How to create data connections for tab-delimited data...

Hi,

I am having difficulty with creating a tab-delimited data connection.
I used the Excel Import Data Wizard with success. When I try to access
the Data Connection to change my source file, for some reason I don't
have access to the Properties Tab. Can you help explain what I am
doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

-Greg
0
gamouning (35)
9/11/2009 7:43:30 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

problem using tab
When I hit the tab button the selection jumps several columns over instead of going to the next column. What's strange is that this seems to happen only on one computer in the network and not on the others. The document is shared so I think it is maybe the formatting for that computer's excel. Does anyone know what is going on? Hi Tools > Options > Transition, uncheck "transision navigation keys". HTH. Best wishes Harald (Not knowing what's going on, just how to get rid of it :-) "officebug" <officebug@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i me...

How to create a ledger sheet
Hello. I have a database with the following tables:Customers, Orders, and PaymentsThe Customers table has a one-to-many relationship with the Orderstable. The Customers table also has a one-to-many relationship withthe Payments table.I am trying to create what I think is commonly called a ledger sheet.This sheet simply shows the dollar amount of every order that anindividual customer has placed (debits) and every payment that thecustomer has made (credits). It also shows a running balance. Entriesare shown in chronilogical order.I am having trouble creating a report that would draw debits from...

Passing data from one form to another

Insert an autofiltered range into another tab
I'm am having an issue when trying to insert a range from an autofilter on one sheet to another. The range has to be inserted above rows that have data in them. When I use the insert.shift:xldown, it only moves down the first column. TIA, Sub B_CreateTabs() Dim rngE As Range Dim lngLastRow As Long Dim mgrval, lobval, shtval As String mgrval = "myself" lobval = "dept" shtval = mgrval & "-" & lobval Windows("Mybook.xls").Activate Sheets(shtval).Select Sheets(shtval).Copy After:=Workbooks("Mybook.xls&quo...

object not being created
hello, I created a dialog based application.I pop up a modal dialog from the menu created in my application.Class midialog is associated with this dialog resource.By mistake i created an obj of this class in the menu handler as shown in code below. OnMenu()//handler in my application dialog class.i.e.main dialog { midialog m_d; m_d.DoModal();//creating my modal dialog } after couple of daysi realized that i wanted the obj not inside the handler but in the class CMainDlg(class of the main dialog).So i removed above code and tried to declare a variable of type midialog m_d(again,s...

Connecting to BofA
anyone setup their sitekey and having problems with "update"? i created the sitekey like on tuesday and now when i do the update it fails constantly :(:(:(:( Try calling BofA's online banking dept at 800.933.6262 "w0rm3y" wrote: > anyone setup their sitekey and having problems with "update"? i created the > sitekey like on tuesday and now when i do the update it fails constantly > :(:(:(:( actually going to call again, i called wednesday (day before thanksgiving) and believe it or not they were already closed and i've sent them message...

Help ! formatting data to text

how do i recover data in publisher
i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked the "ok" button in the window and lost all data . can i recover it Look in a folder in My Documents named "My Data Sources". Publisher data is saved as .mdb(Access) file. Did you try selecting "Edit Address List" in the Mailings and Catalog menu (Tools)? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "dee" <dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:690430F1-36DE-47EE-8B7D-DD12A096C075@microsoft.com... >i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked ...

Using subtotals as single data entries
Sorry about the subject--I couldn't figure out how to describe it simply. I have a large file (16,000 records) of amounts billed by roughly 10,000 service providers. A number of these providers have multiple office locations, so each record is unique to a specific office location. In other words, a provider who billed from 3 different office locations will have 3 entries. Each provider has a unique provider ID number, which stays the same regardless of which office location he is billing from. I want to be able to subtotal the amount billed by each provider for all their office locations...

Retrieving sorted data from same table.
Hi All, I am working on a table (mentioned below) I am looking for a query which can get me the data according to the =93id=94 column with respect to speed. The condition is that I have to get three consecutive entries which have speed > 60 Below is the sample table with data on which I have to retrieve the data on above condition. The output i need can be as given below DVXC002 12/10/09 0:12 96 DVXC002 12/10/09 18:40 89 DVXC002 12/10/09 19:43 65 DVXC005 12/10/09 11:56 69 DVXC005 12/10/09 15:26 62 DVXC005 12/10/09 17:35 85 Need your help urgently....Thanks in advan...

Import directory data into Excel 2003
I have over 1000 media files that I would like to extract information from and put into an Excel spreadsheet. Using Explorer, I have defined the fields I would like to see, such as title, duration, comment etc. Now, I need to import this data into Excel. So far, I've not been able to find a way to do this. Can someone offer some suggestions please? Thanks, Nigel -- www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends www.sysadmininc.com - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking... www.british-expats.com - Connect with British Expats World Wide www.kxez.com/shows_britishinv...

show last data point in chart
Hello, I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? Thank you. Nathan - > I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? < Click the charted data once to select the entire data series. Pause. Click the single point to select it. Then use the Format menu. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com Thanks for your reply. Well, that would work if I knew which point on the chart ...

Showing the perimeter of a set of (X,Y) data!
Good day all, I need to plot the perimeter of a set of data. I have a set of (X,Y) data with error bar and it is a nice mess so I just actually need to see (show) the area were the data can be found. Then hopefully overlay an other set of (X',Y') data and show that they both cover the same surface of existence. i.e this is a set of metrology measurement in X and Y of a part build from different mould. Obviously you get a nice cloud of X and Y but does the new material offer the same 'cloud' ? Thank you I think the easiest way to do this is plot the data on a XY Scatter cha...

Import excel data to outlook calendar
I have found lots of tips to import excel data to the address book, etc, but can't find how to "custom map" or how to import data from an excel spreadsheet into the outlook calendar. Could anyone make any suggestions? Hi Tracy, normally you are in the wrong newsgoup, but I try to help you. - First export the dates from your OL calender to an excel file. - In this file, you can find all the headlines for importing. - If you try to import date, be sure that the headline matches as described before. - Then to the normal job for import in Outlook -- Ich hoffe, das hilft / ...

Registration Entry for External Data Refresh Prompt
Hello, I have several Excel Workbooks with external queries, pivots, etc. I have "ASK TO UPDATE AUTOMATIC LINKS" checked in TOOLS - OPTIONS. But it seems like I still stometimes get asked whether or not I want to update. Particularily I notice when I close the workbook I may get prompted if I want it to automatically update. Is there something I can do so I do not get prompted? Something in the registry perhaps? Thanks for any assistance! ...

Copy Data from One Group of Cells to Another Group
I have five columns of data on two different sheets in the same workbook. One set of columns is sorted in ascending date order the other in descending date order. When I enter data into the last row of Sheet 1, I need the data in that row in columns A, B, C and D to be copied into Sheet 2 columns A, C, D and E in a newly inserted row 14. Is this possible with the use of a macro? I can find the last cell in Sheet 1, but then need to go up one row and back to column A. I am having difficulty with that. Thanks is advance for any assistance offered! /s/ Alan Auerbach On Sat, 26 May 2007, ...

How do I get total value data labels in a stacked bar chart?
I have a 3-D stacked bar chart with four series and I want to have the total value in each category be displayed in a data label. Can I do this, and if so, how?? Hi, This should help http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm Cheers Andy blemerson wrote: > I have a 3-D stacked bar chart with four series and I want to have the total > value in each category be displayed in a data label. Can I do this, and if > so, how?? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thanks, Andy. The CFO is thrilled. Heather "Andy Pope" wrote: > Hi, >...

outlook can not connect to the internet
I just installed outlook 2003 and when I try to load it it directs me to set up an e-mail account. When I do this thw e-mail manager says it can not connect to the internet. I can browse the web fine. Any ideas? stevechild <stevechild@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed outlook 2003 and when I try to load it it directs me > to set up an e-mail account. When I do this thw e-mail manager says > it can not connect to the internet. I can browse the web fine. Any > ideas? Please list the exact steps you take to create the account. -- Brian Tillman ...

Create activity by workflow
Hello! I have read i can use in activity text field &leadbase.companyname; (when i am making workflow to send e-mail to user) But it didnt work. Why? (in SQL base i have table "leadbase" and column in this table "companyname") Lina try this:- &lead.companyname; Peter "Lina" <Lina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4F7F8AA-429B-4F8E-B34B-749C0972153F@microsoft.com... > Hello! > I have read i can use in activity text field &leadbase.companyname; (when > i > am making workflow to send e-mail to user) But it didnt...