at Nick Finck's site. There's a link on http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm under Information Architecture. Best regards John John Goldsmith www.visualSignals.co.uk "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4A41E38-CBA8-47D9-9E22-C426A0F02044@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am new to Visio and I am wonder...

Printing rtf that contains text frames
How can i print rtf files that contains text frames without opening the word. please if u can send me code or any clue how 2 do that. my email is:leon@galor.com ...

CHTMLView and frames
'ello Can sombody please tell me how to prevent the CHtmlView from opening a new window if the target frame does not exist. (Just open the page as if there was no target specified) Thanx Hein I'm not really sure what you want here? Is removing the Navigate2 call from the OnInitialUpdate function in the view what you need? -- Frank "Hein Albrecht" <heina@magnumsimplex.com> wrote in message news:u2Gkf5QAEHA.3672@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > 'ello > > Can sombody please tell me how to prevent the CHtmlView from opening a new > window if the target fra...

Sharepoint Designer 2007
Hi I am building a website that uses a frames layout where there is a top frame with a logo and navigation buttons, a contents frame and a main frame. When opened the viewer starts off on a News page for which there is a menu in the contents frame. If the viewer then navigates to, say, the photo gallery page the contents menu change accordingly but the contents of the main frame remain as for the News page. Is it possible to ensure that two frames are loaded when the relevant navigation button is clickedwithout the viewer having to click on one of the menu buttons in the c...

Multiple picture frames
If I need to successively create a number of picture frames on a page is it necessary to click the picture frame tool icon for each picture frame? -- Maggie After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Maggie <pagebooks@cinci.rr.com>... > If I need to successively create a number of picture frames on a page > is it necessary to click the picture frame tool icon for each picture > frame? What version of Publisher are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclai...

Multiple picture frames problem
I'm receiving emails that have pictures in them. These mails have a vertical blue line running down the left hand side. As I scroll down the page, I see the cursor change from an arrow to one with four little arrows pointing north, east, south, and west. When I click on it , I get a frame around the picture. I could understand one but, as I scroll down the page I get one after another, sometimes as many as 10. It' like they are different layers. If I delete any one of them, the picture disappears. Is there a way to reduce these multiple frames to just one? Thanks, Jim ...

How to create a report with Frames running based on a linkage
Hi All, I want to build a SSRS report with two frames (or windows )in it. The way I want the report to work in on the left hand frame I will source data from a query to list products. When the user clicks on left hand frame on a product I want the right hand frame to list all sales for that product. I want to keep both the left and right frames to be visible. Please note the left frame is running a query creating a dataset something like this: SELECT ProductName From Products where region = p_region (the region is selected as a report parameter) I want the list of pr...

Text Frames
Having set up a text frame and split it into 2 columns using format text frame, after typing some text into the first column i was wondering if it is possible to get into the 2nd column without having to keep pressing the return key. thanks Michael Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Michael <mikeym_23@hotmail.com> > Having set up a text frame and split it into 2 columns > using format text frame, after typing some text into the > first column i was wondering if it is possible to get into > the 2nd column without having t...

Frames
Why did MS decide to change the appearance of the text frame and picture frame box frames from a nice crisp line to a fat clunky style? Is there any tweak to make these outlines thinner? Thanks, Treeman Publisher 2003 fixed that issue. Amazing they changed it in Publisher 2002. It was bizarre it was ever introduced. You can only wonder at the calibre of intellect to produce such a bizarre 'feature'. *EVERYBODY* hated it. Sorry, no fix for Publisher 2002. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Gu...

Change current page to frames
My homepage is already created. I'd like to change it to frames. Can this be done using the same page? Thanks in advance!! Richard was thinking very hard : > My homepage is already created. I'd like to change it to frames. Can this be > done using the same page? Thanks in advance!! Umm, why not? Edit the source, and you're off to the races. Or, you could create a new "home" page, then do a bit of file renaming to move the old one out and the new one in. I tend to do the latter on major surgery, and the former for run of the mill nips/tucks. -- ...

Excel Data appearing in new Pop-up window rather than frameset frame
I have a servlet running in Tomcat that delivers an excel data file, the response content type being set to: "application/vnd.ms-excel" My html page uses a frameset to display (amongst other things) the excel data. The data is displayed on the click of a button and is directed to a particuler frame: <FORM method=post action="servlet/XLDataServlet/data.xls" target="exceldata"> <INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="Display Excel Data"> </FORM> With Internet Explorer 6.0 the excel data is displayed in the target frame, with Internet Explorer 5.5...

what happened to the frames command in word for 2007?
please help me locate the frames command that was present in word 2003. i am using office 07/ word and cant lcoate it? to be clear i mean te frame command that creates a a file above, below, to the sides ofthe file... you can drag and drop between the docs. HELP! Click Office button | Word Options. In the Customize category, you can add the New Frame Above, New Frame Below, New Frame Left, and New Frame Right commands to the Quick Access Toolbar. Be sure to set "Choose commands from" to "All Commands." -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "msk&q...

OWA 2003 doesn't display frames or images.
Hello, We've just installed E2K3 on a W2K3 server which was prepared by another team using their own security template. The installation completed without errors and we can access OWA using integrated authentication. The problem is that neither the frames nor any of the the images are displayed in OWA, just the image placeholders/red-x-in-a-square. Is this due to not having sufficient permissions on the Exchange virtual directory? There are no errors in the event logs. Thanks, - Alan. Hi, If you remove the security template (remove from Local security policy - or if applied via G...

Clipart is missing in picture frames after rebooting.
I am working in Publisher 2003 creating an 8 page newsletter. The clipart I insert from Clipart from the website is there until I close the document and reboot, i.e. the next day. When I open the document the picture frames are there with no clipart images. I have gone thru Graphics Manager, saved them onto my hard drive, etc. and this has not worked. I reinserted them yesterday only to have them gone again today. Our local tech support people are stumped. Check for an updated video driver. Do you have view, picture, detailed display enabled? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office...

window.parent.Frames['MyFrame'].document returns error in CRM
Hi All, I need a little help here. I have an application which needs to be integrated with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. I have a page in which i have two frames. The frame on the LHS(MyFrame) of the screen contains my application page and the RHS is the CRM page. I have added a button in the CRM page onclick of which i call a function. In this function i try to access a resource in MyFrame. When i do an alert on window.parent.Frames['MyFrame'], it returns an object. But when i try window.parent.Frames['MyFrame'].document there is an error. How can i access an element in my applicat...

How to lock the frames down, not group the frames
I can group two or more frames together in Publisher 2000, which is great! But is there a way to lock the grouped frames to the page? I find myself from time to time accidentally moved the grouped frames. Thanks, DM Shawnews <ddmak@shaw.ca> was very recently heard to utter: > I can group two or more frames together in Publisher 2000, which is > great! But is there a way to lock the grouped frames to the page? I > find myself from time to time accidentally moved the grouped frames. Zoom out to 10% or so, so you can see the entire scratch area. Create a rectangle that spa...

Frames on Photo Gallery images
Can a frame be added to images that are already in a photo gallery? I know how to add a frame to images that aren't in a photo gallery, but the same procedure doesn't work for images already assigned to a photo gallery. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! No - unless you rewrite the scripts generating the gallery Add you "frame" by editing the images before you use them -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; _____...

server filter multiple frames
Hi, Does anyone know how to use a server filter such that when going from a single frame, the server filter passes a varible, in my case purchaseorderID to a certain frame. The html of the page being opened looks like this <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Edit Order</TITLE> </HEAD> <FRAMESET COLS=47%,* > <FRAME NAME=LEFT src="EditPO.htm" scrolling=yes> <FRAME NAME=RIGHT src="ViewItems.htm " scrolling=yes> </FRAMESET> </HTML> where im trying to pass the purchaseorderID to EditPO so that it opens the purchase order selected...

asp.net, frames with paegs from different servers
Hi, I have this issue: I developed an asp.net application, it works, fine. I have to place it inside an already-done frame: -------------------------- server 1 -------------------------- S - E - Server 2 R - V - E - R - - 1 - - - The scheme should give the correct idea: server 2 is my hosted application. The issue is that css, javascript etc don't work basically because the resource linked are searched in the "server 1" uri. this is the example code: <link rel="stylesheet" href="~/CSS/default.css" type="text/css"...